ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. BAM Please Burst Through that Bubble

Moderators: heat4life, IggieCC, Wiltside, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda

eddieheatfan
Head Coach
And1: 14,318

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. BAM Please Burst Through that Bubble 

Post#121 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:07 am

Wiltside wrote:Bam knows the drill. His agent knows the drill. His agent is Giannis' agent.

Bam isn't going anywhere.
:o
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,573

Post#122 » by DayofMourning » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:14 am

This fella knows what's what. He's got us adding Anthony Davis and Nico Mannion, and winning the chip next year, lol.

Your 2020 Dunk Contest Champion-Derrick Jones Jr!
ThaFranchize84
Junior
And1: 69

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. BAM Please Burst Through that Bubble 

Post#123 » by ThaFranchize84 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:59 pm

Great to have Miami Heat basketball back. I know we are all enjoying the games but I wanted to throw something out there for everyone’s thoughts. In building our future team let’s say Oladipo and Giannis either resign with their current teams or sign elsewhere. What would everyone’s fallback options be? Some say trade the young guys and future picks for Mitchell or Beal. I am thinking what if the Heat take their cap space in 2021 and sign Derozan and Gallinari. In this plan we keep the young guys and build a contender that fits Jimmy’s timeline. Imagine running a lineup out there of:

Bam
Gallo
Robinson
Derozan
Butler

Bench

Nunn
Herro
Olynk
Crowder/Jones
KZ
Draft pick 2020
Etc

To me that team is a clear contender. You have the floor spacing for Bam, Derozan and Butler in Gallo and Robinson along with Herro and Olynk off the bench. You might have to choose between Nunn and Dragic after next season. What is everyone’s thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 34,405

Post#124 » by Wiltside » Yesterday 4:55 am

It's a solid team Franchize, but it isn't how I would want to spend that cap space. Personally not sold on the fit, and question marks around the durability of someone like Gallo longer term for the monetary commitment it would take. Has missed a lot of games. Not sold on how Butler/DeRozan fit together either, despite the fact you mention Robinson and Gallo as the floor spacers and DeMar and Jimmy as the shot creators and FT line bucket getters.

For me, assuming we swung and missed on Giannis and the other big names re-up in LA (Kawhi, Lebron, PG)...I'd probably go with DoM and make a big push for Rudy Gobert. The potential defense with Gobert, Adebayo and Butler would be beautiful, and you can surround them with Herro and Robinson as the shooting they need, along with shooters off the bench.

How much cap would we be projected to have outside of a max slot? Can we sign a max and anyone else and then extend Bam and DRob?

I don't hate the idea of getting Blake Griffin for cheap in a 6th man type role either, to preserve his body and take advantage of 2nd units. He could be really good in that capacity...but I'd want him to show me something next season. This one was a write off.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
carnageta
Ballboy
And1: 32

Post#125 » by carnageta » Yesterday 5:05 am

ThaFranchize84 wrote:Great to have Miami Heat basketball back. I know we are all enjoying the games but I wanted to throw something out there for everyone’s thoughts. In building our future team let’s say Oladipo and Giannis either resign with their current teams or sign elsewhere. What would everyone’s fallback options be? Some say trade the young guys and future picks for Mitchell or Beal. I am thinking what if the Heat take their cap space in 2021 and sign Derozan and Gallinari. In this plan we keep the young guys and build a contender that fits Jimmy’s timeline. Imagine running a lineup out there of:

Bam
Gallo
Robinson
Derozan
Butler

Bench

Nunn
Herro
Olynk
Crowder/Jones
KZ
Draft pick 2020
Etc

To me that team is a clear contender. You have the floor spacing for Bam, Derozan and Butler in Gallo and Robinson along with Herro and Olynk off the bench. You might have to choose between Nunn and Dragic after next season. What is everyone’s thoughts?

I can't imagine a Derozan/Butler pairing being pretty. The spacing would suffer, even if you were to surround them with 2 outstanding shooters.

If we could get Debo for cheap, I'm all for it. I would not commit large amounts of money for him at this point, however. Don't get me wrong though, Derozan is still a great player and is probably good enough to be the beta to a true transcendental stars' alpha, but Jimmy Butler just isn't that 5 star alpha, unfortunately.
ThaFranchize84
Junior
And1: 69

Post#126 » by ThaFranchize84 » Yesterday 2:05 pm

I just think if you strike out on the top guys I think you could do a lot worse at splitting $35 million between Gallo and Derozan. I think Derozan would probably take a deal around $20 million per over 3 years and then you sign Gallo to a 3 year deal at $15-18 per year. With this strategy you keep Herro and Nunn and your future picks to keep adding in youth to this roster with the vets. I also feel like Bam is going to continue expanding his range. Just my thoughts.

Return to Miami Heat