ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1

Moderators: Wiltside, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, BFRESH44, IggieCC

User avatar
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 33,576
And1: 120,866
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
     

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#401 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:47 pm

The more realistic buyout option is going to be DJ Augustin.
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,321
And1: 16,489
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#402 » by twix2500 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:54 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:The more realistic buyout option is going to be DJ Augustin.
Once Dipo returns there will be no need for a backup point guard. Unless Dipo is just not physically ready to contribute at a high level.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 30,949
And1: 102,826
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#403 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:14 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:The more realistic buyout option is going to be DJ Augustin.
Once Dipo returns there will be no need for a backup point guard. Unless Dipo is just not physically ready to contribute at a high level.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


Always a need for a back-up

Dipo is miles away from proving himself
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

:rocking:
3ammy3uck3ts
Junior
Posts: 322
And1: 328
Joined: Nov 11, 2021
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#404 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:15 pm

I’d rather have too many options than not enough
eddieheatfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,617
And1: 17,028
Joined: Nov 07, 2014
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#405 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:46 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’d rather have too many options than not enough








Image
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,321
And1: 16,489
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#406 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:53 am

If the Heat can stay in the top four in east by all star break it will have a good chance to be a top 2 seed at the end.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
carnageta
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,429
And1: 3,813
Joined: Dec 16, 2019
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#407 » by carnageta » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:56 am

3pt loss to the Lakers.

3pt loss to the Clippers.

3pt loss to the Wizards.


Could have been 14-3 right now as opposed to 11-6. It is what it is though.
wadenation305
Senior
Posts: 509
And1: 810
Joined: Jun 20, 2018
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#408 » by wadenation305 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:51 pm

So about how many more games is everyone willing to wait before we have the "should we swap Herro for Duncan in the starting line-up" talk? When ever we make the switch it def would have to be after Dipo is back to bolster the bench. Maybe Duncan gets out of his funk playing against teams opposing benches.
User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,417
And1: 9,695
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#409 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:14 pm

wadenation305 wrote:So about how many more games is everyone willing to wait before we have the "should we swap Herro for Duncan in the starting line-up" talk? When ever we make the switch it def would have to be after Dipo is back to bolster the bench. Maybe Duncan gets out of his funk playing against teams opposing benches.

Duncan is who he is, I don't think he's in a funk. If we're being honest Herro should have come into the season as the starter but "politics" will keep him on the bench, at least for this season (unless Duncan gets hurt).
IceColdCubano
Pro Prospect
Posts: 855
And1: 1,767
Joined: Jul 05, 2017
       

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#410 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
wadenation305 wrote:So about how many more games is everyone willing to wait before we have the "should we swap Herro for Duncan in the starting line-up" talk? When ever we make the switch it def would have to be after Dipo is back to bolster the bench. Maybe Duncan gets out of his funk playing against teams opposing benches.

Duncan is who he is, I don't think he's in a funk. If we're being honest Herro should have come into the season as the starter but "politics" will keep him on the bench, at least for this season (unless Duncan gets hurt).

Its about fit this season, Herro as a starter will make our starting unit look better but our bench production will plummet substantially. Duncan just needs to start hitting his 3pt's so we can get in a groove like were meant to.
User avatar
Hallstar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,089
And1: 4,481
Joined: Jul 15, 2008
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#411 » by Hallstar » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:23 pm

When we had Bron/Bosh/Wade, who was this good player coming off the bench before Ray got here?
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,321
And1: 16,489
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#412 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:56 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:
wadenation305 wrote:So about how many more games is everyone willing to wait before we have the "should we swap Herro for Duncan in the starting line-up" talk? When ever we make the switch it def would have to be after Dipo is back to bolster the bench. Maybe Duncan gets out of his funk playing against teams opposing benches.

Duncan is who he is, I don't think he's in a funk. If we're being honest Herro should have come into the season as the starter but "politics" will keep him on the bench, at least for this season (unless Duncan gets hurt).

Its about fit this season, Herro as a starter will make our starting unit look better but our bench production will plummet substantially. Duncan just needs to start hitting his 3pt's so we can get in a groove like were meant to.
And role. Duncan plays a spot up shooting role. He is in the starting lineup since day one because that is the role they need. Are you replacing Duncan so Herro can be a spot up shooter? Is that a promotion from his previous role? Or are you taking the ball out of Butler, Lowry or Bams hands in the 1st quarter? Someone is taking less shots, someone is not getting to handle the ball in the first quarter or with that unit.

I know some think they can just keep taking turns on responsibilities. That makes for a very incoherent offense.

If you say well Herro can be the spot up guy in the first then take lead in the second. Now you used up his energy in the first being Duncan Robinson clone and you want him to get aggressive later?

Duncan Robinson spot in the starting lineup is fit for a role player. Herro spot off the bench is for a go too player.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,321
And1: 16,489
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#413 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Hallstar wrote:When we had Bron/Bosh/Wade, who was this good player coming off the bench before Ray got here?
Bosh game suffered because of so. And Lebron played dam near every min at times. Its the reason Mike Miller was moved to the bench.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
3ammy3uck3ts
Junior
Posts: 322
And1: 328
Joined: Nov 11, 2021
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#414 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm

That Adam Borai guy listed the Pacers, Kings, Raptors, Spurs, Pistons, and Magic as potential trade partners for us. He didn’t flat out say it but he made it pretty clear in the comments. Just don’t see how anything is possible if we can’t trade Duncan
User avatar
Hallstar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,089
And1: 4,481
Joined: Jul 15, 2008
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#415 » by Hallstar » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:53 pm

twix2500 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Duncan is who he is, I don't think he's in a funk. If we're being honest Herro should have come into the season as the starter but "politics" will keep him on the bench, at least for this season (unless Duncan gets hurt).

Its about fit this season, Herro as a starter will make our starting unit look better but our bench production will plummet substantially. Duncan just needs to start hitting his 3pt's so we can get in a groove like were meant to.
And role. Duncan plays a spot up shooting role. He is in the starting lineup since day one because that is the role they need. Are you replacing Duncan so Herro can be a spot up shooter? Is that a promotion from his previous role? Or are you taking the ball out of Butler, Lowry or Bams hands in the 1st quarter? Someone is taking less shots, someone is not getting to handle the ball in the first quarter or with that unit.

I know some think they can just keep taking turns on responsibilities. That makes for a very incoherent offense.

If you say well Herro can be the spot up guy in the first then take lead in the second. Now you used up his energy in the first being Duncan Robinson clone and you want him to get aggressive later?

Duncan Robinson spot in the starting lineup is fit for a role player. Herro spot off the bench is for a go too player.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There's no reason for him to be just a spot up shooter. It's not like we were running some high power offense the last couple years.

And yes I'm taking the ball out of Bam's hands as a creator.
User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,417
And1: 9,695
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#416 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm

twix2500 wrote:And role. Duncan plays a spot up shooting role. He is in the starting lineup since day one because that is the role they need. Are you replacing Duncan so Herro can be a spot up shooter? Is that a promotion from his previous role? Or are you taking the ball out of Butler, Lowry or Bams hands in the 1st quarter? Someone is taking less shots, someone is not getting to handle the ball in the first quarter or with that unit.

I know some think they can just keep taking turns on responsibilities. That makes for a very incoherent offense.

If you say well Herro can be the spot up guy in the first then take lead in the second. Now you used up his energy in the first being Duncan Robinson clone and you want him to get aggressive later?

Duncan Robinson spot in the starting lineup is fit for a role player. Herro spot off the bench is for a go too player.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


I feel like this is the only fan base in the league that actually tries to rationalize a one dimensional/one way player starting over a multi-faceted 3 level scorer. Duncan's one trick is 3 point shooting and Herro is blowing him out of the water there. I'm just glad we wont have to have this debate after this season lol.
3ammy3uck3ts
Junior
Posts: 322
And1: 328
Joined: Nov 11, 2021
 

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#417 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:18 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:And role. Duncan plays a spot up shooting role. He is in the starting lineup since day one because that is the role they need. Are you replacing Duncan so Herro can be a spot up shooter? Is that a promotion from his previous role? Or are you taking the ball out of Butler, Lowry or Bams hands in the 1st quarter? Someone is taking less shots, someone is not getting to handle the ball in the first quarter or with that unit.

I know some think they can just keep taking turns on responsibilities. That makes for a very incoherent offense.

If you say well Herro can be the spot up guy in the first then take lead in the second. Now you used up his energy in the first being Duncan Robinson clone and you want him to get aggressive later?

Duncan Robinson spot in the starting lineup is fit for a role player. Herro spot off the bench is for a go too player.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


I feel like this is the only fan base in the league that actually tries to rationalize a one dimensional/one way player starting over a multi-faceted 3 level scorer. Duncan's one trick is 3 point shooting and Herro is blowing him out of the water there. I'm just glad we wont have to have this debate after this season lol.


Get me Harrison Barnes to take Robinson’s place.
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,321
And1: 16,489
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#418 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:31 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:And role. Duncan plays a spot up shooting role. He is in the starting lineup since day one because that is the role they need. Are you replacing Duncan so Herro can be a spot up shooter? Is that a promotion from his previous role? Or are you taking the ball out of Butler, Lowry or Bams hands in the 1st quarter? Someone is taking less shots, someone is not getting to handle the ball in the first quarter or with that unit.

I know some think they can just keep taking turns on responsibilities. That makes for a very incoherent offense.

If you say well Herro can be the spot up guy in the first then take lead in the second. Now you used up his energy in the first being Duncan Robinson clone and you want him to get aggressive later?

Duncan Robinson spot in the starting lineup is fit for a role player. Herro spot off the bench is for a go too player.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


I feel like this is the only fan base in the league that actually tries to rationalize a one dimensional/one way player starting over a multi-faceted 3 level scorer. Duncan's one trick is 3 point shooting and Herro is blowing him out of the water there. I'm just glad we wont have to have this debate after this season lol.
They are not competing with each other. They play two different roles. You need players who can excell in limited roles because there are players who take on bigger roles. Even if Duncan was a good ball handler he will get very little opportunity to do so. The Heat do not run a freelance scheme.

If Duncan doesn't workout they need to find another player who plays off the ball stretch. Some should completely understand this even thou i know its more about what you want for Herro individually. Herro is in the best role for him and the team. He has more liberty in his current role. Put him in the starting spot for Duncan he is restricted by the role he would play.

Look at Tucker excelling here and how Crowder excell here but struggle elsewhere. Its because of the role. Dragic struggle in Phoenix because of the role they put him. Roles matter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Kobewade11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,417
And1: 9,695
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#419 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:38 pm

twix2500 wrote:f
They are not competing with each other. They play two different roles. You need players who can excell in limited roles because there are players who take on bigger roles. Even if Duncan was a good ball handler he will get very little opportunity to do so. The Heat do not run a freelance scheme.

If Duncan doesn't workout they need to find another player who plays off the ball stretch. Some should completely understand this even thou i know its more about what you want for Herro individually. Herro is in the best role for him and the team. He has more liberty in his current role. Put him in the starting spot for Duncan he is restricted by the role he would play.

Look at Tucker excelling here and how Crowder excell here but struggle elsewhere. Its because of the role. Dragic struggle in Phoenix because of the role they put him. Roles matter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


Herro is going to be the starting shooting guard on this team, and its not about what I want for him individually, I root for this team not any particular individual. And you always want to get your five best out there..that's just basketball. Duncan is merely keeping the seat warm for this season. If you think otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,321
And1: 16,489
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#420 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:51 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:f
They are not competing with each other. They play two different roles. You need players who can excell in limited roles because there are players who take on bigger roles. Even if Duncan was a good ball handler he will get very little opportunity to do so. The Heat do not run a freelance scheme.

If Duncan doesn't workout they need to find another player who plays off the ball stretch. Some should completely understand this even thou i know its more about what you want for Herro individually. Herro is in the best role for him and the team. He has more liberty in his current role. Put him in the starting spot for Duncan he is restricted by the role he would play.

Look at Tucker excelling here and how Crowder excell here but struggle elsewhere. Its because of the role. Dragic struggle in Phoenix because of the role they put him. Roles matter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


Herro is going to be the starting shooting guard on this team, and its not about what I want for him individually, I root for this team not any particular individual. And you always want to get your five best out there..that's just basketball. Duncan is merely keeping the seat warm for this season. If you think otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.
When he does other players on the roster and roles will change. As it currently constructed this the best role. Eventually has nothing to do with some of you whining about it happening now. There is no benefit. It doesn't make the team better.

Duncan and Tucker role is to allow Bam and Butler to be the best version of themselves. Whats the point of putting Herro in there to make Butler and Bam less of players. Its silly. Its just personal desire that some want the title for him.

And no you do not want the five best players out at the same time. You want the best unit out.

Herro being 20 pt scorer off the bench doesn't mean he will be a 20 pt scorer with the starting lineup. There are limited amount of shots in a game. You want to put the ball in the hands of the best player throughout the game. Herro is getting the ball in areas of the game that allows him to get those shots. Or why would you want Herro to be in the starting lineup get 20 but want Butler and or Bam to get less. It makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Return to Miami Heat