ImageImageImage

The Slump Buster - 1/28 - Heatles vs Clippers

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Re: The Slump Buster - 1/28 - Heatles vs Clippers 

Post#381 » by twix2500 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:49 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Spo leaves him out there to not score I believe, he's doing a terrific job of executing that gameplan.

I just don't get why it's so )(#$)( important to get KZ minutes when he didn't do much in the G-League last year. Why would he be better against better players?

Maybe in a couple of years KZ will be ready, he's just not ready now.
Bro why you keep harping about the Gleague. Jesus Christ.

Spo wants him to stand in the corner and stretch the defense so the PnR can have space. He doing just that. If you want him to get more action in the offense tell spo. If Spo sub him for Precious than Precious would be standing in the corner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe we need guys cutting to the basket instead of standing in the corner. But what the hell do i know, after all Spo is the best coach in the league. :nonono:
Thats Spo fault! They are not using him as cutter or run off screens. Sure he can flash a bit more but that wouldn't do anything if they not swinging the ball his way.

He shooting 37% from 3.

I agree get him in more action than just stand in the corner. But its obvious thats what Spo got him limited to in practice.

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,820

Post#382 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:52 am

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:He is running the play. He not trying to show you what you want him to do. He just doing what Spo wants him to do. Why you think Spo kept him in the game.

Spo leaves him out there to not score I believe, he's doing a terrific job of executing that gameplan.

I just don't get why it's so )(#$)( important to get KZ minutes when he didn't do much in the G-League last year. Why would he be better against better players?

Spo wants him to stand in the corner and stretch the defense so the PnR can have space. He doing just that. If you want him to get more action in the offense tell spo. If Spo sub him for Precious than Precious would be standing in the corner.

It's odd, I see other players who play that same way do WAY MORE offensively. Quit making excuses for him, he got aggressive at one point and WOW, he scored from the corner. Did Spo all of a sudden say hey KZ, it's your time now that the game is on the line, go do your thing. NO... KZ just decided to be aggressive finally.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#383 » by IggieCC » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:52 am

Bishop45 wrote:I don't think this loss was too bad, we're both missing key players

Just need to find the best way to win some games soon so that this isn't one of those years where we're fighting to make the playoffs

Clippers are a half decent team without 2 super stars. They'll at least make a game out of it.

I think it might be too late. Think we'll be in the mix of the lower seeds realistically
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,374

Post#384 » by MHeat0279 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:52 am

twix2500 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Bro why you keep harping about the Gleague. Jesus Christ.

Maybe we need guys cutting to the basket instead of standing in the corner. But what the hell do i know, after all Spo is the best coach in the league. :nonono:
Thats Spo fault! They are not using him as cutter or run off screens. Sure he can flash a bit more but that wouldn't do anything if they not swinging the ball his way.

He shooting 37% from 3.

I agree get him in more action than just stand in the corner. But its obvious thats what Spo got him limited to in practice.

I agree. Can not help but noticed our cutting has not been used a lot this year, easy points are hard to come by. He needs some work on offense, his defense is on point.
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#385 » by Majestic7 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:55 am

When the Heat pissed away an 18 point lead in the 2nd quarter I knew they were in trouble. The turd quarter ended the game. They fought back in the 4th quarter, but per usual, it was much too little and too late. This team needs to be at full strength to win games consistently. COVID is making that impossible right now. Maybe we can steal a win against the Kings on Saturday!

Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#386 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:55 am

Maybe we are trying to slowly bring Herro back in... but he needs to get at that 38 minute range especially when we are shorthanded. Same goes for Bam. Theyre both young, they can handle the load. When Butler and/or dragic comes back, we need to make our lineup tighter.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#387 » by twix2500 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:56 am

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Spo leaves him out there to not score I believe, he's doing a terrific job of executing that gameplan.

It's odd, I see other players who play that same way do WAY MORE offensively. Quit making excuses for him, he got aggressive at one point and WOW, he scored from the corner. Did Spo all of a sudden say hey KZ, it's your time now that the game is on the line, go do your thing. NO... KZ just decided to be aggressive finally.

What you mean he got aggressive. He barely touches the ball on offense. If he gets the ball on an open shot he takes it. He not turning away open shots. I can see if you saw him wide open and passes up the attempt. If he wasn't doing what Spo wanted him to do, spo would yank him. Spo showed you he yanks KZ if he is not running the play properly

Remember he went 6 for 9 one game. The next game spo yanked him in 3 mins for not running the play how spo wants him to.

Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#388 » by Beenie » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:00 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:Get used to them playing like their record didn't know Crowder was that impactful till now.

The front office defenders have and likely will keep minimizing his departure as not a big deal.

In reality, the chemistry the team had with Crowder was pretty special.

Losing him was somewhat crippling.

We only had Crowder for the bubble for the most part

We were 3-4 seed before last season's trade deadline, but unfortunately we have way more injury/covid this year

Losing is tough, but there are problems that go beyond the loss column racking up.

The team often looks soft and uninspired.

Crowder's intensity and toughness is now absent and that void has yet to be filled.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,699

Post#389 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:00 am

abark wrote:
AirP. wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Spo is a failure if he can’t maximize his personnel

No, he's just a throw everything against the wall and see what sticks kind of coach. I don't believe you should do that but it has been working for Spo, it's much harder to get that type of lineup to work when you don't have much stability in the rotation.

Wouldn't throwing everything against the wall include seeing what playing Bam/Precious together look like.

I know I'm a broken record here on this point, but I at least want to see it fail when it's clear nothing else is working.

I’m about to make you poster of the month lol
AirP.
RealGM

Post#390 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:04 am

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Bro why you keep harping about the Gleague. Jesus Christ.

What you mean he got aggressive. He barely touches the ball on offense. If he gets the ball on an open shot he takes it. He not turning away open shots. I can see if you saw him wide open and passes up the attempt. If he wasn't doing what Spo wanted him to do, spo would yank him. Spo showed you he yanks KZ if he is not running the play properly

Remember he went 6 for 9 one game. The next game spo yanked him in 3 mins for not running the play how spo wants him to.

Yes, he went 6 for 9 one game.

His offensive rating before tonight was an incredible 88 with only one Heat player lower then him in G.Vincent at 84. The 3rd lowest guy is Meyers at a 100 ORTG.

I just don't get the need for KZ to get minutes at this time.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#391 » by twix2500 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:06 am

Spo has Precious and KZ in LIMITED roles. If you want their role to expand take your complaint to SPO!

AirP.
RealGM

Post#392 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:07 am

twix2500 wrote:Spo has Precious and KZ in LIMITED roles. If you want their role to expand take your complaint to SPO!

My complaint would be KZ getting too much time.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Post#393 » by Shewasfly » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:07 am

Just saw this was an L and still no Jimmy. He alive or nah?
:tiredJB:
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,961

Post#394 » by dshearn » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:08 am

Heat_team02 wrote:Get used to them playing like their record didn't know Crowder was that impactful till now.

jimmy's been out for ever and your talking about crowder.....
twix2500
RealGM

Post#395 » by twix2500 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:08 am

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:It's odd, I see other players who play that same way do WAY MORE offensively. Quit making excuses for him, he got aggressive at one point and WOW, he scored from the corner. Did Spo all of a sudden say hey KZ, it's your time now that the game is on the line, go do your thing. NO... KZ just decided to be aggressive finally.

His offensive rating before tonight was an incredible 88 with only one Heat player lower then him in G.Vincent at 84. The 3rd lowest guy is Meyers at a 100 ORTG.

Bro he barely shoots. He playing his role. How can you not see that. Spo made a comment earlier that he wants KZ to focus on just his role first.

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,666

Post#396 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:12 am

How many more wins does this team have as presently covid/injury constructed with Crowder? Cant be serious with this
twix2500
RealGM

Post#397 » by twix2500 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:12 am

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Spo has Precious and KZ in LIMITED roles. If you want their role to expand take your complaint to SPO!

So you want Harkless playing that role lol? Your complaints is the scheme. Because I know you don't want Precious defending the point. KZ is defending the point homie because Dragic, Nunn and Herro suck at it

Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#398 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:15 am

AirP. wrote:

Hes getting one minute too many...
AirP.
RealGM

Post#399 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:17 am

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Bro he barely shoots. He playing his role. How can you not see that. Spo made a comment earlier that he wants KZ to focus on just his role first.

So you believe Spo says, don't do anything but stand in this corner and only look to shoot when wide open? I very well doubt that, especially when I see him hit a 3 and then next time he touches it he backs his guy down and attacks the basket.

To me, I see a confidence issue with KZ and playing him when he's not ready could be detrimental to his confidence which might slow up his development. I personally don't agree with playing young guys because they're young, you play them because they're ready to play.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#400 » by twix2500 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:30 am

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Yes, he went 6 for 9 one game.

So you believe Spo says, don't do anything but stand in this corner and only look to shoot when wide open? I very well doubt that, especially when I see him hit a 3 and then next time he touches it he backs his guy down and attacks the basket.

To me, I see a confidence issue with KZ and playing him when he's not ready could be detrimental to his confidence which might slow up his development. I personally don't agree with playing young guys because they're young, you play them because they're ready to play.
AirP, you don't want to believe your own eyes. You're saying you do not believe he is following coaches instructions but wondering why the coach is keeping him in the game? AirP..... my friend.... really?

Return to Miami Heat