ImageImageImage

Official GT Heat Vs them Wizzazz 1/9 SAT 7pm lets go new OP new day

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Re: Official GT Heat Vs them Wizzazz 1/9 SAT 7pm lets go new OP new day 

Post#21 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:48 pm

Not the start I was hoping for. losing too many winnable games.

I think we'll make some trades, looks like we're missing something
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#22 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:37 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Not the start I was hoping for. losing too many winnable games.

It’s still pre-season. Relax.
OP for NBA FT record
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,471

Post#23 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:03 pm

IggieCC wrote:surely Point Winnie didn't die for this mess..

Point Winnie slander on top of the L was messed up

Shenron free my dude, and repair his bidy body
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#24 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:08 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Not the start I was hoping for. losing too many winnable games.

Hope them bois didn't hold back on the Harden proposals, but that's the past.

Are there any trades that can be made where we hang on to the young guys? Randle trade would have only taken our lowest assets, but that's prolly gone too

Rest in Power Chadwick

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#25 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:18 pm

Harden, Beal, Randle, all the rest of big fish are likely unattainable coz we held onto the treasures too dearly

we're probably left with Andrew Wiggins of the world options smdh
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#26 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:25 pm

IggieCC wrote:Harden, Beal, Randle, all the rest of big fish are likely unattainable coz we held onto the treasures too dearly

We can still make a very good offer for Beal, It might be a smarter move then going after Harden.

I can't imagine Beal would still want to be a wizard a month from now if they continue to suck and he continues to ball.

Anyway, we could be good just adding a complimentary player, not nessicarily a star. Like a Aaron Gordon type?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,944

Post#27 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:30 pm

Wizards are going to have a better record than Miami soon. No way Beal is going to want to come to a lottery team.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#28 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:35 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Harden, Beal, Randle, all the rest of big fish are likely unattainable coz we held onto the treasures too dearly

We can still make a very good offer for Beal, It might be a smarter move then going after Harden.

I can't imagine Beal would still want to be a wizard a month from now if they continue to suck and he continues to ball.

Anyway, we could be good just adding a complimentary player, not nessicarily a star. Like a Aaron Gordon type?

If we're banking a similar offer for Beal that would've worked for Harden then that's a serious L in my book, but I don't value Beal as much as some. Aaron Gordon is not good, but that's besides the point. If not a star, we need a playmaker, which a decent one will be hard to attain without including the young guys.

I don't forsee a sizeable trade for that reason, I think we stay down this season and retool in the offseason.

Rest in Power Chadwick

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#29 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:48 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:

well one thing Beal is great at is endure sucking REX :x

I do think Herro/Duncan package is still appealing to some teams. One thing to note is that Wizards already paid for their own Duncan Robinson in Davis Bertans. Kinda doubtful that they'd be interested in Duncan. that probably means we have to throw in a whole bunch to get Beal, if we have a shot at all. Boy Wonder :x
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,819

Post#30 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:00 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

If we're banking a similar offer for Beal that would've worked for Harden then that's a serious L in my book, but I don't value Beal as much as some. Aaron Gordon is not good, but that's besides the point. If not a star, we need a playmaker, which a decent one will be hard to attain without including the young guys.

I don't forsee a sizeable trade for that reason, I think we stay down this season and retool in the offseason.

I think the same way which is sad, with Butler forcing himself to Miami this FO has hit cruise control so far instead after capitalizing on that luck of landing a near top 10 player a few prime years left. I think 2-4 years down the road fans will look back and think, we were THAT close to being a true contender and yet didn't make the moves that needed to be done.

Just simply looking at the current vs the future shows you all you should need to see.
Butler, Bam, Dragic + an upgrade from a big trade.
vs in 3 years.
Bam, Herro, ? (there may not be a 3rd player as good as Dragic is).

The future isn't nearly as bright as fans think, years help younger "potential" get better but it also makes older talent just disappears. Miami doesn't even have all their 1st round picks for the foreseeable future to take more swings at players.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,819

Post#31 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:05 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:

Beal is loyal much like Giannis is loyal. Had Chicago not decided to go with the youth movement Butler would have been loyal and stayed in Chicago.

Man, outside of the playoff success last year and promoting a hard working environment, Miami really looks like what Chicago was doing where Butler forced his way out(not saying he will in Miami, they play the way he wants to play). They threw him a couple of vets (Rondo and Wade) to try to "win" but was trying to do a youth movement and was constantly talking about their "cap space" plan in 2 year(to possibly add 2 max players), much like Miami has been talking about having cap space for 1 max player with that 2021 plan. Also, that team looked good in the playoffs until Rondo went out with an injury. There's a ton of similarities between Miami and Chicago's situations, luckily Miami wasn't dumb enough to hire a "player" coach like Hoiberg.

I just don't get why a franchise won't try to build as strong of a roster as they can with Butler when he after he showed what he could do in the biggest games and the year before he almost powered Philly past the eventual champs in 7 games, he's now a proven playoff commodity that his current team just refuses to capitalize off of.
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,896

Post#32 » by HeatingUp3 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:06 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Wizards are going to have a better record than Miami soon. No way Beal is going to want to come to a lottery team.

And Beal looks damn happy to me. We brodcasting in Israel all the Wizards games cuz of Dani and i saw all. He like it there.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#33 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:32 pm

Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#34 » by Beenie » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:30 pm

Bishop45 wrote:

Where's the point Winnie vid of his turnovers, overdribbling, ball-handling without a purpose, force dribbling into crowded lanes, missed layups, and the assortment of bricks and airballs?

That vid would be at least 3 times as long.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#35 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:40 pm

LMAO
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#36 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:42 pm

Beenie wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Where's the point Winnie vid of his turnovers, overdribbling, ball-handling without a purpose, force dribbling into crowded lanes, missed layups, and the assortment of bricks and airballs?

That vid would be at least 3 times as long.

EYE believe there are cumulative stats for that, and EYE believe Justise shot .433/.375 from the field with a respectable 2:1 assists turnover ratio over the entirety of that szn.

Maybe I'm biased, but EYE believe you're over exaggerating to find a bald spot

Rest in Power Chadwick

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,787

Post#37 » by greg4012 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:18 pm

IggieCC wrote:someone said in the GT that we're probably being too unselfish and overpassing.

It stems from us not having elite playmakers or low post threats to break down defense so most of the time we're just swinging the ball side to side. It's predictable and non-threatening. we need to get back to how we played in the playoffs but we could use some help "wink wink" OT issue is correctable but Oreb we're way too small with Bam and Iggy/Jimmy at 4.

Agreed

This team as constructed generates success based on a sum greater than its parts model. Our starpower is not overwhelming. And our stars are not guys whose bread and butter is creating their own offense.

More than most of the top teams, we need coordination and real effort among every guy on the court in order for it to work. That's part of the reason why we have such high turnover games.

When it works, it can be a buzzsaw that is really hard to stop. But our margin for error is smaller than teams that can rely on a couple superstars cooking.

Low effort starts or a few guys not locked in can throw a wrench in our operation for stretches of the game and we are less likely to have one guy bail us out when that happens.

I'm confident we can gear up as the season goes on and be a challenge for any team in the playoffs. The question is how big of a hole are we digging ourselves into due to regular season inconsistency. We won't have the luxury of neutral courts this go around in the playoffs.
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#38 » by Chalm Down » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:56 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:we are last in the league in turnover% and oreb%

need to fix

Spoiler:

oreb is what it is but turnover is unacceptable imo

Bam is way too high for a big and not even a primary ball handler. Dragic is too high for his mins. Jimmy is high but I'd give him some slack for injuries and general soreness. Point Herro is high but it's growing pains. Drob is way too high for someone who doesn't even dribble. Iggy is high for his mins. I don't even know what to say about Silva with his 17 TOs per 48 mins lmao Precious shouldn't be making 1.3 TO per game either. Bradley and Nunn are doing a good job.

Maybe it's also a result of random Spo lineups, like with Mo starting

We will get better once the turnovers are down, last in the league is ridiculous for us
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#39 » by Chalm Down » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:57 am

IggieCC wrote:Image

Spoiler:

your avi and post combo confuses me
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,698

Post#40 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:57 am

Chalm Down wrote:we are last in the league in turnover% and oreb%

need to fix

Need real PG or start Gogi until we get one. Need to also stop playing Iguodala at PF. Also need to limit Bam at PG and get him down low to board.

Return to Miami Heat