ImageImageImage

Lakers @ Miami - Sun 10/11/2020 @ 7:30pm - Fight or Die for the Prophecy.

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,723

Re: Lakers @ Miami - Sun 10/11/2020 @ 7:30pm - Fight or Die for the Prophecy. 

Post#1341 » by Chalm Down » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 am

insfo wrote:
goodboy wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Same team comes back. We will take care of Goran with a nice one year deal. Should also sign Leonard on the cheap. Crowder might give us a one year discount. KO, Iguodala, and Nunn could be used as trade bait.

OP raised his trade value up

last game generated 5+ mill viewers

I say OP raised his own trade value up. I say we trade him to the Raptors. Who's with me?

seconding the motion
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1342 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 am

IggieCC wrote:
Majestic7 wrote:This was a team that just flat out ran out of gas. Heck of a season though. Add a superstar & we'll be in it for real.

Game Stats…

Spoiler:
Full Game Highlights…

didn't realize that Bam ended up having a decent game (probably way too late though).

the way Chalm Down was describing I thought he was Kwame Brown wearing Bam's skin.

such a hater that chalm down is :x

Chalm has hated all our good heat players that are on the come up.

But vouches for Beno udrih.

He needs to wash his ass with soap
Bright
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,174

Post#1343 » by AirP. » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 am

Bishop45 wrote:
AirP. wrote:12 points on 10 shots in 44 minutes, way to do what was needed to win Jimmy!

The man put his body on the line, what have you done outside of bitching and moaning?

It's a game man, chill

When I've heard it's all about winning for nearly a decade from him, maybe in the most important game of his career he do a little more than 12 FGA? He took 1 more shot then Crowder, 2 more than Dragic and Nunn.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#1344 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:00 am

Chalm Down wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:i think tyler and bam getting better is the biggest improvement we can make this offseason

maybe we will see potential from okpala? I'm assuming he can take the djj role, as I'm pretty sure he's the one guy that's gone in free agency

DJJ is a goner. We are overloaded at the swing spot. Okpala will get every chance to compete with Iguodala for minutes.

Yeah, another team will surely outbid for him. Will miss his dunks

I guess we can use our pick in trades too? But hey, wouldn't mind making another good pick again

That pick for sure will be used as a trade chip. Riley likes to mention we are an every other year drafting team. He views Okpala as our upcoming pick. We will use that pick to snag a veteran piece.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,432

Post#1345 » by Shewasfly » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:00 am

oreon wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Herro needs to work on his ball handling. For a guard who wants to play make like he does, it needs to be waaaay tighter. Idk, but I would get so scared whenever he tried to dribble in traffic. But maybe that's where his short wingspan comes in.

Bam I want to see work on his mid range, using AD as a blueprint. He needs to be confident enough to face up and do that every time down the floor. I also want to see him work on a post up game before he develops any 3 point shot. He's such a smart player and good passer. I think he should be generating offense for himself and others, as much or even more than he's looking to spot up and have it made for him.

I'd rather he get a 3 point shot first. He can refine his post game as well but extending his range should be a priority. It will open up the floor even more for everyone. And secondly if he can force centers to guard him at the 3 point line, he can take a lot of them off the dribble. Maybe apart from AD no one can match his footspeed.

Yeah my preference is a post game. Just to be able to back guys down and dependably hit a hook shot or up and under. Or pass out and generate offense for others. But with the way Spo plays small ball I doubt that will be the direction they go with him. They will likely go for the 3 point shot, which I guess I'd want him to eventually develop as well.

But Bam would have to work on his handle too, if beyond taking 3s you want him to take bigger guys off the dribble. He is kind of turnover prone when he puts the ball on the floor, similar to Herro.
:tiredJB:
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1346 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:01 am

AirP. wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
AirP. wrote:12 points on 10 shots in 44 minutes, way to do what was needed to win Jimmy!

The man put his body on the line, what have you done outside of bitching and moaning?

It's a game man, chill

When I've heard it's all about winning for nearly a decade from him, maybe in the most important game of his career he do a little more than 12 FGA?

Understandable but you have to understand he played literally all game last game and helped us win.

Its just very hard beating 2 superstars, and Jimmy was never regarded as one, just a very good all-star. But this series he was.
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1347 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:02 am

Chalm Down wrote:
insfo wrote:
goodboy wrote:OP raised his trade value up

last game generated 5+ mill viewers

I say OP raised his own trade value up. I say we trade him to the Raptors. Who's with me?

seconding the motion

Bright
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1348 » by Chalm Down » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:03 am

goodboy wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Majestic7 wrote:This was a team that just flat out ran out of gas. Heck of a season though. Add a superstar & we'll be in it for real.

Game Stats…

Spoiler:
Full Game Highlights…

didn't realize that Bam ended up having a decent game (probably way too late though).

the way Chalm Down was describing I thought he was Kwame Brown wearing Bam's skin.

that's not true, Mcbob was good and i like him
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#1349 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:04 am

insfo wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
insfo wrote:So Bam to PF is what you guys are thinking with the Drummond/Rebounding big ideas? I think we need a good backup PF/C who can rebound the ball and shoot FTs well. Being able to hit jumpers would be the icing on the cake, but Bam has to be our center going forward.

Bam is fine playing center but it would be nice to have another 6’9 or up type player who can shoot and rebound playing alongside him.

Agreed, but with the way our current team is built, there is no place to put a big plodding 6'9''+ guy who can't shoot. Maybe I'm undervaluing Drummond as I haven't followed him too closely, but I'd hate for us to have to move away from our free-flowing style of play

I have no interest in Drummond or a big who can’t shoot. That’s why i like Serge. He can step out and hit a jumper but still has good size to take pressure off Bam
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1350 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:04 am

Chalm Down wrote:
goodboy wrote:
IggieCC wrote:didn't realize that Bam ended up having a decent game (probably way too late though).

that's not true, Mcbob was good and i like him

Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1351 » by IggieCC » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:05 am

goodboy wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

Game Stats…

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Full Game Highlights…

True. He seems to care more about likes of Alex Caruso, Kyle Kuzma, and KCP than our own promising youngins such as Herro, DRob, and Bam.

such scum, he was probably happy today that his butt cheeks were saved smdh
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1352 » by IggieCC » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:09 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
insfo wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Bam is fine playing center but it would be nice to have another 6’9 or up type player who can shoot and rebound playing alongside him.

Agreed, but with the way our current team is built, there is no place to put a big plodding 6'9''+ guy who can't shoot. Maybe I'm undervaluing Drummond as I haven't followed him too closely, but I'd hate for us to have to move away from our free-flowing style of play

I have no interest in Drummond or a big who can’t shoot. That’s why i like Serge. He can step out and hit a jumper but still has good size to take pressure off Bam

AD pretty much showed that a big who can shoot is a difference maker. definitely felt helpless when he was grabbing offensive rebounds over a couple of our guys.

Ibaka is a free agent and will be out of our price range though? We might have to settle for Luke Babbitt :dontknow:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1353 » by Chalm Down » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:09 am

IggieCC wrote:
goodboy wrote:
IggieCC wrote:didn't realize that Bam ended up having a decent game (probably way too late though).

True. He seems to care more about likes of Alex Caruso, Kyle Kuzma, and KCP than our own promising youngins such as Herro, DRob, and Bam.

how dare

i put my ass on the line for this team. literally.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#1354 » by JLop » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:10 am

Don't worry Spoelstra, there is someone with something in mind for you.

Spoiler:
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1355 » by Chalm Down » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:12 am

IggieCC wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
insfo wrote:

AD pretty much showed that a big who can shoot is a difference maker. definitely felt helpless when he was grabbing offensive rebounds over a couple of our guys.

Ibaka is a free agent and will be out of our price range though? We might have to settle for Luke Babbitt :dontknow:

Bam is one of the best guys to throw at AD in the league, we have to hope he is fully healthy if we ever see this team again in the finals. Or lebron is father timed

AD is just that goos, don't pay for false hope of stopping him with ibaka's pp
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,348

Post#1356 » by BaffLer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:12 am

Even though it was garbage time, KO coming in must have been an eye opener for Spo. Stretching the floor would have been so beneficial for the Heat this game. It's a damn shame Spo just didn't pull the trigger on it sooner before the bleeding got out of control.

Big man who can shoot the ball: Serge or Helmet head. Small ball sucks ass. Crazy how 6 years later, we've come full circle on this "we need a big man" sentiment once again.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1357 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:13 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
goodboy wrote:Chalm has hated all our good heat players that are on the come up.

how dare

It does love being passed around then dumped in the slums of San deigo
Bright
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,576

Post#1358 » by Umbooki » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:14 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I have no interest in Drummond or a big who can’t shoot. That’s why i like Serge. He can step out and hit a jumper but still has good size to take pressure off Bam

Bam is one of the best guys to throw at AD in the league, we have to hope he is fully healthy if we ever see this team again in the finals. Or lebron is father timed

AD is just that goos, don't pay for false hope of stopping him with ibaka's pp

Ibaka pp gonna neutralize The Brow?
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1359 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:14 am

JLop wrote:Don't worry Spoelstra, there is someone with something in mind for you.

Spoiler:

Spo is gon' bust the biggest nut of his life once he returns home.

Hes going to have triplets.

insert dafoe gif*
Bright
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1360 » by Chalm Down » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:15 am

goodboy wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:True. He seems to care more about likes of Alex Caruso, Kyle Kuzma, and KCP than our own promising youngins such as Herro, DRob, and Bam.

how dare

It does love being passed around then dumped in the slums of San deigo

dont judge how i spend my tuesday evenings

Return to Miami Heat