ImageImageImage

Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo.

Moderators: MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, BFRESH44, IggieCC, Wiltside

User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,572
And1: 3,230
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#1 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Feb 1, 2021 11:18 am

Spo keep handing Nunn DNP's.

How is Nunn supposed to develop like this?


Kendrick Nunn is/will be a BETTER PLAYER THAN TYLER HERRO.



I'm so done with Spoelstra. Just trade Nunn already so we can see how **** stupid Spo is, when Nunn shows how much of a better ball player he is, than Herro.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
SA37
General Manager
Posts: 9,042
And1: 1,371
Joined: Sep 10, 2002
Location: Basking in the Glory
 

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#2 » by SA37 » Mon Feb 1, 2021 12:14 pm

Finally Nunn is getting some respect on this board...
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 14,439
And1: 26,429
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#3 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Feb 1, 2021 1:19 pm

horrible hot take.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Bourne85
Head Coach
Posts: 7,080
And1: 7,240
Joined: Mar 15, 2014
       

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#4 » by Bourne85 » Mon Feb 1, 2021 7:27 pm

Don’t worry, both will be gone soon enough
User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,087
And1: 8,964
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#5 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Feb 1, 2021 8:44 pm

Weird hill to die on.
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,572
And1: 3,230
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#6 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Feb 1, 2021 9:08 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:Weird hill to die on.


I'm just a fan, I can say whatever I like lol


Spo is an idiot though
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
dolphinatik
Head Coach
Posts: 6,416
And1: 3,093
Joined: Oct 20, 2008
     

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#7 » by dolphinatik » Mon Feb 1, 2021 10:38 pm

I dunno whats up with the DNPS but Nunns play mid to late and early this year was terrible. He is young though and needs time to still develop. I wouldnt say Spo is the best at developing talent and he loves to put vet lineups out there to hope they figure it out.

I do see more though from Drob with his cuts to the basket and finishing at the rim more this year than before. Same for Tyler Herro.

However I feel there are only 1 small few coaches that are teachers where the majority are managers. Spo might be more of the manager type imo.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,087
And1: 8,964
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#8 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Feb 1, 2021 11:42 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Weird hill to die on.


I'm just a fan, I can say whatever I like lol

We’re all fans and we can all say whatever we like. It doesnt change the fact that the real decision makers within the organization value Herro above Nunn, and as someone else pointed out, if push comes to shove both could be shipped out.
abark
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,304
And1: 3,046
Joined: May 21, 2003
Location: Miami
   

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#9 » by abark » Tue Feb 2, 2021 12:41 am

Nunn is 25. Herro just turned 21 less than 2 weeks ago. Where was Nunn at 21?

I agree Nunn getting DNP's is disrespect. But we don't have to tear down a promising young player to acknowledge he deserves more PT.
User avatar
Shewasfly
Analyst
Posts: 3,318
And1: 4,348
Joined: Aug 05, 2014
   

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#10 » by Shewasfly » Tue Feb 2, 2021 2:54 am

What an awful take. Herro is better than Nunn has ever been in basically every part of the game. And he's much younger.
Image
Lemons to lemonade.
MiamiSun
Sophomore
Posts: 174
And1: 253
Joined: Mar 10, 2016
         

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#11 » by MiamiSun » Wed Feb 3, 2021 12:31 am

First of all Spo is a big Nun fan, he wants the best for him so if he is racking up DNP's then there is something going on we do not know about.

I do know that Nunn's Covid test did not come back in time for the last game so he was not able to play, but in general I do think something is going on. Maybe they trying to hide Nunn so they don't have to give him up on a big trade.
eddieheatfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,084
And1: 16,263
Joined: Nov 07, 2014
   

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#12 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Feb 3, 2021 1:27 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Spo keep handing Nunn DNP's.

How is Nunn supposed to develop like this?


Kendrick Nunn is/will be a BETTER PLAYER THAN TYLER HERRO.



I'm so done with Spoelstra. Just trade Nunn already so we can see how **** stupid Spo is, when Nunn shows how much of a better ball player he is, than Herro.
no grumpy that's not true. i'm sorry but i dont share your opinion. herro has a complete basketball IQ for his age while nunn doesnt. he is just one dimensional player at that. he also pretty insecure in his offense

herro he's a junior, only 20 so he can only grow from his mistakes while nunn is already 26-27? nunn is a better passer but is a worse offensive player and his defense is better than herro's but not by much ....
User avatar
insfo
Head Coach
Posts: 6,359
And1: 5,568
Joined: Feb 02, 2005
Location: Ancora Imparo

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#13 » by insfo » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:08 pm

Profile name to hot take mapping is perfect :)

But in all seriousness, would love to see Nunn get some run. And as someone mentioned already, if he's not playing there has to be a reason which we are not aware of. And it's definitely not because Spo doesn't know how to coach/play young talent ... especially after he had the very same Nunn who was an undrafted rookie start on a team that eventually went to the finals last year!
contract
General Manager
Posts: 9,556
And1: 14,846
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#14 » by contract » Thu Feb 4, 2021 12:30 am

insfo wrote:Profile name to hot take mapping is perfect :)

But in all seriousness, would love to see Nunn get some run. And as someone mentioned already, if he's not playing there has to be a reason which we are not aware of. And it's definitely not because Spo doesn't know how to coach/play young talent ... especially after he had the very same Nunn who was an undrafted rookie start on a team that eventually went to the finals last year!

And Spo helped Nunn to a 2nd place finish for the Rookie of the Year award.
:meditate:
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,572
And1: 3,230
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#15 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:44 am

insfo wrote:Profile name to hot take mapping is perfect :)

But in all seriousness, would love to see Nunn get some run. And as someone mentioned already, if he's not playing there has to be a reason which we are not aware of. And it's definitely not because Spo doesn't know how to coach/play young talent ... especially after he had the very same Nunn who was an undrafted rookie start on a team that eventually went to the finals last year!


Nunn got benched and turned into a DNP player last season or did you forget??

Nunn barely got any play in the playoffs either.


Spo is just a knucklehead and Im tired of him
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
User avatar
insfo
Head Coach
Posts: 6,359
And1: 5,568
Joined: Feb 02, 2005
Location: Ancora Imparo

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#16 » by insfo » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:39 pm

A little bout with COVID maybe had something to do with it, or did you forget? :)
User avatar
Beenie
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,968
And1: 3,618
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
 

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#17 » by Beenie » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:58 pm

I like Nunn.

IMO, he should be starting ahead of Herro.

Herro, in the Ginobili role, is where he can be most effective right now.

He and Dragic off the bench together give Mia a talent advantage against the opposing team's bench
abark
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,304
And1: 3,046
Joined: May 21, 2003
Location: Miami
   

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#18 » by abark » Sat Feb 6, 2021 10:44 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
insfo wrote:Profile name to hot take mapping is perfect :)

But in all seriousness, would love to see Nunn get some run. And as someone mentioned already, if he's not playing there has to be a reason which we are not aware of. And it's definitely not because Spo doesn't know how to coach/play young talent ... especially after he had the very same Nunn who was an undrafted rookie start on a team that eventually went to the finals last year!


Nunn got benched and turned into a DNP player last season or did you forget??

Nunn barely got any play in the playoffs either.


Spo is just a knucklehead and Im tired of him

Nunn suffered an achilles injury on January 22 that obviously impacted his play. After the injury he was still receiving playing time. Had plenty of games where he topped 30 min.

But his FG% dropped to 39.4 (in the 23 games post injury) after shooting 46.1 prior to the injury. Then he got Covid and shot 37.5 in his limited run during the playoffs.

It was just a rough stretch of bad luck for Nunn, but he didn't lose playing time for just seemingly no reason at all. He was clearly struggling and not the same player due to multiple issues.

I'm glad it looks like he's back. He's been very valuable when healthy.

But if you are comparing Herro and Nunn as far as long term value, I hope you are considering that Nunn is 4 and a half years older. They were both rookies last year, but Nunn is practically in his prime age-wise (not implying he can't get better). Herro couldn't legally drink until just over 2 weeks ago.
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,572
And1: 3,230
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#19 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sat Feb 6, 2021 11:20 am

abark wrote:But if you are comparing Herro and Nunn as far as long term value, I hope you are considering that Nunn is 4 and a half years older. They were both rookies last year, but Nunn is practically in his prime age-wise (not implying he can't get better). Herro couldn't legally drink until just over 2 weeks ago.


Herro is what he is. He is an inefficient scorer with a career 43% FG, and that will NEVER change. I promise you. He isn't great at defense, and does not have active hands. He isn't great at being a facilitator either. What I see in Herro is a career rotation bench player, who might get starter play on a bad team.


Great players are great as soon as they step on the court. They don't need 5 years to develop.

If they are being given lots of minutes, and they haven't shown you what they got by 2 years in, then you've already seen what they are.


Players can improve, but think back and try to remember any player who legit made a huge leap and became something they never showed before?


Herro is a bench player. That's what he is.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 13,508
And1: 49,770
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#20 » by Wiltside » Sat Feb 6, 2021 11:55 am

Image
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat