ImageImageImage

Sunken Szn restarts now, Heat @ Golden St., Wednes, Feb.17th

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,365

Re: Sunken Szn restarts now, Heat @ Golden St., Wednes, Feb.17th 

Post#381 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:55 pm

AirP. wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
AirP. wrote:This ended up being a 3 after a pass in the corner then pass to Bazemore. One defender looks to be flat footed, not looking like he's on defense and not moving into a better defensive position based on what is happening. Usually defenders try to position themselves to see the play happening and the guy they may need to defend, not Tyler, he's staring at the ball.

So if that's Tyler's man in the corner, who's guarding the player top of the key? This is the ridiculous criticism. You're using a still show supposed breakdowns.

Really, omg REALLY? Do you think Herro is in the right place for this particular play on defense or even engaged on the defensive end? He's staring at the ball with 2 guys parked behind him on defense. At worst he should be a couple of feet back where he knows where the guy at the top of the arc is which would also allow him to get to the guy in the corner quicker and under control. For instance, look at Nunn's positioning in the same defense, he's taken away the cross court pass and can see the other offensive player at the top of the arc in the corner of his eye WHILE watching where the ball is. I can't even image how frustrating it is for Bam, Butler or even Iggy to work their asses off playing defense to watch all these bad defenders(definitely not just Herro) just give the offense an easy out. It's just about simple positioning...

In my opinion the problem reflected in this picture originates way before, as you can see i believe Steph has the ball, he already burned two heat defenders, i mean not one but two players already trailing a single player, as a domino effect this will without a doubt result in either an open shot by the defenders collapsing in the paint, a foul or a score. We need to find good perimeter defenders, we can not continue playing such horrible defensive guys and expect the other team not to kill us with open threes.

Return to Miami Heat