ImageImageImage

Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy!

Moderators: heat4life, IggieCC, Wiltside, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda

User avatar
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 29,854
And1: 110,190
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
     

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#381 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:31 am

Have Bam run the point with Precious down low with Robinson, Herro, and Gogi or Vincent. Not that hard.
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 21,357
And1: 9,140
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#382 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:41 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
AirP. wrote:So Precious played 36 minutes and had 17 points, 13 rebounds on 70% shooting... pretty close to his PER36 numbers for the season.

Read on Twitter

He’s a savage. Now Spo needs to figure out Bam and Precious lineups.

The offense would have to be altered since Bam nor Precious can/will shoot from the outside... then toss in Butler not shooting also and there's just not much room.
carnageta
Junior
Posts: 494
And1: 1,450
Joined: Dec 16, 2019
 

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#383 » by carnageta » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:48 am

Precious has shown range. Would like to see him pull up from mid-range from time to time when he's left open.
carnageta
Junior
Posts: 494
And1: 1,450
Joined: Dec 16, 2019
 

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#384 » by carnageta » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:50 am

Oh, and since we're doing this:

Tyler Herro's averages per 26 fga per game:

32.2 points, 46% fg shooting.


Tyler Herro's numbers tonight:

34 points, 46% fg shooting (26 fga).
User avatar
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 29,854
And1: 110,190
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
     

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#385 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:03 am

AirP. wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
AirP. wrote:So Precious played 36 minutes and had 17 points, 13 rebounds on 70% shooting... pretty close to his PER36 numbers for the season.

Read on Twitter

He’s a savage. Now Spo needs to figure out Bam and Precious lineups.

The offense would have to be altered since Bam nor Precious can/will shoot from the outside... then toss in Butler not shooting also and there's just not much room.

Have try something to make it work. I don’t suggest Butler on the floor during this pairing.
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 12,012
And1: 44,771
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#386 » by Wiltside » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:12 am

Proud of the team. Got to see Herro continue to find his way, Achiuwa show he’s ready, Vincent and Duncan show their worth...just bittersweet that we were so close to a dub and fell short. Team deserved the win.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
Beenie
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,313
And1: 2,216
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
 

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#387 » by Beenie » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:19 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Have Bam run the point with Precious down low with Robinson, Herro, and Gogi or Vincent. Not that hard.


Bam's too clumsy to be handling as much as he does already.

He needs to be finishing more.
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 29,730
And1: 99,003
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#388 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:22 am

GG OP
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

:rocking:
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 47,290
And1: 217,959
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
 

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#389 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 am

HOLY CRAP WE LOST?

I had to leave when we were up 4 with 30 secs left WITH THE BALL :dontknow: then passed out

OProphecy? :cry:
Image
The Biggest Fan
User avatar
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
Posts: 14,601
And1: 34,442
Joined: May 30, 2014
Location: Right here. Right now.
Contact:
   

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#390 » by gom » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:47 am

It was a bummer we let them take our 7 players to overtime, but that being the case, I'm pretty happy we had a chance to tie it in overtime.
#BlackLivesMatter
you love black panther but not fred hampton -- Rapsody
Image
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^^^^
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,883
And1: 24,806
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#391 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 am

One of the most undeserving, annoying loses i ever saw.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,883
And1: 24,806
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#392 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 am

The bad :

1) Refs REALLY killed us, so many BS calls
2) Rebounding, just didn't get enough defensive ones.

The Good :

1) Herro is a baller. Like I expected he's good andd smart enough to be a main creator on offense. call it pg\sg\combo guard, whatever. He's getting to paint a TON, which is huge for him because he's a great finisher, improving passer and it will open his game once his 3's start falling again.

2) Vincent is a solid rotation guy. Guy plays smart, pure shooter, doesn't look bad on D.

3) Precious needs to be more aggressive offensively, he can shot the mid range and can get by him slow defender IF we give him the green light. This is what can allow us to play him next to BAm.

4) Overall proud of the guys, refs killed us and we fought an uphill battle, undermanned, almost got the W.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
HeatingUp3
Pro Prospect
Posts: 968
And1: 2,120
Joined: Jun 20, 2018

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#393 » by HeatingUp3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 am

We just was unlucky. We had a 5 point lead and they made shots, got that steal to tie the game. But look at this this way, they needed the a game of a lifetime from Embid AND Green to beat us without our best players. Achi looked good and everyone played good. Just could'nt close.
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 47,290
And1: 217,959
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
 

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#394 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:53 am

HeatingUp3 wrote:We just was unlucky. We had a 5 point lead and they made shots, got that steal to tie the game. But look at this this way, they needed the a game of a lifetime from Embid AND Green to beat us without our best players. Achi looked good and everyone played good. Just could'nt close.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1831514&start=220#p87933333
Better luck next time OProphecy :)

Old username: HeatingUp3

New username: OProphecy

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=217037

Thank you!
Image
The Biggest Fan
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 21,357
And1: 9,140
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#395 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:39 pm

Even Embiid knew he carried the basketball (so Vincent didn't get an easy steal), after carrying the basketball Embiid didn't initially keep dribbling, he just let the ball fall and pulled back his hands, after seeing nothing was called he went back to dribbling.

Read on Twitter
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 21,357
And1: 9,140
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#396 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:16 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:The bad :

1) Refs REALLY killed us, so many BS calls
2) Rebounding, just didn't get enough defensive ones.

The Good :

1) Herro is a baller. Like I expected he's good andd smart enough to be a main creator on offense. call it pg\sg\combo guard, whatever. He's getting to paint a TON, which is huge for him because he's a great finisher, improving passer and it will open his game once his 3's start falling again.

2) Vincent is a solid rotation guy. Guy plays smart, pure shooter, doesn't look bad on D.

3) Precious needs to be more aggressive offensively, he can shot the mid range and can get by him slow defender IF we give him the green light. This is what can allow us to play him next to BAm.

4) Overall proud of the guys, refs killed us and we fought an uphill battle, undermanned, almost got the W.


1. Herro is a scorer, trying to turn him into a playmaker for others at this time is just not needed, he has the mentality of a scorer AND facilitator already, not really sure why Miami is pushing him so much to facilitate more this early in his career. There is no reason Herro should ever play 30+ minutes a night and only have 11 or fewer FGA which he's had 3 games out of 9 of that plus 1 of the other 5 he had 9 FGA in 29 minutes. He's a scorer, let him score.


2. Vincent had some flashes of some good but it's his first time he's known before the game he was starting and he was going to get big minutes which probably gave him a nice adrenalin rush for the 1st half of the game plus he had the green light to shoot at anytime (something that he normally wouldn't have). 2nd half he came down to earth shooting 4 of 12. Saying he's a "solid rotation guy" is way premature, especially when the team he's on is looking to go deep in the playoffs. Tonight was a rare time a 2 way player has a chance to audition for the league.

3. Precious is on the court early on as a rookie because he's playing a limited role on the team to try to keep him a positive on the team. He's a rookie who didn't have a summer league and he didn't have much time in the preseason and right now, he's a decent backup in Bam's image so the team doesn't have to alter the offense so much when Bam leaves. Having that explosive big rim runner who is also a good switchable defender on the court most of the time will allow this team to concentrate on that aspect of their offense and defense instead of having to worry about how to utilize someone like Leonard.

4. Great game by the Heat but you have to understand, as much as we didn't know how they'd play, Philly didn't have much of an idea of what Miami and those combinations of players would do and with that, no real game plan against them. In the 2nd half we saw Philly make adjustments where Philly was the better team even with Simmons out. I wouldn't expect the next game against Philly to be as competitive unless Miami has a/some major player(s) being available.

It was a really fun game to watch where you get to see some "random scrub guys" get their break and ride that adrenalin rush to way better then normal games.
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 21,357
And1: 9,140
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#397 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:24 pm

By the way, The Athletic's Daily Ding podcast with Zach Harper talk about the Heat-Philly game at the beginning of the podcast.
https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/the-nba-daily-ding/76ers-beat-heat-in-ot-harden-VY8IXQEzpwL/
dolphinatik
Head Coach
Posts: 6,129
And1: 2,611
Joined: Oct 20, 2008
     

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#398 » by dolphinatik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:24 pm

AirP. wrote:Even Embiid knew he carried the basketball (so Vincent didn't get an easy steal), after carrying the basketball Embiid didn't initially keep dribbling, he just let the ball fall and pulled back his hands, after seeing nothing was called he went back to dribbling.

Read on Twitter


and we challenged the play so it should have been caught on the challenge replay. Spo should at least call for post game review why that was missed twice.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 21,357
And1: 9,140
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#399 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:37 pm

dolphinatik wrote:
AirP. wrote:Even Embiid knew he carried the basketball (so Vincent didn't get an easy steal), after carrying the basketball Embiid didn't initially keep dribbling, he just let the ball fall and pulled back his hands, after seeing nothing was called he went back to dribbling.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter


and we challenged the play so it should have been caught on the challenge replay. Spo should at least call for post game review why that was missed twice.

Spoelstra challenged the blocking foul, the carry isn't challengeable. The refs can look at other things like out of bounds or continuation, I don't believe "carrying the ball" is reviewable by the refs nor have I ever heard of it being reviewed(and we know carries happen a lot).

Teams cannot challenge non-calls or other types of calls not listed.


When challenging a called foul, a coach can only challenge that the foul was not a foul; however, the review also will consider certain other reviewable matters (e.g., continuation, out-of-bounds)


NBA.com's coach's challenge info

The Last 2 Minute Report isn't up yet but when it is, it'll be here, I'm expecting to see the carry in it.
greg4012
Veteran
Posts: 2,590
And1: 2,947
Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Re: Official GT Heat Vs Covid 76ers? (JAN 12) Lets get that W and be healthy! 

Post#400 » by greg4012 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Really hope this game serves as a sort of wake up call/switch for the team for the season going forward. If we would actually play with that level of focus/effort at full strength, we would see the team that made the finals run last season

Return to Miami Heat