ImageImageImage

Sunken Szn restarts now, Heat @ Golden St., Wednes, Feb.17th

dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Re: Sunken Szn restarts now, Heat @ Golden St., Wednes, Feb.17th 

Post#361 » by dean456 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:56 am

AirP. wrote:Bazemore had 26 points on 10 of 19 shooting. It's amazing how much Herro and Robinson just lost him or let him do whatever he wanted.

I wonder if I should just start posting this horrific defense. Look how much room Tyler's man had.

I don't blame them for these possessions the problem is our team construction not the decisions they are making. That is our defensive system we just don't have the guys that work in that system because they don't cover enough ground as a unit.

Miami's defense thrives off having long, mobile, versatile wings filling out the roster helping each other, being disruptive and forcing guys into tough passes or shots on defense and when you put Tyler, Robinson and Olynyk out there they can't make the rotations and recover in time because they either aren't mobile or long enough defensively. Miami can get away hiding 2 of these guys but when its 3 or even 4 then you are getting scored on every possession.

When they let Crowder and DJJr walk last offseason I knew this was going to be an issue for us.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,832

Post#362 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:58 am

OK... THIS IS THE ONE I'M PISSED AT... THIS IS WHY THIS TEAM ISN'T WINNING.

The good, tight game and Robinson is contesting the layup from Bazemore.

The bad, Robinson is done with the play, Bazemore is not.

The ugly, Robinson is still out of bounds watching Bazemore not only getting back into the action but tipping the ball in for 2 more points. LOOK WHERE ROBINSON IS AND LOOK WHERE BAZEMORE IS.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#363 » by gom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:22 am

AIrP is right about Robinson in the above slide. This is why so many teams passed on him. If he's not hitting 7 3's a night, he may not even be a positive player.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,896

Post#364 » by HeatingUp3 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:40 am

Jimmy had 0 FT attempts.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,161

Post#365 » by SA37 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 am

How does Adebayo not get 40 against a team whose tallest player is 6'7? How does Adebayo only get 5 rebounds against a team whose tallest player is 6'7? How does Butler player 40 minutes without getting a free throw attempt?

Miami only shot 12 free throws as a team. That to me shows a complete lack of aggressiveness.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#366 » by Hallstar » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:25 am

AirP. wrote:This ended up being a 3 after a pass in the corner then pass to Bazemore. One defender looks to be flat footed, not looking like he's on defense and not moving into a better defensive position based on what is happening. Usually defenders try to position themselves to see the play happening and the guy they may need to defend, not Tyler, he's staring at the ball.

So if that's Tyler's man in the corner, who's guarding the player top of the key? This is the ridiculous criticism. You're using a still show supposed breakdowns.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,990

Post#367 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:26 am

SA37 wrote:How does Adebayo not get 40 against a team whose tallest player is 6'7? How does Adebayo only get 5 rebounds against a team whose tallest player is 6'7? How does Butler player 40 minutes without getting a free throw attempt?

Miami only shot 12 free throws as a team. That to me shows a complete lack of aggressiveness.
this is a good question but he had foul trouble later on because he was committing silly fouls

he should have dominated from the start, their defense was weak.meh, this team
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#368 » by dean456 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:34 am

SA37 wrote:How does Adebayo not get 40 against a team whose tallest player is 6'7? How does Adebayo only get 5 rebounds against a team whose tallest player is 6'7? How does Butler player 40 minutes without getting a free throw attempt?

Bam was in foul trouble and taken out through the game and never really got a good rhythm. He should have had more regardless but when guys like Herro have 15 rebounds then I'm not really concerned about Bam's final numbers.

I was more frustrated with Bam's effort on the glass in overtime. On one possession he was just watching the rest of the guys fight for a rebound while starting to run down the other end which led to a putback and another he contested a shot and was walking around the guys on the bench while Bazemore got another putback. I'd like to see him more regularly show a kind of anger for getting rebounds like other guys in the league do, start taking it personally that you don't grab every rebound.

But reality is Bam can't do it by himself. He needs another big so he doesn't have to guard the perimeter and finish every defensive possession as well.

Robinson on the other hand had no business being on the floor in the overtime his play was god awful, defense was no where to be seen he made no second efforts and often looked lost in our offensive sets. Usually Spo is quick to pull guys who aren't giving him effort but he was pretty lost as well at the end of that game.

We need more 3 and D wings that are long enough to work in our defensive system, Robinson, Herro and Kelly just doesn't cut it. People scoff at Rudy Gay but I think he would be much more effective for us both defensively and offensively. He may not be the same one on one defender he was anymore but in our system he'd be more than an upgrade over Kelly playing 25-30mpg.
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#369 » by dean456 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:35 am

eddieheatfan wrote:

this is a good question but he had foul trouble later on because he was committing silly fouls

he should have dominated from the start, their defense was weak.meh, this team

Yeah Bam was cooking them through stretches of this game but every time he went on a run he got another foul and was forced to sit.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#370 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:44 pm

QUIZ wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:I would not be opposed to anyone being traded from this team except Bam and Yimmy. This team needs some serious work.

For who tho? I’m not seeing the move that’s available now even if we blow it up

I’m just a fan. This is why Heat management gets paid the big bucks. They need to figure it out. Getting a big would be a start. Re-signing Leonard was a foreseeable blunder and is a hole they need to dig out of.
OP for NBA FT record
AirP.
RealGM

Post#371 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:11 pm

Hallstar wrote:
AirP. wrote:This ended up being a 3 after a pass in the corner then pass to Bazemore. One defender looks to be flat footed, not looking like he's on defense and not moving into a better defensive position based on what is happening. Usually defenders try to position themselves to see the play happening and the guy they may need to defend, not Tyler, he's staring at the ball.

So if that's Tyler's man in the corner, who's guarding the player top of the key? This is the ridiculous criticism. You're using a still show supposed breakdowns.

Really, omg REALLY? Do you think Herro is in the right place for this particular play on defense or even engaged on the defensive end? He's staring at the ball with 2 guys parked behind him on defense. At worst he should be a couple of feet back where he knows where the guy at the top of the arc is which would also allow him to get to the guy in the corner quicker and under control. For instance, look at Nunn's positioning in the same defense, he's taken away the cross court pass and can see the other offensive player at the top of the arc in the corner of his eye WHILE watching where the ball is. I can't even image how frustrating it is for Bam, Butler or even Iggy to work their asses off playing defense to watch all these bad defenders(definitely not just Herro) just give the offense an easy out. It's just about simple positioning...
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#372 » by Sgt P » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:38 pm

So we have lost our defense intensity ( lost quick & long defenders ) to shooting the 3 Ball. So we will adjust or make a patch work collage? waiting on trade deadline.
oh I miss them boyz 90's dredhead and skinny Kermit(Jae Crowder & Derrick Jones)
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
Orangey
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#373 » by Orangey » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:55 pm

This is on Spo, the opposing team scores more than you do when Bam is on the floor and Bam scored a ton yesterday. The minutes where Bam anchors the defense need to be won. They should have force fed Bam in the low post the entire 4th quarter, win or lose at least your are playing the correct odds against such small defenders.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#374 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:40 pm

gom wrote:AIrP is right about Robinson in the above slide. This is why so many teams passed on him. If he's not hitting 7 3's a night, he may not even be a positive player.

Duncan's shooting last year was great and his ORTG-DRTG was up there with Bam's at +9 but this year he's -9 which is in line with what he did in his limited rookie time.

He's still a very good 3pt shooter, .415 so far this year but that's nowhere near .470 like last year which is a difference of 15-18 points per 100 possessions. Teams have enough film of him to know how to slow him up and that's all they need to do to make him a negative overall player by not giving him the shots he likes.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,778

Post#375 » by al bondiga » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:52 pm

As bad as last night lost was, there is a good thing to be said about getting jerked and knowing who you are ...come on in heat, now is the time to start reacting and try to make the playoffs
gom

Post#376 » by gom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:16 pm

Orangey wrote:This is on Spo, the opposing team scores more than you do when Bam is on the floor and Bam scored a ton yesterday. The minutes where Bam anchors the defense need to be won. They should have force fed Bam in the low post the entire 4th quarter, win or lose at least your are playing the correct odds against such small defenders.

yes!!! I was shocked the Heat were taking lower percentage shots instead of just pounding inside. So frustrating, right?
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#377 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:27 pm

HeatingUp3 wrote:Jimmy had 0 FT attempts.

Butler being Butler.

Honestly I thought we won the game so I stopped watching and today I see we lost. We need a trade seriously. Also what are the odd Butler starts having "issues" with the organization?
gom

Post#378 » by gom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:34 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
HeatingUp3 wrote:Jimmy had 0 FT attempts.

Butler being Butler.

Honestly I thought we won the game so I stopped watching and today I see we lost. We need a trade seriously. Also what are the odd Butler starts having "issues" with the organization?

Butler seems happy:

Read on Twitter

Nobody likes to lose every night though. Butler had the chance to win and did not, so, there is that.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,377

Post#379 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:40 pm

AirP. wrote:Bazemore had 26 points on 10 of 19 shooting. It's amazing how much Herro and Robinson just lost him or let him do whatever he wanted.

I wonder if I should just start posting this horrific defense. Look how much room Tyler's man had.

thats the **** defense called zone defense, which Spoelstra implements so often, we have such **** man to man defenders that i can not even blame the guy. There is no way we are going to accomplish anything worthy without having good or at least decent defenders in the perimeter as well as down, closer to the Rim. With those assets we can make some noise despite having Spo as a coach.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,377

Post#380 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:42 pm

He loves staring at the ball, same thing happened when a midget from the Celtics, jumped right in front of him and tipped the ball, giving them the win with no time left.

Return to Miami Heat