ImageImageImage

SZN OPNR: Miami Heat vs Milwoke Bux 10/21 Thursday 8PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Re: SZN OPNR: Miami Heat vs Milwoke Bux 10/21 Thursday 8PM EST 

Post#521 » by puppa bear » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:15 am

Good night by Bam - 20/13 in 23min is right where want him. Jimmy was aggressive, PJ doing the little things, but Lowry couldn’t hit jack. Strus & Kieff did what was asked of them, while Herro showed he’s intending to take a step forward this season.

Our boy Yurt7 with the big cameo - 8/3 in 8:15. 34.9/13.1 on 66.7% shooting per36!
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#522 » by goodboy » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:22 am

DayofMourning wrote:
goodboy wrote:gg op

Hard willy rubber! How's married life?!

Aside from losing all my gains not bad. 0-60 in 3.2 seconds though.
Bright
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#523 » by goodboy » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:31 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:I always believed in OP.

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#524 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:33 am

DayofMourning wrote:Herro backed up his words with production.

He placed himself in the same company as Trae and Luka. Tonight, he was better than both of them.

I’m very happy he is back it up. If he keeps this up expect him to force the issue about who starts. You don’t compare yourself to Trae and Luka and stay happy as a bench player, before anyone goes on the rant about mins and who finishes the game remember Ego is at play. If Herro has the break out season we hope for expect him to become a starter either for us or another team.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#525 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:01 am

Flash4thewin wrote:

He placed himself in the same company as Trae and Luka. Tonight, he was better than both of them.

I’m very happy he is back it up. If he keeps this up expect him to force the issue about who starts. You don’t compare yourself to Trae and Luka and stay happy as a bench player, before anyone goes on the rant about mins and who finishes the game remember Ego is at play. If Herro has the break out season we hope for expect him to become a starter either for us or another team.

If Herro keeps this level of play - who starts is a good problem to have.

This is the Heat organization. They won't lets egos distract the team for the main thing.

Long term, If Herro can make the leap we're hoping for - the answer is clear IMO. You make him the starter next to Lowry and trade Duncan for a good stretch 4 like a Harrison Barnes. Strus then becomes the new Duncan off the bench.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#526 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:16 am

This was a great win and a moment to feel good about the year ahead, but this is just the start of a long season. There’s going to be ups and downs. Just remember to always blame/praise OP for whatever happens.
OP for NBA FT record
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#527 » by harlem_ball » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:31 am

Flash4thewin wrote:

oh gosh. hold your horses. Herro still needs to improve his D. If he starts producing consistent 35+ games while being doubled then we will reevaluate. But for now the Jamal Crawford/Manu Ginobili role is perfect for him.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,257

Post#528 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:36 am

Not too mad that Bam ended with only 13 FGA, because the game was over in the third and he was taken out early. I believe Heat like they did Bosh is to feed Bam early in the first quarter and third quarter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM

Post#529 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:08 am

harlem_ball wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

oh gosh. hold your horses. Herro still needs to improve his D. If he starts producing consistent 35+ games while being doubled then we will reevaluate. But for now the Jamal Crawford/Manu Ginobili role is perfect for him.
This is likely gonna be Herros role for at least the next two years or of a trade happens. He is playing the role very well. The Heat can match him up vs weaker players or players that are fatigued and he is allowed to just focus on scoring.

Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#530 » by Hallstar » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:21 am

twix2500 wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

This is likely gonna be Herros role for at least the next two years or of a trade happens. He is playing the role very well. The Heat can match him up vs weaker players or players that are fatigued and he is allowed to just focus on scoring.

I know we're getting ahead of ourselves but, once they don't try to make that argument when contract time comes. Or it's James Harden to Houston all over again
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,899

Post#531 » by HeatingUp3 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:52 am

Wow. That's all I have to say. The defense was so darn good and its only game 1 of the season!
Bam showed some improved offensive skills and Herro can't miss. 6th man of the year possibly.
Let's keep this going. What a sweet win
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#532 » by puppa bear » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:11 am

Hallstar wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:

I know we're getting ahead of ourselves but, once they don't try to make that argument when contract time comes. Or it's James Harden to Houston all over again

The Harden thing was all about money. As long as we pay Herro and get him his shots/minutes/spotlight then it’s fine.
Thunder already had KD & Westbrook emerging, and Ibaka looking like a core near max piece. As a small market team they were limited in what they could offer to both Harden & Ibaka without resulting in huge tax bills.

We’ll be up for a huge tax bill in a couple years as well, but the Heat are willing to pay tax for a contender and if Dipo comes back 85% or higher this team is just that.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#533 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:36 pm

puppa bear wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
twix2500 wrote:This is likely gonna be Herros role for at least the next two years or of a trade happens. He is playing the role very well. The Heat can match him up vs weaker players or players that are fatigued and he is allowed to just focus on scoring.

The Harden thing was all about money. As long as we pay Herro and get him his shots/minutes/spotlight then it’s fine.
Thunder already had KD & Westbrook emerging, and Ibaka looking like a core near max piece. As a small market team they were limited in what they could offer to both Harden & Ibaka without resulting in huge tax bills.

We’ll be up for a huge tax bill in a couple years as well, but the Heat are willing to pay tax for a contender and if Dipo comes back 85% or higher this team is just that.
I wouldn't get to caught up with the salaries two years from now. This team will be remodeled by then.

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,848

Post#534 » by AirP. » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:34 pm

puppa bear wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
twix2500 wrote:This is likely gonna be Herros role for at least the next two years or of a trade happens. He is playing the role very well. The Heat can match him up vs weaker players or players that are fatigued and he is allowed to just focus on scoring.

It was about money but more importantly it was about a young small market team having to figure out if they could handle being in the repeater tax for years since OKC thought they thought they'd have that trio for 10 more years. Miami isn't in that situation, Miami is an established franchise that has a good idea how much revenue they'll have in the future they'll be able to handle the tax in a way OKC wasn't sure they could of.

Presti gave Harden a last offer with a 1 hour deadline to accept OKC's offer and Harden actually accepted the deal after the deadline but Presti held to the deadline. Who knows maybe Harden's side just said they'd accept the contract knowing it was no longer being offered because of Moray putting pressure on OKC to accept their trade before it was off the board. Let's all remember, Harden wasn't the same player in OKC as he eventually became in Houston.

"After everything we established - everything we had done - you give me an hour?" Harden told Yahoo! Sports on Monday afternoon. "This was one of the biggest decisions of my life. I wanted to go home and pray about it. It hurt me. It hurt."

Harden only got an hour because the Rockets insisted that the deal be done before Saturday so that they could have enough time to present Harden with a max contract offer, according to Wojnarowski. They actually wanted the Thunder to move on Friday, but Presti waited until Saturday to pull the trigger. That's when Harden heard about the last-ditch contract, and an hour later, that's when he was traded.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/11/6/3610148/james-harden-trade-contract-oklahoma-city-thunder
wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,251

Post#535 » by wadenation305 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:09 pm

My first thought watching this team play seriously was "welcome to the meat grinder boys"
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,760

Post#536 » by Shewasfly » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:51 am

rate_ wrote:PG Lowry | Vincent
SG Duncan | Herro
SF Jimmy | Strus
PF Tucker | Markieff
C Bam | Dedmon

What an amazing game and great way to start the season. I still think we're too small though. I hope the front office is not done tinkering and is still looking for options to improve the front court.

I don't think Tucker is a starter, sorry not sorry. But he'd be perfect for the bench. Would love to see if we can get a C somehow off waivers at some point in the off season, or at least another sharp shooting big. Can we bring KO home maybe?
:tiredJB:
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,995

Post#537 » by carnageta » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:09 am

When you tell her to stop but she keeps on going.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#538 » by God Squad » Fri May 13, 2022 4:16 am

God Squad wrote:Make room ya'll. I'm on the bandwagon.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:16 am

I knew it y'all. I was on board early!

LETS GOOOOO

Return to Miami Heat