ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3

Moderators: Wiltside, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, IggieCC

User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,892
And1: 8,522
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#721 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:41 pm

Wiltside wrote:I think we probably need to understand that Lowry is likely coming here. If nothing else but to keep Jimmy happy.

Tbf he does help on the court, and we could line up his expiry with Jimmy to open up some big cap space in 2023. Just seems like such a long way away, and by that time Jimmy will probably be on the downhill slide.

If he isn't taking a major hair cut he can take what's left of his talents elsewhere, Jimmy will have to get over it.
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 22,560
And1: 11,234
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#722 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:30 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Spoiler:
AirP. wrote:
MadD23 wrote:
Right because you are ignoring the fact that Herro is not the one starting along the best offensive and defensive players on the team. Herro is playing with Dragic, a bunch of no ones who can't score and maybe one or two good defenders. But then again, Duncan doesn't have that problem. That's why I said he needed to play with better defenders to hide his weaknesses. At the moment his negative has more to do with the lineups he is playing than him as a player.


That's your logic? At no time while you were writing that did it occur to you that he's also going against bench players and should be feasting on the lesser players? I'm going to go out on a limb and say moving any one of the current starters to the bench that they would become more efficient scorers going against the other team's bench more often then the starters. I just don't see how a player's offense should get worse from playing against starters to bench players and interesting enough, Herro is one of the least efficient offensive players on the bench.

So why do other non starters seem more efficient then Herro?
Just looking at TS%
Strus .594
Dragic .553
Precious .549
Harkless .540
Herro .529

How about ortg?
Strus 113
Precious 106
Dragic 104
Harkless 104
Iggy 103
Herro 101
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2021.html

Herro not being with the starters are making him miss open 3s? League average is 36.6%
Wide Open 3s, not so much 32.7% (15.6% of his shots)
Open 3 Herro is above league average 37.3% (17.5% of his shots)
Tightly defended 3s, 31.4% (only 8.1% of his shots)
Very tightly defended 3s 33.3% (only 0.5% of his shots)

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1629639/shots-dash/?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season
Image

look where he has the biggest positives, yet he's spent the 2nd most time in a lineup with Gabe Vincent and Igoudala.


Nothing like small sample sizes. 32 minutes out of the nearly 1500 minutes he's played this year.

If you're really believe in that small sample size then we need these Strus lineups! Need to max Dedmon also.
Image
User avatar
Flash4thewin
General Manager
Posts: 9,127
And1: 3,652
Joined: Jan 27, 2006

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#723 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:38 am

Kobewade11 wrote:
Wiltside wrote:I think we probably need to understand that Lowry is likely coming here. If nothing else but to keep Jimmy happy.

Tbf he does help on the court, and we could line up his expiry with Jimmy to open up some big cap space in 2023. Just seems like such a long way away, and by that time Jimmy will probably be on the downhill slide.

If he isn't taking a major hair cut he can take what's left of his talents elsewhere, Jimmy will have to get over it.


You are basically asking Butler to force a trade? Butler is Butler so thats just playing with fire. The Wolves pissed him off and he forced a trade. The 76er pissed him off and he forced at trade. We are doing our best to piss him off, i wonder what will happen :roll:
eddieheatfan
General Manager
Posts: 7,896
And1: 15,861
Joined: Nov 07, 2014
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#724 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:48 am

Kobewade11 wrote:
Wiltside wrote:I think we probably need to understand that Lowry is likely coming here. If nothing else but to keep Jimmy happy.

Tbf he does help on the court, and we could line up his expiry with Jimmy to open up some big cap space in 2023. Just seems like such a long way away, and by that time Jimmy will probably be on the downhill slide.

If he isn't taking a major hair cut he can take what's left of his talents elsewhere, Jimmy will have to get over it.



Image
User avatar
Hallstar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,854
And1: 4,036
Joined: Jul 15, 2008
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#725 » by Hallstar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:03 am

AirP. wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
Spoiler:
AirP. wrote:
That's your logic? At no time while you were writing that did it occur to you that he's also going against bench players and should be feasting on the lesser players? I'm going to go out on a limb and say moving any one of the current starters to the bench that they would become more efficient scorers going against the other team's bench more often then the starters. I just don't see how a player's offense should get worse from playing against starters to bench players and interesting enough, Herro is one of the least efficient offensive players on the bench.

So why do other non starters seem more efficient then Herro?
Just looking at TS%
Strus .594
Dragic .553
Precious .549
Harkless .540
Herro .529

How about ortg?
Strus 113
Precious 106
Dragic 104
Harkless 104
Iggy 103
Herro 101
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2021.html

Herro not being with the starters are making him miss open 3s? League average is 36.6%
Wide Open 3s, not so much 32.7% (15.6% of his shots)
Open 3 Herro is above league average 37.3% (17.5% of his shots)
Tightly defended 3s, 31.4% (only 8.1% of his shots)
Very tightly defended 3s 33.3% (only 0.5% of his shots)

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1629639/shots-dash/?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season
Image

look where he has the biggest positives, yet he's spent the 2nd most time in a lineup with Gabe Vincent and Igoudala.


Nothing like small sample sizes. 32 minutes out of the nearly 1500 minutes he's played this year.

If you're really believe in that small sample size then we need these Strus lineups! Need to max Dedmon also.
Image

32 out of 1500 is the point

so you have a 1st round pick, 3 level scorer and the gabe vincent lineups are where we plan on maximizing him? It's asinine to judge him on that
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 30,242
And1: 100,620
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#726 » by Bishop45 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:29 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:
Wiltside wrote:I think we probably need to understand that Lowry is likely coming here. If nothing else but to keep Jimmy happy.

Tbf he does help on the court, and we could line up his expiry with Jimmy to open up some big cap space in 2023. Just seems like such a long way away, and by that time Jimmy will probably be on the downhill slide.

If he isn't taking a major hair cut he can take what's left of his talents elsewhere, Jimmy will have to get over it.


You are basically asking Butler to force a trade? Butler is Butler so thats just playing with fire. The Wolves pissed him off and he forced a trade. The 76er pissed him off and he forced at trade. We are doing our best to piss him off, i wonder what will happen :roll:


I don't think we should scoff at the RJ Barrett for Jimmy rumors that I've been trying to start
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

:rocking:
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 18,197
And1: 14,590
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#727 » by twix2500 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:52 am

So now you all want trade Butler but wanted to keep Winslow for a life time. You all wouldn't trade Winslow for Booker but would trade Butler for Barrett. Smh
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 30,242
And1: 100,620
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#728 » by Bishop45 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:02 am

twix2500 wrote:So now you all want trade Butler. But wanted to keep Winslow for a life time. Smh


Who's you all? Quote some quotes and say some names

When it came to trades for Butler/Blake Griffin, whom said Winslow was untouchable?

Or is this Twix talking out of his ass?
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

:rocking:
User avatar
Dr_Heat
RealGM
Posts: 21,199
And1: 95,853
Joined: Feb 27, 2015
Location: Bustelo coffee bar
         

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#729 » by Dr_Heat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:04 pm

^^^^^^^ :o :o :o :o
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,892
And1: 8,522
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#730 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:You are basically asking Butler to force a trade? Butler is Butler so thats just playing with fire. The Wolves pissed him off and he forced a trade. The 76er pissed him off and he forced at trade. We are doing our best to piss him off, i wonder what will happen :roll:

Lol. He didn't "force" a trade from Philly he was a free agent, we didn't have the cap space to sign him outright so Philly traded him to get something back. You do what's best for the team, if Jimmy decides to "force" a trade (he won't) because we don't want to sign a 35 year old PG to a 25 mil per year deal then so be it. Scary ass.
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 14,350
And1: 26,096
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#731 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:34 pm

twix2500 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:1) Lowry (at this stage of his career) isn't enough to take us to contention. We need someone better.

2) If we give him a 1 year deal, I won't hate it. Mainly because the free agents market is trash this offseason.

3) We just absolutely must avoid giving long term money to old man Lowry or breakable Oladipo. Both are fine as a 1 year gamble, because there might not be great free agents options out there this offseason. But we can't commit more years then 1. We have to keep searching for that 3rd star, we'll get someone eventually, hoping Sonner rather then later.

Just have to hope we can land a true 3rd star somehow.
Rex what level of star do you think the player needs to be at the minimum, 1st tier, 2nd tier or 3rd tier?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


from what im seeing, we don't necessarily need a top tier superstar.

Jimmy and Bam are pretty elite second and third options that also bring great passing and defense. We just need a good enough scorer to be a first option on offense and everything else will take care of itself.

I'm talking about guys in the top 10-40 players in league range. So it needs to be a legit max player but doesn't have to be mvp candidate.

Beal
Lavine
Ingram
D. Fox
Jerami Grant
Collin Sexton
even a completely healthy Dipo could work.

Not sure how attainable some of them are, but i think that if you add a legit 25 PPG scorer that can also not suck on defense - it will propel us to the next level..contender status.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
_GH0ST_
Ballboy
Posts: 8
And1: 24
Joined: Mar 28, 2021
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#732 » by _GH0ST_ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:58 pm

I hope Dragic and Ariza will be convinced of veteran contract.
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 18,197
And1: 14,590
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#733 » by twix2500 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:10 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:1) Lowry (at this stage of his career) isn't enough to take us to contention. We need someone better.

2) If we give him a 1 year deal, I won't hate it. Mainly because the free agents market is trash this offseason.

3) We just absolutely must avoid giving long term money to old man Lowry or breakable Oladipo. Both are fine as a 1 year gamble, because there might not be great free agents options out there this offseason. But we can't commit more years then 1. We have to keep searching for that 3rd star, we'll get someone eventually, hoping Sonner rather then later.

Just have to hope we can land a true 3rd star somehow.
Rex what level of star do you think the player needs to be at the minimum, 1st tier, 2nd tier or 3rd tier?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


from what im seeing, we don't necessarily need a top tier superstar.

Jimmy and Bam are pretty elite second and third options that also bring great passing and defense. We just need a good enough scorer to be a first option on offense and everything else will take care of itself.

I'm talking about guys in the top 10-40 players in league range. So it needs to be a legit max player but doesn't have to be mvp candidate.

Beal
Lavine
Ingram
D. Fox
Jerami Grant
Collin Sexton
even a completely healthy Dipo could work.

Not sure how attainable some of them are, but i think that if you add a legit 25 PPG scorer that can also not suck on defense - it will propel us to the next level..contender status.
I really like Sexton. Even thou I can he is years away from being able to carry that weight of a title team. But I think he can be that dude. And I think he compliments Bam.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 6,536
And1: 8,873
Joined: Mar 25, 2007
Location: Coral Gables

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#734 » by BFRESH44 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:28 pm

A 2 year deal with Lowry that lines up with the end Jimmy’s contract won’t phase me. He’s still an impact player by multiple metrics. Would definitely need KNunn re-signed to take on Dragic’s role in that scenario.
User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 14,045
And1: 5,774
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#735 » by HIF » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:52 pm

Has this forum become the AirP. forum?
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 22,560
And1: 11,234
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#736 » by AirP. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:53 pm

HIF wrote:Has this forum become the AirP. forum?

Maybe I guess?

Here's more.

Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 18,197
And1: 14,590
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#737 » by twix2500 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:47 pm

AirP. wrote:
HIF wrote:Has this forum become the AirP. forum?

Maybe I guess?

Here's more.

Read on Twitter


These comments coming from the Heat and local reporters are basically saying we are not telling or do not have any updates. Down to 7 games left for him to play and get acclimated with the team and get his confidence back that he never had.
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 18,197
And1: 14,590
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#738 » by twix2500 » Sat May 1, 2021 3:53 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Get Kevin Love down here.
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 14,350
And1: 26,096
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#739 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat May 1, 2021 8:18 am

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Get Kevin Love down here.


expecting 9 3's against us tonight
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
puppa bear
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,478
And1: 2,955
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#740 » by puppa bear » Sat May 1, 2021 8:20 am

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Get Kevin Love down here.

K-Love would be über in the Meyers role from last year: play off the ball as a spacing big, jack 3s indiscriminately, and sit in the middle of a zone gobbling defensive rebounds.

That contract though

Return to Miami Heat