ImageImageImage

Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo.

Moderators: MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, BFRESH44, IggieCC, Wiltside

User avatar
Hallstar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,902
And1: 4,152
Joined: Jul 15, 2008
   

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#61 » by Hallstar » Sun May 30, 2021 6:03 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:are we all agreed now?

Nunn is and will be a better player than Herro

Hell no lol.

In fact Herro as a starter put up 17/6/4, better than anybody not named Bam or Butler. His "versatility" is what caused him to be shuffled all over the damn place.
User avatar
Hoops23
General Manager
Posts: 8,465
And1: 1,153
Joined: Jan 15, 2003
Location: City of Angels
   

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#62 » by Hoops23 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:23 am

If Nunn ask for a big contract this off-season, he's gone.
contract
General Manager
Posts: 9,556
And1: 14,846
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#63 » by contract » Tue Jun 1, 2021 10:50 am

Hoops23 wrote:If Nunn ask for a big contract this off-season, he's gone.

It's not what he asks for, it's what he's offered by other teams. Speculation is that Robinson and Nunn will both get offers, but I'm not sure how much cap space teams have available, and how much they are prepared to spend on restricted free agents of that caliber.

Also I wouldn't be too sure that we wouldn't match any offer. Remember the ridiculous offer we matched (4 years - $50 million) just to keep the Nets from poaching Tyler Johnson who wasn't a starter ... and the salary cap was ~ $18 million lower.

We have been known to do dumb things from time to time.
:meditate:
User avatar
Hoops23
General Manager
Posts: 8,465
And1: 1,153
Joined: Jan 15, 2003
Location: City of Angels
   

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#64 » by Hoops23 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:01 am

contract wrote:
Hoops23 wrote:If Nunn ask for a big contract this off-season, he's gone.

It's not what he asks for, it's what he's offered by other teams. Speculation is that Robinson and Nunn will both get offers, but I'm not sure how much cap space teams have available, and how much they are prepared to spend on restricted free agents of that caliber.

Also I wouldn't be too sure that we wouldn't match any offer. Remember the ridiculous offer we matched (4 years - $50 million) just to keep the Nets from poaching Tyler Johnson who wasn't a starter ... and the salary cap was ~ $18 million lower.

We have been known to do dumb things from time to time.

Yeah right, it depends what the market says. Thats where it starts for the Heat. I doubt they will give him much, and for sure they learn in the past with Tyler's contract.
User avatar
marson
Rookie
Posts: 1,063
And1: 919
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
 

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#65 » by marson » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:28 am

Kendrick Nunn is good player but a limited one. Offensively he has no ability or whatsoever to go in the free throw line.
Defensively MEH as well.

He is the perfect backup PG in this league but not a full starter IMO.
User avatar
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,517
And1: 2,992
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
   

Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#66 » by puppa bear » Wed Jun 2, 2021 12:40 pm

Nunn will walk, after signing an offer sheet we’re not prepared to match. He will blow-up there, once he has more of a green light & if he learns how to get to the FT line will become a legit starter.

This is not a mis-management, but just a place where Spo’s methodologies (& the team direction) aren’t in synergy with what the player needs to develop.
User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,090
And1: 8,977
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#67 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:08 pm

puppa bear wrote:Nunn will walk, after signing an offer sheet we’re not prepared to match. He will blow-up there, once he has more of a green light & if he learns how to get to the FT line will become a legit starter.

This is not a mis-management, but just a place where Spo’s methodologies (& the team direction) aren’t in synergy with what the player needs to develop.

I can live with that and I don't blame it on Spo, the team, or anything else. At the end of the day as a 6'1-6'2 pg to me you've got to be one of 3 categories: Steph/Lillard like shooting, CP3/Lowry esque defense and playmaking, or Wall/Fox speed.

16.6, 3.9 ast, 43% FG, 37% 3
17.8 pts 3.2 ast, 49% FG 38% 3

Those are the per 36 numbers for Nunn this past year and another undersized combo guard that this team once matched an offer for. If Nunn goes on to blow up as you say, you congratulate him and pat yourself on the back for giving him a chance to develop in the first place. But I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 13,521
And1: 49,818
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#68 » by Wiltside » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:55 am

Nunn is a goner. He's the first one pulled when Spo wants to make a change, which clearly shows that the trust ain't there.

He's a good story, but he's not what we need. Wherever he ends up, I wish him the best. Could see him in New York or somewhere like that.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 32,117
And1: 116,989
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
     

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#69 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:31 am

Wiltside wrote:Nunn is a goner. He's the first one pulled when Spo wants to make a change, which clearly shows that the trust ain't there.

He's a good story, but he's not what we need. Wherever he ends up, I wish him the best. Could see him in New York or somewhere like that.

I think he tries to get back home to Chicago and becomes the third swing guard off the bench to compliment White and LaVine. Was maybe even hoping for some sort of Nunn and Achuiwa for Markkannen deal.
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 13,521
And1: 49,818
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#70 » by Wiltside » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:54 am

Orlando would also make some sense for Nunn. Still think we should've gone after Bamba at the deadline, he played well for ORL down the stretch.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
SA37
General Manager
Posts: 9,042
And1: 1,371
Joined: Sep 10, 2002
Location: Basking in the Glory
 

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#71 » by SA37 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:08 am

I think Nunn is going to get MLE or near-MLE money for 3 years.

Washington, New Orleans, Denver, Detroit, OKC, and possibly San Antonio would all fit and be places where Nunn could count on getting good minutes off the bench or potentially start.
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 18,494
And1: 15,122
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#72 » by twix2500 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:54 pm

SA37 wrote:I think Nunn is going to get MLE or near-MLE money for 3 years.

Washington, New Orleans, Denver, Detroit, OKC, and possibly San Antonio would all fit and be places where Nunn could count on getting good minutes off the bench or potentially start.
If Nunn is getting the MLE there is no reason not to resign him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
SA37
General Manager
Posts: 9,042
And1: 1,371
Joined: Sep 10, 2002
Location: Basking in the Glory
 

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#73 » by SA37 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:32 pm

twix2500 wrote:
SA37 wrote:I think Nunn is going to get MLE or near-MLE money for 3 years.

Washington, New Orleans, Denver, Detroit, OKC, and possibly San Antonio would all fit and be places where Nunn could count on getting good minutes off the bench or potentially start.
If Nunn is getting the MLE there is no reason not to resign him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


That makes sense if you only consider how much he costs relative to his production. The problem is going to be if Miami can afford to keep him at $9-$11M a season while still re-signing D Robinson at whatever he ends up costing and if Miami adds Lowry or another big name that would presumably put Miami very close to the tax threshold. And then there is the question about Oladipo coming back.

My guess is Miami will not keep Nunn because Spoelstra just doesn’t care for his game and Miami would rather use those minutes to play Robinson, Dragic, Herro, Lowry, and/or Oladipo. I think Miami will use Nunn’s RFA status to push for a S&T where Miami can get a trade exception and a draft pick or rotation player.

There is the outside possibility Miami doesn’t get the offers it wants for Nunn and matches an offer sheet and then looks to move him later on. I just think that scenario is unlikely unless Miami moves Dragic in a trade and/or Miami is unsure about Oladipo returning.
User avatar
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 13,759
And1: 6,031
Joined: Jun 28, 2001
Location: THREE-OH-FIVE - VICE CITY
         

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#74 » by heat4life » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:53 pm

SA37 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
SA37 wrote:I think Nunn is going to get MLE or near-MLE money for 3 years.

Washington, New Orleans, Denver, Detroit, OKC, and possibly San Antonio would all fit and be places where Nunn could count on getting good minutes off the bench or potentially start.
If Nunn is getting the MLE there is no reason not to resign him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


That makes sense if you only consider how much he costs relative to his production. The problem is going to be if Miami can afford to keep him at $9-$11M a season while still re-signing D Robinson at whatever he ends up costing and if Miami adds Lowry or another big name that would presumably put Miami very close to the tax threshold. And then there is the question about Oladipo coming back.

My guess is Miami will not keep Nunn because Spoelstra just doesn’t care for his game and Miami would rather use those minutes to play Robinson, Dragic, Herro, Lowry, and/or Oladipo. I think Miami will use Nunn’s RFA status to push for a S&T where Miami can get a trade exception and a draft pick or rotation player.

There is the outside possibility Miami doesn’t get the offers it wants for Nunn and matches an offer sheet and then looks to move him later on. I just think that scenario is unlikely unless Miami moves Dragic in a trade and/or Miami is unsure about Oladipo returning.


I agree. A team with no draft picks like Miami can't afford to lose a talent like Nunn for nothing unless he gets offered over $20mil per season. For some reason Spo doesn't trust Nunn like the others but Nunn is a rally good offensive player. I mean, 16ppg, can score at all 3 levels. If he only learned to play with contact and draw fouls instead of avoiding them, this wouldn't be a conversation.
Image
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
SA37
General Manager
Posts: 9,042
And1: 1,371
Joined: Sep 10, 2002
Location: Basking in the Glory
 

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#75 » by SA37 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:14 pm

heat4life wrote:
SA37 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:If Nunn is getting the MLE there is no reason not to resign him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


That makes sense if you only consider how much he costs relative to his production. The problem is going to be if Miami can afford to keep him at $9-$11M a season while still re-signing D Robinson at whatever he ends up costing and if Miami adds Lowry or another big name that would presumably put Miami very close to the tax threshold. And then there is the question about Oladipo coming back.

My guess is Miami will not keep Nunn because Spoelstra just doesn’t care for his game and Miami would rather use those minutes to play Robinson, Dragic, Herro, Lowry, and/or Oladipo. I think Miami will use Nunn’s RFA status to push for a S&T where Miami can get a trade exception and a draft pick or rotation player.

There is the outside possibility Miami doesn’t get the offers it wants for Nunn and matches an offer sheet and then looks to move him later on. I just think that scenario is unlikely unless Miami moves Dragic in a trade and/or Miami is unsure about Oladipo returning.


I agree. A team with no draft picks like Miami can't afford to lose a talent like Nunn for nothing unless he gets offered over $20mil per season. For some reason Spo doesn't trust Nunn like the others but Nunn is a rally good offensive player. I mean, 16ppg, can score at all 3 levels. If he only learned to play with contact and draw fouls instead of avoiding them, this wouldn't be a conversation.


Certainly keeping Nunn becomes more likely if Miami misses on Lowry, who is presumably Miami’s #1 target.

Apparently the Knicks have some interest in Nunn. If that is true, I think Miami and New York would entertain a Derrick Rose for Nunn swap (via S&T).

A lot depends on how confident Miami is that Oladipo can make a full return and if the Heat plan to try to move Dragic.

A wild card in all of this is Beal’s situation in Washington. If Beal wanted to try to force his way to Miami, you’d have to think Miami would need a 3rd team to get Washington the kind of draft assets they’d be looking for.

None of above helps Miami address its size issues, but…
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,033
And1: 59,935
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#76 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:03 pm

Check out these two old timers dropping knowledge on us. Nice.
Image
IceColdCubano
Junior
Posts: 462
And1: 1,194
Joined: Jul 05, 2017
       

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#77 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:35 pm

Nun will improve, but based on the fact he doesnt stand out in any one department, hes a forever backup jack of all trades Master of nun!

Return to Miami Heat