ImageImageImage

Heat vs Wizares: 2/3 8PM Welcome Bradley Beal Era

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: Heat vs Wizares: 2/3 8PM Welcome Bradley Beal Era 

Post#421 » by gom » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:47 am

Wiltside wrote:Go into a meeting. Another L.

This one gotta be the worst of the season, and we’ve had some doozy’s.

7 games below .500. Didn’t expect to be here. OKC must be frothing.

pelicans have the pick
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#422 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:52 am

How do we lose to a team without their second best player
OP for NBA FT record
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#423 » by Chalm Down » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:53 am

AirP. wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
contract wrote:We should have gotten slaughtered last season too, but we weren't. You just have to sneak into the playoffs and get hot at the right time.

You really need to put last years fluke Mickey Mouse tournament behind us. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity that will not repeat itself. And on top of that, the East has gotten much better. The Nets have unstoppable offense and when the buyout market kicks off they are a prime landing spot. The Bucs got better, as did 76ers. We literally got WORSE. We lost a key starter in Crowder that drew charges, was able to guard 1-5 and was a consistent 3 ball shooter. We replaced him with Heartless and Bradley. Dragic is a year older and it shows BIG time. Same for Igudala.

It’s not as simple as getting hot anymore. Riley needed to make moves and he didn’t. He made all the wrong moves once again. And his competition all improved significantly.

Game over

So far in 1 1/2 years since adding Butler they've added an aging defender(Iggy), rented a journeyman starting PF in Crowder, rented Hill and signed Bradley and Harkless, During that time same amount of time said no to trading for Westbrook, CP3, Harden and Gallo all because of cap space for 2021 which a good amount disappeared when their own player decided to sign a year early for the max vs waiting a year so the team had more room to sign players. This FO has made a lot of bad assumptions/decisions since acquiring Butler. Did I forget to mention deciding not to trade for Jrue Holiday who would have been another great player next to Butler and Bam?

Go get Oladipo, he's 1 year older then Beal and although he's not as good offensively, he's a good 2 way player who can score. Butler and Bam need an alpha scorer for most of the game since Butler wants to be on cruise control for 3 quarters then try to take over late. Hell, I'd be interested in J.Wall or even Westbrook right now if it cost very little in assets and salary filler.

Westbrook?? I know we suck but we can't just make moves for the sake of making moves either
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#424 » by Chalm Down » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:54 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:How do we lose to a team without their second best player

garrison mathews played tonight
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,858

Post#425 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:54 am

Seems Butler wants more defense, seems odd to say that when 60% of your starting lineup are below average defenders for their position(Herro, Robinson, Olynyk).
Read on Twitter
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#426 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:55 am

OP always loses to the Wizzes. It’s like they’re his ATL but a worse team to lose to
OP for NBA FT record
Michael Doleac
Sophomore
And1: 459

Post#427 » by Michael Doleac » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:43 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:Maybe we want to tank for a high lottery pick? Very few things make sense about this season.

Tank for OKC?

If its top 4 we keep it right? or is it totally unprotected?

I'm not sure if anyone replied about this, but I wanted to know the same thing. What I found is not good. :banghead:

the Heat’s 2021 first-round pick due OKC is unprotected.

The 2023 pick is lottery protected.
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,208

Post#428 » by oreon » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:51 am

AirP. wrote:Seems Butler wants more defense, seems odd to say that when 60% of your starting lineup are below average defenders for their position(Herro, Robinson, Olynyk).
Read on Twitter

Agree, there needs to be more balance. If Beal isn't available Robinson + KO has to be the sacrificial piece to improve to get a two way player either in the PG spot or in the 4. As much as I like Robinson, I'm not looking to pay 18 mil a year for the next 4 years. Might as well get some value for him.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#429 » by contract » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:51 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:We better hope he doesn’t come back and look anything like he did to close that ‘18 season. Trading for a bubble rental of Journeyman Crowder and washed up Iggy, with an aging Dragic as our only pg option :noway:

I think the trade ended up being good for us because of how good Crowder was (even as a rental in the end), but goodness Iggy has not provided much

I miss Winslow's defense more than his ball handling right now

I miss winslow, but it did help us get to the finals-- which you can't beat in terms of value; but we also didn't capitalize on making the Finals, so it's w/e. Thanks for the memories and move on.

You know who else is missing Winslow? Memphis. I don't think I was a fan of the trade at the time, but we may have dodged a bullet there.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#430 » by contract » Thu Feb 4, 2021 6:01 am

AirP. wrote:Seems Butler wants more defense, seems odd to say that when 60% of your starting lineup are below average defenders for their position(Herro, Robinson, Olynyk).
Read on Twitter

That's always our answer because you have a lot more control over your defensive effort than you do over whether the ball drops or not.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,171

Post#431 » by SA37 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:14 am

Read on Twitter

Miami is just pathetic offensively... 82 against Denver, 85 against the Nets, 81 against the Raptors...most teams are getting that in 3 quarters.

Washington is giving up 122ppg and Miami got 100; Miami scored 1 more point in the 2nd half (35) than in the 1st quarter (34).

Miami is currently:

- 26th in ppg

- dead last in FG attempts

- 8th in 3PT attempts but 24th in 3pt FG%

- dead last in rebounding

- 28th in turnovers
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#432 » by Wiltside » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:19 am

We’re just plain awful right now. Nothing else I can say. We don’t defend physically, can’t get buckets, don’t rebound, don’t defend the three AT ALL, turn the ball over regularly and just plain suck.

Bubble fatigue is no excuse. Lakers are doing work. We’re just a bad team that sold a mirage for a couple months.

Time to look in the mirror and have some pride. We’re playing like we don’t give a chit this year.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#433 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:38 am

K. Nunn DNP-COACH'S DECISION
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#434 » by Wiltside » Thu Feb 4, 2021 8:54 am

KNunn wouldn’t have changed chit. He’s awful too.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Mk613
Freshman
And1: 85

Post#435 » by Mk613 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:21 am

Just blow it all up. Keep Bam, Precious and Herro and everyone else is free game to be traded, let walk on FA and released
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#436 » by dean456 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 11:58 am

Mk613 wrote:Just blow it all up. Keep Bam, Precious and Herro and everyone else is free game to be traded, let walk on FA and released

If we trade Jimmy Butler after he just took us to the finals say goodbye to any hope of another top 20 player joining this team in the near future. If you are upset how we are losing right now you will be miserable if Jimmy is not here.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,081

Post#437 » by Bourne85 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 12:25 pm

dean456 wrote:
Mk613 wrote:Just blow it all up. Keep Bam, Precious and Herro and everyone else is free game to be traded, let walk on FA and released

If we trade Jimmy Butler after he just took us to the finals say goodbye to any hope of another top 20 player joining this team in the near future. If you are upset how we are losing right now you will be miserable if Jimmy is not here.

Yup. I didn’t want Jimmy here, always said he isn’t the whale that we needed. BUT, he wanted to come here, forced his way here, and yea he isn’t the best or a superstar but he’s def a heat type player and now we are basically stuck with him til he demands a trade. Trading him without his permission is team suicide, no top player would trust us. “Culture” would become a meme n a joke.

Jimmy Bam DRob (hopefully at 12mil not 20) are here to stay imo. Precious Herro Nunn Kelly Leanord Dragic are the trade baits
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#438 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Feb 4, 2021 1:52 pm

Bourne85 wrote:
dean456 wrote:

Yup. I didn’t want Jimmy here, always said he isn’t the whale that we needed. BUT, he wanted to come here, forced his way here, and yea he isn’t the best or a superstar but he’s def a heat type player and now we are basically stuck with him til he demands a trade. Trading him without his permission is team suicide, no top player would trust us. “Culture” would become a meme n a joke.

Jimmy Bam DRob (hopefully at 12mil not 20) are here to stay imo. Precious Herro Nunn Kelly Leanord Dragic are the trade baits

“Culture” is a meme joke we just need to admit that just like when we say we are a “family”. Talent is what is needed. I’m not pro or against trading Butler but if we dont get a major influx of talent i expect him to start having “issues” like his history has shown.

Also just for perspective, the Clipppers traded Blake like what a month after he resigned, after they made posters banners for him and they have Kawhi and PG-13 (which in the playoffs well lol ) but he is a good regular season player. Its all about location and we are in a great location.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,782

Post#439 » by al bondiga » Thu Feb 4, 2021 2:17 pm

Hiding is not the answer
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,858

Post#440 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:03 pm

SA37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Miami is just pathetic offensively... 82 against Denver, 85 against the Nets, 81 against the Raptors...most teams are getting that in 3 quarters.

Washington is giving up 122ppg and Miami got 100; Miami scored 1 more point in the 2nd half (35) than in the 1st quarter (34).

Miami is currently:

- 26th in ppg

- dead last in FG attempts

- 8th in 3PT attempts but 24th in 3pt FG%

- dead last in rebounding

- 28th in turnovers

This situation is 100% because the FO wanted cap space for 2021, it's why CP3 wasn't brought in... CP3, Butler, Robinson, Bam? It's the reason Iggy wasn't traded for(he wanted a 3 year deal), and it's part of the reason they said no to Harden. This FO could have gotten offense but didn't. Deciding not to go past 2021 in contracts really limited what this FO was willing to do.

Also, maybe letting a scorer like Herro just be a scorer like he was in the first half vs him being a facilitator like he was in the second half.

Return to Miami Heat