Looking at late 1st and 2nd round candidates, I'd like to do a deep dive further on:
- Filip Petrusev; 6'11", 225lbs PF/C from Serbia. Played at Gonzaga before leaving to play professionally back in Serbia for Mega Bemax (who have a solid history of NBA draft players inc Nikola Jokic). Averaged 22/8 and shot 45% from 3. Got to the line 6 times a game at 72%. 21 years old.
- Neemias Queta, 7'0", 226lb C from Portugal. Played at Utah State. Haven't watched the tape but stats look like old school style big with serious defensive ability (3.3bpg, 1.1spg, 10.1rpg). Can hit FT's at a solid 70% clip. Doesn't space the floor at this stage.
- Greg Brown, 6'9", 205lbs SF/PF from Texas. 19 years old. Raw stats look similar to Patrick Williams from last year, but need to review the tape closer.
- Matthew Hurt, 6'8", 214lbs PF from Duke. 21 years old. Averaged 18 and 6 and spaces the floor (2.3 treys per on 44%).
- Luka Garza, 6'11", 265lbs C from Iowa. 22 years old. Averaged 24/9 and shot 44% from 3 (1.4 per game). He may be your classic highly productive college big and poor pro, but the production is nice.
I've predominantly looked at PF/C's here as a need, but interested in what other guards/wings are around too.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com