ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,668

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#1061 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:16 pm

Sixers hire Morey, will be interesting to see if anybody hits the trade block
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#1062 » by Beenie » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:41 pm

twix2500 wrote:I'm happy with Herro rookie season. But if Beal is available I have no problem using Herro in a deal. Yes Herro when he reaches his prime may be as good as Beal. Im more interested in competing for titles more so than watching someone grow up on the team. Beal is at his peak prime years, he can help this team compete for a title the next five years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm somewhat conflicted about the Herro for Beal swap hypothetical. Ultimately, it's a good problem to have to figure out if indeed it were an option. I lean on the Herro side. His contract coupled with his upside are top-shelf assets. But Beal is the better player and would make the team better in the present so I wouldn't be mad if the trade were to happen.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#1063 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:51 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:Sixers hire Morey, will be interesting to see if anybody hits the trade block

Bad new for us IMO.

They went for being badly run to a proven top 5 GM.

Not good.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#1064 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:53 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:
twix2500 wrote:I'm happy with Herro rookie season. But if Beal is available I have no problem using Herro in a deal. Yes Herro when he reaches his prime may be as good as Beal. Im more interested in competing for titles more so than watching someone grow up on the team. Beal is at his peak prime years, he can help this team compete for a title the next five years.

Agreed. Reminds me the hold winslow had on this fanbase tho Tyler actually has flashed and shown what he could be consistently. I remember fans turning down a Winslow for Jimmy deal straight up even tho Jimmy was exactly who they projected winslow to be. Same thing with Beal and Tyler thats the caliber player we hope Tyler becomes but Beal is already that player and is 27. Why go through the growing pains when you can have the caliber player now.

Despite my previous post, i think the answer is -

Herro can be a home grown star which is always more valuable then a gun for hire type player,

He's loved by every fan and by the org, It's super fan to watch a young stud grow his game year by year,

He's much cheaper for the next 3 years which allows us to add other talents that Beal's contract wouldn't allow.

I get that and still would roll the dice with Giannis before anything but it worth exploring if the Giannis sweepstakes becomes more unlikely. I think no matter what Herro will have a chance to showcase either a huge leap in year 2 or steady growth. Either way it'd work out for us whether boosting his trade Value or him becoming a star
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#1065 » by dolphinatik » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:53 pm

bad for us but bad for them too. Morey ahs to blow that up. Cant build around an oft injured embid or a simmons that cant shoot. He should blow that up if he wants to fix that.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1066 » by heat4life » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Morey is not getting rid of Simmons or Embiid unless he gets an equal superstar in return. As far as the rest of the team, they are on notice for sure.

Embiid and Simmons are good pieces to build around. Just need good shooters around them. Look what happened when they had Redick, Iliyasova, Saric, Belinelli etc a couple of years ago. I would also add a PG as a priority and move Simmons to the PF spot where you can hide his lack of shooting.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#1067 » by RonaldSeikaly » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:29 pm

heat4life wrote:Morey is not getting rid of Simmons or Embiid unless he gets an equal superstar in return. As far as the rest of the team, they are on notice for sure.

Embiid and Simmons are good pieces to build around. Just need good shooters around them. Look what happened when they had Redick, Iliyasova, Saric, Belinelli etc a couple of years ago. I would also add a PG as a priority and move Simmons to the PF spot where you can hide his lack of shooting more.

I can imagine a trade that gives up on one of their stars for somebody like Porter (future star on a rookie deal), filler, and picks. Especially if they can dump one of their bad contracts at the same time.

They need some space to move, both financially and literally on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1068 » by heat4life » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:36 pm

RonaldSeikaly wrote:
heat4life wrote:Morey is not getting rid of Simmons or Embiid unless he gets an equal superstar in return. As far as the rest of the team, they are on notice for sure.

Embiid and Simmons are good pieces to build around. Just need good shooters around them. Look what happened when they had Redick, Iliyasova, Saric, Belinelli etc a couple of years ago. I would also add a PG as a priority and move Simmons to the PF spot where you can hide his lack of shooting more.

I can imagine a trade that gives up on one of their stars for somebody like Porter (future star on a rookie deal), filler, and picks. Especially if they can dump one of their bad contracts at the same time.

They need some space to move, both financially and literally on the court.

Morey is a numbers guy. Embiid can dominate his position. Simmons is the more likely to be moved IMO. Maybe for a Bradley Beal or someone along those lines but not for a "potential" player like Porter. Remember, Embiid is in his high 20's and with an injury history. With Doc Rivers you sign up to win now.

Horford, JRich, Harris and the others are game for a trade to improve the roster. BTW, Horford's contract is ugly!!
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1069 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:05 pm

D W A D 3
Read on Twitter
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,835

Post#1070 » by AirP. » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:07 pm

dolphinatik wrote:bad for us but bad for them too. Morey ahs to blow that up. Cant build around an oft injured embid or a simmons that cant shoot. He should blow that up if he wants to fix that.

Morey will give the 76ers a direction, the FO for Philly have been so intoxicated with Embiid and Simmons potential that they refuse to see how they play together. Simmons is a faster pace player who is an issue in the half court while Embiid is on the exact opposite of the spectrum of what he needs.

It'll be very interesting to see which way Morey points the 76ers, I wouldn't be one big surprised if he goes after Harden then possibly trade both Embiid and Simmons. I think Morey could use Richardson, Harris, and Horford in a space and pace offense.

Also, Morey really likes CP3, he wasn't the reason Houston moved him.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,668

Post#1071 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Matthews sounds more like a backup plan if Crowder gets a multi year deal elsewhere. Milsap left a bad taste in my mouth watching the WCF, he didnt play with any toughness. This might be the best we can do to plug and play until next summer.
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore

Post#1072 » by RonaldSeikaly » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:47 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Read on Twitter

Matthews sounds more like a backup plan if Crowder gets a multi year deal elsewhere. Milsap left a bad taste in my mouth watching the WCF, he didnt play with any toughness. This might be the best we can do to plug and play until next summer.

i saw the Marquette boys together in the bubble, and well this sounds like Jimmy asking to make a run at Matthews.

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,797

Post#1073 » by greg4012 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:51 pm

Called us pursuing Matthews on the cheap after our MIL series. He's got plenty to offer in a 3&D capacity
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1074 » by radikalBaller » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Would love to bring dipo, abd matthews, to reunite the marquette gang..
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore

Post#1075 » by RonaldSeikaly » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:23 pm

radikalBaller wrote:Would love to bring dipo, abd matthews, to reunite the marquette gang..

Dipo went to Indiana

3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1076 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:49 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:

Agreed. Reminds me the hold winslow had on this fanbase tho Tyler actually has flashed and shown what he could be consistently. I remember fans turning down a Winslow for Jimmy deal straight up even tho Jimmy was exactly who they projected winslow to be. Same thing with Beal and Tyler thats the caliber player we hope Tyler becomes but Beal is already that player and is 27. Why go through the growing pains when you can have the caliber player now.

Despite my previous post, i think the answer is -

Herro can be a home grown star which is always more valuable then a gun for hire type player,

He's loved by every fan and by the org, It's super fan to watch a young stud grow his game year by year,

He's much cheaper for the next 3 years which allows us to add other talents that Beal's contract wouldn't allow.

We have something special in Herro. He'll be an all-star - quote me on it. He's become one of our own after the bubble brotherhood experience. IMO he's untouchable. The only player i'd flip him for is Giannis. As Rex stated he's cheap to boot & can add more talent. Having both Herro+Duncan=better than Beal
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1077 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:36 pm

Millsap, Mathews, Gallo & Ibaka wld be a productive offseason. Dunno how it'll work money wise lol but that'll most def strengthen our squad enough for another deep run.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,250

Post#1078 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:03 am

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why would Milsap and Matthews leave for their situation for that?
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,903

Post#1079 » by SoFlaKingReal » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:09 am

twix2500 wrote:
RiverboatRiles wrote:
Read on Twitter

Matthews made $2.5 mil last year...the Heat just beat the Bucks...live in Miami or Milwaukee?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,936

Post#1080 » by Wiltside » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:38 am

twix2500 wrote:
RiverboatRiles wrote:
Read on Twitter

Quite possible Millsap's role would be heavily reduced with the success they had with Jerami Grant and Porter Jr playing the 4. He may prefer to come back East and player a bigger role here than he would in Denver.

Don't mind the Wes Matthews call as a poor man's Crowder, although it doesn't really fix any of the issues we had with Jae at the 4 alongside Bam. We still need to add some size.

Having said that, I don't mind rolling with:

Herro / Dragic
Butler / Nunn
Robinson / Matthews
Millsap / Okpala
Adebayo / Olynyk

Plus pick #20 and whatever role they fill.

That's a solid, pretty versatile team. Albeit we'd be adding some seriously old blokes in Thrillsap and Wes.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat