ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,851

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1941 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:44 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
DrHeat wrote:Watching the interview with Meyers you realize why the Heat wants him back.. down to earth guy.. Amazing teammate.. He can help hold the fort for the regular season..I could have help a little in the playoffs

I would have rather the Heat signed a healthy center. He has contributed nothing since February and I say it’s 50/50 odds that after a few games of play, he will have to shut it down for the season and get ankle surgery. Main contribution to the team is he agreed to be cap fodder for a trade.

Although I hate limiting the roster so there's cap space for 2021, I think BOTH Leonard and Dragic got paid a good amount(maybe more than they would have taken to come back) to show Bam that even in you get injured, Miami will take care of you to help make Bam's decision to wait till next offseason to sign his extension much easier.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,498

Post#1942 » by Bishop45 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Still want Randle, but he can't play next to Precious and very iffy next to Bam
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#1943 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:31 pm

We can basically pencil in in 3 Starters :

Jimmy
Duncan
Bam

Then it gets interesting :

Assuming Dragic keeps his 6th man role (and he probably will, as he should), It's Either Nunn or Herro to start at PG.

Then it gets even more interesting.

Nunn or Herro
Jimmy
Duncan
Bam

Who's the 5th guy?

Conventional wisdom would suggest Leonrd or Kelly, since tey're both Centers and started next to Bam before.

But to me a more interesting option would be to double down on what Crowder showed - that a mobile PF next to Bam makes the team a lot more dynamic.

So again, some might assume Harkless is the starter next to Bam in that scenario, But I would argue that Harkless is such a low ceiling player at this stage, that we might as well go right into the fire and see what the rooks got. Both KZ and Precious are just as skilled as Harkless, even if more raw.

I Say we go for it :

Herro
Jimmy
Duncan
Precious/KZ (Whoever is the more consistent shooter at this stage)
Bam

starting five of 6'5, 6'6, 6'7, 6'8, 6'9.
3 super switchable guys on defense, lots of speed and energy.

If the "proven" guys bring the talent level of a Meyers Leonard/Mo Harkless - we might as well roll the dice on the Rooks and give them a chance to prove they're better.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#1944 » by dean456 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Been thinking about where we are right now and what moves could be made between now and the trade deadline. We are currently 7.7mil under the tax threshold and have a 7.5mil trade exception. I also believe we are comfortable trading any combination of Nunn, Olynyk and Iggy.

Iggy + Nunn = $16.6mil
Olynyk + Nunn = $14.86mil
Iggy + Olynyk + Nunn = $29.86mil

The two guys I think Miami would target via trade using the $7.5mil Trade exception
Derrick Rose $7.6mil - Ties with Jimmy, replacement for Nunn
PJ Tucker $7.9mil - Great compliment defensively and offensively next to Bam could be a stronger version of Crowder in MIA.

Expiring guys Miami could target using a combo of Olynyk, Iggy, Nunn and possibly a pick.

Trevor Ariza $12.8mil
JJ Reddick $13mil
Patty Mills $13mil
Rudy Gay $14mil
Evan Fournier $17mil
Victor Oladipo $21mil
Lamarcus Aldridge 24mil
Demar Derozen $27.7mil
Kyle Lowry $30mil

Either way I think we will look to add a guard and a big man.

I think the most likely scenarios could be either Rose and Aldridge or Lowry and Tucker.

Spoiler:
Option 1
Lowry/Dragic
Herro/Bradley
Butler/Robinson
Tucker/Harkless/KZ
Bam/Leonard/Precious

Option 2
Rose/Dragic
Herro/Bradley
Butler/Robinson
Aldridge/Harkless/KZ
Bam/Leonard/Precious
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1945 » by IggieCC » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Still want Randle, but he can't play next to Precious and very iffy next to Bam

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#1946 » by dolphinatik » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Rose would be awesome but could we really get him
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#1947 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:13 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
I would have rather the Heat signed a healthy center. He has contributed nothing since February and I say it’s 50/50 odds that after a few games of play, he will have to shut it down for the season and get ankle surgery. Main contribution to the team is he agreed to be cap fodder for a trade.

Why would he have to shut it down and get surgery for an ankle that he sprained in February? That doesnt make any sense

One unfortunate consequence of that long layover into the bubble for fans is it overrated guys like Crowder and now completely undervalued guys like Nunn and Leonard who were starters and contributors all year long.
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1948 » by dean456 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:16 pm

dolphinatik wrote:Rose would be awesome but could we really get him

It would likely be up to him. Pistons are blowing it up and I'm sure he wouldn't be happy where the team currently is so he'd likely want to be bought out. He could end up with the Lakers, Clippers or us. Clippers are potentially looking into a Westbrook trade so that might take them off the table. So could come down between LAL and MIA and you know damn sure Jimmy would be doing everything he can to get him to join him over LBJ.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,257

Post#1949 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:21 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:We can basically pencil in in 3 Starters :

Jimmy
Duncan
Bam

Then it gets interesting :

Assuming Dragic keeps his 6th man role (and he probably will, as he should), It's Either Nunn or Herro to start at PG.

Then it gets even more interesting.

Nunn or Herro
Jimmy
Duncan
Bam

Who's the 5th guy?

Conventional wisdom would suggest Leonrd or Kelly, since tey're both Centers and started next to Bam before.

But to me a more interesting option would be to double down on what Crowder showed - that a mobile PF next to Bam makes the team a lot more dynamic.

So again, some might assume Harkless is the starter next to Bam in that scenario, But I would argue that Harkless is such a low ceiling player at this stage, that we might as well go right into the fire and see what the rooks got. Both KZ and Precious are just as skilled as Harkless, even if more raw.

I Say we go for it :

Herro
Jimmy
Duncan
Precious/KZ (Whoever is the more consistent shooter at this stage)
Bam

starting five of 6'5, 6'6, 6'7, 6'8, 6'9.
3 super switchable guys on defense, lots of speed and energy.

If the "proven" guys bring the talent level of a Meyers Leonard/Mo Harkless - we might as well roll the dice on the Rooks and give them a chance to prove they're better.
I'm rooting for both Nunn and Herro to both eventually become starters. But with all the off ball scorers on this team, they definitely need a point guard. We seen how dynamic the team became once we let the shackles off of Dragic and put him back as a starter.

I get it thou, conserve his body for the playoffs which did eventually break in the finals. Quite disappointed the Heat didn't capitalize on the opportunity to get Schroder. However I think another opportunity may arise to acquire a point guard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1950 » by dean456 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:26 pm

Rose quietly had a great season last season averaging 18.1pts and 5.6ast in 26mins per game In the games he played more than 30mins he averaged around 22-23pts and 7ast per game. He's by no means his old self but the contender that manages to pick him up will get themselves a steal imo.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1951 » by IggieCC » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:37 pm

You don't give 10 mil contract to a good cheerleader. What's what vet min deals and Jared Dudley are for.

I'd be shocked if the team gave that contract to Meyers without good understanding of his health esp. after what they went through with Mion and his bum ankle.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1952 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:41 pm

dean456 wrote:Rose quietly had a great season last season averaging 18.1pts and 5.6ast in 26mins per game In the games he played more than 30mins he averaged around 22-23pts and 7ast per game. He's by no means his old self but the contender that manages to pick him up will get themselves a steal imo.

That is the guy I was thinking of but didnt want to say it. I am going to keep evaluating, but it appears Rose has gotten to the point of his career that he is a quality starting role player point guard. I think he has mature mentally enough to accept who he is and gotten his body healthy as well. Need a guy who can collapse the defense and Rose still has an excellent first step and quickness to collapse the defense.

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1953 » by IggieCC » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:49 pm

Rose has been solid for the past 2 years now. He'd be a great backup/insurance for injuries and other unknown sucking of young players.

His shooting has improved a lot iirc
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1954 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:02 pm

IggieCC wrote:Rose has been solid for the past 2 years now. He'd be a great backup/insurance for injuries and other unknown sucking of young players.

His shooting has improved a lot iirc

Rose and Butler playing with each other in Minny

DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1955 » by DrHeat » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:20 pm

Imagine if Achiuwa or KZ was able to know down the corner three consistently.. A line up of:

Bradley
Duncan or Herro
Butler
Achiuwa or KZ
Bam

That would be the most athletic/long and switchable defensive line up since the big three days
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#1956 » by Beenie » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:42 pm

IggieCC wrote:You don't give 10 mil contract to a good cheerleader. What's what vet min deals and Jared Dudley are for.

I'd be shocked if the team gave that contract to Meyers without good understanding of his health esp. after what they went through with Mion and his bum ankle.

Which leads me to believe that they probably intend on starting him; at least to begin the year.

I also read or heard something about his contract being structured in such a way to make him a tradable asset if they need to make the numbers work in a possible midseason deal.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Post#1957 » by insfo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:10 pm

uh oh
Read on Twitter

I was under the impression that this was all talked about, but Zach Lowe seems to think that conversation is yet to happen!! Hopefully it is Zach, and not Bam, who is in the dark :lol:
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#1958 » by Zasterror » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:19 pm

You know how players tend to lax off and play a bit underwhelming when they get paid?
I think the opposite is going to happen with Meyers. I think in his heart that he knows he got paid more than he deserves and his constant reverence towards the organization shows he wants to really prove his worth. I'm actually loving Meyers attitude about this, I just hope the fans don't kill him too much whenever he has a 3 point 3 rebound game.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1959 » by gom » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:26 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:i just read there's a player called tacko fall :lol: good thing that the mother put a k in there because otherwise it would be funny

ahem , now to my point i think that miami missed an opportunity in not getting boogie cousins would have been a great addition to this team regardless of his antics. the heat needs a scorer, badly .the team got taller with precious but we need that player than can score at will till then it will fall short of a championship

also the loss of crowder maybe felt by the little things that he did here. :roll: oh well

I met Tacko. Smart af. He was our center for UCF. We met the bus after they came back after the loss at Duke. His hand was like a catcher mitt.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#1960 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Miami Heat