ImageImageImage

MIami Heat (11-17) @ Sacramento Kings (12-15). Feb 18, 2021, 10 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,323

Re: MIami Heat (11-17) @ Sacramento Kings (12-15). Feb 18, 2021, 10 PM EST 

Post#141 » by AirP. » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:38 pm

abark wrote:
AirP. wrote:
abark wrote:I'm saying there's too many lineups where he's required to playmake for others due to lack of quality playmakers at guard.

Not saying he needs someone to create a shot for him

No... he could just be gunning most of the time, it would be the best option most of the time. He's the guy with the ability to score 20+ efficiently and without much effort since he's got a very good stroke from the outside.

We agree there. He was completely misused to start the year. He's being used much better now, and I want him focusing on scoring even more too.

Our lack of playmakers at pg (Nunn is good, but a scorer) is a factor in why Spo tried the point-Herro experiment. Take it up w him and Riley, not me

I don't think Miami needs a normal PG and I don't think Dragic is just a PG, to me he's a combo guard, a scoring playmaker.

I think what Herro has been told told and what how he interpreted and does/did are two different things but who knows. I usually tell early on when Herro starts to do something if he's looking to score or not and if it's also a blown possession(he doesn't shoot and doesn't put a teammate in a good position). It's really hard to be a very good team and develop a younger player at the same time and Miami is leaning on multiple younger players.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#142 » by gom » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:34 pm

Kings wanted to win this badly. Fans are tired of Sacramento not making the postseason. Both 2005 & 2006 were first-round exits. You gotta go back to 2004 for any playoff happiness for the Kings.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#143 » by abark » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:20 am

AirP. wrote:
abark wrote:
AirP. wrote:No... he could just be gunning most of the time, it would be the best option most of the time. He's the guy with the ability to score 20+ efficiently and without much effort since he's got a very good stroke from the outside.

We agree there. He was completely misused to start the year. He's being used much better now, and I want him focusing on scoring even more too.

Our lack of playmakers at pg (Nunn is good, but a scorer) is a factor in why Spo tried the point-Herro experiment. Take it up w him and Riley, not me

I don't think Miami needs a normal PG and I don't think Dragic is just a PG, to me he's a combo guard, a scoring playmaker.

I think what Herro has been told told and what how he interpreted and does/did are two different things but who knows. I usually tell early on when Herro starts to do something if he's looking to score or not and if it's also a blown possession(he doesn't shoot and doesn't put a teammate in a good position). It's really hard to be a very good team and develop a younger player at the same time and Miami is leaning on multiple younger players.

Agree, and I see the same thing. I don't like that his 3 point rate is much lower this year. I get his % isn't great, but we know he can shoot. That's the key to him being an efficient scorer bc he doesn't get to the line a lot.

He needs to play like the scorer he is and let it fly. Herro's playmakimg ability when he draws attention should be a bonus. Not a first option.

Return to Miami Heat