ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1

Moderators: Wiltside, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, BFRESH44, IggieCC

User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,965
And1: 62,305
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#1 » by DayofMourning » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:02 am

Nice win to start the season tonight.

Looking forward to many more of these.

Let's go Heat!

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,752
And1: 3,555
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#2 » by puppa bear » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:07 am

Herro ballin’, Strus with the hustle play & Yurt7 finishing off the Bux with a point a minute! Perfect start to the new season!

Dipo coming back in the second half will make Vincent redundant, so the biggest need would be back-up 3/4.

Kieff did well in his first game, and PJ seemed to fit beautifully with the starters. So barring injury any additions will be replacing some of the Stus/Kieff minutes.
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 14,502
And1: 52,371
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#3 » by Wiltside » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:13 am

puppa bear wrote:Herro ballin’, Strus with the hustle play & Yurt7 finishing off the Bux with a point a minute! Perfect start to the new season!

Dipo coming back in the second half will make Vincent redundant, so the biggest need would be back-up 3/4.

Kieff did well in his first game, and PJ seemed to fit beautifully with the starters. So barring injury any additions will be replacing some of the Stus/Kieff minutes.


I assume that once Dipo is healthy, we may go smaller and it'll take Strus out and some of Kieff's mins will drop too. 8 man rotation, but also riding the hot hand. Strus the 9th guy with spot duty.

Lowry (33mpg) / Dipo (15mpg)
Robinson (30mpg) / Herro (18mpg)
Butler (25mpg) / Herro (12mpg) / Dipo (11mpg)
Tucker (24mpg) / Butler (8mpg) / Kieff (16mpg)
Adebayo (34mpg) / Dedmon (14mpg)

Butler - 33mpg
Adebayo - 34mpg
Lowry - 33mpg
Robinson - 30mpg
Herro - 30mpg
Oladipo - 26mpg
Kieff - 16mpg
Dedmon - 14mpg
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 14,962
And1: 27,778
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#4 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:59 am

If the season ended right now, I'll be ok with it.

It was short but sweet.

Much deserved 4th Heat championship.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 14,962
And1: 27,778
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#5 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:05 am

Wiltside wrote:
puppa bear wrote:Herro ballin’, Strus with the hustle play & Yurt7 finishing off the Bux with a point a minute! Perfect start to the new season!

Dipo coming back in the second half will make Vincent redundant, so the biggest need would be back-up 3/4.

Kieff did well in his first game, and PJ seemed to fit beautifully with the starters. So barring injury any additions will be replacing some of the Stus/Kieff minutes.


I assume that once Dipo is healthy, we may go smaller and it'll take Strus out and some of Kieff's mins will drop too. 8 man rotation, but also riding the hot hand. Strus the 9th guy with spot duty.

Lowry (33mpg) / Dipo (15mpg)
Robinson (30mpg) / Herro (18mpg)
Butler (25mpg) / Herro (12mpg) / Dipo (11mpg)
Tucker (24mpg) / Butler (8mpg) / Kieff (16mpg)
Adebayo (34mpg) / Dedmon (14mpg)

Butler - 33mpg
Adebayo - 34mpg
Lowry - 33mpg
Robinson - 30mpg
Herro - 30mpg
Oladipo - 26mpg
Kieff - 16mpg
Dedmon - 14mpg


I kept saying all offseason our biggest weakness will be the Morris minutes, Tucker is solid but can't be trusted to play big minutes on a consistent basis.

We have to find a way to play a solid big next to Bam who isn't Tucker. It might be Omer if he develops fast enough, KZ if he somehow gets it together or some new traded player that can play big, hit shots and defend. Morris is too unreliable (and looks out of shape still).

We can't afforded to grind Bam and Tucker all season against the biggest NBA bodies, it won't end well. We need a solid PF to take pressure off.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
harlem_ball
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,428
And1: 1,614
Joined: Sep 27, 2021
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#6 » by harlem_ball » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:18 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
puppa bear wrote:Herro ballin’, Strus with the hustle play & Yurt7 finishing off the Bux with a point a minute! Perfect start to the new season!

Dipo coming back in the second half will make Vincent redundant, so the biggest need would be back-up 3/4.

Kieff did well in his first game, and PJ seemed to fit beautifully with the starters. So barring injury any additions will be replacing some of the Stus/Kieff minutes.


I assume that once Dipo is healthy, we may go smaller and it'll take Strus out and some of Kieff's mins will drop too. 8 man rotation, but also riding the hot hand. Strus the 9th guy with spot duty.

Lowry (33mpg) / Dipo (15mpg)
Robinson (30mpg) / Herro (18mpg)
Butler (25mpg) / Herro (12mpg) / Dipo (11mpg)
Tucker (24mpg) / Butler (8mpg) / Kieff (16mpg)
Adebayo (34mpg) / Dedmon (14mpg)

Butler - 33mpg
Adebayo - 34mpg
Lowry - 33mpg
Robinson - 30mpg
Herro - 30mpg
Oladipo - 26mpg
Kieff - 16mpg
Dedmon - 14mpg


I kept saying all offseason our biggest weakness will be the Morris minutes, Tucker is solid but can't be trusted to play big minutes on a consistent basis.

We have to find a way to play a solid big next to Bam who isn't Tucker. It might be Omer if he develops fast enough, KZ if he somehow gets it together or some new traded player that can play big, hit shots and defend. Morris is too unreliable (and looks out of shape still).

We can't afforded to grind Bam and Tucker all season against the biggest NBA bodies, it won't end well. We need a solid PF to take pressure off.


Meh. Not a pressing need until someone goes down. You have Bam/Dedmon/Tucker/Morris/Yurt7 in your lineup. Morris can give you starters minutes with Yurt7 backing him up. These guys seemingly have good chemistry after a summer of training camp so you have to be careful with who you bring in and what kind of PF you bring in. Would he be an Olynyk type or another Tucker/Morris type? It makes little sense unless the injury bug hits.
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,306
And1: 16,476
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#7 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=9GXWQcfxelvab8m9HUowNw&s=19

This is what I was talking about allowing Butler to play off the ball makes him a more versatile scorer and a better scorer instead of working so hard trying to create at top of the key. Same with Bam.

You don't want a player who can only score at top of the key because you can defensively game plan for it in the playoffs and bog the entire offense down

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,306
And1: 16,476
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#8 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:00 pm

https://youtu.be/3JLOGsOVvo4

what a pleasant sight that Bam scored 20 in 3 quarters without alley hoops or a pick n roll. He had two pick n pops. 5 jump shots!!!! 70% from the field

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 23,674
And1: 13,153
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#9 » by AirP. » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:38 pm

Clip of what Butler said in his post game interview about his daughter's birthday to Lowry.
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Hallstar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,087
And1: 4,476
Joined: Jul 15, 2008
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#10 » by Hallstar » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Funny enough, becoming the human victory cigar might finally be what Haslem needs to realize it's time to hang it up
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 23,674
And1: 13,153
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#11 » by AirP. » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Brian Windhorst on his podcast today(around the last 5 minutes of the podcast) he said all his friends who are doing fantasy basketball friends asking him for picks and he kept saying Tyler Herro.

https://player.fm/series/brian-windhorst-the-hoop-collective/what-will-the-76ers-do-parody-across-the-nba
al bondiga
Pro Prospect
Posts: 873
And1: 1,438
Joined: Oct 18, 2018

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#12 » by al bondiga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:31 pm

We are in the Great Direction, but being real...The way we will win a championship is if we have a superstar... first in line is Jimmy then bam then Tyler... jimmy is too old?, bam needs to be a Cutthroat m.fkr. and Tyler needs to develop the body
User avatar
harlem_ball
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,428
And1: 1,614
Joined: Sep 27, 2021
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#13 » by harlem_ball » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:32 pm

al bondiga wrote:We are in the Great Direction, but being real...The way we will win a championship is if we have a superstar... first in line is Jimmy then bam then Tyler... jimmy is too old?, bam needs to be a Cutthroat m.fkr. and Tyler needs to develop the body


Bam looks like he's headed to tier 1 status. The way Miami is constructed reminds me of the championship Spurs with Duncan. But it's still too early to tell if that's indeed the case.
User avatar
BenoUdrihFTL
General Manager
Posts: 8,708
And1: 18,850
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
Location: Papa John's
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#14 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:38 pm

al bondiga wrote:We are in the Great Direction, but being real...The way we will win a championship is if we have a superstar... first in line is Jimmy then bam then Tyler... jimmy is too old?, bam needs to be a Cutthroat m.fkr. and Tyler needs to develop the body

I guess it depends on your definition of superstar, but Yimmy qualifies for me in that I think he's been among the most impactful players in the NBA since he came to Miami. As per bball-index.com he finished 6th in overall LEBRON (Luck-adjusted player Estimate using a Box prior Regularized On/off) in 2020 and 5th last season. He just turned 32yo last month which is still within peak prime range for many players

And I also think Lowry is our 3rd best player, not Herro
1.61803398874989484820458683436563811772030917980576286
2135448622705260462818902449707207
204189391137484754088
0753868917521
26633862
22353
693
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,306
And1: 16,476
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#15 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm

The way Bucks defended Bam in the playoffs vs Bam last night.

Not defending him at all unless he gets in the paint and he didn't make them pay with his jumper just looking to hand off.

ImageImage

Now Bucks defending his jumper and when they did lay off he made them pay.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,306
And1: 16,476
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#16 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=5pz0gcFX13KwJQM0lGKABQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
MadD23
Pro Prospect
Posts: 848
And1: 1,421
Joined: Jul 14, 2019
     

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#17 » by MadD23 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:56 pm

Good to see everyone loves Tyler again. I really like this team, a combination of those 90's type defensive dogs but pushing the pace and playing fast on offense. Once Dipo returns, this team will be a problem to deal with.
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Head Coach
Posts: 7,178
And1: 34,848
Joined: Oct 20, 2016

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#18 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:24 am

MadD23 wrote:Good to see everyone loves Tyler again. I really like this team, a combination of those 90's type defensive dogs but pushing the pace and playing fast on offense. Once Dipo returns, this team will be a problem to deal with.


I’m not sold on Herro after one game. Consistency more than anything else is what I want to see. Good start, but he must continue to progress.
Four Time Banner Holder
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Head Coach
Posts: 7,178
And1: 34,848
Joined: Oct 20, 2016

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#19 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:27 am

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=5pz0gcFX13KwJQM0lGKABQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


No more safety blankets and no more easy way for the Bucks to double team him. Giannis gave Bam some room on that because he knew he couldn’t let Bam drive past him. Well played.
Four Time Banner Holder
User avatar
Umbooki
General Manager
Posts: 9,493
And1: 26,650
Joined: Oct 31, 2013
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#20 » by Umbooki » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:28 am

We’ll know if Herro is legit when he cooks the Magic.

Return to Miami Heat