ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,788

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 1 

Post#441 » by greg4012 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:56 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:When he does other players on the roster and roles will change. As it currently constructed this the best role. Eventually has nothing to do with some of you whining about it happening now. There is no benefit. It doesn't make the team better.

Duncan and Tucker role is to allow Bam and Butler to be the best version of themselves. Whats the point of putting Herro in there to make Butler and Bam less of players. Its silly. Its just personal desire that some want the title for him.

And no you do not want the five best players out at the same time. You want the best unit out.

Herro being 20 pt scorer off the bench doesn't mean he will be a 20 pt scorer with the starting lineup. There are limited amount of shots in a game. You want to put the ball in the hands of the best player throughout the game. Herro is getting the ball in areas of the game that allows him to get those shots. Or why would you want Herro to be in the starting lineup get 20 but want Butler and or Bam to get less. It makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lets agree to disagree and end this exchange Snickers

Until its brought up again in a day or 2 by the next poster...

"Hey guys...I just had an epiphany! Tyler Herro should be starting because he's better than Duncan. This disrespect cannot stand. The team will implode if this doesn't happen immediately. Inconceivable!"
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,970

Post#442 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:20 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:When he does other players on the roster and roles will change. As it currently constructed this the best role. Eventually has nothing to do with some of you whining about it happening now. There is no benefit. It doesn't make the team better.

Duncan and Tucker role is to allow Bam and Butler to be the best version of themselves. Whats the point of putting Herro in there to make Butler and Bam less of players. Its silly. Its just personal desire that some want the title for him.

And no you do not want the five best players out at the same time. You want the best unit out.

Herro being 20 pt scorer off the bench doesn't mean he will be a 20 pt scorer with the starting lineup. There are limited amount of shots in a game. You want to put the ball in the hands of the best player throughout the game. Herro is getting the ball in areas of the game that allows him to get those shots. Or why would you want Herro to be in the starting lineup get 20 but want Butler and or Bam to get less. It makes no sense.

"Hey guys...I just had an epiphany! Tyler Herro should be starting because he's better than Duncan. This disrespect cannot stand. The team will implode if this doesn't happen immediately. Inconceivable!"

As if Tyler has the power to ruin this team and it’s chemistry or that he would even want to do that over not starting. Boy we will send you on the first flight to Washington this summer if you want to act up! He’s probably on his best behavior because Jimmy and UD put the fear of god in him lmao!
#FreeBam
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#443 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:25 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Lets agree to disagree and end this exchange Snickers

As if Tyler has the power to ruin this team and it’s chemistry or that he would even want to do that over not starting. Boy we will send you on the first flight to Washington this summer if you want to act up! He’s probably on his best behavior because Jimmy and UD put the fear of god in him lmao!

The Wiz won't trade Beal so im not sure what we would be getting back in this imaginary trade? Also thats exactly what Tyler wants at the end, to be starting. One doesn't compare himself to Trae or Luka to be happy on the bench, just simple freaking common sense and human nature. At the end of the day Tyler will be a starter, the real question is whether it will be on this team or another.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#444 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:33 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

The Wiz won't trade Beal so im not sure what we would be getting back in this imaginary trade? Also thats exactly what Tyler wants at the end, to be starting. One doesn't compare himself to Trae or Luka to be happy on the bench, just simple freaking common sense and human nature. At the end of the day Tyler will be a starter, the real question is whether it will be on this team or another.

It was just a scenario but if he wants to act up he can be traded pretty quick for a good return. I agree he’ll be starting and is more than likely the future SG of this team but he’s not going to act up and the Herro stans are blowing it way out of proportion.

He plays just as much as Jimmy, closes every game and is our 2nd option as a scorer in the 4th, takes the most shots, leads the team in usage, etc. I promise you he’s not unhappy lol
#FreeBam
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#445 » by harlem_ball » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:37 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

No. Purely your imagination :lol:
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,824

Post#446 » by AirP. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:40 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

One thing that isn't ever brought up between Robinson and Herro TOs, Herro currently is turning the ball over 2 more times per game then Robinson, that's instantly 2 possessions Miami just doesn't get a chance to score vs Robinson(at least you have a chance to make the shot or get an offensive rebound). If/when Robinson starts hitting his shot more routinely(and that should happen), he's a much better fit with the starters for the first 3 1/2 quarters, when it's getting down to crunch time and being able to get your own shot becomes much more important, then Herro is a better fit(which is why he's ending games vs Robinson).

It'll be interesting when Oladipo comes back and if he can get anywhere near what he was just last year a month or 2 before the end of the season he'll probably end up on the court to finish games with Lowry, Butler, Tucker and Bam because he'll probably be a good/very good defender and probably be able to get his own shot with the best defender having to deal with Butler.

Still don't like giving Robinson anywhere near the money he got unless he's going to be a trade asset in the next 1/2-1 1/2 years.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#447 » by AirP. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 pm

BTW... ORTG-DRTG 17 games in, overall Herro isn't much better then Robinson even with Herro shooting great so far and Robinson shooting horribly so far, both bad defenders but Herro not as efficient as he should be because of TOs. Lowry has been a disappointment, at first he looked only to pass, but his offense just hasn't been good much like Robinson's year Miami is still 11-6 with those issues.

Code: Select all

Name            ORtg DRtg ORtg-DRtg
----            ---- ---- ---------
Jimmy Butler    131  103         28
P.J. Tucker     131  107         24
Dewayne Dedmon  121  102         19
Udonis Haslem   117  102         15
Bam Adebayo     112  101         11
Caleb Martin    106  101          5
Max Strus       109  106          3
Kyle Lowry      107  106          1
Tyler Herro     108  108          0
Gabe Vincent    109  109          0
Omer Yurtseven  105  107         -2
Duncan Robinson 103  106         -3
Markieff Morris 105  109         -4
KZ Okpala       97   107        -10
Marcus Garrett  93   111        -18
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#448 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:54 pm

Yea the difference in TOs is to be expected though. Robinson literally has 1 job and it’s to catch and shoot. Tyler is needed to be a 3 level scorer and playmaker so that’s not surprising at all.

I actually think when Dipo comes back if he’s still what he was then our closing lineup will be

Lowry
Dipo
Herro
Jimmy
Bam

With Tucker subbing in offense/defense with Herro when needed. If we’re up against Giannis/Durant this may change with Tucker closing over Dipo due to matchup reasons but I’m not sure.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#449 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:26 pm

I think the entire fan base is confused on Duncan’s availability right now lol Adam Borai just told me Duncan can be traded before March.

He also said we’re going to be active on the buyout market.
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#450 » by AirP. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:30 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Yea the difference in TOs is to be expected though. Robinson literally has 1 job and it’s to catch and shoot. Tyler is needed to be a 3 level scorer and playmaker so that’s not surprising at all.

I actually think when Dipo comes back if he’s still what he was then our closing lineup will be

Lowry
Dipo
Herro
Jimmy
Bam

With Tucker subbing in offense/defense with Herro when needed. If we’re up against Giannis/Durant this may change with Tucker closing over Dipo due to matchup reasons but I’m not sure.

It's a big thing added those TOs to the starting lineup(by replacing Robinson) taking less possessions away from the best players throughout the game.

Once Robinson starts hitting his shots at an above NBA average level he'll be a better fit for the team as a starter over Herro, as of now he's not but having him come off the bench isn't really going to work well since he'll be a higher priority for the defense with the 2nd team.

Also with Herro is doing really well scoring, teams are scouting his current season of videso on how and why he is being so effective and at some point teams should be able to make it tougher to get his shots. Hopefully he already has counters ready and won't really be slowed down much, but the more attention should allow his teammates more offensive freedom.

Oladipo is very interesting, not just this year but for the next few years.
  • He plays a big part in Miami and take way less to stay? I'm not sure he would, if he's good he probably won't be good taking less then Robinson(maybe less years), especially if he's a better player then Robinson.
  • He play a big part in Miami and gets paid, meaning other money/players may have to be moved.
  • He just isn't good, which means no big part and Miami basically lost a good/great asset for nothing.

Lowry, Oladipo, Butler, Tucker, and Bam is the type of defense Miami seems to want, nearly everyone on the court can cover at a decent level almost any player on the other team with a few exceptions. That's potentially an INCREDIBLE switching offense but only if Oladipo comes back nearly as good as he was which might be why Miami may hold him out until they feel he's completely back to what they think his new normal is.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#451 » by AirP. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:35 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I think the entire fan base is confused on Duncan’s availability right now lol Adam Borai just told me Duncan can be traded before March.

Miami probably can only be active on the buyout market if they make a trade to create more roster space, I expect that by how much they're using Martin they'll want to keep him for the playoffs roster which can only happen if he's signed to a minimum at some point this year. If that happens soon enough, Miami could add another 2-way player to work on developing for the future.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,705

Post#452 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:38 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I think the entire fan base is confused on Duncan’s availability right now lol Adam Borai just told me Duncan can be traded before March.

This is correct. Duncan can’t be traded until after first week of March which means he’s not getting traded this year. Possibly in the offseason in 2022. The buyout market and getting KZ off the books is what we will be doing.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#453 » by Hallstar » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:50 pm

AirP. wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Lets agree to disagree and end this exchange Snickers

One thing that isn't ever brought up between Robinson and Herro TOs, Herro currently is turning the ball over 2 more times per game then Robinson, that's instantly 2 possessions Miami just doesn't get a chance to score vs Robinson(at least you have a chance to make the shot or get an offensive rebound). If/when Robinson starts hitting his shot more routinely(and that should happen), he's a much better fit with the starters for the first 3 1/2 quarters, when it's getting down to crunch time and being able to get your own shot becomes much more important, then Herro is a better fit(which is why he's ending games vs Robinson).

It'll be interesting when Oladipo comes back and if he can get anywhere near what he was just last year a month or 2 before the end of the season he'll probably end up on the court to finish games with Lowry, Butler, Tucker and Bam because he'll probably be a good/very good defender and probably be able to get his own shot with the best defender having to deal with Butler.

Still don't like giving Robinson anywhere near the money he got unless he's going to be a trade asset in the next 1/2-1 1/2 years.

Bam is avg more turnovers than Herro, let's start Haslem.

Heat fans love the scrapper. I swear if we could win scoring 90 on 3/5 nights and get blown out by 20 on the other 2, Heat fans will always say how they didn't defend hard enough.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,777

Post#454 » by al bondiga » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:37 pm

luke Walton New asst. head coach
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#455 » by harlem_ball » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:19 pm

al bondiga wrote:luke Walton New asst. head coach

:crazy:
AirP.
RealGM

Post#456 » by AirP. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Hallstar wrote:
AirP. wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Bam is avg more turnovers than Herro, let's start Haslem.

Heat fans love the scrapper. I swear if we could win scoring 90 on 3/5 nights and get blown out by 20 on the other 2, Heat fans will always say how they didn't defend hard enough.

Yes, there are a few players with more TOs on average then Herro, this was about the debate of Herro over Robinson with the starting lineup which is why I was talking about the 2 of them. Just to toss this in, one of the secrets to Butler's success is his low TOs(to not limit the offense to less possessions) while getting a high amount of steals(giving the other team less shots at the basket and generating his own team a good amount of easy fast break points), it's normally overlooked when trying to figure out why he seems to make such a difference on the court outside of his offense.

Personally, I love defensive teams and hate, hate, hate defensive teams with the one or two bad defenders in the starting/closing lineups who let the other team still generate good looks. Miami is so close to having a starting lineup of all good 2-way players(although Tucker is a roleplayer on offense), get that 5th really good defender(who has at least decent offensive skills, Oladipo could be that guy) and watch how good overall that team will score with the help of fast breaks and more time on the shot clock because they're not having to get the ball and pass it in from out of bounds.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,935

Post#457 » by Wiltside » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:04 pm

Is a prime Tyler Herro going to be a 50/40/90 guy?
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,987

Post#458 » by carnageta » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:18 pm

Wiltside wrote:Is a prime Tyler Herro going to be a 50/40/90 guy?

Possibly.

The 3pt % and free throw % can definitely meet the threshold, but I'm not sure if he can sustain shooting over 50% from the field for an entire season..

45/40/90 is definitely do-able though
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,935

Post#459 » by Wiltside » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:39 pm

carnageta wrote:

Possibly.

The 3pt % and free throw % can definitely meet the threshold, but I'm not sure if he can sustain shooting over 50% from the field for an entire season..

He's just about at 45/40/90 now.

50% from the floor may be too optimistic, but it'd be nice if he could get to high 40's. He's improving, so we'll see I guess.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#460 » by Hallstar » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:58 pm

Wiltside wrote:
carnageta wrote:

Possibly.

He's just about at 45/40/90 now.

50% from the floor may be too optimistic, but it'd be nice if he could get to high 40's. He's improving, so we'll see I guess.

As he gets more ref respect, some calls at the rim will come, that will help also.

Return to Miami Heat