ImageImageImage

Heat at hornets - Friday March 26th 8pm

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Re: Heat at hornets - Friday March 26th 8pm 

Post#441 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:15 am

Im not buying the Bam is a star in the making stuff until he brings it every night. Stars are the all the time guys, and right now he’s just a some of the time kinda guy. An Al Horford type if you will. Not a bad player, but not the top 10 player he could be if he had a different mentality.
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#442 » by Majestic7 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:17 am

Are Dumpo, Blojob and maybe Lawashed really going to turn this mess around?
Losing streak rolls on. Oof. Indy & Boston win, Heat slide into the 9th seed spot.

JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#443 » by JLop » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:29 am

dean456 wrote:Just want to point out to the Ariza haters here that he gave us 14pts, 9rebs, 5ast, 2stls, 2blks in his 4th game back since more than a year ago. Give him time and he will be a valued contributor here.

I share your opinion and I am happy with Ariza's progression.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#444 » by dean456 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:43 am

The thing about Bam is you guys expect him to have the same trajectory as other superstars in the league. Bam came into the league raw as hell on the offensive end. I am more than happy with where he's at for his 2nd year as a starter with starter mins. People are just way too impatient when it comes to some players.

Do I wish he was further along? Sure, but to throw in the towel and say he's never going to be anything is just way over the top.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,306

Post#445 » by Beenie » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:17 am

dean456 wrote:You telling me with a straight face that if you polled every NBA fan who they'd prefer on their team right now between Draymond Green and Bam Adebayo even in their primes, they'd choose Green?... Keep in mind Green is past his prime and Bam is still no where near his.

Draymond has proven himself year in and year out on championship level teams to be a reliable high level contributor. I think informed observers recognize his contributions and would favor him over Bam. As great of a defender as Bam is, Draymond has been better, imo. He's also a better ball hander and passer than Bam is. These are the areas of Bam's game that are considered to be his strengths.

The thing about Bam is you guys expect him to have the same trajectory as other superstars in the league. Bam came into the league raw as hell on the offensive end. I am more than happy with where he's at for his 2nd year as a starter with starter mins. People are just way too impatient when it comes to some players.

Do I wish he was further along? Sure, but to throw in the towel and say he's never going to be anything is just way over the top.

I don't expect superstardom for Bam. Never have.

There are those in the community that have been pushing that narrative. The hometown community in general has an inflated perspective for the hometown players. Bam has been given monikers that, imo, simply don't apply such a "whale" and "no ceiling". Those type of expectations I view to be an over calculation to put it gently. The max contract also factors in.

For the record, this Point of view about Bam doesn't mean that I think he sucks or that I don't like him. I happen to like him very much. Seems like any criticism of Bam is met with vitriolic fury by his most ardent supporters.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#446 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:25 am

dean456 wrote:The thing about Bam is you guys expect him to have the same trajectory as other superstars in the league. Bam came into the league raw as hell on the offensive end. I am more than happy with where he's at for his 2nd year as a starter with starter mins. People are just way too impatient when it comes to some players.

Saying someone isnt a star ≠ saying they arent going to ever be anything. We can have honest critique without the melodramatic hyperbole.
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#447 » by MadD23 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:45 am

dean456 wrote:Just want to point out to the Ariza haters here that he gave us 14pts, 9rebs, 5ast, 2stls, 2blks in his 4th game back since more than a year ago. Give him time and he will be a valued contributor here.

The Ariza haters don't know anything about basketball. Ariza by the time the playoffs come, will be a key player for us. Similar to what Crowder was but with championship type experience.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#448 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:45 am

Beenie wrote:
dean456 wrote:You telling me with a straight face that if you polled every NBA fan who they'd prefer on their team right now between Draymond Green and Bam Adebayo even in their primes, they'd choose Green?... Keep in mind Green is past his prime and Bam is still no where near his.

Draymond has proven himself year in and year out on championship level teams to be a reliable high level contributor. I think informed observers recognize his contributions and would favor him over Bam. As great of a defender as Bam is, Draymond has been better, imo. He's also a better ball hander and passer than Bam is. These are the areas of Bam's game that are considered to be his strengths.

I don't expect superstardom for Bam. Never have.

There are those in the community that have been pushing that narrative. The hometown community in general has an inflated perspective for the hometown players. Bam has been given monikers that, imo, simply don't apply such a "whale" and "no ceiling". Those type of expectations I view to be an over calculation to put it gently. The max contract also factors in.

For the record, this Point of view about Bam doesn't mean that I think he sucks or that I don't like him. I happen to like him very much. Seems like any criticism of Bam is met with vitriolic fury by his most ardent supporters.

The expectation I have for Bam is consistency. With Yimmy, you know what you’re getting every night and that’s what your featured players are for. Bam finds ways to contribute even when he’s not scoring, which is great, but we still don’t know what he is going to bring to team night in and out.

A large portion of that falls on Spo for poor game planning. Spo has done a terrible job of game planning in March. If he were to be rated I would say bottom 5 this month. But Bam also needs to find ways to bring his game to the point that teams don’t have a solution to shut him down. This would open up the game plan for other players to thrive and win more games.
OP for NBA FT record
EMC5466
Rookie
And1: 2,358

Post#449 » by EMC5466 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:12 am

Dmcdani6 wrote:
balla345 wrote:So dragic coming back from the retirement home or what?

Drgaic must be pretty banged up. He really cant seem to stay healthy much this year.

We need to move on from him next year.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#450 » by dean456 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:21 am

Kobewade11 wrote:
dean456 wrote:The thing about Bam is you guys expect him to have the same trajectory as other superstars in the league. Bam came into the league raw as hell on the offensive end. I am more than happy with where he's at for his 2nd year as a starter with starter mins. People are just way too impatient when it comes to some players.

Saying someone isnt a star ≠ saying they arent going to ever be anything. We can have honest critique without the melodramatic hyperbole.

Funny, this is what I was thinking.

Beenie and others were saying Bam's just a role player. There's a pretty big gap between being a role player and being a star. Robinson is a role player. His role is to shoot and that's all he does. Nunn is a role player, his role is to score and he doesn't do much more than that. 3 and D guys are role players.

Bam doesn't just do one thing. Bam doesn't just rebound, he doesn't just defend the paint or just perimeter players, or just set up guys and run the offense or just score buckets he does all those things. Just because he doesn't score 20+pts every single game doesn't mean he's a role player and that he's not going to continue growing and become more than he is.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#451 » by Slot Machine » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:28 am

What’s disappointing about Bam is that when his performances are underwhelming, it’s almost always due to his mental approach, and not his skill set. I don’t mind if the skills aren’t there yet since he’s young, but his passiveness is concerning.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#452 » by SA37 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:44 am

Iguodala: 20 mins, 0 points.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#453 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:26 am

I think Bam has more potential than he shows. This is why i have publicly given him criticism. It's not that i don't think he can be this or that...... i actually do think he can be greater & as far as i'm concerned he can be our whale.

The inconsistency is absolutely a mindset thing. Mindset is what separates the great from the average & the weak. I do think we paid him too early. I'd like to see more hunger on a nightly basis - Not a sometime thing. That doesn't cut it! What is he waiting for. Take away that bag & watch what happens.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,119

Post#454 » by twix2500 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:21 am

Just now watching this game finishing the 1st quarter. Man Terry Rozier has gotten really good. And Monk is skunking Herro

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,879

Post#455 » by HeatingUp3 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:30 am

Just finished watching the game. It sucks. We were so good going on a winning streak and now we look like sht. Gotta find a way to bounce back. It's a wired season and I'd be fine with us finishing 5th or 6th seed. After Dipo, Belly and maybe LMA join the ride We gonna be much better. Spo have to find away to get this team rolling. No way you go down by 30 to this Hornets team.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,958

Post#456 » by carnageta » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:59 am

balla345 wrote:Cant wait for this defensive lineup of
DIpo
Butler
Iguadala
Ariza
Bam

Good defense but no rebounding. Opponent would get too many easy offensive outback’s
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,958

Post#457 » by carnageta » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:59 am

balla345 wrote:Cant wait for this defensive lineup of
DIpo
Butler
Iguadala
Ariza
Bam

Good defense but no rebounding. Opponent would get too many easy offensive outback’s
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,119

Post#458 » by twix2500 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:41 am

Just finished the 2nd. I feel bad for Ariza. They running him through the ringer to get in shape. He looks gasped out there. They gonna have to give his old bones a few days off when everyone returns

SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#459 » by SA37 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:59 am

twix2500 wrote:Just now watching this game finishing the 1st quarter. Man Terry Rozier has gotten really good. And Monk is skunking Herro

Rozier is a heck of a player.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,750

Post#460 » by greg4012 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:06 pm

Beenie wrote:
al bondiga wrote:
Beenie wrote:

He's overrated.

It's not a popular opinion around here.

Truth is that he's a really good role player.

All the whale/ no ceiling nonsense is homerism.
come on man you are better than this ...bam is not even close to being just a role player, he may be a very long way from the best player in the nba, but remember that he is still young

I'm of the opinion that Draymond Green is a role player. A great one. But he can never be the best player on a contending team much less a playoff team.

Bam is Mia's version of Green. And he's not as good as Green is.

Expectations are just inflated by the home team and their fans.

You know what Draymond was doing when he was Bam's age? Averaging 6-5-2 with 40% shooting and good defense

Return to Miami Heat