ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#641 » by twix2500 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:40 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:This roster needs an overhaul next year. No band aid fixes. Do everything to get Beal. Load up with bigs that can play with Bam and get rid of the ones currently on roster that can’t. Resign Dipo on the cheap if possible if he passes our medical. Resign Duncan and Nunn to fair deals. Resign Ariza to come off bench as SF/PF. Explore trading Herro,Achuiwa, Okpala, future picks with attached contracts of team options of Iguodala and Dragic for any star player that’s available.
I highly doubt the Heat can acquire Bradley Beal.

A player I think the Heat should seriously look at is Buddy Hield. I think Hield can flourish under Spo. And I think Kings would listen. I think Hield can be the level of player that we hope Dipo would be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#642 » by Wiltside » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:41 pm

twix2500 wrote:Can Kendrick Nunn develop into a peak Goran Dragic level of player?

Nope. I don’t see it. Gogi at his peak was a third team All NBA player and a borderline All Star. Nunn ain’t got that kinda ceiling.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#643 » by gom » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:45 pm

twix2500 wrote:A player I think the Heat should seriously look at is Buddy Hield. I think Hield can flourish under Spo. And I think Kings would listen. I think Hield can be the level of player that we hope Dipo would be.

The crap defense will make us all ill.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#644 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:50 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:This roster needs an overhaul next year. No band aid fixes. Do everything to get Beal. Load up with bigs that can play with Bam and get rid of the ones currently on roster that can’t. Resign Dipo on the cheap if possible if he passes our medical. Resign Duncan and Nunn to fair deals. Resign Ariza to come off bench as SF/PF. Explore trading Herro,Achuiwa, Okpala, future picks with attached contracts of team options of Iguodala and Dragic for any star player that’s available.
I highly doubt the Heat can acquire Bradley Beal.

A player I think the Heat should seriously look at is Buddy Hield. I think Hield can flourish under Spo. And I think Kings would listen. I think Hield can be the level of player that we hope Dipo would be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Duncan and Nunn will take the the best deals, a fair deal is what the market values them at. No one will sign a cheap deal or pull a UD and play until hes 40 to break even on his pay cut.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,445

Post#645 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:51 pm

very low on our chances to win any series unless Dipo magically comes back strong.

We have decent (not great) overall talent but below average scoring\shooting talent - and that's simply Wo'nt work in todays NBA.

PS - Spo really underachieved this year, he didn't maxamize the meh ceilling this team had.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#646 » by twix2500 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:56 pm

gom wrote:
twix2500 wrote:A player I think the Heat should seriously look at is Buddy Hield. I think Hield can flourish under Spo. And I think Kings would listen. I think Hield can be the level of player that we hope Dipo would be.

The crap defense will make us all ill.
Like I said he would flourish under Spo.I expect him to excel in both sides of the ball under Spo. He is not physically incapable of being a good defender. I think there is untapped potential

Sent from my Google Pixel Slate using Tapatalk
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,857

Post#647 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:57 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Spoiler:
AirP. wrote:Decided to look at some combos since I said Dragic and Herro is one of the worst bench backcourts in the league. I lean heavy towards Herro still being the issue, not so much Dragic.

BBRef only shows the top 10 players in the combos, so some may be missing.

Dragic and Herro are -11.7 per 100 possessions but who's the issue?

Looking at Dragic's 2 man combos, he is only negative with Herro, KZ and Precious, everyone else is a positive with him.
Herro's 2 man combos, he is only positive with Butler and Olynyk, everyone else he is -2.4 per 100 possessions or worse.

Looking at Miami's 2 best players.
Butler is +2.4 or higher with everyone but 2 negatives, KZ and Iggy.
Bam is negative with only 3 players, Vincent, Herro, and Strus.

2 of the newer players...
Ariza is positive with everyone but Precious, Vincent and Herro.
Dedmon, a monster with most +16.3 per 100 with everyone but 2 players who he's negative with... Herro and Strus.

I thought Herro was an issue, didn't expect it to be this bad.
Dedmon isn't "great" but he fills in a need for Miami, a big who knows his role and with that is excelling on this small ball team. Makes me wonder what an average big man who played as a big could do for Miami.

Or he's the player asked to do a different thing on offense every game. Herro's game has to turn on or off depending on which version of Bam and Butler show up for the night.

Different thing every game? Not quite, has it had changed since going back to the bench? Sure, but that was earlier in the season where he's went back to his same role as last year for the most part.

Also, teams now have enough video of him where they have a better idea of how to take away or limit the moves and shots he likes.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#648 » by HIF » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:17 pm

AirP. wrote:
HIF wrote:
Spoiler:
AirP. wrote:It indicates that he's a negative on the court with nearly everyone on his team, so he doesn't fit on this team? His ORTG is 11 points below league average and he's seen as a "scorer" and even his TS% is bad, it's actually worse then Harkless' was with the Heat. Think about that some, worse offensive efficiency then Harkless that nobody wanted on the court.

And yes, I think he's bad at this point. He's skilled for his age, has a nice shot yet makes his team worse on the court, a team that begs for offense.

His on/off for Miami this year is -7.9
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2021/on-off/

It indicates he's a sophomore with little to no off season/pre season.

Stop putting the guy down. He's a heat.

I should change my opinion on him because he's with Miami? Sorry, I don't go down that homerism route anymore.

That's not what I said. I said you shouldn't spend your time knocking your own players. You seem to spend your life looking at stats to knock players and the FO of the team you support. Herro is an excellent player and I'm sure you'll have disappeared from the board in a couple of years when he is showing everyone in the world.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#649 » by NBADraft2003 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:38 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:very low on our chances to win any series unless Dipo magically comes back strong.

We have decent (not great) overall talent but below average scoring\shooting talent - and that's simply Wo'nt work in todays NBA.

PS - Spo really underachieved this year, he didn't maxamize the meh ceilling this team had.

Really, there’s only so much he can do. This season sucks ass, not just from this team’s perspective but league wide. Very short offseason, no summer league, no real preseason, no real training camp, injuries, COVID, trash schedule. Spo, the players, and the front office haven’t been great but it is what it is at this point. I have no faith in this team to do damage in the postseason, I’ll believe it when I see it. Not interested in watching Jimmy bust his ass just to lose in the first round or the play-in game. We get the exact SAME responses to every lost while nothing changes and even our wins feel like losses.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,995

Post#651 » by carnageta » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:45 pm

NBADraft2003 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:very low on our chances to win any series unless Dipo magically comes back strong.

Really, there’s only so much he can do. This season sucks ass, not just from this team’s perspective but league wide. Very short offseason, no summer league, no real preseason, no real training camp, injuries, COVID, trash schedule. Spo, the players, and the front office haven’t been great but it is what it is at this point. I have no faith in this team to do damage in the postseason, I’ll believe it when I see it. Not interested in watching Jimmy bust his ass just to lose in the first round or the play-in game. We get the exact SAME responses to every lost while nothing changes and even our wins feel like losses.

Jimmy plays hard but he’s not the only one who busts his ass lol. Bam probably has it even tougher because he’s out there trying to cover for all the midgets on his team because the coaching staff refuses to play bigger.

6’8” tall, 200 pounds Trevor Ariza isn’t a viable 4 at the college level, let alone the NBA.
carnageta
Veteran

Post#652 » by carnageta » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:46 pm

Imagine if Gabe Vincent had Nunn’s offensive game, or if Nunn had Vincent’s defensive tenacity and IQ. Man, now that would be a player..
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,857

Post#653 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:54 pm

HIF wrote:
AirP. wrote:
HIF wrote:
Spoiler:

It indicates he's a sophomore with little to no off season/pre season.

Stop putting the guy down. He's a heat.

I should change my opinion on him because he's with Miami? Sorry, I don't go down that homerism route anymore.

That's not what I said. I said you shouldn't spend your time knocking your own players. You seem to spend your life looking at stats to knock players and the FO of the team you support. Herro is an excellent player and I'm sure you'll have disappeared from the board in a couple of years when he is showing everyone in the world.

My own players? The team I support? I follow the Heat currently, nothing I do or say will change anything the team does. I enjoy watching hard working teams who seem to care about winning or losing way more then just a local team. Currently I'm following Jimmy Butler and Tom Thibodeau because I like the type of basketball they usually produce. I understand mindlessly rooting for a team and it's players but that's not something I've ever done.

I don't hate Herro, he has some nice abilities but I'm also being realistic about what he brings to the team. He's just one of those players I'd utilize as a scoring 6th man, being able to throttle his minutes if he's not being a positive on the court.

On disappearing from this board when Herro is showing everyone maybe but I also won't be back if I've been proven correct. I fought with Timberwolves fans about Wiggins being bad for 2 years(right after he scored 23 a game at age 21) and didn't go back to say I told you so when they finally moved him. For Miami's sake I hope Herro does become great because the future isn't looking too good right now. It's quite possible after 2 more seasons Miami's best 3 players will be Bam, Robinson and Herro unless everything works out with Oladipo who will be 31 by then.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,561

Post#654 » by Slot Machine » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:56 pm

This season feels like it’s headed toward an embarrassing play-in elimination. Hope I’m wrong.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#655 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:16 pm

The Beal train has left the station. He has to actually want a trade for there to even be a chance and with Washington playing themselves into the play in scenario, that's not going to happen. A trade/signing of a true star player this offseason is unlikely imo, the play will be to re-sign RFA's, Oladipo if his health checks out OK, get a real summer for the guys and go into the season with tradeable assets for the next disgruntled player.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#656 » by Shootit » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Overachieved last year and underachieving this year.

Guys in slumps, some working on consistency issues, rotation issues(IMO) and injuries have really put a damper on this season.

Still into it, but already looking towards 21-22 season. Maybe cause the NFL draft is this week
carnageta
Veteran

Post#657 » by carnageta » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Slot Machine wrote:This season feels like it’s headed toward an embarrassing play-in elimination. Hope I’m wrong.

Hope you’re right.

Don’t want a repeat of the same thing next year. We need to learn the hard way sometimes
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Post#658 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Moe Wagner signs with Magic for rest of season
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#659 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:02 pm

Slot Machine wrote:This season feels like it’s headed toward an embarrassing play-in elimination. Hope I’m wrong.

Play in elimination followed by beating the odds and getting a top pick. Only to remember we don’t own our pick, that’s our season in a nutshell
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,596

Post#660 » by marson » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:19 pm

The combination of short off season + early covid issues + injuries + new players really messed our team cohesion and felt like we still don't have a stretch of good games yet (maybe in the playoffs lol)

If we enter play-in, we just got to win 1 out of 2 games as a 7th seed right? lol

Return to Miami Heat