ImageImageImage

MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Re: MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021 

Post#681 » by Wiltside » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:54 pm

Pretty sure it’s lotto protected, yeah.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Post#682 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:22 am

Wiltside wrote:Pretty sure it’s lotto protected, yeah.

Barry Jackson had a great write up today mentioning a scenario that brings in Al Horford and our 2023 pick back. That would unlock so many opportunities for us. The proposal was something along the lines of Dragic, Okpala, and Yurtseven to make it work cap wise. He did mention getting the 2023 back but giving OKC a pick further down the line. Either way I feel like it's a great proposal and worth the gamble of Horford coming in and shoring up the front court for a year until we can put his expiring in 2022 in play with multiple first for star. He also said a S&T for Lowry using the contract of Iguodala and Achuiwa would allow us to give Lowry a starting salary of 21 million. Our proposed starting lineup would be

C Al Horford
PF Bam Adebayo
SF Jimmy Butler
SG Duncan Robinson
PG Kyle Lowry

We would also have full access to use the MLE and Bi Annual for strong bench reinforcements. I'm down with this scenario
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#683 » by Beenie » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:25 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Barry Jackson had a great write up today mentioning a scenario that brings in Al Horford and our 2023 pick back. That would unlock so many opportunities for us. The proposal was something along the lines of Dragic, Okpala, and Yurtseven to make it work cap wise. He did mention getting the 2023 back but giving OKC a pick further down the line. Either way I feel like it's a great proposal and worth the gamble of Horford coming in and shoring up the front court for a year until we can put his expiring in 2022 in play with multiple first for star. He also said a S&T for Lowry using the contract of Iguodala and Achuiwa would allow us to give Lowry a starting salary of 21 million. Our proposed starting lineup would be

C Al Horford
PF Bam Adebayo
SF Jimmy Butler
SG Duncan Robinson
PG Kyle Lowry

We would also have full access to use the MLE and Bi Annual for strong bench reinforcements. I'm down with this scenario

Slow team getting even slower.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#684 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:37 am

It's more meh I think Panda. Doesn't make us better than we were last year. Giving away prospects to treadmill isn't good asset management.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,031

Post#685 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:40 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

C Al Horford
PF Bam Adebayo
SF Jimmy Butler
SG Duncan Robinson
PG Kyle Lowry

I'm no cap/salary guy.....in this scenario are we still able to sign, say, Kawhi type player?
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#686 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:11 am

3ballbomber wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

C Al Horford
PF Bam Adebayo
SF Jimmy Butler
SG Duncan Robinson
PG Kyle Lowry

I'm no cap/salary guy.....in this scenario are we still able to sign, say, Kawhi type player?

Lowry at 25, Duncan at 15+, Jimmy at 35, Bam at 29, and Horford uses up all your cap.

Check out spotrac.com, 3BB. It's a fantastic website for armchair GMing.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#687 » by Beenie » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:13 am

Some under the radar players that Mia should consider if they lose Duncan:

Malik Monk - Would be a much cheaper replacement option. Only 23yo (Restricted FA)

Jeremy Lamb - Last year of his deal with Indy upcoming - 10.5m.

Taurean Prince - Switchable wing defender, shot over 41% from 3, final year with Clev upcoming - 13m
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#688 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:31 am

Beenie wrote:Some under the radar players that Mia should consider if they lose Duncan:

Malik Monk - Would be a much cheaper replacement option. Only 23yo (Restricted FA)

Jeremy Lamb - Last year of his deal with Indy upcoming - 10.5m.

Taurean Prince - Switchable wing defender, shot over 41% from 3, final year with Clev upcoming - 13m

Taureen Prince does catch my eye.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#689 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:56 am

DayofMourning wrote:It's more meh I think Panda. Doesn't make us better than we were last year. Giving away prospects to treadmill isn't good asset management.

Look at the big picture. If we get our 2023 pick back it unlocks many trade possibilities to get a star. We can now trade multiple first. Horford has a partial guarantee next year and will be expiring. Okpala is barely an asset. We could probably do better in the undrafted free agent market.

Working as a capped team also allows us to compliment this starting lineup with strong bench reinforcements using the MLE and Bi annual.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#690 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:08 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

C Al Horford
PF Bam Adebayo
SF Jimmy Butler
SG Duncan Robinson
PG Kyle Lowry

Im fine with the lineup. In a perfect world Duncan walks and Herro is in that spot, stock the bench with athletes. Realistically there isnt a center to sign that gives Horford production, even at this stage of his career.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#691 » by puppa bear » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:10 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:It's more meh I think Panda. Doesn't make us better than we were last year. Giving away prospects to treadmill isn't good asset management.

Look at the big picture. If we get our 2023 pick back it unlocks many trade possibilities to get a star. We can now trade multiple first. Horford has a partial guarantee next year and will be expiring. Okpala is barely an asset. We could probably do better in the undrafted free agent market.

Working as a capped team also allows us to compliment this starting lineup with strong bench reinforcements using the MLE and Bi annual.

If we get the 23 back without giving up a future pick it’s great. If we give up the 25 or 27 to get it done then it’s good, but not great. Having 3 firsts (23, 25, 27) and multiple swaps (24 onwards) to dangle in a package will make a team more likely to bite on a trade, if a superstar becomes available.

I haven’t looked at the numbers, but can we resign both Nunn & Robinson, and keep the MLE? We’ll be hard capped after the S&T for Lowry, so that becomes a possible issue.

Locking up Dipo on a rehab deal to preserve his bird rights could also be super important - if we can get him into the BAE or vet-min then we don’t have to renounce his rights & can give him a good deal next year if his recovery goes well.

I don’t think we’re meh after those deals, but I think we’re still not at the apex we’re all craving.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#692 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:16 am

Serge Ibaka having back surgery probably means he opts into his player option next year. Another stretch 4 /5 off the board in an already depressed market.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#693 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:50 am

puppa bear wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

If we get the 23 back without giving up a future pick it’s great. If we give up the 25 or 27 to get it done then it’s good, but not great. Having 3 firsts (23, 25, 27) and multiple swaps (24 onwards) to dangle in a package will make a team more likely to bite on a trade, if a superstar becomes available.

I haven’t looked at the numbers, but can we resign both Nunn & Robinson, and keep the MLE? We’ll be hard capped after the S&T for Lowry, so that becomes a possible issue.

Locking up Dipo on a rehab deal to preserve his bird rights could also be super important - if we can get him into the BAE or vet-min then we don’t have to renounce his rights & can give him a good deal next year if his recovery goes well.

I don’t think we’re meh after those deals, but I think we’re still not at the apex we’re all craving.

Yes we can sign both Duncan and Nunn but the figures will have to be spot on and timing of everything will be key. Probably a long shot to sign Nunn if someone goes 15 for him.

We need him more at the 12 figure. We won’t be perfect but will have a chance to have a more well rounded lineup and plenty of flexibility if a star frees up. If you can get through the Herald paywall Barry breaks down the scenarios in his 4 part series really nicely.

In the end if we do and S&T and are hard capped at the apron it’s doubtful we overpay for both Duncan and Nunn. It’s one or the other. If we go Lowry i probably side with Nunn backing him up and allowing Duncan to walk and moving Herro into the starting lineup. Sign Oladipo cheap and Max Strus to a minimum deal.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#694 » by gom » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:48 am

contract wrote:But in either case ... :meditate:

Your mind and your blood pressure will thank you.

Great advice I have given myself and now have somehow forgotten. Thanks for the tap on the metaphorical shoulder. All bliss. Thank you!
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#695 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:57 am

Do people really want 35 year old Horford for 3/80?!

****ing let big Andy sit on my face and suffocate me.

Makes KPs 4/129 look great
Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#696 » by twix2500 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:59 am

HerroBalls wrote:Do people really want 35 year old Horford for 3/80?!

He was never worth that much at any age

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#697 » by Wiltside » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:03 am

It’s 2/54 not 3/80 though. So it ain’t as bad as you think.

But Andy would break your neck before he suffocates you HB.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#698 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:11 am

Wiltside wrote:

It’s 2/54 not 3/80 though. So it ain’t as bad as you think.

But Andy would break your neck before he suffocates you HB.

Would still rather KP for 3/100

Read on Twitter
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#699 » by gom » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:14 am

2022 - 1-14 Own; or least favorable of MIA 15-30, HOU and BRK then others to HOU (via HOU swap of HOU or BRK for MIA)

So, yes.

Offer Butler to Denver and Golden State to try to get a bidding war and maybe get picks and some young talent, tank next season for someone like Jaden Hardy or Paolo Banchero.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#700 » by Flash4thewin » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:19 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

C Al Horford
PF Bam Adebayo
SF Jimmy Butler
SG Duncan Robinson
PG Kyle Lowry

There is no way that Lowry trade happens lol. Unless Herro is in the trade I can’t see it happening. The Raps are ok with letting Lowry walk, and they know we are bleeped if we need to basically renounce everyone to sign him. They have all the leverage here.

Return to Miami Heat