ImageImageImage

Heat vs Spurs - Meh vs Meh (29/4 @ 10am WILT ZONE) aka 4/28 @ 8pm EST ??

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,705

Re: Heat vs Spurs - Meh vs Meh (29/4 @ 10am WILT ZONE) aka 4/28 @ 8pm EST ?? 

Post#21 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Bishop45 wrote:I haven't been able to watch, but I sincerely hope Dragic can have a respectable end of his career-- think it's too soon to say he's washed or becoming. It's just been a crazy yr

Last night’s loss had very little to do with Dragic. Ariza went 4 for 12 from 3. Vincent was 1 for 7. At one point Chicago had on the floor 7’0 6’9 7’0 6’7 6’4 vs 6’9 6’8 6’7 6’3 6’1 with our smallest guards getting switched on the seven footers. Markkannen was taking corner 3’s with Vincent trying to deter. It was a clown show that Spo deemed the right move because there was no way he was playing a big next to Bam.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,484

Post#22 » by Bishop45 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:58 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Season feels done to me, without some Dipo magic we're just not good enough.

Spo couldn't make this team overachieve at all. And the scoring talent deficiency means were not very good unless we overachieve.

Y worry about talent scoring deficiency's when we can have Bam/Herro and be overachievers for the next ten yrs?

We wouldn't be great with Harden + Jimmy + no one around them and without picks either, if thats your point.

We need to keep Jimmy and Bam and add the best scorer\s we can this offsetting.

Kawhi
Beal
Lavine
Dipo (if healthy on team friendly deal)
Derozen (dont like the fit but good player)
Fournier
Norman Powell

We should be interested in every player that is a proven scorer\shooter to help Jimmy and Bam.

We have to hope that the added scorer\s + internal growth + coaching adjustments can combined take us to the next level.

If you replace Bam and Herro with Harden then we're a much better team with a much better chance at winning.
I just want an admission of that one of these days

The rest of that are scenarios that you know are extremely unlikely, and will at best, result in us pushing for a graceful retirement tour for Jimmy/Dragic in a few yrs.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
balla345
General Manager
And1: 12,870

Post#23 » by balla345 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:07 pm

what everyone also forgets is that if harden came here it also means the east wouldve been wide open and the nets would never had gotten him.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#24 » by gom » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:08 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Damn....Gom went in hard

yeah, I'm not fair either, but I am very pissed off with the team, so there's that too. We suck. Our game threads suck too. Our only hope is that some of the other teams are stumbling too. The Heat have ONE chance now to reverse our garbage: We need to beat BOSTON, both games, no excuses, no bull, no weak-ass game threads.

Back under the rock. Good luck, Wiltside!
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,376

Post#25 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:38 pm

gom wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Damn....Gom went in hard

yeah, I'm not fair either, but I am very pissed off with the team, so there's that too. We suck. Our game threads suck too. Our only hope is that some of the other teams are stumbling too. The Heat have ONE chance now to reverse our garbage: We need to beat BOSTON, both games, no excuses, no bull, no weak-ass game threads.

Back under the rock. Good luck, Wiltside!

:nod:
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#26 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:41 pm

contract wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:No other coach in the league was gifted the culture and great players Spo started with.

Spo's first 2 years the 2nd leading scorer on the team was Michael Beasley (13.9 ppg & 14.8 ppg). For context, those were Beasley's 2nd and 3rd best scoring averages of his career. The only thing Spo inherited was a team hoarding future cap space at the expense of winning ... and Wade.

Prime Wade. How many coaches start with anyone near that caliber. Bosh and Lebron 2 years in. No solution to beat the Mavs that first year too.
OP for NBA FT record
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,935

Post#27 » by Wiltside » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
contract wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:No other coach in the league was gifted the culture and great players Spo started with.

Spo's first 2 years the 2nd leading scorer on the team was Michael Beasley (13.9 ppg & 14.8 ppg). For context, those were Beasley's 2nd and 3rd best scoring averages of his career. The only thing Spo inherited was a team hoarding future cap space at the expense of winning ... and Wade.

Prime Wade. How many coaches start with anyone near that caliber. Bosh and Lebron 2 years in. No solution to beat the Mavs that first year too.

Tbf JJ Barea is a formidable opponent. How Spo could think of a strategy to perhaps deter this perennial All Star and HoF calibre player is beyond me.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#28 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:42 pm

balla345 wrote:what everyone also forgets is that if harden came here it also means the east wouldve been wide open and the nets would never had gotten him.

With this whole Dipo fiasco, yeah Harden would have this team competing for a chip right now.
OP for NBA FT record
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#29 » by GopherIt! » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:28 pm

Spoiler:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#30 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:26 am

Hello shambles my old friend
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#31 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:32 am

GopherIt! wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,594

Post#32 » by fishfuego. » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:13 am

The game against Chicago was winnable. Up 7 or 8 points with 8 minutes left in the game and Chicago did what they new Spo would never adjust to, bring in a pack of small ball killing bigs to get rebounds, put backs and every second chance possible against a stubborn coach.
Last night’s loss was all on Spobot.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,437

Post#33 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:18 am

So..I don't want to ruin the crying party we've got going on BUT

Win this game and we might be 1 game behind 4 seed.

So yea...Let's win maybe.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,437

Post#34 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 am

fishfuego. wrote:The game against Chicago was winnable. Up 7 or 8 points with 8 minutes left in the game and Chicago did what they new Spo would never adjust to, bring in a pack of small ball killing bigs to get rebounds, put backs and every second chance possible against a stubborn coach.

The thing that annoys me is that objectively - looking at the roster I realize we're seriously lacking in proven scorer.

Dragic got old, Herro still undependable, Dunken one-dimensional - it's all true.

But watching the games you just sense Spo isn't even maximizing the talent we do have, which makes things even worse.

He always takes out the hot hand, he's always **** with guys heads - taking them in and out and completely random times. Everyone seems timid and unsure, unlike every random scrub killer we face who just play free and chuck and play way above their talent level.

End of the day - 60+ games in - none of us can tell what to expect from half the rotation in terms of minutes, shot attempts and role.

Just a bad job handling this season IMO. also not having a Gleague team was a BAD decision, we needed to find a way to develop the kids quickly and we did nothing but yank them in and out randomly all year.

Also Losing Dan Craig feels like a crucial miss. Spo looks lost out there half the time, frustrated and inconsistent. I think he needs real coaching help especially with the offense. Our assistant coaches look like yes men that don't challenge his questionable assumptions, we never tried half the chit we should've tried this year.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#35 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:03 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:The game against Chicago was winnable. Up 7 or 8 points with 8 minutes left in the game and Chicago did what they new Spo would never adjust to, bring in a pack of small ball killing bigs to get rebounds, put backs and every second chance possible against a stubborn coach.

The thing that annoys me is that objectively - looking at the roster I realize we're seriously lacking in proven scorer.

Dragic got old, Herro still undependable, Dunken one-dimensional - it's all true.

But watching the games you just sense Spo isn't even maximizing the talent we do have, which makes things even worse.

He always takes out the hot hand, he's always **** with guys heads - taking them in and out and completely random times. Everyone seems timid and unsure, unlike every random scrub killer we face who just play free and chuck and play way above their talent level.

End of the day - 60+ games in - none of us can tell what to expect from half the rotation in terms of minutes, shot attempts and role.

Just a bad job handling this season IMO. also not having a Gleague team was a BAD decision, we needed to find a way to develop the kids quickly and we did nothing but yank them in and out randomly all year.

Also Losing Dan Craig feels like a crucial miss. Spo looks lost out there half the time, frustrated and inconsistent. I think he needs real coaching help especially with the offense. Our assistant coaches look like yes men that don't challenge his questionable assumptions, we never tried half the chit we should've tried this year.

Yup. Bad personnel decisions and bad in game decision making. I get we’re not far away from the fourth seed, but I don’t see these type of problems with other teams competing for a spot. Am I just too biased? How are the Knicks doing so well with a lesser roster?
OP for NBA FT record
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#36 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:15 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
OP for NBA FT record
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#37 » by contract » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:34 am

This is a flawed roster. We don't have as much firepower as we had last season, and it's not as if that team was an offensive juggernaut. Last season we were #2 in the NBA in 3pt % ... this season we're 26th in the NBA. I don't know what a coach can do when his shooters quit hitting shots. Also Dragic declined and we have no answer for that. If Oladipo had worked out we had some kind of chance, but he didn't so we don't. Ideally Herro would have stepped up and become a super 6th man, but for whatever reason he hasn't. I don't understand why people keep wanting to **** on Spo. We have Jimmy. We have Bam. And then we got a bunch of guys. Aside from Jimmy and Bam, we don't have another player that for sure would start on 1/2 the teams in the league. They are all marginal starters or bench quality guys, and we're not even as deep a team as we were last year. We have fewer NBA rotation quality players.

One of the downsides of overperforming is that people expect you to keep doing it. They expect overperformance to become the norm. That's not realistic. Are we underperforming this season? Maybe a little. But not by much. We edged out Philly for the 5th seed last season and we got a little worse. :dontknow:

Pat has to remake the roster this offseason to give us a legit chance to compete.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#38 » by contract » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:44 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

Yup. Bad personnel decisions and bad in game decision making. I get we’re not far away from the fourth seed, but I don’t see these type of problems with other teams competing for a spot. Am I just too biased? How are the Knicks doing so well with a lesser roster?

The Knicks have just gotten hot winning 9 in a row. Aside from that the current order in the East looks about right.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#39 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:46 am

contract wrote:This is a flawed roster. We don't have as much firepower as we had last season, and it's not as if that team was an offensive juggernaut. Last season we were #2 in the NBA in 3pt % ... this season we're 26th in the NBA. I don't know what a coach can do when his shooters quit hitting shots. Also Dragic declined and we have no answer for that. If Oladipo had worked out we had some kind of chance, but he didn't so we don't. Ideally Herro would have stepped up and become a super 6th man, but for whatever reason he hasn't. I don't understand why people keep wanting to **** on Spo. We have Jimmy. We have Bam. And then we got a bunch of guys. Aside from Jimmy and Bam, we don't have another player that for sure would start on 1/2 the teams in the league. They are all marginal starters or bench quality guys, and we're not even as deep a team as we were last year. We have fewer NBA rotation quality players.

One of the downsides of overperforming is that people expect you to keep doing it. They expect overperformance to become the norm. That's not realistic. Are we underperforming this season? Maybe a little. But not by much. We edged out Philly for the 5th seed last season and we got a little worse. :dontknow:

Pat has to remake the roster this offseason to give us a legit chance to compete.

I hate on Spo because of his adjustments. Last game I was defending Spo, but then I saw his final 6 minutes of the game adjustments and I was in disbelief. Vincent on Markkanen. Spo is so committed to postionless basketball that he looks at Vincent and Dedmon as “same same” players.
OP for NBA FT record
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#40 » by GopherIt! » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:52 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
Spoiler:

that dog is kinda creepy tbh.

Return to Miami Heat