ImageImageImage

Heat vs Wizares: 2/3 8PM Welcome Bradley Beal Era

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,723

Re: Heat vs Wizares: 2/3 8PM Welcome Bradley Beal Era 

Post#401 » by Chalm Down » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:51 am

Kobewade11 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:can we trade iggy for broken back winslow

We better hope he doesn’t come back and look anything like he did to close that ‘18 season. Trading for a bubble rental of Journeyman Crowder and washed up Iggy, with an aging Dragic as our only pg option :noway:

I think the trade ended up being good for us because of how good Crowder was (even as a rental in the end), but goodness Iggy has not provided much

I miss Winslow's defense more than his ball handling right now
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#402 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:52 am

carnageta wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Drafting a backup Center at 20. Wow

Lol don't worry, we said the same thing about Bam.

Being sarcastic. I love Precious. Organization or Spo only play him as a backup Center.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 8,997

Post#403 » by Bourne85 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:53 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
balla345 wrote:If the heat want to save the season they need to make a trade asap if they really care because this roster right now is not going to cut it. even someone like aldrige will make a huge difference

Other than Aldrige who can we trade for, what would the Spurs want for him?

Aldridge isn’t the answer. But to answer your question, they will want one of Herro Or Drob. Basically any team that we want to trade with is going to ask for one of them and possibly precious.

A contender might ask for Dragic but I don’t think he can be traded yet
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#404 » by contract » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:53 am

Bourne85 wrote:
Dmcdani6 wrote:I know its a little early, but we may not make the playoffs haha...eek

Normally I would agree, but the teams in front of us are jokes. 7th and 8th seed are easily up for grabs. We’re only 2 games back of 8th.

But what’s the point? If we don’t make any upgrades we are going to get slaughtered by Bucs/Nets/76ers

We should have gotten slaughtered last season too, but we weren't. You just have to sneak into the playoffs and get hot at the right time.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#405 » by contract » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:55 am

I hate to say it but Winny is a poor man's Iggy.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#406 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:57 am

Bourne85 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
balla345 wrote:If the heat want to save the season they need to make a trade asap if they really care because this roster right now is not going to cut it. even someone like aldrige will make a huge difference

Other than Aldrige who can we trade for, what would the Spurs want for him?

Aldridge isn’t the answer. But to answer your question, they will want one of Herro Or Drob. Basically any team that we want to trade with is going to ask for one of them and possibly precious.

A contender might ask for Dragic but I don’t think he can be traded yet

Exactly. Any trade discussions begin with Herro, Duncan, and Achuiwa. Then you can talk about Iggy and KO as fillers.
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,054

Post#407 » by oreon » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:59 am

contract wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
Dmcdani6 wrote:I know its a little early, but we may not make the playoffs haha...eek

Normally I would agree, but the teams in front of us are jokes. 7th and 8th seed are easily up for grabs. We’re only 2 games back of 8th.

But what’s the point? If we don’t make any upgrades we are going to get slaughtered by Bucs/Nets/76ers

We should have gotten slaughtered last season too, but we weren't. You just have to sneak into the playoffs and get hot at the right time.

Seriously ? We can talk about teams on paper all we want but what matters is results. Last season they earned the right to the finals and could have won if not for injuries.
They are in a bad patch but once we get in fans seems to loose all faith in the organization.
We all know why they weren't aggressive this offseason, they wanted a shot at Giannis. Majority were okay with approach. Clearly it hasn't worked but that's the risk you take.
The FO will figure it out. I expect there will be changes by the trade deadline and if not, next offseason.
Apart from having Lebron, there's no guarantee to making the finals. And the FO and Spo deserve some faith because of what they accomplished last season.
Bourne85
General Manager

Post#408 » by Bourne85 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:59 am

contract wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:

You really need to put last years fluke Mickey Mouse tournament behind us. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity that will not repeat itself. And on top of that, the East has gotten much better. The Nets have unstoppable offense and when the buyout market kicks off they are a prime landing spot. The Bucs got better, as did 76ers. We literally got WORSE. We lost a key starter in Crowder that drew charges, was able to guard 1-5 and was a consistent 3 ball shooter. We replaced him with Heartless and Bradley. Dragic is a year older and it shows BIG time. Same for Igudala.

It’s not as simple as getting hot anymore. Riley needed to make moves and he didn’t. He made all the wrong moves once again. And his competition all improved significantly.

Game over
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#409 » by dean456 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:01 am

Feel like we need to stop with the dribble hand off now. It was working last season but this season it feels like its far less effective. We are a better shooting team when we are attacking the paint relentlessly.

In the 2nd half we stopped attacking the paint and shot 5 of 23 from 3pt range. In the first half when we were attacking the paint a lot and we shot 7/12 from 3.
Bourne85
General Manager

Post#410 » by Bourne85 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:02 am

Giannis strung us all along. Delayed his decision and Crowder wasn’t gonna sit around and wait. Riley gambled and he lost plain and simple. Giannis played it exactly right. Weakened his competition and they got stronger
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,919

Post#411 » by carnageta » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:06 am

dean456 wrote:Feel like we need to stop with the dribble hand off now. It was working last season but this season it feels like its far less effective. We are a better shooting team when we are attacking the paint relentlessly.

In the 2nd half we stopped attacking the paint and shot 5 of 23 from 3pt range. In the first half when we were attacking the paint a lot and we shot 7/12 from 3.

Exactly. Why the heck are we settling for so many three's?

Spo's too analytical sometimes.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#412 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:06 am

Bourne85 wrote:Giannis strung us all along. Delayed his decision and Crowder wasn’t gonna sit around and wait. Riley gambled and he lost plain and simple. Giannis played it exactly right. Weakened his competition and they got stronger

We had Butler wait until he get hurt to scream guard me @#@#$ and then we act shocked that he doesnt sign here?

dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#413 » by dean456 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:07 am

Bourne85 wrote:Giannis strung us all along. Delayed his decision and Crowder wasn’t gonna sit around and wait. Riley gambled and he lost plain and simple. Giannis played it exactly right. Weakened his competition and they got stronger

Was thinking this too. Feels like Giannis and the Bucks played us for fools so they could pick up Holiday and announce his extension as soon as we couldn't make any moves to improve.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#414 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:12 am

This frickin OP
OP for NBA FT record
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#415 » by Bishop45 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:14 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

We better hope he doesn’t come back and look anything like he did to close that ‘18 season. Trading for a bubble rental of Journeyman Crowder and washed up Iggy, with an aging Dragic as our only pg option :noway:

I think the trade ended up being good for us because of how good Crowder was (even as a rental in the end), but goodness Iggy has not provided much

I miss Winslow's defense more than his ball handling right now

I miss winslow, but it did help us get to the finals-- which you can't beat in terms of value; but we also didn't capitalize on making the Finals, so it's w/e. Thanks for the memories and move on.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
El Alonzo scowl
Starter
And1: 5,361

Post#416 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:16 am

Cut Kelly. **** scrub can't even pull down a rebound with no one around him.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#417 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:19 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:This frickin OP

Spoiler:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#418 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:24 am

El Alonzo scowl wrote:Cut Kelly. **** scrub can't even pull down a rebound with no one around him.

that bothered me to no end. he had so much energy chucking up 27 footers with men's in his face but his legs gave out like a baby deer on a crucial rebound with no one around lmao

it's been noted by many (maybe many me) but he's taking a lot of bad 3s. I don't care if it's in his rhythm or how he shoots it, we don't need him just jacking up 3 after 3 in transition esp. when he's not even squared up to the 3 point line. :x augh

I guess he's going out with a bang. good luck getting a new contract ttyl
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,299

Post#419 » by Wiltside » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:39 am

Go into a meeting. Another L.

This one gotta be the worst of the season, and we’ve had some doozy’s.

7 games below .500. Didn’t expect to be here. OKC must be frothing.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,174

Post#420 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:43 am

Bourne85 wrote:
contract wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:

You really need to put last years fluke Mickey Mouse tournament behind us. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity that will not repeat itself. And on top of that, the East has gotten much better. The Nets have unstoppable offense and when the buyout market kicks off they are a prime landing spot. The Bucs got better, as did 76ers. We literally got WORSE. We lost a key starter in Crowder that drew charges, was able to guard 1-5 and was a consistent 3 ball shooter. We replaced him with Heartless and Bradley. Dragic is a year older and it shows BIG time. Same for Igudala.

It’s not as simple as getting hot anymore. Riley needed to make moves and he didn’t. He made all the wrong moves once again. And his competition all improved significantly.

Game over

So far in 1 1/2 years since adding Butler they've added an aging defender(Iggy), rented a journeyman starting PF in Crowder, rented Hill and signed Bradley and Harkless, During that time same amount of time said no to trading for Westbrook, CP3, Harden and Gallo all because of cap space for 2021 which a good amount disappeared when their own player decided to sign a year early for the max vs waiting a year so the team had more room to sign players. This FO has made a lot of bad assumptions/decisions since acquiring Butler. Did I forget to mention deciding not to trade for Jrue Holiday who would have been another great player next to Butler and Bam?

Go get Oladipo, he's 1 year older then Beal and although he's not as good offensively, he's a good 2 way player who can score. Butler and Bam need an alpha scorer for most of the game since Butler wants to be on cruise control for 3 quarters then try to take over late. Hell, I'd be interested in J.Wall or even Westbrook right now if it cost very little in assets and salary filler.

Return to Miami Heat