ImageImageImage

Iggi bike, farewell Tien-- Around the World, NBA PLAYOFFS

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,059

Re: Iggi bike, farewell Tien-- Around the World, NBA PLAYOFFS 

Post#1921 » by DayofMourning » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:45 pm

Don't know how realistic, but there was a story on GSW trading their younguns for Sabonis. That would be pretty scary actually.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,561

Post#1922 » by Bishop45 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:43 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Don't know how realistic, but there was a story on GSW trading their younguns for Sabonis. That would be pretty scary actually.

How they're always on the right side of asset value regardless of if they're contending or not = mind boggling

Either the Lebby model of superteam building is a scam or Curry's a cheat-code or perhaps GS organization is ahead of its' class-- all possible
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,059

Post#1923 » by DayofMourning » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:06 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Don't know how realistic, but there was a story on GSW trading their younguns for Sabonis. That would be pretty scary actually.

How they're always on the right side of asset value regardless of if they're contending or not = mind boggling

Either the Lebby model of superteam building is a scam or Curry's a cheat-code or perhaps GS organization is ahead of its' class-- all possible

I can't even remember how they got their draftees, but they're definitely able to make some moves to enhance their chances immediately. A Sabonis move would be silly. He'd really shine on GSW.

Didn't their owner say they were light years ahead of the competition? He'd be able to spout that egotistical nonsense till his dying days if he got Sab and they went on a chip run.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1924 » by puppa bear » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:17 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

I can't even remember how they got their draftees, but they're definitely able to make some moves to enhance their chances immediately. A Sabonis move would be silly. He'd really shine on GSW.

Didn't their owner say they were light years ahead of the competition? He'd be able to spout that egotistical nonsense till his dying days if he got Sab and they went on a chip run.

GSW have just been right place, right time.

They tanked the end of a season to keep the pick that became Barnes.
They got Bogut (who ended up the perfect C for the first run) & Jackson for Kwame & Monte.
Curry’s injury issues meant he became the most affordable MVP, allowing them to build their first team without as serious tax implications, after trading for Iggy (for Bierdrins, RJ & picks that became Hood & Hart).
The TV money bump in the cap allowed them to sign KD.
They S&Ted KD for D’Lo when he was leaving.
Traded D’Lo to a desperate Wolves for Wiggins (who looks functional when held to a higher standard) & a pick that turned into Kuminga.
They tanked again and got lucky enough to get Wiseman.
Now they’re back with a great balance of vets and youth/assets.

All of their major moves have had a degree of luck, but they’ve aimed to get an asset that is positive to them (or can be flipped for more later), and been done in a timely manner.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,790

Post#1925 » by al bondiga » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:22 am

is zion the greg oden part II ??
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#1926 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:32 am

al bondiga wrote:is zion the greg oden part II ??

Too much weight to carry on those bones/joints.

Unless someone can get him to drop at least 80 pounds I don't see him getting healthy enough for a long enough time to do anything meaningful in the NBA.

All the talent in the world, kinda sad
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,269

Post#1927 » by twix2500 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:35 am

https://youtu.be/2QMgmaEh9QA

Such a waste of Melo career leaving the Nuggets

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#1928 » by puppa bear » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:06 pm

twix2500 wrote:https://youtu.be/2QMgmaEh9QA

If he’d stayed & had exactly the same output since his departure he’d be #1 in Nuggets history in all major categories except steals (3rd), assists (3rd) & block (7th). He would be get the same type of last dance hurrah that Wade had, and his number would be retired the very next year.

If he’d committed to them they would have tried to build around, but probably never got past the WCF. The 2011 FA class wasn’t that great, so the cap space they wouldn’t have been as useful as having it in 2010. They had many ways to trade at the deadline though, and might have been able to snag someone like Battier.

Having said that, if Melo had been less self-centred he may have taken the shorter deal coming off his rookie contract and convinced the Nuggets to be a player in the 2010 FA bonanza. That might have landed them his NYK running mate or Iso-Joe & perhaps a young PG like Lowry, to pair with himself and Nene.

Ultimately, the disease of Me ruined what could have been a Dirk-like tenure for a small market franchise. If the stars ever aligned and he got the chip (like Dirk), we’d all be looking at him so much differently.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1929 » by twix2500 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:38 pm

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWuild-jW2U/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Its sad this is James Harden most memorable moment of his career.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#1930 » by twix2500 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:43 pm

puppa bear wrote:
twix2500 wrote:https://youtu.be/2QMgmaEh9QA

If he’d stayed & had exactly the same output since his departure he’d be #1 in Nuggets history in all major categories except steals (3rd), assists (3rd) & block (7th). He would be get the same type of last dance hurrah that Wade had, and his number would be retired the very next year.

If he’d committed to them they would have tried to build around, but probably never got past the WCF. The 2011 FA class wasn’t that great, so the cap space they wouldn’t have been as useful as having it in 2010. They had many ways to trade at the deadline though, and might have been able to snag someone like Battier.

Having said that, if Melo had been less self-centred he may have taken the shorter deal coming off his rookie contract and convinced the Nuggets to be a player in the 2010 FA bonanza. That might have landed them his NYK running mate or Iso-Joe & perhaps a young PG like Lowry, to pair with himself and Nene.

Ultimately, the disease of Me ruined what could have been a Dirk-like tenure for a small market franchise. If the stars ever aligned and he got the chip (like Dirk), we’d all be looking at him so much differently.
Denver has a good history of being able to build a team. Melo had a good team built around him in Denver. Had the best coach for him as well. There was absolutely no reason for Melo to rush out of Denver. He most certainly would of taken over the reigns in the west from Kobe.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#1931 » by twix2500 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:39 pm

Portland should be trying to get Sabonis and Brogdon
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,746

Post#1932 » by Umbooki » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:58 am

I feel pretty lucky to be able to watch Steph's career play out. Imagine growing up now and being forced to watch Rudy Gobert as your franchise player. :reporter:
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,224

Post#1933 » by oreon » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:34 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Damn covid spreading like wildfire. Wouldn't be shocked if NBA shutdown for a bit. I assume its the new variant. With how fast is moving probably a lot more people in general population have it and don't know. Saw on twitter that the last variant of spanish flu was less deadly and that we might be in same stage with Omricont. But its twitter 99.9999 % of what said is BS, so might be false. But hopefully this ends soon in the next year. I hope next year we won't be going into 2023 with this still a thing. It would help if some ppl weren't afraid of some needles.
oreon
Analyst

Post#1934 » by oreon » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:43 am

Umbooki wrote:I feel pretty lucky to be able to watch Steph's career play out. Imagine growing up now and being forced to watch Rudy Gobert as your franchise player. :reporter:

lol poor folks, it's bad enough they had to grow up in Utah

Spoiler:
For anyone from Utah, it's just jokes I'm sure it's a wonderful place which I will never visit
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1935 » by IggieCC » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:56 am

oreon wrote:
Damn covid spreading like wildfire. Wouldn't be shocked if NBA shutdown for a bit. I assume its the new variant. With how fast is moving probably a lot more people in general population have it and don't know. Saw on twitter that the last variant of spanish flu was less deadly and that we might be in same stage with Omricont. But its twitter 99.9999 % of what said is BS, so might be false. But hopefully this ends soon in the next year. I hope next year we won't be going into 2023 with this still a thing. It would help if some ppl weren't afraid of some needles.

Omicron :wavefinger:

it's spreading like crazy. I just saw the news about South African study that shows that it's mutated 50 times and it's extremely transmissible but most likely much much less virulent (deadly).

The way it's seemingly spreading vaccinated NBA players so quickly, I'm all but convinced that it's probably true. Hope this is the beginning of the end but this might shut down sports world for a bit due to lack of data to just blush it off like it's nothing.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#1936 » by contract » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Omicron has barely made it to the US. This is the Delta variant wreaking havoc. Every time covid rules get relaxed, it comes back like a bad penny.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1937 » by twix2500 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This would end the era of Zion in NO. Likely for the best. Pairing Simmons and Ingram would give them a nucleus that could grow together. Zion being a trade piece to find a more reliable third go too player.

76ers ge better trade assets in draft picks which will be used to try and get Lillard or Beal.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1938 » by IggieCC » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:00 pm

definitely time to move the fat boi before the whole world knows that he's too fat

alarmingly fat the last i saw him bish. oof
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
oreon
Analyst

Post#1939 » by oreon » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:38 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

This would end the era of Zion in NO. Likely for the best. Pairing Simmons and Ingram would give them a nucleus that could grow together. Zion being a trade piece to find a more reliable third go too player.

76ers ge better trade assets in draft picks which will be used to try and get Lillard or Beal.

If Zion is available Riley better be on the phone line. NO can have whoever and whatever they want for him, Butler included. They can take Spo too.

Zion if healthy can get near to Shaq's level where you just can't stop. He's a generational talent and if he stays healthy at minimum he'll win one MVP.

If he becomes available the whole league will go to a frenzy with the amount of offers NO will receive
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#1940 » by puppa bear » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:57 am

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

The thing for them is tradable contracts. To make a deal for Simmons they need to send out Hart/Graham/Temple to make up enough money. Val has some value, but more so around the league than in Philly. Philly would be looking to have another deal lined up to go shortly after

Return to Miami Heat