ImageImageImage

Miami Heat (5) vs Indiana Pacers (4) 8/22 @ 330 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Re: Miami Heat (5) vs Indiana Pacers (4) 8/22 @ 330 PM EST 

Post#41 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:39 pm

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:

Are you going to look like this? Do you have to look like a real-life yourself?

You have MIA Pelifan here, but you leave me out

Smh

Where’s Chalm?
OP for NBA FT record
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#42 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:40 pm

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:

Are you going to look like this? Do you have to look like a real-life yourself?

Smh

Can you use my actual avatar please? Ty
OP for NBA FT record
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,670

Post#43 » by DayofMourning » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 pm

Wiltside wrote:I kinda wanna see more tbh DoM. He still looks a long way off his best, which I guess is expected given the seriousness of that injury. At times he has looked good - don’t know how many pull up threes he hit on us yesterday but it seemed like quite a few.

Turnovers are an issue but as you said, he’d be handling less here. You just don’t want to turn him into purely a spot up shooter, as it isn’t his strength. Basically paying him $20m for OKC Dipo if that’s the case.

I’d be cool with it as a trade in the offseason and a 1yr trial prior to having to make a real decision on a longer term deal. But I have reservations after what I’ve seen so far.

That's perfectly reasonable. He's a flash in the pan for his career. It's a risk. What I have seen in his performance is confidence. He plays like he knows he's a quality player. With the emphasis on the three ball, it's good to see him just come up and drop it with no reservations.

I go back and forth on this draft for us, because it seems perfectly reasonable for Miami to attempt to acquire him this offseason. Andre and our first? Andre and Nunn? Something along those lines. As QUIZ mentioned in the other thread, a pick is at max value until its used, so it might be shiny enough to make the Pacers bite, instead of zero return. I'd rather give up Nunn (obviously) as Oladipo would take his minutes (yeesss!) and we'd have a major upgrade.

Maybe couple his acquisition with Serge Ibaka. I mean, that's a quality offseason I think. I'd love a pick, but if we do Dipo and Ibaka, then we've maintained our current timeline, and added pieces who are contributors immediately. Have to beat Toronto's ass though to get Ibaka I think, if he's even a thought (has to be) in our management's minds.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,290

Post#44 » by Wiltside » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:56 pm

Ibaka would be a very nice fit, no question there. Him or Millsap would be quality offseason targets.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#45 » by IggieCC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:58 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

Smh

Spoiler:

Can you use my actual avatar please? Ty

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#46 » by IggieCC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:00 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:Where’s Chalm?

Bottom left next to Mr. Spacely.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by DayofMourning » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:01 pm

Was just looking at the cap table for this offseason:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/miami-heat/cap/2020/

Hill's cap hold is approximately $20 million. LMAO!

Anyway, our practical cap space is approximately $30 million. If we trade for Dipo (Andre and Nunn) at $20 million per year average, that number won't move much, unless it's a flat rate per year, but that wouldn't make sense from a team cap perspective, so I'd expect it to be yearly increases.

So, we'd still have $30 million. That gets you another near max player. AD on a one year deal? It could also allow you to pay a couple guys nice one year deals (Jae, Ibaka, etc.). I can see Dragic working with the team to make a deal that's cap friendly. He is 34 this offseason. How much can he command?
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#48 » by IggieCC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:03 pm

Stop calling him Andre to confuse us OP
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#49 » by IggieCC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:22 pm

Also hecks no to Oladipo. He might come cheaply but I firmly believe in you get what you paid for after my bittersweet experiences with wish.com during pandemic.

I'd rather try to find a way to get Bradley Beal. He's the brand new iPad 7 in box you want. If that's not possible I'm somewhat intrigued by Tim Hardaway Jr. Not the smartest player, but I see a little dog/dad in him. He'd fit well with us with his 40% 3pfg% and fill the SG spot that Nunn couldn't fulfill.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#50 » by IggieCC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:24 pm

Additionally Oladipo spelled backwards is OP Idalo. Coincidence? I think NOT.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by DayofMourning » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:23 am

IggieCC wrote:Also hecks no to Oladipo. He might come cheaply but I firmly believe in you get what you paid for after my bittersweet experiences with wish.com during pandemic.

I'd rather try to find a way to get Bradley Beal. He's the brand new iPad 7 in box you want. If that's not possible I'm somewhat intrigued by Tim Hardaway Jr. Not the smartest player, but I see a little dog/dad in him. He'd fit well with us with his 40% 3pfg% and fill the SG spot that Nunn couldn't fulfill.

Beal is going to cost you though. Do we have the assets? Yes, probably. Would we have much of a team afterwards? No, probably not. Two extremes on the attainability spectrum.

Beal vs Oladipo at age 25
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#52 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:48 am

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:Where’s Chalm?

Bottom left next to Mr. Spacely.

OP for NBA FT record
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#53 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:52 am

DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Also hecks no to Oladipo. He might come cheaply but I firmly believe in you get what you paid for after my bittersweet experiences with wish.com during pandemic.

Beal is going to cost you though. Do we have the assets? Yes, probably. Would we have much of a team afterwards? No, probably not. Two extremes on the attainability spectrum.

Is Beal Butler Bam enough to win a championship? Especially without supporting talent. I’m not sure that team wins a championship. IMO, there’s two ways to win a championship:

1) Have at least one top 3 player in the game
2) Have a bunch of talent

That lineup does not have a top 3 player and the roster could be so depleted due to the high salaries that I dunno they would be able to have much else in the depth chart.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#54 » by IggieCC » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:14 am

DayofMourning wrote:

Yeah we don't want to become the South Florida Washington Wizards in 2021. But I'd like to keep my options open instead of going for an iPad with a replaced screen. I'm with Wilts I just don't know if the OS inside is still fully functional. None of us could have possibly predicted that we'd be watching NBA playoffs with avatar audience in the middle of August. NBA is in the middle of great uncertainty just like the ROW and with that comes with some opportunities to exploit imo. If a big fish cannot be obtained, it might not be unwise to sit and wait for others to shamble. We also don't need to be so desperate to get rid of 20th pick in this lukewarm draft. I hate to be conservative because I'm really not, but I feel that we're literally one legit piece away. We gotta nail it OP. In the meantime the team is pretty young, solid, and room to grow, and Butler should have 2-3 elite years left after this szn.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by DayofMourning » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:16 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Is Beal Butler Bam enough to win a championship? Especially without supporting talent. I’m not sure that team wins a championship. IMO, there’s two ways to win a championship:

1) Have at least one top 3 player in the game
2) Have a bunch of talent

That lineup does not have a top 3 player and the roster could be so depleted due to the high salaries that I dunno they would be able to have much else in the depth chart.

Pretty much agree. What you'd sacrifice to get Beal would tear down what makes us so good today. Don't feel like you do that for Beal.

Also, BB has only had one season in his career where his defensive rating was less than his offensive rating. He's a bit of a turnstile. Dipo offers 85-90% of what BB brings on offense at his best, yet he's probably 250% better on D.

I'm in love with AD, I really like Giannis (fit with our best players is questionable), and I think VO is a good option at 65% max salary.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by DayofMourning » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:29 am

IggieCC wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Yeah we don't want to become the South Florida Washington Wizards in 2021. But I'd like to keep my options open instead of going for an iPad with a replaced screen. I'm with Wilts I just don't know if the OS inside is still fully functional. None of us could have possibly predicted that we'd be watching NBA playoffs with avatar audience in the middle of August. NBA is in the middle of great uncertainty just like the ROW and with that comes with some opportunities to exploit imo. If a big fish cannot be obtained, it might not be unwise to sit and wait for others to shamble. We also don't need to be so desperate to get rid of 20th pick in this lukewarm draft. I hate to be conservative because I'm really not, but I feel that we're literally one legit piece away. We gotta nail it OP. In the meantime the team is pretty young, solid, and room to grow, and Butler should have 2-3 elite years left after this szn.

You add one more top 10 player to THIS Heat team and you're winning a chip. Probably a 4 year window if you do with our current roster with minor variations.

That's another reason I'm so hyped about AD. He's very attainable. We have a much better team from top to bottom than the Lakers (minus Father Time-aka Lebron). I have to think AD will take a long look at a 36 year old Lebron/Lakers and have 2nd thoughts.

We've got a potential super squad, that's missing one more piece. We're the Miami Wildcats. It's meant to be.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#57 » by Wiltside » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:31 am

If we traded for Biid, what would our cap space look like in 2021?

Say you pony up Bam, Nunn, KO and Iggy for Embiid and Thybulle, where does that leave us in our 2021 cap sweepstakes?
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#58 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:33 am

DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

You add one more top 10 player to THIS Heat team and you're winning a chip. Probably a 4 year window if you do with our current roster with minor variations.

That's another reason I'm so hyped about AD. He's very attainable. We have a much better team from top to bottom than the Lakers (minus Father Time-aka Lebron). I have to think AD will take a long look at a 36 year old Lebron/Lakers and have 2nd thoughts.

We've got a potential super squad, that's missing one more piece. We're the Miami Wildcats. It's meant to be.

Would be so epic if Riley gets the last laugh and AD signs with the Heat.
OP for NBA FT record
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by DayofMourning » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:33 am

Anthony Davis
Bam Adebayo
Jimmy Butler
Duncan Robinson
Victor Oladipo

Vernon Carey
Kelly Olynyk
KZ Okpala
Tyler Herro
Goran Dragic

That's a title squad.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#60 » by Wiltside » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:36 am

The only reason AD is too much of a long shot is the Klutch Konnection. I just can’t see them posturing to get AD to LA for years and the bailing after 1 season.

Basketball wise, there would be a lot of reasons we would be a superior fit. But at the end of the day, he wanted that LA market and to be Lebrons sidekick. It is what it is.

On paper though, AD and Bam would be an amazing duo. Perfect compliments basically.

Return to Miami Heat