ImageImageImage

Game 13: Miami Heat at Utah Jazz Nov 13 Sat 5PM USA EST (Sunday 14/11 6AM - Perth Time)

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,942

Re: Game 13: Miami Heat at Utah Jazz Nov 13 Sat 5PM USA EST (Sunday 14/11 6AM - Perth Time) 

Post#321 » by dshearn » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:47 am

Missed the game......

Did Duncan finally get the catch and shoot landing?

I see the high assist total on Bam....did the team go back to lots of Hand offs to get Ducan open??
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,972

Re: Game 13: Miami Heat at Utah Jazz Nov 13 Sat 5PM USA EST (Sunday 14/11 6AM - Perth Time) 

Post#322 » by carnageta » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:59 am

harlem_ball wrote:
carnageta wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:The point is there is a player named Yurt7 that would have made it easier inside. 34-14 screams outside the box change even for one possession, yes lmao.

Yurt-7 is a d-league sensation who hasn't had an ounce of success in the NBA yet. He's really not the difference maker ya'll play him out to be lmao. Maybe he can be in the future, but he ain't ready.

He looked ready against the Lakers the other night in spot minutes. Spo clearly doesnt like to go bigger than he has to.

He did look good, but that was in limited minutes. We can't extrapolate 3 minutes of playing time and assume he'll play like that every single time he'll step out onto the court.

You're right though, Spo doesn't like playing bigger than he needs to.. and tonight he really didn't need to play bigger. We outrebounded the Jazz by 10.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,021

Post#323 » by SerialChiller » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:41 am

dshearn wrote:Missed the game......

Did Duncan finally get the catch and shoot landing?

I see the high assist total on Bam....did the team go back to lots of Hand offs to get Ducan open??

I missed the game as well but here is a look at all 6 of Duncan's 3s I found...

SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,021

Post#324 » by SerialChiller » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:43 am

How crazy is this...

Read on Twitter
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#325 » by harlem_ball » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:30 am

carnageta wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
carnageta wrote:
Yurt-7 is a d-league sensation who hasn't had an ounce of success in the NBA yet. He's really not the difference maker ya'll play him out to be lmao. Maybe he can be in the future, but he ain't ready.

He looked ready against the Lakers the other night in spot minutes. Spo clearly doesnt like to go bigger than he has to.

He did look good, but that was in limited minutes. We can't extrapolate 3 minutes of playing time and assume he'll play like that every single time he'll step out onto the court.

You're right though, Spo doesn't like playing bigger than he needs to.. and tonight he really didn't need to play bigger. We outrebounded the Jazz by 10.

Outrebounded the Jazz, that's fine but the toll of going undersized will be realized further down the season. It's already bitten Spo in the ass before and he refuses to change. We will see. Big bodies change the dynamic.
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst
And1: 4,031

Post#326 » by Heat_Down_Under » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:51 am

harlem_ball wrote:
carnageta wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:

Outrebounded the Jazz, that's fine but the toll of going undersized will be realized further down the season. It's already bitten Spo in the ass before and he refuses to change. We will see. Big bodies change the dynamic.

Thank you!!
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#327 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:05 am

Small ball = more injuries and fatigue. Not enough memory left for Spobot to account for this variable tho.
OP for NBA FT record
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#328 » by harlem_ball » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:11 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
carnageta wrote:

Thank you!!

HeatFanLifer wrote:Small ball = more injuries and fatigue. Not enough memory left for Spobot to account for this variable tho.

You're welcome and I'm no genius but a performance like what Tucker gave you tonight is idiotic to depend on throughout the season. Spo sucks because of this and it's telling that he got to the finals in a shortened scenario where he didn't burn out his players.

Wake up, Spo you wanker!

Heat_Down_Under
Analyst
And1: 4,031

Post#329 » by Heat_Down_Under » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:31 am

^^
I’m with you bro..

It’s not hard for one game to try:

C- Dedmon, Yurt
PF -Bam, Tucker, Morris
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#330 » by harlem_ball » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:08 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:^^
I’m with you bro..

It’s not hard for one game to try:

C- Dedmon, Yurt
PF -Bam, Tucker, Morris

exactly, he experiments with smallish lineups but doesnt want to go in this direction when miami's weakness has been size. Pacers? LOSS, Lakers? LOSS, Nuggets? LOSS, Clippers? LOSS... I guess Clippers arent that big and that was a fatigue loss but still... the team would be less fatigued going big as you know and are agreeing with. Jokic absolutely destroyed the HEATS
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,458

Post#331 » by Bishop45 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am

This is why OP gets all the women
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,458

Post#332 » by Bishop45 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:56 am

DayofMourning wrote:The Wiz have the best record in the East. Wtf?

Haven't watched a single game of theirs and will not until I have to
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,373

Post#333 » by MHeat0279 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:38 pm

carnageta wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:
carnageta wrote:
Utah brought in Whiteside alongside Gobert on one possession, and that was to secure a defensive rebound lmao.

The point is there is a player named Yurt7 that would have made it easier inside. 34-14 screams outside the box change even for one possession, yes lmao.

He will never be if you dont give him playing time, what other options we have? Dedmond? I mean i like Dedmond dont get me wrong, but at this point i will definitely play Yurt before him, way more ceiling that Dedmond. Its not like we are winning a championship anytime soon, so you might as well roll the dice and see if Yurt develops, he has the tools, its just about giving him some playing time backing up Bam.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,972

Post#334 » by carnageta » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:43 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
carnageta wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:The point is there is a player named Yurt7 that would have made it easier inside. 34-14 screams outside the box change even for one possession, yes lmao.

He will never be if you dont give him playing time, what other options we have? Dedmond? I mean i like Dedmond dont get me wrong, but at this point i will definitely play Yurt before him, way more ceiling that Dedmond. Its not like we are winning a championship anytime soon, so you might as well roll the dice and see if Yurt develops, he has the tools, its just about giving him some playing time backing up Bam.

This Heat team is competing for a championship and Yurt is nowhere near as serviceable as Dedmon.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,373

Post#335 » by MHeat0279 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:23 pm

carnageta wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
carnageta wrote:

This Heat team is competing for a championship and Yurt is nowhere near as serviceable as Dedmon.

I dont think you are winnig a championship with this roster, how can you say Yurt is nowhere as serviceable as Dedmond when we have not seen Yurt play, we have not seen what he can give us given some important minutes.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,841

Post#336 » by Wiltside » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:55 pm

Yurt is serving his apprenticeship, just like Duncan did his first season with the Heat. Spot duty only, injury insurance if Dedmon/Morris both go down.

I would expect perhaps next season that he will have a legit shot at minutes, if he shows enough growth behind the scenes.

Trust me, I'm very keen to give Yurt reps and see what he's got, but the coaching staff has a plan. We've developed enough players over the journey to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat