ImageImageImage

Trade everyone for Dame Lillard Thread.

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Trade everyone for Dame Lillard Thread. 

Post#1 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:35 pm

Dame Lillard is going to ask for a trade, according to reports.

He's still only 31, got some juice left.

He would instantly make us a contender in the East, and if we can put the right pieces around him, we could make it a Nets-Heat ECF next year, or a Heat Finals if the Nets suffer injuries again.

Unfortunately, our young prospects values are not overinflated like last offseasons bubble playoffs, but whatever. We didn't trade them and Riles messed up on that.

But now we have another chance at a legit superstar that can drop buckets and carry the team offensively.

Bam is on the table too.

Jimmy Butler? I still don't have an explanation for his supreme suckage in the playoffs. Was he injured? Why did he suck so bad? If we are gonna go down losing, at least go down putting up buckets. I don't know what his deal is.

GET DAME LILLARD IN A HEAT UNI. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. WE CAN FILL THE ROSTER WITH BUYOUTS AND FREE AGENTS LATER.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,431

Re: Trade everyone for Dame Lillard Thread. 

Post#2 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:53 pm

We have no shot at Lilard if you don't want to offer Bam.

Bam is 7 years younger. I don't think Pat offers him.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#3 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:32 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:We have no shot at Lilard if you don't want to offer Bam.

Bam is 7 years younger. I don't think Pat offers him.

okay I have changed my mind.

BAM IS ON THE TABLE.

Pair Dame with Jimmy, and then we become a landing spot for all the buyouts.

DO IT RILES.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,773

Post#4 » by contract » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:53 pm

I don't see how this works. Dame has 4 years left on his deal, so he's going to the highest bidder ... and it's probably all about 1st round picks and assets that can be flipped for even more.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#5 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Honestly I'd be in favor of moving Bam and Herro for Lillard and Nurkic. Would probably have to include a 3rd team to get some picks involved

I've always been high on Nurk's impact ceiling and if he can just stay healthy, a Yimmy/Dame/Nurk core would very interesting
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,140

Post#6 » by SA37 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:07 pm

Miami doesn't have a shot at Lillard. I wouldn't be surprised if Portland talks Lillard down from the ledge and promises to trade him next offseason if he still so desires. It is hard to see Portland being able to make any significant improvements to the roster, though.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#7 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:03 pm

contract wrote:I don't see how this works. Dame has 4 years left on his deal, so he's going to the highest bidder ... and it's probably all about 1st round picks and assets that can be flipped for even more.

The Sapien rule should be expired for Miami now. We can trade 1st round picks now.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#8 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:04 pm

SA37 wrote:Miami doesn't have a shot at Lillard. I wouldn't be surprised if Portland talks Lillard down from the ledge and promises to trade him next offseason if he still so desires. It is hard to see Portland being able to make any significant improvements to the roster, though.

A package of picks with Bam Adebayo and some of our youth gives us one of the best packages available.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#9 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:00 pm

SA37 wrote:Miami doesn't have a shot at Lillard.

This simply isn’t true. We’ve seen it time and time again that players can force their way to their preferred destination. It may be unlikely that we land Lillard in a trade, to say we have no shot is false.
SA37
RealGM

Post#10 » by SA37 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:37 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
SA37 wrote:Miami doesn't have a shot at Lillard. I wouldn't be surprised if Portland talks Lillard down from the ledge and promises to trade him next offseason if he still so desires. It is hard to see Portland being able to make any significant improvements to the roster, though.

A package of picks with Bam Adebayo and some of our youth gives us one of the best packages available.

1. If Miami didn't offer Adebayo for Harden, there is an infinitesimal chance Miami offers Bam for Lillard.

2. Miami preaches defense and an Adebayo-Lillard swap would severely weaken Miami defensively and at the F/C position. You remove Adebayo from Miami's frontcourt and you have probably the absolute worst frontcourt in the league. Miami would have limited options to put together a reasonable frontcourt going forward.

3. This would run opposite to the message Miami has aggressively pushed, which is Bam is the quintessential Miami Heat player.

For the deal to make sense, it would have to be expanded to something like this:

Miami gets Lillard, Covington, and Nurkic
Portland gets Adebayo, Iguodala, Herro, and Okpala

That would leave Miami with:

Lillard / Dragic
Robinson / Oladipo
Butler / Ariza
Covington / Achiuwa
Nurkic / Dedmon

That deal would make sense if Portland were looking to avoid a complete rebuild:

Powell / Simons
McCollum / Herro
Jones Jr / Melo
Adebayo / Iguodala
Kanter (?) / Collins
SA37
RealGM

Post#11 » by SA37 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:

This simply isn’t true. We’ve seen it time and time again that players can force their way to their preferred destination. It may be unlikely that we land Lillard in a trade, to say we have no shot is false.

Lillard is starting a 5-year deal. He has no leverage to force a trade. Lillard could always try to cash in on his loyalty to Portland and management may be willing to grant his wishes despite his lack of leverage, but Portland is also not going to give him up for peanuts.

As I said in my response to Grumpy: if Miami didn't offer Adebayo for Harden, it is probably safe to assume they wouldn't do so for Lillard.

I just don't think cap fillers (Dragic/Iguodala) + Achiuwa, Herro, and Okpala get Lillard to Miami, especially when you consider:

1. Philadelphia could offer a package built around Ben Simmons and Thybulle/Maxey/Milton

2. Indiana could offer Brogdon, Turner, #13, and future picks.

3. Boston could offer Jaylen Brown and a combo of young guys and picks.

4. The Warriors could offer a package around Wiggins, Wiseman, #7, & #14. (Although, I assume Portland would prefer to trade Lillard to the East.)
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,735

Post#12 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:23 pm

SA37 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

Lillard is starting a 5-year deal. He has no leverage to force a trade. Lillard could always try to cash in on his loyalty to Portland and management may be willing to grant his wishes despite his lack of leverage, but Portland is also not going to give him up for peanuts.

As I said in my response to Grumpy: if Miami didn't offer Adebayo for Harden, it is probably safe to assume they wouldn't do so for Lillard.

I just don't think cap fillers (Dragic/Iguodala) + Achiuwa, Herro, and Okpala get Lillard to Miami, especially when you consider:

1. Philadelphia could offer a package built around Ben Simmons and Thybulle/Maxey/Milton

4. The Warriors could offer a package around Wiggins, Wiseman, #7, & #14. (Although, I assume Portland would prefer to trade Lillard to the East.)

Lillard has some leverage. A squeaky wheel gets the grease. If he turns into a malcontent, he will be moved. Portland is in a great position, at this point, in my opinion. If Lillard is on a 5 year deal, that's a lot of comfort for a receiving team. If they move before the enmity becomes a factor, then they should be able to get a quality package in return. What that is I don't know.

Just for the sake of comparison, I believe Harden is a better player, by a decent margin, over Lillard. As you say, if Miami didn't want to part with Bam for a better player in Harden, then I don't think he gets moved for Lillard.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,619

Post#13 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:29 pm

SA37 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

1. If Miami didn't offer Adebayo for Harden, there is an infinitesimal chance Miami offers Bam for Lillard.

2. Miami preaches defense and an Adebayo-Lillard swap would severely weaken Miami defensively and at the F/C position. You remove Adebayo from Miami's frontcourt and you have probably the absolute worst frontcourt in the league. Miami would have limited options to put together a reasonable frontcourt going forward.

3. This would run opposite to the message Miami has aggressively pushed, which is Bam is the quintessential Miami Heat player.

For the deal to make sense, it would have to be expanded to something like this:

Lillard / Dragic
Robinson / Oladipo
Butler / Ariza
Covington / Achiuwa
Nurkic / Dedmon

That deal would make sense if Portland were looking to avoid a complete rebuild:

Powell / Simons
McCollum / Herro
Jones Jr / Melo
Adebayo / Iguodala
Kanter (?) / Collins

I’m glad you put your Portland GM hat on because i feel like absolutely no one who thinks this trade is possible even looks how the Portland depth chart looks after any trade with us. It’s absolute garbage. As Portland GM it’s paramount you get a PG in return to replace Dame. They will have many options. Even if they settle on trading him to the Lakers for S&T Schroder,Kuzma, 22nd this year and 2026 pick. They will also have the option of possibly getting Ben Simmons

PG Ben Simmons
SG CJ McCollum
SF Norman Powell
PF Robert Covington
C Jusuf Nurkic

That’s a solid lineup right there with Simmons running point with 3 capable three point shooters and Nurkic working the post

PG Dennis Schroder
SG CJ McCollum
SF Norman Powell
PF Kyle Kuzma/Robert Covington
C Jusuf Nurkic

I like the Simmons lineup much better.
SA37
RealGM

Post#14 » by SA37 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:48 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
SA37 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

Lillard / Dragic
Robinson / Oladipo
Butler / Ariza
Covington / Achiuwa
Nurkic / Dedmon

Powell / Simons
McCollum / Herro
Jones Jr / Melo
Adebayo / Iguodala
Kanter (?) / Collins

I’m glad you put your Portland GM hat on because i feel like absolutely no one who thinks this trade is possible even looks how the Portland depth chart looks after any trade with us. It’s absolute garbage. As Portland GM it’s paramount you get a PG in return to replace Dame. They will have many options. Even if they settle on trading him to the Lakers for S&T Schroder,Kuzma, 22nd this year and 2026 pick. They will also have the option of possibly getting Ben Simmons

PG Ben Simmons
SG CJ McCollum
SF Norman Powell
PF Robert Covington
C Jusuf Nurkic

That’s a solid lineup right there with Simmons running point with 3 capable three point shooters and Nurkic working the post

PG Dennis Schroder
SG CJ McCollum
SF Norman Powell
PF Kyle Kuzma/Robert Covington
C Jusuf Nurkic

I like the Simmons lineup much better.

Portland could ask for Dragic instead of Iguodala and Dragic would give Portland a legit pg for a year. They could also use their exceptions (assuming they have them) to sign Lou Williams, TJ McConnell, Reggie Jackson, Derrick Rose, or Patty Mills.

Dragic / Rose
McCollum / Herro
Jones Jr / Simons
Adebayo / free agent
Kanter / Collins (if healthy)

They'd also have the option of dangling one or a combo of CJ McCollum, Anfernee Simons, and/or Herro for Lonzo Ball, Rajon Rondo, Spencer Dinwiddie, Terry Rozier, Collin Sexton, Malcom Brogdon, Dennis Schröder, Ricky Rubio, Kemba Walker, Kyle Lowry, or Russell Westbrook.

Schröder / Dragic
Powell / Herro or Simons
Jones Jr / Melo / Okpala
Adebayo / Free agent
Kanter / Collins (if healthy)

A sign-and-trade of Norman Powell might make sense financially when Portland could count on Herro and Simons being on rookie deals for the next few years. Maybe Norman Powell to Cleveland for Love?

Schröder / Dragic
Herro / Simons
Jones Jr / Melo /Okpala
Love / Collins (if healthy)
Adebayo / Kanter
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#15 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:44 am

Lillard is better than everyone on the team. Acquire Lillard.
OP for NBA FT record
contract
RealGM

Post#16 » by contract » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:44 pm

SA37 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

What loyalty? He has been in Portland 1 more year than Dwight Howard was in Orlando, and the same number of years that Kevin Durant was with the Thunder franchise. Twice he has re-signed with Portland because that's where the most money was. And that franchise has made the playoffs 8 years in a row. It's not like he's been stuck in a bad situation.

He hasn't even played 1 season on his 4 year extension yet. Dame's loyalty is a marketing campaign.
SA37
RealGM

Post#17 » by SA37 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:40 pm

contract wrote:
SA37 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:This simply isn’t true. We’ve seen it time and time again that players can force their way to their preferred destination. It may be unlikely that we land Lillard in a trade, to say we have no shot is false.

What loyalty? He has been in Portland 1 more year than Dwight Howard was in Orlando, and the same number of years that Kevin Durant was with the Thunder franchise. Twice he has resigned with Portland because that's where the most money was. And that franchise has made the playoffs 8 years in a row. It's not like he's been stuck in a bad situation.

He hasn't even played 1 season on his 4 year extension yet. Dame's loyalty is a marketing campaign.

You can't exclude money being a motivating factor, but Lillard is 31 and could have tested FA this summer had he not signed his extension 2 years ago (which has him under contract until 35). Plus, he could have gotten paid crazy money anywhere in the league or asked for a trade, but so far that hasn't happened.

I can't say if it is marketing or not, but I don't know what else the guy can do to show loyalty beyond committing long-term to the franchise every step of the way.
contract
RealGM

Post#18 » by contract » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:00 pm

Other teams couldn't give Dame a super max contract.
balla345
General Manager
And1: 12,862

Post#19 » by balla345 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:38 am

i would straight up swap butler for lilard
The Bunk
Senior
And1: 1,200

Post#20 » by The Bunk » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:34 am

balla345 wrote:i would straight up swap butler for lilard

I would, too. Portland wouldn't even consider it though. Doesn't make sense for them. Makes them considerably worse and does nothing for their future. If they trade Dame then they're rebuilding.

Return to Miami Heat