ImageImageImage

Lakers @ Miami - Sun 10/11/2020 @ 7:30pm - Fight or Die for the Prophecy.

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Lakers @ Miami - Sun 10/11/2020 @ 7:30pm - Fight or Die for the Prophecy. 

Post#1441 » by goodboy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 am

Dr_Heat wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:

I can see this happening to chalm if the heat board goes on a tour bus
Bright
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1442 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 am

Chessboxer wrote:
carnageta wrote:It's funny how Lebron has been milking the Kobe Bryant narrative ever since his death, and after winning the championship he doesn't say ONE SINGLE WORD in the interviews. Truly a self-centered baby.

Is this true, really? He didn't mention Kobe at all?

W/ all the 'let's do it Kobe' talk we kept hearing throughout the re-start, which was a bunch of contrived bs to begin with anyway, none of them mention Kobe once they won. It would be 1 of the 1st things you mention, after all they made it out like it was such a big part & motivation for their Championships run. Most of us know Lebron only cares about his own legacy so no surprise there. But for the rest of them to not mention Kobe too? It was all as fake as Vogel's 'we have a Phd in handling adversity'.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1443 » by HeatIn5 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:55 am

radikalBaller wrote:Good season proud of those guys, cheers !

Cheers man, you have a hell of a spirit. Excited to do it all over again next summer with you.
Read on Twitter
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1444 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:06 am

HeatFanDan wrote:Y'all see that thread on the GB about the Heat showing bad sportsmanship because we didn't shake the hands of Lakers players after the game? It's good for a laugh. "Lakers fans"/LeBron stans are the worst.

I read no further once i clicked & saw Lebron as Op's prof pic.

The thing about Lebron is, you take away the fans, & all you have is his career numbers to judge him on (as well as his words, actions & antics). Which some of us do anyway. It's the fans that make Lebron even worse than what he already is because of the justifications, excuses & goat claims. But his numbers, his actions speak for themselves. They always have since he entered the league & continues to this day.

Apply the same approach for MJ & his numbers, words & actions......they speaks volumes w/out anybody having to say anything.

In regards w/ Lebron i've learned over time not to hate the guy. He does enough on his own to garner every criticism he faces regularly w/out any effort from critics & 'haters'. It'd the fans that are intolerable.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Young22
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#1445 » by Young22 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:47 am

Hahahaha y’all heat fans are so butt hurt it’s sad. Cleveland doesn’t even act this way. The man won y’all 2 titles, y’all want the mans first born son too? Lol he doesn’t owe you anything. Entitled pansies try being a Sixers fan. We haven’t won since 83
HeatFanDan
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,711

Post#1446 » by HeatFanDan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:56 am

3ballbomber wrote:
HeatFanDan wrote:Y'all see that thread on the GB about the Heat showing bad sportsmanship because we didn't shake the hands of Lakers players after the game? It's good for a laugh. "Lakers fans"/LeBron stans are the worst.

The thing about Lebron is, you take away the fans, & all you have is his career numbers to judge him on (as well as his words, actions & antics). Which some of us do anyway. It's the fans that make Lebron even worse than what he already is because of the justifications, excuses & goat claims. But his numbers, his actions speak for themselves. They always have since he entered the league & continues to this day.

Apply the same approach for MJ & his numbers, words & actions......they speaks volumes w/out anybody having to say anything.

In regards w/ Lebron i've learned over time not to hate the guy. He does enough on his own to garner every criticism he faces regularly w/out any effort from critics & 'haters'. It'd the fans that are intolerable.

My man. Glad you migrated here from the Inferno. I feel like we've shared the same point of view on so many Heat related topics over the years. You always come with insightful stuff.
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1447 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:27 am

HeatFanDan wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:

My man. Glad you migrated here from the Inferno. I feel like we've shared the same point of view on so many Heat related topics over the years. You always come with insightful stuff.

I remember bro. Plenty more banter to come :lol:

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1448 » by goodboy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 pm

Young22 wrote:Hahahaha y’all heat fans are so butt hurt it’s sad. Cleveland doesn’t even act this way. The man won y’all 2 titles, y’all want the mans first born son too? Lol he doesn’t owe you anything. Entitled pansies try being a Sixers fan. We haven’t won since 83

How are we butt hurt? We thoroughly enjoyed the season/post season. I know Jim's left your sorry ass franchise too for a top tier organization.

Goodluck being at the bottom of the barrel again with Simmons led team.

To answer your illiterate post, It's LBJ stans who wanted the Heat to shake hands. Nothing to do with bashing LBJ.
Bright
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#1449 » by Heat3 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:47 pm

Lol. Sorry ass sizers fans. Coming in two days late and a dollar short just like your team. And yeah, my iPad just autocorrected your team’s name and I ain’t even gonna bother to fix it either :lol:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,529

Post#1450 » by AirP. » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:01 pm

3ballbomber wrote:
Orangey wrote:
AirP. wrote:10 shots from the max player in a finals closeout game, way to go!

I am a huge Jimmy fan but I agree, he rests in the corner too much when he plays with Goran. He has so much trust in Goran that he served as a decoy for long stretches of the game.

In our only 2 wins Jimmy put up a triple-double willing his way to victories in those 2 must win games. The only player in league history to put up 2 trip-dubs in the finals. Take away Jimmy we get swept. Furthermore he clocked extremely heavy mins in the finals. He was limping & sore after gm5 & had just a day's rest for gm6. Butler took us as far as he could.

Butler has 2 modes, I've mentioned this before this season and I'll mention it once again, he's either in a distributor mindset (passive offensively) or he's in a scoring mindset(aggressive offensively), it's why I was so upset with him after game 2. If you watch him during the 2 big offensive games in the finals and the other 4, the way he plays offensively is dramatically different in the overall game and if I see this you better know the opposite coaching staff sees this and will utilize that knowledge. I don't know about how you think, but when you're down your leading scorer and Bam, you can't expect the rest to just make up the difference, if you're the max guy you've got to pick up the slack and most games Butler just didn't offensively. I don't know how many times Butler didn't look to score and with that, the rest of the team were having to put up some bad shots to beat the shot clock.

I get he's bought into team ball and that's what this team did all year long, but they were going against the best teams in the playoffs and needed him to rise to the occasion(which he did here and there) but the aggression they needed from him on the offensive end just wasn't there consistently enough. Butler has the ability to carry a team, he just doesn't try to do it enough, we've seen that in the regular season and we saw it in the playoffs and to me, it was very apparent in 4 of the 6 playoff games on the offensive side of the ball and it's why LA was ok putting lesser defenders on Butler during the series and staying tight on the guys without the ball. Butler needed to make them pay anytime they tried doing that to help his teammates in future possessions but didn't.

** Maybe what he said about last year is a huge key to why Butler didn't try to take over more this season. Butler thought it was wrong for B.Brown to completely change the offense by taking the ball out of Simmon's hand and put it into Butlers which Butler said was "better" for the team but wrong to play one way for the whole season then change it in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. Sometimes you need to change to adapt and overcome and it's quite possible Butler doesn't feel that way. It's possibly just his value system, playing this way got us here so why change now?
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1451 » by Jedzz » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:39 pm

HerroBalls wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:Good season proud of those guys, cheers !

Cheers man, you have a hell of a spirit. Excited to do it all over again next summer with you.

Still need better coach for the Finals last game. I can't let that coaching job that day go. Just have an extra guy with half a brain ready for that day.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1452 » by Jedzz » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:41 pm

AirP. wrote:Butler has 2 modes, I've mentioned this before this season and I'll mention it once again, he's either in a distributor mindset (passive offensively) or he's in a scoring mindset(aggressive offensively), it's why I was so upset with him after game 2. If you watch him during the 2 big offensive games in the finals and the other 4, the way he plays offensively is dramatically different in the overall game and if I see this you better know the opposite coaching staff sees this and will utilize that knowledge.
true

if he's in the wrong mode for whatever reason he needs a coach to challenge him in the moment and wake him up. But both modes have a place.
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#1453 » by MarxyLebronist » Tue Dec 1, 2020 11:27 pm

Really love watching the HEAT play, thought they were excellent vs. Lakers and clearly dominant vs. the East in the end. Can't wait to see their next step (and boy do they seem primed to bring Giannis in, great fit and obvious spot for him to thrive would love it for the league). All the right kinds of young players with grit and passion besides the skill, total buy in, Jimmy Buckets leading them, Bam Bam beasting. I love great teams of real solid structure and institutional substance like this, so glad the league is rebounding after some very down years.

Return to Miami Heat