ImageImageImage

CAVALIERS at HEAT - Saturday, April 3 8:00 PM

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,526

Re: CAVALIERS at HEAT - Saturday, April 3 8:00 PM 

Post#261 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:45 am

insfo wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Looks like he said one of the magic words to the female ref. Was not happy about previous blocking call.
Got it. It went from tough call, to hit the ball away from his face, to the showers all kinds if quick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Nope, I think he punched the ball in the general direction of that ref, who took exception to it. Seemed harmless enough on TV, but who knows how it felt on the floor when you think a punched ball is coming right at you.

You guys got a baller in Sexton though. Dude does not have any quit in him!

That’s right he did do something with the ball but was probably also being a little mouthy after what he deemed a poor call with the blocking foul. Game was almost over so just an early trip to showers.
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#262 » by Majestic7 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:47 am

Another win, although the Cavs really suck. GG OP!! The next 5 games are going to be a real test for this Heat team.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#263 » by jbk1234 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:55 am

insfo wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Looks like he said one of the magic words to the female ref. Was not happy about previous blocking call.
Got it. It went from tough call, to hit the ball away from his face, to the showers all kinds if quick.

Nope, I think he punched the ball in the general direction of that ref, who took exception to it. Seemed harmless enough on TV, but who knows how it felt on the floor when you think a punched ball is coming right at you.

Just out of curiosity, what would you guys trade for Sexton? I'm legitimately curious as to his value around the league.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#264 » by gom » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:09 am

jbk1234 wrote:You guys have any more info on the Garland ejection than what was on TV?

What I saw was that Garland, who was upset, knocked the ball away and it had the misfortune of being in the direction of the referee who called a tech 2. In any case, Cavs really impressed me. They are missing their best players in the front court and fought hard. Sexton is a star. Brilliant.

I like Sexton about the same as Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. He is a very good player.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
gom

Post#265 » by gom » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:13 am

jbk1234 wrote:
insfo wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Got it. It went from tough call, to hit the ball away from his face, to the showers all kinds if quick.

Just out of curiosity, what would you guys trade for Sexton? I'm legitimately curious as to his value around the league.

I like Sexton a lot, but Miami needs a power forward more. And one reason Miami is a good team is its consistency (like Dragic). Dragic plays so well with Butler and Adebayo. He makes the other players better too.

Also, I disagree with Panda. Garland and Sexton can play together. Give them time! :-)
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#266 » by Sactowndog » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:14 am

I thought you all would line Bjeli. Dude is a high IQ player. Kings fans disliked him because if he gets isolated, he can be taken off the dribble but with Bam behind him it’s less of a concern. His 3 point shooting can be streaky. Wait till he settles in and gets on a hot streak from 4 ft behind the 3 point line.
gom

Post#267 » by gom » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:16 am

Sactowndog wrote:I thought you all would line Bjeli. Dude is a high IQ player. Kings fans disliked him because if he gets isolated, he can be taken off the dribble but with Bam behind him it’s less of a concern. His 3 point shooting can be streaky. Wait till he settles in and gets on a hot streak from 4 ft behind the 3 point line.

Yeah, he's great! You guys should give Chris Silva a chance though. 4 minutes in 2 games?
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,526

Post#268 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:29 am

gom wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
insfo wrote:

I like Sexton a lot, but Miami needs a power forward more. And one reason Miami is a good team is its consistency (like Dragic). Dragic plays so well with Butler and Adebayo. He makes the other players better too.

Also, I disagree with Panda. Garland and Sexton can play together. Give them time! :-)

I like my backcourts more traditional. Feel like Garland and Sexton are a bit too small for me together. Then you compound that with a smallish SF in Okoro at 6’5. You have 6’1 175, 6’1 190, and 6’5 220. That’s too small imo.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#269 » by Sactowndog » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:46 am

gom wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:I thought you all would line Bjeli. Dude is a high IQ player. Kings fans disliked him because if he gets isolated, he can be taken off the dribble but with Bam behind him it’s less of a concern. His 3 point shooting can be streaky. Wait till he settles in and gets on a hot streak from 4 ft behind the 3 point line.

Yeah, he's great! You guys should give Chris Silva a chance though. 4 minutes in 2 games?

We are trying to make the play-offs but will end up with a late lottery pick instead. Tough being the worst franchise in the last couple decades.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,129

Post#270 » by twix2500 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:06 am

AirP. wrote:Spoelstra just mentioned Oladipo still hasn't had a practice with the team.

Also, isn't it not seeing Miami having to go to the zone all the time?

Read on Twitter

Likely will have practice after todays game. I think they have two days off now. I think a lot of people think NBA teams practice a lot.
vanhowell
Senior
And1: 687

Post#271 » by vanhowell » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:32 am

4th Win in a row!! Great team effort and chemistry. It’s definitely great seeing everyone contribute and knows their roles in the team.

Let’s get that 4th seed! Let’s Go Heat :clap:
To succeed, attitude is equally as important as ability.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,098

Post#272 » by TroubleS0me » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:55 am

why is Nunn not playing?
Spo does this to him too often...
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#273 » by SA37 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:34 am

jbk1234 wrote:
insfo wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Got it. It went from tough call, to hit the ball away from his face, to the showers all kinds if quick.

I don't think Miami has the assets to offer anything the Cavs could be interested in; I also don't think Sexton is the type of player Miami would go after, especially given where Miami is currently.

The big issue in finding a valuation for Sexton is that that there are already so many really good point guards in the league. I mean, is Sexton really any better than Terry Rozier, De'Aaron Fox, Malcolm Brogdon, Dennis Schroeder, D'Angelo Russell, or Dajounte Murray?

I don't think Sexton has a franchise-changing skillset but, like the guys listed above, he can be a really effective player on the right team.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,578

Post#274 » by fishfuego. » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:09 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Gg and good win. On to the nxt. Hopefully Oladip finds his O

Not bad Bourne...”ladip finds his O”... I can see the headlines :thinking:
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#275 » by Hallstar » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:36 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:why is Nunn not playing?

Only so many minutes, should've been expected
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Post#276 » by CanesHeatFins » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:00 am

:noway:
TroubleS0me wrote:why is Nunn not playing?

He's by far our least appreciated player, he definitely doesn't deserve the yo yo treatment he always gets. It's been obvious to me for awhile that he's not in the team's long term plans.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,129

Post#277 » by twix2500 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:47 pm

Nunn had an ankle injury, he will play. Spo likely has a plan for him. Same with Okpala. Right now they are trying to speed up the implementation process of Oladipo and Ariza.

Return to Miami Heat