ImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs. The Bucks stop here. Game 4. Easy win. 5/29 Sat. 1:30PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Re: NBA Playoffs. The Bucks stop here. Game 4. Easy win. 5/29 Sat. 1:30PM EST 

Post#481 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun May 30, 2021 3:48 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:I found myself caught up in the whole Crowder debate and yeah he would have helped but having to commit to 3 years for a 6’6 PF is not ideal going forward. I pray that local product John Collins fights tooth and nail to try to get himself back home. Build on the Bam-Collins front court.

He plays with best young PG in the NBA onthe team that can give the money. Don’t see anyway he doesn’t stay in Atlanta if they want him which I’m sure they do. He is also not that good. Tre Young makes him look good
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,773

Post#482 » by contract » Sun May 30, 2021 4:37 am

Heat3 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:
Read on Twitter

If this organization is stupid enough to run it back with UD for another season...

Why are people so fixated on the 15th man on the roster? No one expecting Strus, Vincent, Okpala to be keys to get us to the second round and they are all ahead of UD. But it is UD that is hampering the Heat, stealing a spot from our next superstar :lol: leave the man be.

There are reasons not to like UD on the roster. For starters it forces players to pretend that he is a team leader when in actuality he is just the team mascot and Pat's guy in the locker room. They all spew the company line, but you can hear the eye rolls clear across town.

Imagine old ass A.C. Green yelling at Kobe and Shaq. :lol:

And A.C Green was a better player than UD ever was.

Is UD a major problem? Probably not. But his front office mandated "leadership" role may disrupt an organic dynamic from developing among the current roster. We have bigger problems, but it's not the non-issue some want to pretend that it is.

We may as well put Alonzo Mourning back in uniform. At least the players will know who he is.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#483 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun May 30, 2021 5:01 am

contract wrote:
Heat3 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:If this organization is stupid enough to run it back with UD for another season...

Why are people so fixated on the 15th man on the roster? No one expecting Strus, Vincent, Okpala to be keys to get us to the second round and they are all ahead of UD. But it is UD that is hampering the Heat, stealing a spot from our next superstar :lol: leave the man be.

There are reasons not to like UD on the roster. For starters it forces players to pretend that he is a team leader when in actuality he is just the team mascot and Pat's guy in the locker room. They all spew the company line, but you can hear the eye rolls clear across town.

Is UD a major problem? Probably not. But his front office mandated "leadership" role may disrupt an organic dynamic from developing among the current roster. We have bigger problems, but it's not the non-issue some want to pretend that it is.

We may as well put Alonzo Mourning back in uniform. At least the players will know who he is.

That 15th man slot may not look like a key piece for the roster, but it allows the team to take a chance on a player they otherwise would not. Patrick Beverley comes to mind. If UD could bring anything to the court, this discussion would be moot. At this point he is a coach in a players role. UD paid his dues and needs to be rewarded, but he needs to hang his jersey up. He brought nothing to the table on a team desperate for PFs.
OP for NBA FT record
kidco2
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#484 » by kidco2 » Sun May 30, 2021 5:51 am

Wished we had a healthy Oladipo but he would never make it to the final.
Dc__20
Junior
And1: 753

Post#485 » by Dc__20 » Sun May 30, 2021 6:58 am

This sucks but maybe it’s what the team needs. I hope it’s the punch in the face required to assemble a more balanced team. For two years in a row we are knocked out by a significantly taller team.
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,351

Post#486 » by BaffLer » Sun May 30, 2021 7:29 am

BaffLer wrote:Best of luck. Don't get blown out.

Heat in 7.

Couldn't even do this right.

lol trade everyone.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#487 » by HIF » Sun May 30, 2021 8:39 am

Disappointing.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#488 » by Flash4thewin » Sun May 30, 2021 1:24 pm

contract wrote:
Heat3 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:If this organization is stupid enough to run it back with UD for another season...

UD is here to collect on a debt the Heat owes him...

He is collecting the debt with interest, nothing wrong with that. UD knows where the body’s are buried so it’s a mutual agreement that he’s the 15th man on the roster getting 2.5+ mil for as long as he likes. I can easily see him doing this for 5 more years. It is a non-issue. If anything it shows “loyalty” or “blackmail” since UD probably has things recorded etc. let’s go with loyalty and an organization paying its debt, this honestly helps us with recruiting. It shows how we honor our debts etc.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,773

Post#489 » by contract » Sun May 30, 2021 1:47 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
contract wrote:
Heat3 wrote:

UD is here to collect on a debt the Heat owes him...

He is collecting the debt with interest, nothing wrong with that. UD knows where the body’s are buried so it’s a mutual agreement that he’s the 15th man on the roster getting 2.5+ mil for as long as he likes. I can easily see him doing this for 5 more years. It is a non-issue. If anything it shows “loyalty” or “blackmail” since UD probably has things recorded etc. let’s go with loyalty and an organization paying its debt, this honestly helps us with recruiting. It shows how we honor our debts etc.

No one knows who he is. I doubt very much that it helps recruiting because coming here means having to accept leadership from some ancient NBA rando who is so bad that he isn't even played in blowouts or when we have a rash of injuries. Those rants that he goes on that the media loves so much? It may as well be the ball boy or Burnie.

More NBA players know UD from stories of him ranting at the team than from anything he's ever done on the court.

Other teams give their mascots a jersey, but we're the only team that gives him a spot on the active roster and make him team captain.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#490 » by Kobewade11 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:52 pm

Nah I love UD but its time to move on. I had no problem with him holding a spot the last two years, I’d even say his leadership was vital in the bubble last year, but its time for the next chapter. There are no “debts owed” and he’ll always have a job somewhere in the organization if he wants it.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,616

Post#491 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun May 30, 2021 3:45 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:Nah I love UD but its time to move on. I had no problem with him holding a spot the last two years, I’d even say his leadership was vital in the bubble last year, but its time for the next chapter. There are no “debts owed” and he’ll always have a job somewhere in the organization if he wants it.

Yeah i agree. Time for him to move on to a coaching role.

Return to Miami Heat