ImageImageImage

Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure

Moderators: IggieCC, Wiltside, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, BFRESH44

User avatar
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,828
And1: 3,696
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
   

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#161 » by puppa bear » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good deal for Knicks, only useful for Hawks if they needed an extra pick to make a deal.
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 15,113
And1: 28,191
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#162 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:29 pm

Bol bol era ended with a silent thud

what an era it was


Spoiler:
KZ >
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 15,113
And1: 28,191
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#163 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 pm

puppa bear wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good deal for Knicks, only useful for Hawks if they needed an extra pick to make a deal.



Knicks gave a first round pick and will now need to give Reddish a big long term deal next year

They better hope he improves dramatically, fast
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
AirP.
RealGM
Posts: 24,348
And1: 14,051
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#164 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:04 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good deal for Knicks, only useful for Hawks if they needed an extra pick to make a deal.



Knicks gave a first round pick and will now need to give Reddish a big long term deal next year

They better hope he improves dramatically, fast

Who's offering him a big contract that NY would match?

People thought the same thing a few years ago with Chicago and LaVine and he was more proven although he was coming off an injury and only Sacramento offered him a contract at 20 mil a year that Chicago matched with no hesitation.
oreon
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,635
And1: 3,535
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#165 » by oreon » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:52 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Bol bol era ended with a silent thud

what an era it was


Spoiler:
KZ >


Poor kid, I feel for him. Could be generational with a healthy body. It's a shame.
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 24,286
And1: 63,083
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#166 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:13 pm

And Philly gets blown out by the Wiz on their 3rd game in 4 nights. That's how it goes. Tired legs can't hit shots.
Image
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 14,902
And1: 53,330
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#167 » by Wiltside » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:01 am

DayofMourning wrote:And Philly gets blown out by the Wiz on their 3rd game in 4 nights. That's how it goes. Tired legs can't hit shots.


Wonder if Philly will bite the bullet and trade Simmons pre deadline. Kinda feel like Utah should be buyers tbh.

Simmons and Korkmaz for Conley, Ingles, 2022 FRP and protected 2024 FRP.

UTAH
Mitchell
O’Neale / Clarkson
Bogdanovic / Korkmaz
Simmons / Gay
Gobert / Whiteside / Azubuike

Ben runs the 1 on offense, the 3 or 4 on defense. Some fit issues with Rudy but they can also run lineups with Korkmaz, Clarkson and Bogdanovic/Mitchell to add shooting around them. Need another guard in the buyout market.

PHILADELPHIA

Conley / Maxey
Curry / Milton /Joe
Green / Thybulle
Harris / Ingles / Niang
Embiid / Drummond

Maxey doesn’t deserve to lose his starting spot, but Conley gives them the veteran they may need in the playoffs. Ingles another veteran playmaker and shooter, along with picks to be used to draft young talent or trade.

Just a left field thought.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 51,406
And1: 231,768
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Green Dolphin Street
 

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#168 » by IggieCC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
Five Time Banner Holder
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 51,406
And1: 231,768
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Green Dolphin Street
 

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#169 » by IggieCC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:51 pm

6ers seem a little delusional about asking price for non-shooting ass-attitude Ben
Image
Five Time Banner Holder
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 14,902
And1: 53,330
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#170 » by Wiltside » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:53 pm

IggieCC wrote:6ers seem a little delusional about asking price for non-shooting ass-attitude Ben


Morey definitely tripping Iggs.

They gonna have to realise that they're getting cents on the dollar for him.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 51,406
And1: 231,768
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Green Dolphin Street
 

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#171 » by IggieCC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter

wicked dunk. but the ball almost slipped off his hand. he's the worst dunker in terms of accuracy (I'm pretty sure if there is a stat for it). probably time to use both hands or lay it in more frequently.
Image
Five Time Banner Holder
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 51,406
And1: 231,768
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Green Dolphin Street
 

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#172 » by IggieCC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:03 pm

Wiltside wrote:
IggieCC wrote:6ers seem a little delusional about asking price for non-shooting ass-attitude Ben


Morey definitely tripping Iggs.

They gonna have to realise that they're getting cents on the dollar for him.

Yeah, I like your Utah package better than Detroit, but that's as high as 6ers could hope for.

His value took a hit in the playoffs, then some more this off-szn. Morey gotta be more realistic
Image
Five Time Banner Holder
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 14,902
And1: 53,330
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#173 » by Wiltside » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:19 pm

IggieCC wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
IggieCC wrote:6ers seem a little delusional about asking price for non-shooting ass-attitude Ben


Morey definitely tripping Iggs.

They gonna have to realise that they're getting cents on the dollar for him.

Yeah, I like your Utah package better than Detroit, but that's as high as 6ers could hope for.

His value took a hit in the playoffs, then some more this off-szn. Morey gotta be more realistic


I just feel that Utah ain't it, the way they're presently constructed.

A swing on a guy like Ben could be what lifts them to that next level. Yeah, it may also sink them, but for that cost it'd be worth the punt IMO. Would be lol to see Donovan and Ben on the same team considering their RoY beef - but they'd actually compliment each other well. Having shooters like Bogdanovic/Clarkson/Korkmaz could atleast help in lineups where Rudy and Ben feature. The defense with Ben and Rudy would be sick though tbh.

Philly atleast gets a solid PG in Conley to mentor Maxey, a vet swingman and fiesty chivato in Ingles and 2 x FRP's to assist in building the roster. Vets that will help them now in the playoffs, as well as assets down the line.

Just do it already.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,828
And1: 3,696
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
   

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#174 » by puppa bear » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:24 am

IggieCC wrote:
Read on Twitter

Morey/Sixers are crazy if this is true.

This smells more like those rumours where team X calls and floats an idea, team Y says no, then team X leaks “there were conversations”.
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 51,406
And1: 231,768
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Green Dolphin Street
 

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#175 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:37 am

puppa bear wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Morey/Sixers are crazy if this is true.

This smells more like those rumours where team X calls and floats an idea, team Y says no, then team X leaks “there were conversations”.

he's definitely try to milk as much as possible. hopefully it backfires and he ends up with a lousy deal.

Kyrie, Ben, Joe Ingles, Patty too many wack Aussies it's an automatic red flag imho
Image
Five Time Banner Holder
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 14,902
And1: 53,330
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#176 » by Wiltside » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:10 am

IggieCC wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Morey/Sixers are crazy if this is true.

This smells more like those rumours where team X calls and floats an idea, team Y says no, then team X leaks “there were conversations”.

he's definitely try to milk as much as possible. hopefully it backfires and he ends up with a lousy deal.

Kyrie, Ben, Joe Ingles, Patty too many wack Aussies it's an automatic red flag imho


Kyrie :x :talkhand:
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
3ballbomber
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,792
And1: 4,787
Joined: Jan 24, 2011
Location: Burn City
 

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#177 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:24 am

IggieCC wrote:
Read on Twitter

wicked dunk. but the ball almost slipped off his hand. he's the worst dunker in terms of accuracy (I'm pretty sure if there is a stat for it). probably time to use both hands or lay it in more frequently.

I'm just not impressed w/ anything Westbrook does anymore #bonehead
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 14,902
And1: 53,330
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#178 » by Wiltside » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:48 am

I dislike WB’s game as much as anyone, but that dunk was nasty.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 19,629
And1: 16,839
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#179 » by twix2500 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 am

Read on Twitter
?t=udrgCOC8q2Sn3J_As7AscA&s=19

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
User avatar
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,828
And1: 3,696
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
   

Re: Around the NBA, VOL. Another Iggie started szn might be subject to closure 

Post#180 » by puppa bear » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:13 pm

Wiltside wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
puppa bear wrote:Morey/Sixers are crazy if this is true.

This smells more like those rumours where team X calls and floats an idea, team Y says no, then team X leaks “there were conversations”.

he's definitely try to milk as much as possible. hopefully it backfires and he ends up with a lousy deal.

Kyrie, Ben, Joe Ingles, Patty too many wack Aussies it's an automatic red flag imho


Kyrie :x :talkhand:

Yeah, I think about the only time we claim Kyrie as one of ours is when we’re doing the whole “make the best team from your country” type things.

Return to Miami Heat