ImageImageImage

Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST

Moderators: BFRESH44, Wiltside, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, IggieCC

User avatar
Chalm Down
RealGM
Posts: 25,666
And1: 127,760
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
Location: snuggled in beno's strapping arms

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#221 » by Chalm Down » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:20 pm

IggieCC wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Ennis's handle came a long way

I'm the biggest supporter bish. I OPied James Ennis ROTY thread iirc


not true, goodboy was a huge ennis supporter
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 45,681
And1: 211,605
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Beno Udrih Stats
 

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#222 » by IggieCC » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:20 pm

Magic also have Khem Birch. aren't you a retirement home for Heat rejects
Image
The Biggest Fan
User avatar
Chalm Down
RealGM
Posts: 25,666
And1: 127,760
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
Location: snuggled in beno's strapping arms

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#223 » by Chalm Down » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:21 pm

IggieCC wrote:James Harden 2-11 Eric Gordon 0-10 from 3s yet beat OKC by 13 points? hoywut

Rox gon stomp everyone in the West


tunder not even making this respectable smh

why did u have to be raised there and curse that city
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 10,851
And1: 41,051
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#224 » by Wiltside » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:25 pm

Just finished watching the game guis. GG OP.

- DRob was lights out. When he’s in the zone like that, he’s unbelievable.
- Jimmy solid. Defense very good, offense a little shaky but came up big with a few late clock treys again.
- Anyone see Bam tonight? Worst game I’ve seen him play in a long time. The early fouls took him out his rhythm and he looked like a deer in headlights. Glad it didn’t cost us.
-Dragic starting has been a masterstroke. He’s been huge, and we need him to get us settled early.
- Herro didn’t shoot well but hit the dagger. He’s so composed for a young kid.
- Iggy Battier just helps your team win. He’s built for these moments.
- Not sold on Dipo at this point. Do not want unless super cheap trade.

2 more for second round. Let’s get it.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 10,851
And1: 41,051
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#225 » by Wiltside » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:26 pm

Also, that was a vintage Miami Heat free throw performance. Phuckin make some FT’s.

Why did Yimmy take the technical too? DRob the GOAT shooter cmon Yim
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
Majestic7
Starter
Posts: 2,202
And1: 7,612
Joined: Dec 30, 2014
Location: SE Florida
     

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#226 » by Majestic7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:28 pm

A win in the playoffs is always a good thing. Love it when the three ball is falling!

Game Stats…

Image
Image

Full Game Highlights…

User avatar
Chalm Down
RealGM
Posts: 25,666
And1: 127,760
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
Location: snuggled in beno's strapping arms

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#227 » by Chalm Down » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:30 pm

Wiltside wrote:Just finished watching the game guis. GG OP.

- DRob was lights out. When he’s in the zone like that, he’s unbelievable.
- Jimmy solid. Defense very good, offense a little shaky but came up big with a few late clock treys again.
- Anyone see Bam tonight? Worst game I’ve seen him play in a long time. The early fouls took him out his rhythm and he looked like a deer in headlights. Glad it didn’t cost us.
-Dragic starting has been a masterstroke. He’s been huge, and we need him to get us settled early.
- Herro didn’t shoot well but hit the dagger. He’s so composed for a young kid.
- Iggy Battier just helps your team win. He’s built for these moments.
- Not sold on Dipo at this point. Do not want unless super cheap trade.

2 more for second round. Let’s get it.


Bam has me a bit worried that covid may have affected his conditioning. He has had some good games in the bubble too though, so that's encouraging. And Turner is a formidable matchup too

I agree Oladipo would be weird on this team, especially next to jimmy
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
User avatar
HerroBalls
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,245
And1: 10,030
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#228 » by HerroBalls » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:38 pm

Is it crazy that I think we're legit better than the Bucks
Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute


ANONYMOUS MOD wrote:I forgot how to merge threads so I'm just locking this.
User avatar
HerroBalls
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,245
And1: 10,030
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#229 » by HerroBalls » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:41 pm

Majestic7 wrote:A win in the playoffs is always a good thing. Love it when the three ball is falling!

Game Stats…

Image
Image

Full Game Highlights…




Can someone make Butler and TJ's face there into Avi or sig format?




Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute


ANONYMOUS MOD wrote:I forgot how to merge threads so I'm just locking this.
User avatar
dean456
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,803
And1: 3,108
Joined: Jul 04, 2017
 

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#230 » by dean456 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:35 pm

HerroBalls wrote:Is it crazy that I think we're legit better than the Bucks


Nah not crazy, Bucks have played their best basketball most of the year. Feels like we've been saving ourselves for this moment and turning it up now.

I don't think Milwaukee can do against us what they are doing against Orlando right now. Giannis is attacking them hard and they are forced to build a 3 man wall leaving all their shooters wide open. If Bam can even somewhat hold his ground against Giannis then we should be able to keep their shooters from getting hot.

If we can show we have the mental fortitude to hold off the Pacers over the next 2 games I am very confident we can outlast Milwaukee over 4-7 games.
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 10,851
And1: 41,051
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#231 » by Wiltside » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:00 am

dean456 wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:Is it crazy that I think we're legit better than the Bucks


Nah not crazy, Bucks have played their best basketball most of the year. Feels like we've been saving ourselves for this moment and turning it up now.

I don't think Milwaukee can do against us what they are doing against Orlando right now. Giannis is attacking them hard and they are forced to build a 3 man wall leaving all their shooters wide open. If Bam can even somewhat hold his ground against Giannis then we should be able to keep their shooters from getting hot.

If we can show we have the mental fortitude to hold off the Pacers over the next 2 games I am very confident we can outlast Milwaukee over 4-7 games.


I think our depth will test most teams in the playoffs. Our 9 man rotation right now is pretty solid. I mean, Nunn isn't even getting off the bench at present and he was a key piece for us majority of the season.

I'm not sure we can beat Milwaukee over a 7 game series, but I'd sure like to find out. We have as good a chance as any of the other Eastern contenders.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
goodboy
RealGM
Posts: 44,944
And1: 179,438
Joined: Aug 07, 2014
Location: Living rent free in Saltics heads
 

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#232 » by goodboy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:08 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Ennis's handle came a long way

I'm the biggest supporter bish. I OPied James Ennis ROTY thread iirc


not true, goodboy was a huge ennis supporter

Im also a huge fan of your ennis
Jayson "he's only 19 :o" Tatum
al bondiga
Senior
Posts: 628
And1: 944
Joined: Oct 18, 2018

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#233 » by al bondiga » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:10 am

IggieCC wrote:
al bondiga wrote:Give It Up for Riley, getting igoudala was pure genius... and even though small ball I thought was a mistake by spo... going small has given us identity... leonard, unless it's an emergency, you are not seeing time in the playoffs

gave us the identity that we've had since 2011 al?
no, it hasn't given us the identity we had since 2011, it has given us enough for the players we actually have, we are not the ultimate winners, but we can ball
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 16,551
And1: 11,917
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#234 » by twix2500 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:23 am

So happy for Dragic. Thought it might be too late for Dragic to play as a go too player on a playoff team. Nunn issues has cut the leash off of Dragic. Very enjoyable to watch.

Absolutely amazing to see teams constantly fall asleep defending Robinson and how much damage he causes when the defense sleeps.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
zgope1
Sophomore
Posts: 157
And1: 330
Joined: Jan 12, 2017
 

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#235 » by zgope1 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:35 am

The team is looking good:

-Spo is coaching well in the restart. Not sure if he was playing chess all along but he's not normally the kind of coach to take the low hanging fruit and just play his best lineups straight away. Crowder at the four, Dragic at the 1 are good examples of him just getting straight to his best lineups.

- Tyler is just holding his own well enough defensively to justify that closing lineup. He clearly fights very hard and at least has a bit of size and spring for a guard with not a lot of length.

- The Jimmy 3 ball looks back to its previous form from before this season. Love that he's not too in love with it though. He had a shocking start offensively but you can't hold him down for long.

-D Rob just consistently hits tough 3s.

-Iggy makes opposition players look so queasy with the ball. I didn't watch him closely in GS because of all their other talent but he really is an amazing defender.

- Bam had about the worst game he could have and still impacted the game massively. Amazing defender in these first two games. Epic pass to Crowder on the cut in the 3rd. Could be a bit more aggressive. He's capable of beating Turner up a bit. Turner wont have many better offensive games than that one either.

- Goran is just a pro. Settles us down when we need it. Seems to give us very timely offence. The whole breakaway sequence of this game was just him cooking. He's built a deep repertoire in Miami. The 3 is high release and money, the step back midrangers developed in Miami and he'll always be a solid finisher with his great timing.



People discussing how we would possibly go against the Bucks if we get past Indy.. Well i don't think Giannis will enjoy putting the ball on the floor with Jimmy and Iggy roaming around. But it would be a tough tough series. A very entertaining one i feel.
User avatar
Dr_Heat
RealGM
Posts: 20,420
And1: 92,948
Joined: Feb 27, 2015
Location: Bustelo coffee bar
         

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#236 » by Dr_Heat » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:07 am

:rockon:
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
HEATVols865
Head Coach
Posts: 6,658
And1: 3,735
Joined: Aug 09, 2002
Location: Knoxville, TN
       

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#237 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:55 am

Is Nunn hurt or just playing like an undrafted player and therefore playing himself out of the rotation?


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD...ok he’s not.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 10,851
And1: 41,051
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#238 » by Wiltside » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:22 am

HEATVols865 wrote:Is Nunn hurt or just playing like an undrafted player and therefore playing himself out of the rotation?


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


Could be residual effects of COVID-19, but he did play and start when we first entered the bubble.

It seems much more likely that he has just lost his spot in the rotation. Spo only going 9 deep, Herro outplayed him in the bubble games, and Dragic has been playing well. First unit needed the offensive punch that Nunn was no longer giving.

I imagine internally we'd still be high on what Nunn can bring next szn, but it seems likely he will be relegated to the bench for the remainder of this year, unless injuries strike. He'd be the next man up though.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
BaffLer
Analyst
Posts: 3,269
And1: 7,280
Joined: Apr 24, 2013
Location: Above & Beyond
 

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#239 » by BaffLer » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:38 am

zgope1 wrote:-Iggy makes opposition players look so queasy with the ball. I didn't watch him closely in GS because of all their other talent but he really is an amazing defender.

It's that wingspan. Players can't get too cute with the ball while Iggy's defending them.

Drawing up some hypotheticals; we all know Jimmy is an exceptional defensive player. But if he had Kawhi Leonard's wingspan, I think I'd be fair to say he'd be in contention for DPOY every year.
John-S
Junior
Posts: 258
And1: 171
Joined: Aug 13, 2020

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Indiana Pacers (4) August 20th @ 1 PM EST 

Post#240 » by John-S » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:53 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:James Harden 2-11 Eric Gordon 0-10 from 3s yet beat OKC by 13 points? hoywut

Rox gon stomp everyone in the West


tunder not even making this respectable smh

why did u have to be raised there and curse that city


Maybe Russell’s floor shrinking was holding them back but OKC seems to have overachieved a lot in the regular season. Everyone thought they were probably lottery bound when they lost regular season MVP runner up PG13 and Westbrook for SGA, futures, and what was supposed to be an overpaid and washed injury prone point guard. It will be interesting to see if they can make this a series. I think they can still win a game or maybe 2

Return to Miami Heat