ImageImageImage

NBA FINALS Game 2: The Lebrons vs Miami 10/2/20 9PM EST ABC

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: NBA FINALS Game 2: The Lebrons vs Miami 10/2/20 9PM EST ABC 

Post#81 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:14 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:Did not realize people in GB were hanging on our every word.

lol. I have gone there a couple times throughout this run and they do NOT like or understand sarcasm there.

Also, they HATE is when you root for your team.

I have also seen some heat fans on there that I don't see here, and they are usually weird themselves.

Maybe it is them that gives us a bad name.

*POSTING THIS IN THIS THREAD UNDER PROTEST.
Read on Twitter
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#82 » by Vertical Limit » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:48 pm

We started off so well, we kept it simple. Then Dragic got injured and everything unraveled.

Some positives, i saw Butler very engaged from the start. He needs to play like that all series.

Tyler and Duncan are not going to stay that cold.. theyre going to get theirs and soon..

Nunn looked back to form. He looked a lot faster than usual.

The negatives..

Dragics injury may make him a very limited player.
Bam’s injuries are starting to pile up.

I think Spoelstra will make some changes to the lineup. You may even see iggy start Game 2 in place of Duncan, play that Battier role for us. Tyler may get the nod to start as well for Dragic.

You can see it in spo’s face he was already gameplanning for game 2.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,257

Post#83 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:56 pm

Didn't get to see the game. But these injuries are bad. I really hope Spo is working a system to get Nunn mojo back. The Heat need to try to play Summer League pace. Getting Nunn and Herro in transition and early shots. The size of the Lakers poses a disadvantage against the Heat in the halfcourt. Plus getting transition points can boost Herro and Nunns confidence. Might have to go back to using Olynyk as a passer moreso than a shooter.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#84 » by Vertical Limit » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:57 pm

By the way; i know it was garbage time but good lord watching Lebron just smoke DJJ like he didnt exist made me want to send DJJ back to South Dakota.. i dont think he belongs at this level yet.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#85 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:29 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:By the way; i know it was garbage time but good lord watching Lebron just smoke DJJ like he didnt exist made me want to send DJJ back to South Dakota.. i dont think he belongs at this level yet.

250 is going to beat 190 every time. Not much DJJ can do about that but I wouldnt mind a hard foul.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#86 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:39 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:By the way; i know it was garbage time but good lord watching Lebron just smoke DJJ like he didnt exist made me want to send DJJ back to South Dakota.. i dont think he belongs at this level yet.

250 is going to beat 190 every time. Not much DJJ can do about that but I wouldnt mind a hard foul.
Yeah we can't go toe to toe in the halfcourt with Lakers. The Heat gotta not let Lakes set their Off. Lebron alone bigger than anyone on the Heat roster besides Olynyk and Leonard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#87 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:44 pm

If Bam is on AD we have no defense inside and Lebron will slice us up. Lebron was trying to get a triple double not score last night which is something to worry about when he turns it on.
BigFaceCoffee
Junior
And1: 683

Post#88 » by BigFaceCoffee » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:53 pm

That was rough. We can only improve upon that effort. Need to play big off the bat. Go deep into our rotation, always have fresh legs on the court. If we can't be more physical than the Lakers, we need to over-exert the Lakers. Whatever mental errors caused our shooting to freeze up after the 1st quarter, needs to be extinguished. Hopefully Bam is ready on Friday. Nunn came out hot last night, we're going to need that sustained effort from him with Dragic presumably out for the series.

Last night was horrific. Gotta move on and forward.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,848

Post#89 » by AirP. » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:57 pm

Since the other thread was close in the middle of the night.

3ballbomber wrote:
AirP. wrote:So let me get this right... Miami starts an undersized center against a team who has 2 bigs bigger and as strong or stronger than him? I hope Spoelstra just decided to try going small just one game to see if it would work. Both Olynyk and Leonard can space the floor and hit 3s at a solid rate... I just don't understand giving up that much size to LA, it's suicidal.

3ballbomber wrote:
It's amazing when a team achieves such massive success knocking out a more talented #1 & 3 squads, making great adjustments, fantastic rotational decisions & playing w/ so much attention to detail to advance to the NBA finals nobody has anything negative to say. But after 1 loss the criticism comes in. No Dragic, No Bam & a hobbled Butler so unable for opportunity to go on our customary comeback. But in spite of those absences were still able to make it a 12pt game near the end. And spite of our starting line up we were able to go up early by 13pts. We didn't have problems w/ their height they couldn't miss a damn 3 pointer - a team that is 21st in the bubble in 3s are making it raining. That's an anomaly that i guarantee will not happen again. If anything it was our lack of aggression guarding the 3pt line more than any issues w/ Height. At that point it was majority jump shots from LA.

First of all, Miami had the right personnel to knock out the Bucks since they had the players to slow down Giannis and build a wall so he couldn't just attack the basket(since he's a limited shooter from the outside), also B.Lopez was used a ton as a 3pt spacer, not sitting down in the low block(which he was very effective at when he went there). Boston's weak point on their roster has been their center position while also playing smaller players at PF, so Miami was fine with playing an undersized center(although very good) and going small, it did not hurt them. The Lakers are completely different animal with their size and the QUALITY of that size. AD who is playing a lot of PF is bigger than Bam, then they usually have a good rebounding center on the court with him who easily got rebounds. MIAMI WAS OUT REBOUNDED 36 to 54. I'm hoping that Spoelstra decided to try small ball for just the first game to see how it would work, it really didn't when going against 2 bigs who are bigger and probably stronger than Bam.

All I'm advocating is going back to Bam at PF and Leonard/Olynyk at C ONLY WHEN LA has 2 bigs on the court, if they go small Bam and some Olynyk/Leonard is fine at center. LA is different because AD is a superstar big who can hit from the outside.

As good as Bam is, at this point in time AD is better and LA can neutralize Bam, something Boston couldn't do, hence the breakout series. If Bam is neutralized to an extent and Dragic really shouldn't be playing, the scoring has to come mostly from Butler, Robinson, Herro and now Nunn who are capable of putting up 20 if not 30 point games but 3 of those guys are very inexperienced and are going to have to try to do it in THE FINALS. I believe Herro and Nunn should be fine, Robinson and his confidence(lack of) really could be the problem, he scored 0 points in 27 minutes in game 1.

On LAs 3pt shooting, outside of LeBron and AD(who went 4-8 from 3pt range), the rest of the team went 11-30 from 3pt range which is just under 37% and so far in the playoffs Morris is hitting 45%, KCP is hitting 41%, Rondo 41%, Green 36% LeBron 36%, AD 38%, Kuzman 31%, LA was hot early on(11-17 3pt 1st half) but cooled off(4-21 from 3pt range in the 2nd half) and still it wasn't a close game. Hopefully the jitters effected Miami's younger players way worse than LA's vets and with that, much better games from this point on.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,496

Post#90 » by Bishop45 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:27 pm

Chalm Down wrote:i found one more for u bish

Fook is dis
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,379

Post#91 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:28 pm

Lets be real here, Miami is losing because a lack of height and weak perimeter defense from Herro and Drob, this is not new, this is what we always had from the beginning, its a lack of resources not talent. We are forced to play zone because we need to hide our weak defenders somehow, such scenario automatically opens the 3 point shot and offensive rebounds for the other team. As expected they murdered us in rebounding, they also shot wide open 3's all night and nailed them. I am very satisfied where we are, we overachieved in a a huge way and i am very confident and happy with out young guys. they have 2 top 5 players in the league and a supporting cast that takes advantage of the opportunities those two stars give them. Unless a miracle happens this series is a wrap, we just dont have the tools to compete against this team, our time will hopefully come if we get Giannis. Winning a championship is never easy but our time will come, just not this year.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#92 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:29 pm

AirP. wrote:Since the other thread was close in the middle of the night.

3ballbomber wrote:
AirP. wrote:So let me get this right... Miami starts an undersized center against a team who has 2 bigs bigger and as strong or stronger than him? I hope Spoelstra just decided to try going small just one game to see if it would work. Both Olynyk and Leonard can space the floor and hit 3s at a solid rate... I just don't understand giving up that much size to LA, it's suicidal.

3ballbomber wrote:
It's amazing when a team achieves such massive success knocking out a more talented #1 & 3 squads, making great adjustments, fantastic rotational decisions & playing w/ so much attention to detail to advance to the NBA finals nobody has anything negative to say. But after 1 loss the criticism comes in. No Dragic, No Bam & a hobbled Butler so unable for opportunity to go on our customary comeback. But in spite of those absences were still able to make it a 12pt game near the end. And spite of our starting line up we were able to go up early by 13pts. We didn't have problems w/ their height they couldn't miss a damn 3 pointer - a team that is 21st in the bubble in 3s are making it raining. That's an anomaly that i guarantee will not happen again. If anything it was our lack of aggression guarding the 3pt line more than any issues w/ Height. At that point it was majority jump shots from LA.

First of all, Miami had the right personnel to knock out the Bucks since they had the players to slow down Giannis and build a wall so he couldn't just attack the basket(since he's a limited shooter from the outside), also B.Lopez was used a ton as a 3pt spacer, not sitting down in the low block(which he was very effective at when he went there). Boston's weak point on their roster has been their center position while also playing smaller players at PF, so Miami was fine with playing an undersized center(although very good) and going small, it did not hurt them. The Lakers are completely different animal with their size and the QUALITY of that size. AD who is playing a lot of PF is bigger than Bam, then they usually have a good rebounding center on the court with him who easily got rebounds. MIAMI WAS OUT REBOUNDED 36 to 54. I'm hoping that Spoelstra decided to try small ball for just the first game to see how it would work, it really didn't when going against 2 bigs who are bigger and probably stronger than Bam.

All I'm advocating is going back to Bam at PF and Leonard/Olynyk at C ONLY WHEN LA has 2 bigs on the court, if they go small Bam and some Olynyk/Leonard is fine at center. LA is different because AD is a superstar big who can hit from the outside.

As good as Bam is, at this point in time AD is better and LA can neutralize Bam, something Boston couldn't do, hence the breakout series. If Bam is neutralized to an extent and Dragic really shouldn't be playing, the scoring has to come mostly from Butler, Robinson, Herro and now Nunn who are capable of putting up 20 if not 30 point games but 3 of those guys are very inexperienced and are going to have to try to do it in THE FINALS. I believe Herro and Nunn should be fine, Robinson and his confidence(lack of) really could be the problem, he scored 0 points in 27 minutes in game 1.

On LAs 3pt shooting, outside of LeBron and AD(who went 4-8 from 3pt range), the rest of the team went 11-30 from 3pt range which is just under 37% and so far in the playoffs Morris is hitting 45%, KCP is hitting 41%, Rondo 41%, Green 36% LeBron 36%, AD 38%, Kuzman 31%, LA was hot early on(11-17 3pt 1st half) but cooled off(4-21 from 3pt range in the 2nd half) and still it wasn't a close game. Hopefully the jitters effected Miami's younger players way worse than LA's vets and with that, much better games from this point on.

Did LA show any need to double team yesterday?
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,680

Post#93 » by Sign5 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:36 pm

Let's not suck.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,781

Post#94 » by al bondiga » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:46 pm

Your choice we have to make... in order to win a game or two and not get embarrassed and justify that we belong here we have to keep on playing small ball like we have all the playoffs OR we have a slim chance.of winning the series if we play regular like in the beginning of the season
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,496

Post#95 » by Bishop45 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:48 pm

2 weeks max left of basketball, they worked hard to get here, just enjoy it for whatever it is left to be brehs. This is one of the last times we'll congregate here to watch this specific team play this nonsense of a sport-- inhale and extol. Let the boys do their thing

As it says in the outro to one of my favorite television series:

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#96 » by Smash3 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:54 pm

HeatingUp3 wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:
HeatingUp3 wrote:
LeBron pedding his stats to get that MVP from Davis. Just like he did in 2011 ending up losing us the series.

He choked that year. Cost us a plucking title after making fun of Dirk

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

He was trying to padd his stats. Game 2 was the key. We had big lead and as Dallas came back we kept goin to him. He kept demanding the ball while the hot hand was clearly D-Wade. Scoring 30 something points. He couldn't bare the fact of not beeing the FMVP in his first CHIP. Wade noticed that and did what had to be done.

I remember that game vividly. We were up like 16 points with 4 minutes left after Wade hit a big 3 and it just went downhill afterwards. Blowing a game in the Finals is unforgivable. We did win game 3 though but the damage was done.

How interesting this was mentioned in post game thread, in the post game presser LeBron brought up this game and how it burned him seeing game 2 lead slip away.

Obviously he is on the opposing team, but this talk about him sabotaging the game/series is ludicrous.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,781

Post#97 » by al bondiga » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:56 pm

I'll post it again, our choice we have to make... in order to win a game or two and not get embarrassed and justify that we belong here we have to keep on playing small ball like we have all the playoffs OR we have a slim chance.of winning the series if we play regular like in the beginning of the season
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#98 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:59 pm

Based on last night this is like the Heat Bucks series and we are the Bucks. We dont have the players to match up. We can still make it hard for the Lakers but its not looking good. Also with Dragic being out thats almost 20 points out and his passing.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,848

Post#99 » by AirP. » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:28 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Spoiler:
AirP. wrote:Since the other thread was close in the middle of the night.

3ballbomber wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:

Did LA show any need to double team yesterday?

I don't know, it was an odd game yesterday with LA hot in the first half,cold in the 2nd half(Miami played them nearly even in the 2nd half). Although LA took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half but AD and LeBron played 19 of the 24 minutes in the 2nd half even with that large lead. What I did notice was being vastly out rebounded on both sides of the court. For this particular game, I'd need rewatch it to see how many shots were just easy shots to make, how many were tough shots they just happen to make and how many shots they missed when open.

For me, I'd go straight up and throw different bodies at AD and LeBron, if nothing more than to play physical with them in hopes of of either of them wearing down some. Although LeBron lost DJJ for an easy layup, I'd continue to use DJJ a few minutes here and there on LeBron and throughout the game.

I expect a way better effort overall after they go over the game and point out some issues that they actually can fix themselves.

Also..
Herro, I think he was too ready for the finals and got a fancy with his play early on and helped create that momentum change early on.
D.Robinson, 0 points in 27 minutes, ONLY 3 shots. That shouldn't be happening and it can't be good for his confidence not getting shots up, let alone not making any.
Nunn showed up which is good because someone needs to replace some of Dragic's production. Even if Dragic can play he's probably not going to be effective.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#100 » by dean456 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:04 pm

I blame the Clippers for that game 1 ass whoopin. If that sorry ass team could actually close out their series they might have roughed up the Lakers and they'd be the ones losing players to injury in the first game. Instead they get a cakewalk in the Denver Nuggets and get their confidence sky high.

Return to Miami Heat