ImageImageImage

MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021 Vol.2

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021 Vol.2 

Post#701 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:46 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:PG Kyle Lowry PG Kendrick Nunn
SG Tyler Herro SG Max Strus *SG Victor Oladipo
SF Jimmy Butler
PF
C Bam Adebayo C Dewayne Dedmon C Udonis Haslen

Possible cheap reup
SF Trevor Ariza

S&T pieces
PG Goran Dragic- Does he come back on cheaper deal to backup Lowry? Is he traded for Lowry? It seems likely that he’s the one needed to facilitate a Lowry S&T since his opt in is for 19 million and gets us closer to the number Lowry is looking for. A third team involved seems certain.

SF Andre Iguodala- Another player that might be involved in the Lowry S&T. His salary comes in at 15 million. Add it to Dragic’s salary and they equal 34 million. If we start off Lowry at 25 million we still have 9 million of floating salary. Since Toronto can’t attach another player with Lowry via S&T we will have to be compensated by third team.

SF KZ Okpala- If added to the above deal for Lowry he adds 1.7 million giving us a total of 10.7 million to be compensated by third team.

PF Precious Achuiwa- Team most likely goes out of it’s way to keep him but if needed his 2.7 added above gives us 13.4 million of floating salary to be compensated by third team. If Lowry takes less then 25 the number goes up. Achuiwa most likely is added as i don’t think Okpala alone makes the Raptors budge. In return Raps work with third team to forward us another player another rotation player with Lowry.

I don't think you can Sign and trade multiple pieces. Like we couldn't trade Duncan sign and traded AND KZ. A sign and trade with Lowry would probably be both teams giving Lowry and Duncan the same money and us just swapping
Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,212

Post#702 » by twix2500 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 am

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:You got 8 players with 18 mill of salary to fill up the roster. Who are you adding to the roster to reach the 15 man roster?Image

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Nobody wants to play this game?

Not with Miami signing Robinson for anything near that contract. With Lowry being signed with cap space, the team can go into the luxury tax to retain players and then sign vet minimums but that's not a good way to move forward with the roster. Give me Strus at a near minimum contract vs overpaying Robinson and use the money to get a better big next to Bam.

Miami just can't pay Robinson anywhere close to 20 million a year if they want to add more talent. I don't care what the open market value is for him, he's not worth that on a team with 2 max guys who are facilitators first. Hopefully adding a good PG lets Butler and Bam worry more about scoring then passing.

Well let me see how you would structure the contracts and what players you will fill up the roster while staying under the luxury tax. Keep the idea that the Heat keeps Robinson and Lowry. This is the idea they are playing as an over the cap team. You don't have to explain the trade just fill up the roster with players that you think are reasonable to acquire.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#703 » by puppa bear » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 am

HerroBalls wrote:
SF Jimmy Butler
PF

Possible cheap reup
SF Trevor Ariza

S&T pieces
PG Goran Dragic- Does he come back on cheaper deal to backup Lowry? Is he traded for Lowry? It seems likely that he’s the one needed to facilitate a Lowry S&T since his opt in is for 19 million and gets us closer to the number Lowry is looking for. A third team involved seems certain.

SF Andre Iguodala- Another player that might be involved in the Lowry S&T. His salary comes in at 15 million. Add it to Dragic’s salary and they equal 34 million. If we start off Lowry at 25 million we still have 9 million of floating salary. Since Toronto can’t attach another player with Lowry via S&T we will have to be compensated by third team.

SF KZ Okpala- If added to the above deal for Lowry he adds 1.7 million giving us a total of 10.7 million to be compensated by third team.

PF Precious Achuiwa- Team most likely goes out of it’s way to keep him but if needed his 2.7 added above gives us 13.4 million of floating salary to be compensated by third team. If Lowry takes less then 25 the number goes up. Achuiwa most likely is added as i don’t think Okpala alone makes the Raptors budge. In return Raps work with third team to forward us another player another rotation player with Lowry.

I don't think you can Sign and trade multiple pieces. Like we couldn't trade Duncan sign and traded AND KZ. A sign and trade with Lowry would probably be both teams giving Lowry and Duncan the same money and us just swapping

I think Panda means S&Ting Lowry for Iggy/Dragic/KZ/Precious. That means we can send out $39.4m and take back up to $48m. If Lowry starts at $25m then we have $23m that can be taken back, as long as we stay under the hard cap.

We can just let Duncan walk, no need for a S&T.

We can’t actually swap Lowry for Duncan, unless we have the cap space. Duncan counts as his QO for us going out ($4.7m), but his actual contract for the incoming team. So, even doing it for a TPE would only get us a $4.7m TPE.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#704 » by dean456 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:22 am

twix2500 wrote:You got 8 players with 18 mill of salary to fill up the roster. Who are you adding to the roster to reach the 15 man roster?Image

It really is going to be tough for us to make moves under the luxury tax and still be able to utilise our assets, MLE and BAE if we acquire Lowry through a S&T.

Trading Dragic, Iggy to get Lowry (25mil), resigning Robinson (19mil), Oladipo (8.5mil) UD (vet min), Vincent (Vet Min) would put us 600k under the luxury tax. Making us unable to use our MLE or BAE.

This might be the reason we are looking at someone like Sexton over Lowry as he can be added to the team at a significantly lower number via trade and not S&T which doesn't restrict us from a luxury tax perspective. Would make filling out the team using our exceptions and making other trades something much easier to do.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,616

Post#705 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:55 pm

puppa bear wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
SF Jimmy Butler
PF

Possible cheap reup
SF Trevor Ariza

S&T pieces

I think Panda means S&Ting Lowry for Iggy/Dragic/KZ/Precious. That means we can send out $39.4m and take back up to $48m. If Lowry starts at $25m then we have $23m that can be taken back, as long as we stay under the hard cap.

We can just let Duncan walk, no need for a S&T.

We can’t actually swap Lowry for Duncan, unless we have the cap space. Duncan counts as his QO for us going out ($4.7m), but his actual contract for the incoming team. So, even doing it for a TPE would only get us a $4.7m TPE.

This is correct. A S&T of Duncan would be a totally separate transaction with the team that he wants to sign with and deal with us.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,725

Post#706 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:05 pm

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Nobody wants to play this game?

Not with Miami signing Robinson for anything near that contract. With Lowry being signed with cap space, the team can go into the luxury tax to retain players and then sign vet minimums but that's not a good way to move forward with the roster. Give me Strus at a near minimum contract vs overpaying Robinson and use the money to get a better big next to Bam.

Miami just can't pay Robinson anywhere close to 20 million a year if they want to add more talent. I don't care what the open market value is for him, he's not worth that on a team with 2 max guys who are facilitators first. Hopefully adding a good PG lets Butler and Bam worry more about scoring then passing.

Well let me see how you would structure the contracts and what players you will fill up the roster while staying under the luxury tax. Keep the idea that the Heat keeps Robinson and Lowry. This is the idea they are playing as an over the cap team. You don't have to explain the trade just fill up the roster with players that you think are reasonable to acquire.

Paying Robinson 2/3's of Bam's max while staying under the luxury cap is salary cap suicide in terms of creating a real contender.

At Robinson's price range, I'd rather have Bertans who is a little cheaper, nearly as good of a 3pt shooter and who can and is getting 3s off more often then Robinson because of his size and position.

Milwaukee got 2.2 3s and 10 points per game from Bryan Forbes at 2.3 million this year but Miami will pay nearly 17 million more for 1.3 more 3s and 3.2 points per game... it's just insane when trying to construct a contender.

I'd rather hand Strus 3 mil a year for 3 years and start him vs pay Robinson anywhere close to 19 mil. Also I'd rather give Oladipo 20 mil a year for 3-4 years over Robinson for 19mil for the same length even knowing I'm waiting at least 1/2 to a full year on Vic. I'll use some some low cost 3pt shooter(Strus) in Robinson's absence.
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#707 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:33 pm

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Not with Miami signing Robinson for anything near that contract. With Lowry being signed with cap space, the team can go into the luxury tax to retain players and then sign vet minimums but that's not a good way to move forward with the roster. Give me Strus at a near minimum contract vs overpaying Robinson and use the money to get a better big next to Bam.

Paying Robinson 2/3's of Bam's max while staying under the luxury cap is salary cap suicide in terms of creating a real contender.

At Robinson's price range, I'd rather have Bertans who is a little cheaper, nearly as good of a 3pt shooter and who can and is getting 3s off more often then Robinson because of his size and position.

Milwaukee got 2.2 3s and 10 points per game from Bryan Forbes at 2.3 million this year but Miami will pay nearly 17 million more for 1.3 more 3s and 3.2 points per game... it's just insane when trying to construct a contender.

I'd rather hand Strus 3 mil a year for 3 years and start him vs pay Robinson anywhere close to 19 mil. Also I'd rather give Oladipo 20 mil a year for 3-4 years over Robinson for 19mil for the same length even knowing I'm waiting at least 1/2 to a full year on Vic. I'll use some some low cost 3pt shooter(Strus) in Robinson's absence.

this is one of my favorite posts of the offseason. It's illogical to give Duncan 18-20M. Worse than giving Dion,JJ money

Edit: Missed the part about giving Dipo 20.... no thanks. He will be lucky to get the MLE

Read on Twitter
dagger151
Sophomore
And1: 308

Post#708 » by dagger151 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:39 pm

You cant pay Duncan 20 Mil nor Dipo at 20 Mil. Lowry at 20 Mil is realistic. Sign Dipo to a prove it deal of 2 years 20 Mil.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#709 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:00 pm

dagger151 wrote:You cant pay Duncan 20 Mil nor Dipo at 20 Mil. Lowry at 20 Mil is realistic. Sign Dipo to a prove it deal of 2 years 20 Mil.

My point is that for that type of money, I'd rather have Oladipo for 3+ years than Robinson.

I hope Oladipo takes a 1+player option for less money since he'll be out most of the year but a team starved for talent may be willing to offer him a long term contract, say Oklahoma City instead of trading to rehabilitate a player they just sign Oladipo to a 2+1(to give them or whoever trades for him Bird rights) for good money with team option and let him take his time coming back and then prove his worth and then trade him for more assets. Teams still have to get to the 90% salary cap threshold and outside of Walker's contract they have a lot of money to spend at this point. It's really going to be bad if Oladipo is elsewhere and Houston swaps that Brooklyn pick with Miami's in next year's draft.

BTW, I would be listening to the Miami medical staff on what they think about Oladipo's future health, it's one of the reason you pay them.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#710 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Let's toss this into the Duncan Robinson resigning discussion...

Duncan Robinson's playoff stats...

Age 25 11.7 pts, 2.8 reb 1.8 ast, .7 stl, .3 blk 40% 3pt% 21 games
Age 26 10.3 pts, 2.8 reb, .8 ast, .8 stl, .0 blk 36% 3pt% 4 games

and of course add in being a below average defender.

Nearly 20 million dollars a year for that? I wouldn't feel comfortable giving that player 12 million a year, I believe you can find most of that production and have a better defender for way less money.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#711 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:45 pm

Here's an interesting and cheaper 3pt shooting target.
Bullock was one of three players this season to shoot at least 44 percent from the field, 40 percent from 3-point land and 90 percent from the free-throw line — based on minimums of 100 3-point and 50 free-throw attempts. Of the two others who did it, Stephen Curry and Kyrie Irving, Bullock had the best plus-minus.

Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM

Post#712 » by twix2500 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:47 pm

dean456 wrote:

Trading Dragic, Iggy to get Lowry (25mil), resigning Robinson (19mil), Oladipo (8.5mil) UD (vet min), Vincent (Vet Min) would put us 600k under the luxury tax. Making us unable to use our MLE or BAE.

How did you get 600k? Did I miss someone salary? I got 18 mill under the luxury tax after giving Robinson 19 and Lowry 25.

HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#713 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:18 pm

AirP. wrote:Here's an interesting and cheaper 3pt shooting target.
Bullock was one of three players this season to shoot at least 44 percent from the field, 40 percent from 3-point land and 90 percent from the free-throw line — based on minimums of 100 3-point and 50 free-throw attempts. Of the two others who did it, Stephen Curry and Kyrie Irving, Bullock had the best plus-minus.

Read on Twitter

Don't think he's going to be cheap.

Would love him though, always thought he could ball.

Would love a WayneRay Allengton reunion though for the BAE

Read on Twitter
AirP.
RealGM

Post#714 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:42 pm

HerroBalls wrote:

Read on Twitter

Sure, he's not going to be cheap but way cheaper then what people think Robinson will get.
In the story from the tweet says...
Bullock’s preference is to stay with the Knicks, but he likely will command the full mid-level exception of $9.23 million. One source believes Bullock, who turned 30 in March, will seek a three-year deal.
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#715 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:55 pm

AirP. wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:

Read on Twitter

Sure, he's not going to be cheap but way cheaper then what people think Robinson will get.
Bullock’s preference is to stay with the Knicks, but he likely will command the full mid-level exception of $9.23 million. One source believes Bullock, who turned 30 in March, will seek a three-year deal.

So let me ask you.... Reggie Bullock or Jae Crowder?

Read on Twitter
Jinsaryko
Sixth Man
And1: 1,659

Post#716 » by Jinsaryko » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Would ya'll agree with the Heat taking Love if it meant we could get Sexton with less assets?
AirP.
RealGM

Post#717 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:14 pm

HerroBalls wrote:
AirP. wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:

So let me ask you.... Reggie Bullock or Jae Crowder?

Crowder for me, his toughness on defense allows more combinations on the court and I'm very aware of him having good and bad streaks throughout his career but his toughness on defense won't change. I want as many "steady" players on both/either sides of the court to have a better understanding what is needed for the team. I think both are fine at around 10 million if they're starters.

How much would it help with roster construction if Crowder was the starting PF currently at 10 million. At worst case you could take a bigger risk for a possible bigger reward at backup PF with a younger player and still be fine with Crowder at PF. Currently there isn't a starting PF and this FO spent under 4 mil last year for a possible replacement.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#718 » by twix2500 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Jinsaryko wrote:
Read on Twitter

Would ya'll agree with the Heat taking Love if it meant we could get Sexton cheaper?
AirP, I told ya its about moving Love contact. They are not giving up Sexton just to because they don't want him.

AirP.
RealGM

Post#719 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:33 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Jinsaryko wrote:
Read on Twitter

Would ya'll agree with the Heat taking Love if it meant we could get Sexton cheaper?
AirP, I told ya its about moving Love contact. They are not giving up Sexton just to because they don't want him.

Of course they're starting negotiations in hopes of packaging Love with him, they'd be stupid not to but if it only took Herro plus a sweetener like a 1st round pick to get Sexton, I'd definitely do that vs using the expiring contracts and involving Love. If you don't remember, I was good with Miami trading for Blake or Love in the last season to sure up the PF position.

I'd actually be fine with adding Love and Sexton, you then have 4 of the 5 starting spots covered with Sexton, Butler, Love and Bam. Love could play stretch 4 on offense and defend low post bigs, help greatly with rebounding and be a great outlet man to start breaks to try to get Miami some easy baskets. Sign and trade Robinson for assets/depth, resign Oladipo and hopefully go into the playoffs next year with Sexton, Oladipo, Butler, Love and Bam, that's a lot of switchable defense, more rebounding then they currently have and possibly a team that can get some easy points in transition from missed baskets.

The nice thing about Love's contract, it's an expiring after next season to allow Miami to make even more moves if they want next year.

Although I like Lowry and I know Butler likes Lowry, for the Heat, it would be better to acquire Sexton to be better now and give Bam a high scoring teammate long term and a good foundation for Miami to build around when exiting the Butler era.

BTW... Cleveland wouldn't be moving them because they don't want him, they'd be moving him because they're not ready to commit a max contract to him and lock themselves in long term with him. They have the 3rd draft pick this year in guard top heavy draft and are ready to match J.Allen to make him their long term center making drafting Mobley possibly not a great move(although he can play the 4 but you really want him as your 5). So if Cleveland isn't wanting to build around Sexton at the max it makes perfect sense in trying to move him.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,678

Post#720 » by HEATVols865 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:44 pm

GSW wants to trade the #7 pick. Give them Bam and let’s get rid of that horrible contract.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.

Return to Miami Heat