ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3

Moderators: MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, BFRESH44, IggieCC, Wiltside

User avatar
Beenie
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,974
And1: 3,635
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1482 » by Beenie » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:47 am

Kobewade11 wrote:Thinking out loud if the Kings would entertain a multi player package for Fox with Herro as the center piece. If we make any moves via trade he’s the only asset with value (im operating under the assumption the FO doesn’t have the desire to move Jimmy or Bam)


Fox is an interesting name.

With Haliburton’s emergence, it’s not entirely unfathomable that Sac resets with him as their primary ball-handler and face of the franchise and moves off of Fox.
User avatar
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 32,117
And1: 116,989
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
     

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1483 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:42 am

Dc__20 wrote:I’ll sound silly but is there anyway of sacrificing all of our future assets for either

Lillard or

Both Westbrook and Beal

All of our future assets are locked up for the most part. We only have one pick eligible to be traded in the next 7 drafts. A 2024 second rounder. Pick swaps are possible but most of these teams will just keep going down the line until they find a suitor with better assets. Right now our only trade-able young asset is Herro and I don’t even think his value is that high as some may think. Probably still worth more to us. One trade that could make some sense is a S&T with Dallas for Dragic’s one year expiring opt in with Herro attached for Tim Hardaway Jr if he wants to force his way here in free agency.
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 18,494
And1: 15,122
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1484 » by twix2500 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:39 am

HerroBalls wrote:Can someone please remind me why the ****ing **** we didn’t trade for Chris Paul?
Because you all on the board told Pat not to trade Winslow

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
_GH0ST_
Ballboy
Posts: 25
And1: 46
Joined: Mar 28, 2021
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1485 » by _GH0ST_ » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:01 am

Can John Wall be cheap this summer?
contract
General Manager
Posts: 9,556
And1: 14,846
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1486 » by contract » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:16 am

_GH0ST_ wrote:Can John Wall be cheap this summer?

Houston would be happy to give him away. He's over 30, a shell of himself, and injured again. Wall hasn't played more than 41 games in a season in 4 calendar years.
:meditate:
_GH0ST_
Ballboy
Posts: 25
And1: 46
Joined: Mar 28, 2021
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1487 » by _GH0ST_ » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:47 am

contract wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:Can John Wall be cheap this summer?

Houston would be happy to give him away. He's over 30, a shell of himself, and injured again. Wall hasn't played more than 41 games in a season in 4 calendar years.


I know he is a risky player, but our options are very limited. we need a pack of FRP for a better player and a superstar volunteering for us.

If there is a possibility that it will come with sign and trade, this option should not be ignored. There should be at least the 2nd plan.
User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,090
And1: 8,977
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1488 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:48 am

twix2500 wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:Can someone please remind me why the ****ing **** we didn’t trade for Chris Paul?
Because you all on the board told Pat not to trade Winslow

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yea thats why they didn’t trade for Paul, some guys on a message board told them not to do it..smh you’re better than this
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,033
And1: 59,935
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1489 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:57 am

_GH0ST_ wrote:Can John Wall be cheap this summer?


You decide.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/john-wall-6882/
Image
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,033
And1: 59,935
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1490 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 2, 2021 12:13 pm

HerroBalls wrote:I don't want to blow it up.. but if we do.......

Jimmy to Golden State for Wiggins, Wiseman, a future protected pick and what we will call pick 7

Resign Duncan on a big 3 year deal (let's call it 3/75, making him an expiring the year Wiggins is up)

Sign Lauri Markannen, TJ McConnell, Geoges Niang and Oladipo on a prove it deal (off bench when healthy)

Find a way to move up using 7, the future pick and KZ to get to 4 to get Jalen Suggs or Jalen Green


The GSW trade actually makes sense for both teams. It gained some positive response on the T&T board. I'm sure GSW fans would trade 7 and 14 and Wiseman for Butler without second guessing it. This is a top four draft (Cade, Mobley, Suggs, Green). GSW's picks at the moment aren't great. If a trade could be made and either of those picks moves up, then the trade gets a whole lot more reasonable for Miami. Also, Wiseman isn't that much of a fan favorite for GSW fans, from what I've read.

The most I would resign Duncan for is 3 years/$45 million. No more. Definitely couldn't pay him $30 million more. I'd go Otto Porter over him without a second thought if the asking price goes too high. Duncan is extremely one dimensional and teams abuse him regularly.

Lauri might make sense for this team if they want to try the Olynyk style experience again. I'd rather have a real banger at 7 feet, rather than an outside shooter.

I don't see any team trading for the 7th pick if they have a top four pick. Other than GSW, the rest of those teams are rebuilding, and looking for a real star.
Image
contract
General Manager
Posts: 9,556
And1: 14,846
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1491 » by contract » Wed Jun 2, 2021 12:26 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:
contract wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:Can John Wall be cheap this summer?

Houston would be happy to give him away. He's over 30, a shell of himself, and injured again. Wall hasn't played more than 41 games in a season in 4 calendar years.


I know he is a risky player, but our options are very limited. we need a pack of FRP for a better player and a superstar volunteering for us.

If there is a possibility that it will come with sign and trade, this option should not be ignored. There should be at least the 2nd plan.

I think this is strictly a no go. To whatever extent he's an upgrade over Nunn, he comes with a massive superstar salary.

'21-'22: $44,310,840
'22-'23: $47,366,760

That's triple or quadruple per year what we'd have to pay Nunn. That's way way too much for his level of production and his health status.
:meditate:
User avatar
BenoUdrihFTL
General Manager
Posts: 7,939
And1: 16,706
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
Location: Wish.com customer support
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1492 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:22 pm

Blazers can't even beat a crippled Nugs team with the worst starting backcourt in playoff history and Lillard going off for 55 on 97% TS lol, might be time to blow things up in Portland. Perhaps one or some of CJ, Nurkic, RoCo, Powell (player option) could be had

If we could talk Portland into Bam + DRob S/T + filler for CJ + Nurkic + RoCo that would be something interesting to consider

C - Nurkic
F - Covington
F - Butler
G - McCollum
G - Lowry?

Not even sure if that's cap-feasible but it would make for a very balanced lineup with an intriguing ceiling to ride out the Butler window, health permitting
1.61803398874989484820458683436563811772030917980576286
2135448622705260462818902449707207
204189391137484754088
0753868917521
26633862
22353
693
User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,090
And1: 8,977
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1493 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:45 pm

BenoUdrihFTL wrote:Blazers can't even beat a crippled Nugs team with the worst starting backcourt in playoff history and Lillard going off for 55 on 97% TS lol, might be time to blow things up in Portland. Perhaps one or some of CJ, Nurkic, RoCo, Powell (player option) could be had

If we could talk Portland into Bam + DRob S/T + filler for CJ + Nurkic + RoCo that would be something interesting to consider

C - Nurkic
F - Covington
F - Butler
G - McCollum
G - Lowry?

Not even sure if that's cap-feasible but it would make for a very balanced lineup with an intriguing ceiling to ride out the Butler window, health permitting


This isnt a contending team and they wouldn’t be fun to watch at all. They might have been able to take a game against the Bucks this year, two would be a stretch.
User avatar
BenoUdrihFTL
General Manager
Posts: 7,939
And1: 16,706
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
Location: Wish.com customer support
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1494 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:00 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
BenoUdrihFTL wrote:Blazers can't even beat a crippled Nugs team with the worst starting backcourt in playoff history and Lillard going off for 55 on 97% TS lol, might be time to blow things up in Portland. Perhaps one or some of CJ, Nurkic, RoCo, Powell (player option) could be had

If we could talk Portland into Bam + DRob S/T + filler for CJ + Nurkic + RoCo that would be something interesting to consider

C - Nurkic
F - Covington
F - Butler
G - McCollum
G - Lowry?

Not even sure if that's cap-feasible but it would make for a very balanced lineup with an intriguing ceiling to ride out the Butler window, health permitting


This isnt a contending team and they wouldn’t be fun to watch at all. They might have been able to take a game against the Bucks this year, two would be a stretch.

I rate a healthy Nurkic to be about on par with Bam, RoCo far better than Ariza, Lowry far better than Nunn, CJ far better than DRob. It would be a substantial improvement on both ends of the floor. Good enough to contend? Can't say for sure either way since that's dependent on the rest of the league, but we're in a pretty bad spot right now with few options to get better and the timeline fits with Butler's window. And since we're about to invest $180 in Butler it would be foolish to continue any kind of youth movement at this point at the expense of win-now moves. I'm not saying this trade in particular has to happen, but if we're going all-in on Butler's window then we need to start surrounding him with legitimate starting-caliber positive impact NBA players

*None of it matters tho if Butler has begun some steep decline. Call me an optimist but I happen to think he might've actually been injured at the end of the season and that, coupled with exhaustion and the culmination of a ridiculously frustrating season in general, is what produced that 1st round ****show
1.61803398874989484820458683436563811772030917980576286
2135448622705260462818902449707207
204189391137484754088
0753868917521
26633862
22353
693
SA37
General Manager
Posts: 9,042
And1: 1,371
Joined: Sep 10, 2002
Location: Basking in the Glory
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1495 » by SA37 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:16 pm

I don't see any scenario where Miami trades Adebayo or Butler.

Some of you are talking about trading Butler for a high draft pick, but Riley hates the Draft and does everything in his power to avoid having to pick in it. Plus, with Miami's draft picks potentially compromised over the next few years, it doesn't seem to make sense to plan a rebuild through the Draft at this point. At any rate, rebuilding through the Draft has always been unpalatable to Riley and he has spent his career trying to make Miami a winning, relevant franchise. Trading Butler would run contrary to that.

Just like Miami making the Finals didn't make Miami an elite team, losing in the 1st round to the Bucks doesn't make Miami a perennial 6-8 seed that will get bounced from the first round.
User avatar
Flash4thewin
General Manager
Posts: 9,275
And1: 3,941
Joined: Jan 27, 2006

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1496 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:16 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:I don't want to blow it up.. but if we do.......

Jimmy to Golden State for Wiggins, Wiseman, a future protected pick and what we will call pick 7

Resign Duncan on a big 3 year deal (let's call it 3/75, making him an expiring the year Wiggins is up)

Sign Lauri Markannen, TJ McConnell, Geoges Niang and Oladipo on a prove it deal (off bench when healthy)

Find a way to move up using 7, the future pick and KZ to get to 4 to get Jalen Suggs or Jalen Green


The GSW trade actually makes sense for both teams. It gained some positive response on the T&T board. I'm sure GSW fans would trade 7 and 14 and Wiseman for Butler without second guessing it. This is a top four draft (Cade, Mobley, Suggs, Green). GSW's picks at the moment aren't great. If a trade could be made and either of those picks moves up, then the trade gets a whole lot more reasonable for Miami. Also, Wiseman isn't that much of a fan favorite for GSW fans, from what I've read.

The most I would resign Duncan for is 3 years/$45 million. No more. Definitely couldn't pay him $30 million more. I'd go Otto Porter over him without a second thought if the asking price goes too high. Duncan is extremely one dimensional and teams abuse him regularly.

Lauri might make sense for this team if they want to try the Olynyk style experience again. I'd rather have a real banger at 7 feet, rather than an outside shooter.

I don't see any team trading for the 7th pick if they have a top four pick. Other than GSW, the rest of those teams are rebuilding, and looking for a real star.


No way Golden state makes that trade. Now if its Butler and Bam, i can see them pulling the trigger.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
Posts: 6,416
And1: 3,093
Joined: Oct 20, 2008
     

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1497 » by dolphinatik » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:24 pm

you giving Jimmy Butler 45 mil/year? I vote no
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
ThaFranchize84
Junior
Posts: 326
And1: 106
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
     

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1498 » by ThaFranchize84 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:25 pm

SA37 wrote:I don't see any scenario where Miami trades Adebayo or Butler.

Some of you are talking about trading Butler for a high draft pick, but Riley hates the Draft and does everything in his power to avoid having to pick in it. Plus, with Miami's draft picks potentially compromised over the next few years, it doesn't seem to make sense to plan a rebuild through the Draft at this point. At any rate, rebuilding through the Draft has always been unpalatable to Riley and he has spent his career trying to make Miami a winning, relevant franchise. Trading Butler would run contrary to that.

Just like Miami making the Finals didn't make Miami an elite team, losing in the 1st round to the Bucks doesn't make Miami a perennial 6-8 seed that will get bounced from the first round.

100% agree on this. Riley ain’t about that rebuilding. He will retool this summer. Let Riles work. Everyone is overreacting to a team that was just in the finals. Let this team get their legs back under them. It is not coincidence that our best player against the Bucks was the guys with the freshest legs (Dedmon). Riley will go after Lowry who can set the table for Herro, Robinson and take the pressure off Jimmy and Bam to set up the offense. I don’t think everyone realizes how much a true PG changes the dynamic of this team. Get Lowry, resign Duncan, resign Dipo for cheap, bring back Ariza (for the Iggy role) and Dedmon and find a cheap big front court partner for Bam (Portis, Thies, etc.). I really don’t think we are that far off. We just were tired.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,033
And1: 59,935
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1499 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:53 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:I don't want to blow it up.. but if we do.......

Jimmy to Golden State for Wiggins, Wiseman, a future protected pick and what we will call pick 7

Resign Duncan on a big 3 year deal (let's call it 3/75, making him an expiring the year Wiggins is up)

Sign Lauri Markannen, TJ McConnell, Geoges Niang and Oladipo on a prove it deal (off bench when healthy)

Find a way to move up using 7, the future pick and KZ to get to 4 to get Jalen Suggs or Jalen Green


The GSW trade actually makes sense for both teams. It gained some positive response on the T&T board. I'm sure GSW fans would trade 7 and 14 and Wiseman for Butler without second guessing it. This is a top four draft (Cade, Mobley, Suggs, Green). GSW's picks at the moment aren't great. If a trade could be made and either of those picks moves up, then the trade gets a whole lot more reasonable for Miami. Also, Wiseman isn't that much of a fan favorite for GSW fans, from what I've read.

The most I would resign Duncan for is 3 years/$45 million. No more. Definitely couldn't pay him $30 million more. I'd go Otto Porter over him without a second thought if the asking price goes too high. Duncan is extremely one dimensional and teams abuse him regularly.

Lauri might make sense for this team if they want to try the Olynyk style experience again. I'd rather have a real banger at 7 feet, rather than an outside shooter.

I don't see any team trading for the 7th pick if they have a top four pick. Other than GSW, the rest of those teams are rebuilding, and looking for a real star.


No way Golden state makes that trade. Now if its Butler and Bam, i can see them pulling the trigger.


:lol:

Why would two allstar level players only get you a 7 pick, a 14 pick and Wiseman? GSW wins that trade in a massive landslide.

I'd say your valuation of those picks is way off. They only become interesting if they jump into the top four. Only then does a trade of Butler only become balanced.
Image
User avatar
Flash4thewin
General Manager
Posts: 9,275
And1: 3,941
Joined: Jan 27, 2006

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1500 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:16 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
The GSW trade actually makes sense for both teams. It gained some positive response on the T&T board. I'm sure GSW fans would trade 7 and 14 and Wiseman for Butler without second guessing it. This is a top four draft (Cade, Mobley, Suggs, Green). GSW's picks at the moment aren't great. If a trade could be made and either of those picks moves up, then the trade gets a whole lot more reasonable for Miami. Also, Wiseman isn't that much of a fan favorite for GSW fans, from what I've read.

The most I would resign Duncan for is 3 years/$45 million. No more. Definitely couldn't pay him $30 million more. I'd go Otto Porter over him without a second thought if the asking price goes too high. Duncan is extremely one dimensional and teams abuse him regularly.

Lauri might make sense for this team if they want to try the Olynyk style experience again. I'd rather have a real banger at 7 feet, rather than an outside shooter.

I don't see any team trading for the 7th pick if they have a top four pick. Other than GSW, the rest of those teams are rebuilding, and looking for a real star.


No way Golden state makes that trade. Now if its Butler and Bam, i can see them pulling the trigger.


:lol:

Why would two allstar level players only get you a 7 pick, a 14 pick and Wiseman? GSW wins that trade in a massive landslide.

I'd say your valuation of those picks is way off. They only become interesting if they jump into the top four. Only then does a trade of Butler only become balanced.


I see it more like Golden State is in a position of power here and it’s a buyers market. If we are trading Butler it means we didn’t give him his extension and he will be very vocal and force the issue. So it’s more of pennies on the dollar than valuing the picks.

Considering we don’t owe our picks for the foreseeable future it makes more sense to sign him to an extension.

The bigger issue is making enough substantial changes so Butler will want to stay here and we can compete. I’m not saying we will win a ring but to at least make it past the first round. That means a a serious overhaul of the team. Also let’s hire the best assistants money can buy to help Spo.

Return to Miami Heat