ImageImageImage

Miami Heat (5) vs Milwaukee Bucks (1) September 4th @ 630 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Re: Miami Heat (5) vs Milwaukee Bucks (1) September 4th @ 630 PM EST 

Post#41 » by Wiltside » Thu Sep 3, 2020 11:12 pm

All being up 2-0 guarantees is that this series is going at minimum 6 games.

We haven't won anything until it is done. We have the upper hand, but nothing is certain. Must continue to execute and find a way.

3-0 may crush their spirit and embolden ours. We'll see what happens.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,601

Post#42 » by DayofMourning » Fri Sep 4, 2020 12:49 am

Wiltside wrote:All being up 2-0 guarantees is that this series is going at minimum 6 games.

We haven't won anything until it is done. We have the upper hand, but nothing is certain. Must continue to execute and find a way.

3-0 may crush their spirit and embolden ours. We'll see what happens.

Nice to think that in order to beat us, Milwaukee has to win 4 of the next 5. Pretty sure they're cursing their luck, having to face a team suited to play them well.
FinNasty
Veteran
And1: 2,806

Post#43 » by FinNasty » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:41 am

This is cool to watch...

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#44 » by Dr_Heat » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:53 am

:rockon:
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
daviddpc
Junior
And1: 259

Post#45 » by daviddpc » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:13 am

Miami will be the first team this year with 7 straight wins in the playoff... 3-0
goodboys lats
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,282

Post#46 » by goodboys lats » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:55 am

I thought the Bucks were gonna hit us tough in the beginning of game 2 but it never happened. Why would it in game 3?
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,637

Post#47 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:58 am

Lets do this!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,578

Post#48 » by fishfuego. » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:29 am

There was a time when Bam could go coast to coast, penetrate while collapsing the D, and either finish or pass to a wide open shooter. That play still there but Miami won't call it until adjustments are needed, so far for the most part, the Bucks are clogging the paint with Lopez/Giannis and the reason for all the threes taken without hesitation by Miami, also one efficient play being called is Bam showing fake screen at the top of the key and near the 3 point line, but on the defensive switch it leaves the big man on the guard while Bam goes to the rim with a smaller player covering him, so if they shot doesn't fall, Bam is there for the rebound and put back. That's not only a high percentage play, it also gives the shooter confidence when shooting.

However, Bud has been a bit slow to adjust, expect adjustments in game 3.

Also the man to man switch defense from Miami has been great, but don't be surprise to see zone D if need it, especially if Iggy can't play.

In the meantime Dragic has been our most lethal shooter, followed by Crowder/Herro, Olynyk has been decent but Robinson has been game planned against and is somewhat missing in action. He needs to respond when given the opportunity.

Just like Toronto went into desperation mode against Boston in game 3, expect the Buck to do the same, but with the assistance from the officials to avoid a complete embarrassment to the current MVP. IMO you need a superstar driven team to overcome, or a near perfect game from the Heat.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#49 » by Slot Machine » Fri Sep 4, 2020 7:58 am

Regardless of whatever happens from here on out, this is one of my favorite Heat teams ever
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,012

Post#50 » by Rapaz » Fri Sep 4, 2020 8:32 am

Saddled with a 2-0 deficit, the Bucks know they only have to look in the mirror to know what needs to change.

“It’s about us. It’s always going to be about us," Antetokounmpo said. "That’s why we practice, that’s why we go through our game plan. That’s why we got to come out and play harder, that’s why we got to make more shots. It’s always going to be about us.

"It’s not about what the other team’s going to do. It might be the Miami Heat now, next round it might be another team, next year it might be a different team. It’s always going to be about us. How can we get better? How can we not repeat the same mistakes? How can we not down the stretch make turnovers? It’s always going to be about us.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2020/09/02/live-coverage-bucks-vs-heat/5685684002/

Already looking ahead

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#51 » by AirP. » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:33 pm

Rapaz wrote:
Saddled with a 2-0 deficit, the Bucks know they only have to look in the mirror to know what needs to change.

“It’s about us. It’s always going to be about us," Antetokounmpo said. "That’s why we practice, that’s why we go through our game plan. That’s why we got to come out and play harder, that’s why we got to make more shots. It’s always going to be about us.

"It’s not about what the other team’s going to do. It might be the Miami Heat now, next round it might be another team, next year it might be a different team. It’s always going to be about us. How can we get better? How can we not repeat the same mistakes? How can we not down the stretch make turnovers? It’s always going to be about us.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2020/09/02/live-coverage-bucks-vs-heat/5685684002/

Already looking ahead

When I heard/saw Giannis say this, it sounded to me that he said next year after realizing he may not make it to the next round, if he was being over confident I would have expected him to talk about the finals instead of next year.

Giannis comes across as a hard working yet humble player, he probably needs to change that mentality to unleash the player he could be... which is scary that he has another level to go. He needs someone he respects and is close to him to push him, doesn't really matter if it's a coach or player. He has another gear and at this point in his life he can't get there on his own.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,365

Post#52 » by MHeat0279 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:39 pm

goodboys lats wrote:I thought the Bucks were gonna hit us tough in the beginning of game 2 but it never happened. Why would it in game 3?

This, why would anybody think they would come out in super nova mode for game 3, they already did, in game 1 and 2 they started hitting almost every shot, they just can not sustain that kind of shooting for the whole game because we play good defense on them, what you see is what you get with the Bucks, they are not magically go to super nova mode all of a sudden, if we keep on playing the way we are capable, and the refs ease up on the freebies, we are taking this series.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by DayofMourning » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:07 pm

Regular season vs playoffs. It's a sad reality for Bud coached teams over the past handful of years. Atlanta first and now Milwaukee. Bucks fan base still in disbelief.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#54 » by QUIZ » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:30 pm

We’re so close, if we win this game they’ll definitely break and give up. Look at what happened in the Raptors game, that shot by OG was the difference between the Raps packing it in and suddenly feeling like they’re back in the series.

A win here would be huge.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#55 » by goodboy » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:37 pm

I haven't been this excited since a long time for a game. Oooft
Bright
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#56 » by QUIZ » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:37 pm

I’ve also noticed a lot of Bucks fans complaining about their stars not playing 40+ minutes. It’s not like Spo is really playing anyone big minutes, I think Jimmy was at 36 last game. Beyond that he’s used his bench
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,335

Post#57 » by Bishop45 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:38 pm

In other news, McBob doesn't like boneless chicken

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#58 » by goodboy » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:38 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
goodboys lats wrote:I thought the Bucks were gonna hit us tough in the beginning of game 2 but it never happened. Why would it in game 3?

This, why would anybody think they would come out in super nova mode for game 3, they already did, in game 1 and 2 they started hitting almost every shot, they just can not sustain that kind of shooting for the whole game because we play good defense on them, what you see is what you get with the Bucks, they are not magically go to super nova mode all of a sudden, if we keep on playing the way we are capable, and the refs ease up on the freebies, we are taking this series.

Also the fact that they were playing as chippy and physical and they can get. Knowing Heat live off being physical and gritty.
Bright
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by DayofMourning » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:49 pm

QUIZ wrote:I’ve also noticed a lot of Bucks fans complaining about their stars not playing 40+ minutes. It’s not like Spo is really playing anyone big minutes, I think Jimmy was at 36 last game. Beyond that he’s used his bench

We don't have a single player averaging 35 minutes a game these playoffs. Their fans are frustrated and grasping at straws. What they need to do, and it won't be fixed this playoffs, is design a better offensive system. Bullish Giannis triple threat is kinda dog trash. It's awful, no matter how you slice it. It can be effective since Giannis is a supreme athlete and a mismatch for every team, but you don't play but one series against the Orlando Magics of the world in the playoffs. Everyone else is good.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,335

Post#60 » by Bishop45 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:50 pm

Too early to be cocky about the series, but memes necessary

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine

Return to Miami Heat