ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1 » by HeatIn5 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:14 am

Read on Twitter
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#2 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:17 am

baby
Bright
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#3 » by HeatIn5 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:20 am

Would anyone throw a full max at Brandon Ingram to make the Pelicans jump?

How much would it take to get Oladipo?

Derozan is a terrible fit, right?

Ibaka should be a key target

WHY HAVEN'T WE MADE A MOVE YET

Read on Twitter
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,735

Post#4 » by Chalm Down » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:30 am

HerroBalls wrote:Would anyone throw a full max at Brandon Ingram to make the Pelicans jump?

How much would it take to get Oladipo?

Derozan is a terrible fit, right?

Ibaka should be a key target

WHY HAVEN'T WE MADE A MOVE YET

no no no and no

but tenks for making this thread op, appreciate the initiative
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#5 » by JLop » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:32 am

Spoiler:
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,014

Post#6 » by Rapaz » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:33 am

Gimme Serge Evaca
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#7 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:34 am

Giannis or nothing
OP for NBA FT record
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,735

Post#8 » by Chalm Down » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:55 am

Read on Twitter
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#9 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:56 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Read on Twitter

:(
OP for NBA FT record
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,637

Post#10 » by HEATVols865 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:10 am

Don’t sign anyone for more than a year and don’t trade for anyone with more than a year on their contract.

That’s what I want. We are the premiere destination in the NBA now. No reason to rush it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#11 » by Wiltside » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:24 am

Oi isn’t this just my speculation thread with a fancy new title!?

Smh
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#12 » by contract » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:30 am

HEATVols865 wrote:Don’t sign anyone for more than a year and don’t trade for anyone with more than a year on their contract.

That’s what I want. We are the premiere destination in the NBA now. No reason to rush it.

Jimmy is 31. Guys usually begin their decline ~ 32 or 33 or so. Rush or not, there is urgency.

Think about it ... who are the best 33 or older players in the NBA? There aren't very many really good ones, and only one great one.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,351

Post#13 » by BaffLer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:51 am

contract wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:Don’t sign anyone for more than a year and don’t trade for anyone with more than a year on their contract.

Jimmy is 31. Guys usually begin their decline ~ 32 or 33 or so. Rush or not, there is urgency.

Think about it ... who are the best 33 or older players in the NBA? There aren't very many really good ones, and only one great one.

Dirk won his first at the age of 32 in almost dominant fashion.

I do agree though. There is urgency. I almost get a sense that once players hit 30 and still haven't won one, they get that creeping feeling in their head wondering if they ever will. Especially for someone like Dirk who never switched teams and waited so long to finally win one.

There is urgency. But there also needs to be some rest right now so people aren't making trigger happy moves. I would hate to start handing out Tyler Johnson type contracts after this post season run.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#14 » by contract » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:15 am

BaffLer wrote:
contract wrote:

I do agree though. There is urgency. I almost get a sense that once players hit 30 and still haven't won one, they get that creeping feeling in their head wondering if they ever will. Especially for someone like Dirk who never switched teams and waited so long to finally win one.

There is urgency. But there also needs to be some rest right now so people aren't making trigger happy moves. I would hate to start handing out Tyler Johnson type contracts after this post season run.

Or like Dion's or JJ's the last time we fell in love with an overachieving team. We just worked our way out from under that mess.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#15 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:36 am

contract wrote:
BaffLer wrote:
contract wrote:Jimmy is 31. Guys usually begin their decline ~ 32 or 33 or so. Rush or not, there is urgency.

Or like Dion's or JJ's the last time we fell in love with an overachieving team. We just worked our way out from under that mess.

I kinda want to bring TJ back for the Vet Min. 3rd PG. Go full circle. Always liked the kid.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
goodboy
RealGM

Post#16 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:03 am

no
Bright
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#17 » by SA37 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:13 am

contract wrote:

Nonsense. Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, Ginobili... lots of guys who have played top-level basketball at 34-36. Butler has 4-5 years of top-level basketball left.

Miami has to find a guy who can replace Crowder and Iguodala. Crowder is a good backup to have and can start if injuries require it, but he just doesn't shoot the ball consistently well enough and can't take anyone off the dribble. Iguodala can't play 20-25 minutes if he can't manage to give Miami 6-10 points. To play 25 minutes and not score over and over again is completely unacceptable. Hopefully, Jones Jr can end up earning a spot in front of Iguodala.

Gallinari (replaces Crowder as the starter) and Ibaka (and upgrade over Olynyk and Leonard, both of who are solid) would be ideal additions. Davis Bertans and Joe Harris fit the bill, too.

Nicolas Batum, Otto Porter Jr (if he opts out), Mo Harkless, Carmelo Anthony, and Marco Belinelli should all be on Miami's radar.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#18 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:20 am

Butler is going to be fine.

His game is going to involve beautifully. Funny thing is, he has the potential to be a pretty decent 3 point shooter, he just doesnt take them. But once he does, Its gg. Also the % isnt that bad iirc.
Bright
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#19 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:31 am

SA37 wrote:
contract wrote:

Nonsense. Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, Ginobili... lots of guys who have played top-level basketball at 34-36. Butler has 4-5 years of top-level basketball left.

Miami has to find a guy who can replace Crowder and Iguodala. Crowder is a good backup to have and can start if injuries require it, but he just doesn't shoot the ball consistently well enough and can't take anyone off the dribble. Iguodala can't play 20-25 minutes if he can't manage to give Miami 6-10 points. To play 25 minutes and not score over and over again is completely unacceptable. Hopefully, Jones Jr can end up earning a spot in front of Iguodala.

Gallinari (replaces Crowder as the starter) and Ibaka (and upgrade over Olynyk and Leonard, both of who are solid) would be ideal additions. Davis Bertans and Joe Harris fit the bill, too.

Nicolas Batum, Otto Porter Jr (if he opts out), Mo Harkless, Carmelo Anthony, and Marco Belinelli should all be on Miami's radar.

KZ is coming. In my prayers He's that long alethic wing that can bring elite defense with some respectful scoring. Got to hope he pans out in a big way like Bam did.

The only new players we might bring this offseason are players that get off the books after this upcoming season, the main thing is to keep a full max salary slot open for next offseason.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Rafly
Starter
And1: 10,501

Post#20 » by Rafly » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:55 am

So yeah. I would absolutely love to get another near 40% 3 point shooter at the power forward spot. We saw how great these guys looked when Crowder was hitting the open 3’s. Now sure there are plenty of guys that can approach that Mark but the difficult part is finding a guy that can also play very good defense.

Return to Miami Heat