ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#981 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:37 pm

ok dude
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,217

Post#982 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:44 pm

AirP. wrote:
RiverboatRiles wrote:^ player bets are cool..but I've got 3 years worth of data that says if he's open from 3 he's not pulling the trigger. I don't doubt Bam could one day potentially be a guy that knocks down the occasional three ball, he's definitely capable, having the confidence to do it is another thing. Until it's proven I'm not banking on it, and I'm certainly not trading for a floor shrinking big either.

I've just going off following Butler his whole NBA career and understanding the context of why. I saw what happened when he was working on his 3s, he hit them at a 38-39%, when he doesn't work on them that much(because he's mentioned it throughout the years) he shoots them much worse, then take in consideration that most of his catch and shoot 3s are very are vary rarely done in the flow, he usually catches and looks to see if he can make a play quickly then takes a 3 which is usually out of rhythm. He can fix that in a month if it were his top priority, I'm not saying he'd be a great 3pt shooter, but he could be a mid to high 30s% catch and shoot guy.

If Spo told Butler he needed to be better at catch and shoot 3s to help open up the offense more, Butler could do it.

By the way, the last 3 years Butler's 3% has been.
2017-2018 .350
2018-2019 .347
2019-2020 .244

He can easily get back to .350(league average was .359 this season), but upper 30s is very much within his reach.
I think Butler will start shooting 3s when he has less responsibility. Think about his playoff performance. He scored 40 pts and a triple double. Jimmy needs to be relieved of some of his responsibilities to focus more as a scorer. Pat knows and that is why he went after 3 point guards since getting Butler.

Jimmy is never gonna be a guy who jacks up a three. But he will take a focused rhythm 3. That is one reason for a point guard need to get Jimmy in rhythm.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#983 » by JLop » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:45 pm

Pat Riley explores the state of the Miami HEAT 10/23/20

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,970

Post#984 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:58 pm

JLop wrote: Pat Riley explores the state of the Miami HEAT 10/23/20

nice presser, thank you
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#985 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:05 am

AirP. wrote:
Here's a story on Butler and 3s, Butler's shot them before, he just needs to be told to shoot them again.

https://www.hothothoops.com/2020/9/15/21437648/jimmy-butler-loves-three-pointers-miami-heat-marquette-jae-crowder-bam-adebayo-nba-playoffs

Butler reminiscent of Wade, both apprehensive from the arc & takes them occasionally in certain situations. Wade was 29.3% career w/ just 1.8 attempts. Jimmy 33.3% w/ 2.6 attempts p/gm career. Was just 24.4% last season but attempted just 2.1 - 2nd lowest since his sophomore season.

18-19 season was his most attempts p/gm @ 4.5 & was also when he shot his best % @ 3.78. Butler is better off shooting 2+ p/gm.

I understand @ 31yo your more set in your ways & habits w/ what your comfortable with but hopefully Jimmy pulls it out of the bag. Wld be a game changer for the team & him as he gets older & slashing becomes tougher. We know he was in the gym a day after gm6, hopefully he's started the process.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,737

Post#986 » by DayofMourning » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:12 am

Awesome presser. Thanks.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,469

Post#987 » by Bishop45 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:17 am

Duble
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,469

Post#988 » by Bishop45 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:20 am

Eww, did I read Gobert?
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
JLop
Analyst

Post#989 » by JLop » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:29 am

eddieheatfan wrote:

nice presser, thank you

DayofMourning wrote:Awesome presser. Thanks.

Thanks guys. I wanted to share something to pass the time as the draft and free agency begin. I have to say that Pat still looks like a teenager and bright as ever. I'm not ready to see him go and I hope we can enjoy his genius longer.
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#990 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:35 am

Jimmy knows what's up & Pat's gonna make sure we bring back these mother f*ckers that can ball.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#991 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:52 am

Warriors or Nets wld be fun.
Read on Twitter

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#992 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:13 am

JLop wrote:
Spoiler:
eddieheatfan wrote:

nice presser, thank you

Thanks guys. I wanted to share something to pass the time as the draft and free agency begin. I have to say that Pat still looks like a teenager and bright as ever. I'm not ready to see him go and I hope we can enjoy his genius longer.

He certainly does look younger than 75. If i didn't know i'd assume he'd be in his late 50's..early 60's.
Considering how competitive he is he won't be stepping down until we win another Ship. Until then Riles should be around.

Read on Twitter

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
JLop
Analyst

Post#993 » by JLop » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:53 am

3ballbomber wrote:
JLop wrote:
Spoiler:
eddieheatfan wrote:nice presser, thank you

He certainly does look younger than 75. If i didn't know i'd assume he'd be in his late 50's..early 60's.
Considering how competitive he is he won't be stepping down until we win another Ship. Until then Riles should be around.

Read on Twitter

radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#994 » by radikalBaller » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:11 am

On the smaller side of underated bigs, you also have reggie perry, paul reed, and tyler bey...

Though I prefer a a 6-10 or 6-11 guy...
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,731

Post#995 » by AirP. » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:30 pm

3ballbomber wrote:Jimmy knows what's up & Pat's gonna make sure we bring back these mother f*ckers that can ball.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I sure hope there's some type of moves vs stay the course because that probably means letting other teams bypass Miami and for all you guys who what Giannis, that would be a very bad look(although I don't see him leaving the Bucks), I don't feel as good about next year like I did this year. Boston should get better since their best players are the young guys, Brooklyn gets 2 stars back, Philly has a better coach and who knows if they'll tweak the roster, Atlanta will have a better overall team, Washington will have Wall back to go with Beal, Bertāns, and Hachimura and maybe Indiana decides on a direction and makes some roster moves to make their team better and I would count Thib's Knicks out as nearly as easy of a win as they have been in recent history. There are a few teams dropping in the East but most seem to be getting better and I think the Bubble with no real crowds really helped out Miami's younger players in the playoffs, something that may not happen next season's playoffs.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#996 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:45 pm

AirP. wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:Jimmy knows what's up & Pat's gonna make sure we bring back these mother f*ckers that can ball.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I sure hope there's some type of moves vs stay the course because that probably means letting other teams bypass Miami and for all you guys who what Giannis, that would be a very bad look(although I don't see him leaving the Bucks), I don't feel as good about next year like I did this year. Boston should get better since their best players are the young guys, Brooklyn gets 2 stars back, Philly has a better coach and who knows if they'll tweak the roster, Atlanta will have a better overall team, Washington will have Wall back to go with Beal, Bertāns, and Hachimura and maybe Indiana decides on a direction and makes some roster moves to make their team better and I would count Thib's Knicks out as nearly as easy of a win as they have been in recent history. There are a few teams dropping in the East but most seem to be getting better and I think the Bubble with no real crowds really helped out Miami's younger players in the playoffs, something that may not happen next season's playoffs.

I think we'll make moves. Maybe not big moves - but at minimum I can see :

1) KZ getting into the rotation and hopefully surprising some people.

2) Rookie drafted at #20 might be able to help, this seems like a weak draft at the top but some pretty nice prospects at the 15-25 range.

3) We'll use the MLE, If not for Crowder then on some one else decent. We're a good org with a good team in a good city, we'll get someone.

If we just do those 3 moves well (And we might do something bigger, maybe at trade deadline) I can see the East looking something like :

1) Boston
2) Bucks (I think they might drop even lower)
3) Nets (If Durant comes back strong)
4) Heat
5) Sixers (Unless they really make big changes)
6) Raptors
7) Pacers

Most of these teams are on the same tier, very competitive between 1-7 spots. Eastern playoffs could have a lot of upsets.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,888

Post#997 » by HeatingUp3 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:09 pm

You gotta love pat. He is younger then all of us. I think its safe to say we gonna keep that cap flaxibillty (sorry if my spelling went wrong).
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,157

Post#998 » by dolphinatik » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:06 am

Riley admitting that his philosophy towards draft picks and young players has changed is nice to hear and the part about Herro and Bam was nice. Jaden McDaniels here we come. Riley knows we need length.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#999 » by MadD23 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:28 am

One thing I've learned since Riley came in 1995 is to never read to much into anything he tells the media. Riley never shows his hand. Curious to see what happens this offseason or by the midseason trade deadline.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,731

Post#1000 » by AirP. » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:54 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
I think we'll make moves. Maybe not big moves - but at minimum I can see :

1) KZ getting into the rotation and hopefully surprising some people.

2) Rookie drafted at #20 might be able to help, this seems like a weak draft at the top but some pretty nice prospects at the 15-25 range.

3) We'll use the MLE, If not for Crowder then on some one else decent. We're a good org with a good team in a good city, we'll get someone.

If we just do those 3 moves well (And we might do something bigger, maybe at trade deadline) I can see the East looking something like :

1) Boston
2) Bucks (I think they might drop even lower)
3) Nets (If Durant comes back strong)
4) Heat
5) Sixers (Unless they really make big changes)
6) Raptors
7) Pacers

Most of these teams are on the same tier, very competitive between 1-7 spots. Eastern playoffs could have a lot of upsets.

1. KZ? He's a project, he may be a another 1-2 years away, he's got to add strength and he's still not very good. 11.7 pts, 7 reb, 2 ast, 37% FG% in the dleague doesn't scream ready for the NBA.

2. Another rookie? That's just another player who can't be counted on to be consistent and with that, not really that big of a help to the team except the games he does well which may not be all that often.

3. Losing a STARTER whose solid switching defense at the 4 was huge for Miami's defense? That's just a solid step backwards. It's quite possible Butler moves to the 3 or 4 meaning either either Leonard back as the starter at the 5 and Herro, Robinson, Butler and Bam starting or Butler moves to the 4 leaving Bam, Robinson, Herro and Nunn starting? Better hope Crowder is back just to help out the defense and depth.

I expect the draft pick to be made for someone else and packaged in a trade after the draft to bring in a new starter.

Return to Miami Heat