Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,073

Re: Welcome to Miami Kyle Lowry 

Post#41 » by BBallFreak » Sun Aug 8, 2021 8:54 pm

somerandomdude wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:a 35 year old player hmmm not convinced,sorry guys

+1

People are excited but we've locked ourselves into a short window to win a title and we don't even have enough to talk about winning a title.

Oh well, I'll just keep hoping that our youth pans out. That Turkish guy looks promising AF. If he pans out, him, Bam, and Butler would make for a great frontcourt.

We weren't supposed to go anywhere last year, and Milwaukee wasn't supposed to win this year. The last two seasons are why you should NEVER tank. You always prepare. You always get yourselves ready.

Yeah, we're locked into two years with this group, but they have the opportunity to do something special. This wasn't my first choice either, but I get the vision behind it.

And I'm sorta pumped about the Turkish kid, too. I also really like Strus...
SA37
General Manager
And1: 1,576

Post#42 » by SA37 » Sun Aug 8, 2021 11:19 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:a 35 year old player hmmm not convinced,sorry guys

+1

People are excited but we've locked ourselves into a short window to win a title and we don't even have enough to talk about winning a title.

Oh well, I'll just keep hoping that our youth pans out. That Turkish guy looks promising AF. If he pans out, him, Bam, and Butler would make for a great frontcourt.

We weren't supposed to go anywhere last year, and Milwaukee wasn't supposed to win this year. The last two seasons are why you should NEVER tank. You always prepare. You always get yourselves ready.

Yeah, we're locked into two years with this group, but they have the opportunity to do something special. This wasn't my first choice either, but I get the vision behind it.

And I'm sorta pumped about the Turkish kid, too. I also really like Strus...

Tanking brings its own set of issues as has been proven by numerous teams that have hit it big in the draft and then failed to put a competitive group around the star draft pick and then watched that star leave.

Fans tend to think of putting together a championship caliber team that will compete for a title for 10 years, but the reality is the window is much smaller for the vast majority of teams. Miami has given itself a 3-4 year window to compete for a title and that is about all you can ask for. I don't like Robinson's contract, I think both Lowry and Butler are overpaid, and I am not sure Adebayo is going to ever become the dominant offensive player some would like to see, but Miami has a really good team and has maximized its cap space and found gems in undrafted guys. You really can't ask for more.

It's really amazing to see people more excited about Okpala and the Turkish kid than Herro or Lowry.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 50,705

Post#43 » by Wiltside » Mon Aug 9, 2021 12:22 am

For the record, it looks like Lowry will have #7. Poor Gogi.

Numbers are showing on the Miami Heat roster page for all new additions: https://www.nba.com/heat/roster

- Lowry #7
- Morris #8
- Tucker #17
- Yurtseven #77
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,661

Post#44 » by ThatClockWork » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:46 pm

Wiltside wrote:For the record, it looks like Lowry will have #7. Poor Gogi.

Numbers are showing on the Miami Heat roster page for all new additions: https://www.nba.com/heat/roster

- Lowry #7
- Morris #8
- Tucker #17
- Yurtseven #77

For what its worth, it shows Dragic with #7 on the Raptors roster at the moment https://www.nba.com/raptors/roster
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 492

Post#45 » by raptorforlife88 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:Pls shred at least 5 pounds

Absolutely not. That's where he gets his power and also his ability to cushion all those charges he takes.
SA37
General Manager
And1: 1,576

Post#46 » by SA37 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:04 pm

raptorforlife88 wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:Pls shred at least 5 pounds

Absolutely not. That's where he gets his power and also his ability to cushion all those charges he takes.

That was winter weight he needed in Toronto that he won't need in Miami. :wink:
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 492

Post#47 » by raptorforlife88 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:37 pm

SA37 wrote:
That was winter weight he needed in Toronto that he won't need in Miami. :wink:

Does playing in Miami allow you to land softer on your ass as well :lol:
TroubleS0me
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,820

Post#48 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:57 pm

'We got you the max contract, but are you the guy?' I think that’s something that I was struggling with."

Siakam was asked to clarify what he meant by the statement.

"Obviously, Kyle [Lowry] was there, being a point guard," said Siakam. "Kyle was, to me, always the greatest Raptor of all time. I think he was always like, 'I was the guy.' I had the contract, but I never really felt like I was the guy, to be honest."

Siakam was asked whether he wanted them to tell him 'you're the centerpiece that's going to take us to the repeat championship.'

"Yeah. I never really felt like there was that. And I think those conversations are happening now."

Siakam was also asked whether he was irritated by the way he surfaced in trade rumors.

"It didn’t bother me really, because I never really heard anything from the Raptors. Even all the news I was seeing it was never like: “Oh. The Raptors wanted to give up Siakam for this.” It was always like, 'The Warriors like Pascal,' or it was always, 'The Kings like Pascal,' or this. There was never nothing where it was like, 'The Raptors wanted to give away Pascal.'"

Return to Miami Heat