ImageImageImage

Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST

Moderators: heat4life, IggieCC, Wiltside, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda

User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 13,457
And1: 5,339
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#201 » by HIF » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:54 am

So maybe Haslem is taking up a roster space that we could use whilst he goes into management.
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
User avatar
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,826
And1: 1,848
Joined: Jul 24, 2013
Location: 305 worldwide
         

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#202 » by Rock Hardy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:00 pm

KZ had himself a game. Looked confident out there, as opposed to the NO game, where he looked hesitant. I liked seeing him handle the ball more as well. I don't think it was mentioned, but I think he looked solid on defense as well. He stayed in front of his man, for the most part, closed out on shooters, got a block, and boxed out well. That last part matters with our lack of absolute length.

Strus indeed looked like DRob out there, just gunning without hesitation. Showed some range as well. Took a charge on top of that. He's putting in the effort, which I like. And while he was ripped after the first game, for having a poor shooting night, I think Spo probably gave him the mandate that if he's not shooting, he's not playing. We need floor spreaders, and you need to get the shots up if you're going to warrant the attention from the defense. He's probably not ready for a roster spot, but I'd like to see him take a 2-way to round out the details. Then again, I'd like it even more if he shoots like this the rest of the way and earns a roster spot on merit. 2 DRobs are better than 1, and Strus looks a better physical specimen.

Chewey has that Silva energy, as others have pointed out, but his skillset is much more complete. He runs the floor very well, and covers ground in the halfcourt maybe 2nd only to Bam. Team-high rebounds this game, which while it's only preseason, shows a commitment to closing out the defensive possession even with the energy he's expending in coverage. I liked the 4th quarter possession where he brought the ball up the court, and then pulled up for a fading midrange. His touch around the rim looked spotty though. Winslow-esque today. Small sample size, but big men need to finish. Some see him as a backup for Bam, but I can see them sharing the floor together, even if for limited minutes.

Harkless is a big meh so far, but I don't know if we should expect anything impressive when we ask a career 33% 3pt shooter to start hucking 4 attempts from the arc each game. That's not his wheelhouse, but it also wasn't Jae's before last season's outlier. Jae's stint with us was a bit of an outlier. Maybe Pat and Spo think they can coax similar magic out of Mo's longer frame. I'm hopeful.

BJ Johnson should not be allowed to initiate any kind of offense. It was terrible watching him turn it over. Oof! Catch it, shoot it, and run back on defense. He's getting sunsetted for sure.

The returning guys all did their thing. We'll be good in the East this year. We should create some headaches in the playoffs. Hopefully show Giannis that he's an idiot for staying in Milwaukee. I think this season is mostly about grooming more pieces for a big trade that lands us a whale. Our scouts are earning their keep, because we might have some more young studs for the stable.
Image
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 12,010
And1: 44,768
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#203 » by Wiltside » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:16 pm

That possession where Achiuwa brought the ball up, went left and hit the fading midrange J was so pretty. Didn’t know he had that in his game.

He looks a LOT like rookie Bam out there though otherwise. Goran going to enjoy throwing him oops in that second unit.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 17,392
And1: 13,279
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#204 » by twix2500 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Just rewatched the game. Olynyk, Bam Okpala and Precious can all play with each other. Olynyk clicked very quickly playing with Precious. Regardless who starts at the 4, that should be the four man rotation at the 4 and 5.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,393
And1: 58,027
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#205 » by DayofMourning » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:26 pm

Wiltside wrote:That possession where Achiuwa brought the ball up, went left and hit the fading midrange J was so pretty. Didn’t know he had that in his game.

He looks a LOT like rookie Bam out there though otherwise. Goran going to enjoy throwing him oops in that second unit.


If he can hit that consistently and improve his handles, the whole floor will open up for him.

Hell, Bam too. Were taking it for granted, but Bam was out their stroking the J. In rhythm. Comfortable. Now teams won't know how to defend him.
Image
User avatar
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 29,854
And1: 110,188
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
     

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#206 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:12 pm

twix2500 wrote:Just rewatched the game. Olynyk, Bam Okpala and Precious can all play with each other. Olynyk clicked very quickly playing with Precious. Regardless who starts at the 4, that should be the four man rotation at the 4 and 5.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Same way saw it. KO meshed perfectly with Achuiwa. That’s going to be a rock solid bench big rotation. Sprinkle in some Leonard with Achuiwa too.
eddieheatfan
Head Coach
Posts: 7,266
And1: 14,805
Joined: Nov 07, 2014
   

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#207 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:54 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:great game by the heat.they all played pretty well. specially fake mcbob,guy was on fire beyond the arc. i got a feeling that this is going to be fun to watch because they play with intensity.it was surprising to me that the heat won in the rebounding department as well

if achiwa becomes a rebounding beast that would be the best that the heat could hope for from this rookie,kudos to KZ as well.reminded me of jones junior role


How many 24 points games did DJJ had for us Eddie?
dont remember, you tell me :dontknow:
Image
eddieheatfan
Head Coach
Posts: 7,266
And1: 14,805
Joined: Nov 07, 2014
   

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#208 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:55 pm

3ballbomber wrote:We have 3 snipers :o

I sense something special in Precious :nod:

Herro is going to be on another level this season :wink:
i just want precious to be a rebounder and a shot blocker. heat needs this urgently so that bam doesnt have all the load
Image
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 29,730
And1: 99,000
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#209 » by Bishop45 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:05 pm

HIF wrote:So maybe Haslem is taking up a roster space that we could use whilst he goes into management.


He's groundskeeper willie, in case we catch some overweight pokemon
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

:rocking:
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 29,730
And1: 99,000
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#210 » by Bishop45 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

:rocking:
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,393
And1: 58,027
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#211 » by DayofMourning » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:18 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Pretty significant additions. You lose Jae but you add a couple vets and these 3 to the roster. Silly depth right now.
Image
User avatar
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
Posts: 14,598
And1: 34,439
Joined: May 30, 2014
Location: Right here. Right now.
Contact:
   

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#212 » by gom » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:34 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:great game by the heat.they all played pretty well. specially fake mcbob,guy was on fire beyond the arc. i got a feeling that this is going to be fun to watch because they play with intensity.it was surprising to me that the heat won in the rebounding department as well

if achiwa becomes a rebounding beast that would be the best that the heat could hope for from this rookie,kudos to KZ as well.reminded me of jones junior role


How many 24 points games did DJJ had for us Eddie?
dont remember, you tell me :dontknow:


25 point game vs Clippers
23 point game vs Charlotte
19 point game vs Portland
18 point game vs Indiana (a) [6 for 7 from the 3]
18 point game vs Indiana (h)
#BlackLivesMatter
you love black panther but not fred hampton -- Rapsody
Image
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^^^^
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,880
And1: 24,799
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#213 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:10 pm

gom wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
How many 24 points games did DJJ had for us Eddie?
dont remember, you tell me :dontknow:


25 point game vs Clippers
23 point game vs Charlotte
19 point game vs Portland
18 point game vs Indiana (a) [6 for 7 from the 3]
18 point game vs Indiana (h)


So one game.

I wouldn't trade KZ for DJJ if they made the same money. KZ much higher upside IMO, on both sides.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
3ballbomber
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,465
And1: 4,005
Joined: Jan 24, 2011
Location: Burn City
 

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#214 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:46 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:We have 3 snipers :o

I sense something special in Precious :nod:

Herro is going to be on another level this season :wink:
i just want precious to be a rebounder and a shot blocker. heat needs this urgently so that bam doesnt have all the load

I agree mate. I do believe he can be more than those 2.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way. Virtue, Ethics & Honor.

DemGoonsfrmDade
eddieheatfan
Head Coach
Posts: 7,266
And1: 14,805
Joined: Nov 07, 2014
   

Re: Preseason Game 2: Miami @ Toronto 7 PM EST 

Post#215 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:53 pm

3ballbomber wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:We have 3 snipers :o

I sense something special in Precious :nod:

Herro is going to be on another level this season :wink:
i just want precious to be a rebounder and a shot blocker. heat needs this urgently so that bam doesnt have all the load

I agree mate. I do believe he can be more than those 2.
he will though i think that defense should be his priority this season.
Image

Return to Miami Heat