ImageImageImage

The Slump Buster - 1/28 - Heatles vs Clippers

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Re: The Slump Buster - 1/28 - Heatles vs Clippers 

Post#401 » by twix2500 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:49 am

I know this sucks watching how bad the Heat are playing. Please dont lose your minds, hold it together fam! You may be getting to the brink of losing it when you are demanding KZ and Precious to carry the team when they have Bam, Herro and Robinson.

Tyler Herro shot 8 for 21 and Bam shot 6 for 16, but your blaming what Precious and KZ are doing for the lost.

Thats loco homes.

Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,218

Post#402 » by Dmcdani6 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:58 am

IggieCC wrote:It's clearly not a singular reason why we're sucking.

Lost Crowder, Butler has been out, Meyers out, AB out, Herro's been out, Dragic in and out, Harkless useless, KO in slump.

I mean it's not that hard to understand that we're not very good right now. Hope we'll make a move or two and get most guys back in the lineup.

Harkless is useless! Im just confused by this sentence
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#403 » by King Ken » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:49 am

Your team and Toronto is strange. I predicted a rough season last year for both and both clearly exceeded that with Miami in the Finals and Toronto nearly winning the east RS wise. I predict success this year and wow.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#404 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:51 am

King Ken wrote:Your team and Toronto is strange. I predicted a rough season last year for both and both clearly exceeded that with Miami in the Finals and Toronto nearly winning the east RS wise. I predict success this year and wow.

Most teams in the league would find it hard to have success with so many key guys out. We’ll be fine.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,723

Post#405 » by contract » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:28 pm

King Ken wrote:Your team and Toronto is strange. I predicted a rough season last year for both and both clearly exceeded that with Miami in the Finals and Toronto nearly winning the east RS wise. I predict success this year and wow.

So this is your doing? :curse:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM

Post#406 » by contract » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:36 pm

Beenie wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Beenie wrote:

The front office defenders have and likely will keep minimizing his departure as not a big deal.

In reality, the chemistry the team had with Crowder was pretty special.

Losing him was somewhat crippling.

We only had Crowder for the bubble for the most part

We were 3-4 seed before last season's trade deadline, but unfortunately we have way more injury/covid this year

Losing is tough, but there are problems that go beyond the loss column racking up.

The team often looks soft and uninspired.

Crowder's intensity and toughness is now absent and that void has yet to be filled.

He also fit his role better than anyone we have now. We seemed to suit him too. :dontknow:
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,748

Post#407 » by al bondiga » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:47 pm

very different situations... Toronto was assembled out of the past All Stars and lucky to win a championship, last year was just a good team with momentum built... Miami is just a very young team with their couple future All-Stars and they were just showing off half what they can be
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,481

Post#408 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:14 pm

twix2500 wrote:AirP, you don't want to believe your own eyes. You're saying you do not believe he is following coaches instructions but wondering why the coach is keeping him in the game? AirP..... my friend.... really?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here's what my eyes saw... 40+ straight minutes in just 2 games of 1 point on the court. At some point KZ make an open 3, then their next possession he gets the ball and then backs down the man and ends up with a close shot that he makes then back to doing very little offensively.

Here's video of those 2 shots from NBA.com.

My view: KZ has no confidence where he's doing nothing but standing in the corner, makes a shot, gains confidence, starts getting aggressive and plays some offense from that corner spot on the court then loses his aggressiveness.

Your view: He can only stand in the corner, made a 3 and I guess during a critical time of the game Spoelstra called a play for KZ to completely change what he's doing, get the ball and back down his man on command and score then not shoot the ball again?

I don't think Spoelstra changed the offense when KZ made an open 3 to allow KZ to go one on one from the corner in the middle of the 4th and watch him score to don't shoot the ball again nor tell the rest of the team to try not to find KZ for another shot. I don't think KZ went rogue either, I think KZ just finally decided to do one of the options in the offense and take a favorable matchup from the 3pt line to the basket and just shoot over him.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,735

Post#409 » by KingDavid » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:12 pm

Woy.

We **** around right now. Bout to find out quick if we don't get healthy and in order. Gonna end up in the lottery.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#410 » by King Ken » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:42 pm

al bondiga wrote:

very different situations... Toronto was assembled out of the past All Stars and lucky to win a championship, last year was just a good team with momentum built... Miami is just a very young team with their couple future All-Stars and they were just showing off half what they can be

That's what I predicted last year for Toronto but more like Detroit and it was the last year if their success. I was wrong.

That was exactly what I thought was going to happen to Miami last year. I was wrong.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,123

Post#411 » by dolphinatik » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:29 pm

Herro front rimmed a lot of shots yesterday. That is a lift problem. He just isnt in game rhythm but those shots are online and will fall when he gets his legs back under him. I dunno what Bam is doing, I can only imagine that he is working on his floater and spot up game now so that he will have it later. If that is the case I am not mad at him. We had no offseason and now is the perfect time to develop your offense. Especially with more teams going to the playoffs this year we need our A game then now now.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#412 » by KingDavid » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:54 am

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Spo has Precious and KZ in LIMITED roles. If you want their role to expand take your complaint to SPO!

My complaint would be KZ getting too much time.

Your ortg-drtg calculation needs to be something official. What are the loopholes behind it? I'm thinking you can make a great thread on the gb about it with different examples from different players around the league.
#HEATLifer

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,481

Post#413 » by AirP. » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:20 pm

KingDavid wrote:
AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Spo has Precious and KZ in LIMITED roles. If you want their role to expand take your complaint to SPO!

My complaint would be KZ getting too much time.

Your ortg-drtg calculation needs to be something official. What are the loopholes behind it? I'm thinking you can make a great thread on the gb about it with different examples from different players around the league.

I really don't care who likes or dislikes it, it's served me well. It told me Wiggins was bad after his 23.6 ppg season at 21 where I argued against everyone on the Minnesota board how Butler was leaps and bounds better then Wiggins but you know "potential and PPG". Kinda seeing the same thing here with Herro although he's being played somewhat out of position because of how many players are out, but his ORTG-DRTG numbers aren't good and they weren't good last year. Just way too much bias based on a big game here and there and ignoring all the bad games.

Let's look at Harkless, he's been a positive roleplayer since age 22 and now with Miami he's a -10 which seems to indicate an issue in Miami so if we look closer, his DRTG has went up (playing out of position at PF instead of SF) and his ORTG has dropped and if we look at his PER36s it shows his FGA are down from his career average of 9.7 to 3.7 in Miami which I'd contribute to starting out slow, being put at the wrong position because the FO refuses to go past 2021 in salaries and Spoelstra showing very little confidence in a veteran player. Also, with such a low FGA per game, teams can help off him more which means tougher defense for his teammates to deal with.

Miami's bad season isn't just on COVID and injuries, it's actually on the FO who refused to give out guaranteed contracts past 2021 and allowing a starting caliber PF walk and tried to replace him with a SF (Harkless) playing out of position at PF(we can toss Iggy in there too). Since the acquisition of Butler(who forced himself to Miami) this FO has been bad, I mean really bad in not doing much and willing to coast as a franchise in hopes they get another high level player "force" his way to Miami in the summer of 2021. Better hope Beal says he won't resign anywhere else because if he doesn't, Miami won't be the highest bidder unless Bam is in the package.

It's just so frustrating to see another franchise not believing in building around Butler and working towards the younger player's timeline.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Post#414 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:32 pm

Herros skill needs to be aligned better to the flow of the game. Many times he will contribute only when down or at the end of games. This is great but he has to be more timely in his contributions throughout the course of the game. AirP is right about his rating impact. Overall he isn't a winning contributor yet. However he is only in his second year so you'd expect growth.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,748

Post#415 » by al bondiga » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:20 pm

King Ken wrote:
al bondiga wrote:

That's what I predicted last year for Toronto but more like Detroit and it was the last year if their success. I was wrong.

That was exactly what I thought was going to happen to Miami last year. I was wrong.

yes you're right, if you bet on Miami more often than not you will win, the Miami Heat is a proven team and they haven't needed luck as much...Toronto was more of a bunch of players who got lucky 1 year when most teams were depleted and Then followed up with the momentum of an ex-champ
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#416 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Feb 1, 2021 11:15 am

I will say it again.

**** Erik Spoelstra.

I am sick and tired of him. 100% done with him.

He gave Nunn another DNP - Coach's Decision as soon as Herro/Butler was back.

How the F is Nunn supposed to develop if we keep doing this to him.

I don't care how much he loves Tyler Herro. Kendrick Nunn is, and will be, a better NBA player than Tyler Herro. Take that to the mf'in bank. Trade Nunn already so I can cheer for him on a team that does him right.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
contract
RealGM

Post#417 » by contract » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:08 pm

Why is this thread still sticky?
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#418 » by KingDavid » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:54 pm

contract wrote:Why is this thread still sticky?

It's been bothering me forever now. I hope I'm not overstepping, but I HAD to release it.
#HEATLifer

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,740

Post#419 » by Wiltside » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:53 am

Honestly didn’t even notice. Too rage fueled with how chit we’ve been.

Thanks for sorting it out KD.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat