ImageImageImage

Game 42: Miami @ Atlanta, Jan 12, 2022, 7:30 PM, EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,926

Re: Game 42: Miami @ Atlanta, Jan 12, 2022, 7:30 PM, EST 

Post#21 » by Wiltside » Sun Jan 9, 2022 9:54 pm

Dipo is definitely the forgotten man. Low key pretty excited to see what he has in the tank.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,925

Post#22 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:26 pm

Wiltside wrote:Dipo is definitely the forgotten man. Low key pretty excited to see what he has in the tank.

Everyone hyping up Klay after a torn ACL and Achilles but apparently Dipo is washed
#FreeBam
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#23 » by Wiltside » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:04 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Dipo is definitely the forgotten man. Low key pretty excited to see what he has in the tank.

Everyone hyping up Klay after a torn ACL and Achilles but apparently Dipo is washed

Klay > Dipo though, and Klay also has a more translatable skillset to injury recovery. He's never relied on his quickness and athleticism the way that Dipo has. That J is one of the wettest in NBA history.

Having said that, we have Dipo for the minimum and Klay is making max money. I think Dipo is going to surprise the wider NBA community when he comes back.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#24 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:11 pm

Wiltside wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Klay > Dipo though, and Klay also has a more translatable skillset to injury recovery. He's never relied on his quickness and athleticism the way that Dipo has. That J is one of the wettest in NBA history.

Having said that, we have Dipo for the minimum and Klay is making max money. I think Dipo is going to surprise the wider NBA community when he comes back.

Oh yea I agree on all of that but Durant is the only player we’ve ever seen come back the same from an Achilles tear, that I can think of at least. Both should be really good additions to their teams I just think it’s funny how Dipo is just complete dismissed by 99% of the nba world outside of Heat fans
#FreeBam
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#25 » by Wiltside » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:26 pm

Yurt's last 10 games:

10.6ppg, 14.4rpg, 2.0apg, 0.7bpg, 1.3spg, 1.9tpg, 29.4mpg on 46%FG and 61.9%FT.

Huge numbers, especially the boards. If he maintained that over a season, he'd be in the top 3 rebounders in the league.

Funny thing is - he's still rusty af offensively. I think he can improve a hell of a lot on that end. Still feels like he's rushing his shots and sometimes taking bad hooks rather than being patient. We know he has range and can step outside for the J, but it's clear that for the most part, the coaching staff are asking him to roll and take up space down low rather than flare out (besides the dagger 3 he hit v Portland).

I like that he seems to be flashing something new each games though. The 8 assists were impressive v Phoenix, and they weren't all just screen/hand-offs. He had some nice finds on backdoor cuts and the like that were cool to see.

At 23 years old, there's a lot to work with here. Given Bam gets bullied by bigger players at times, it's nice to know we can put Yurt out there to dominate the boards and keep opposing bigs honest.

If he's to be a long-term answer at the 5 for us though, one of he or Bam are going to need a J. Bam has a middy, but Yurt does have a 3 ball in his arsenal. Spo may have to let him go the Meyers route at some point to see if he can translate it to the pro level.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#26 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:28 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Keep the Strus Caboose in the starting lineup. When Bam comes back we'll have the most devastating all booty starting lineup of all time.

C Bam Adebayo 6'9 250
PF PJ Tucker 6'5 245
SF Jimmy Butler 6'7 230
SG Max Strus 6'5 225
PG Kyle Lowry 6'0 200

That’s a small team for bball standards. Would like to see Spo figure out a way to make Bam and Yurt work on the floor at the same time. Especially since Bam wants to have more of a perimeter game in the years ahead. I’m all for small ball in the postseason, but prioritize size ahead of finesse in the regular season to avoid injury.

Small in stature but big wide switchable bodies. All stout lower cores that are hard to move and backdown

I agree with you lower core is important, but Bam has still been getting hurt and this is only going to increase as the hits take their damage. Few people can sustain that level of impact long term. Bam is not one of them. Nothing wrong with that, Spo needs to adjust and figure out a system with a bigger player.
OP for NBA FT record
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,374

Post#27 » by MHeat0279 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:51 pm

Yurt must be our starting center, even with his offensive shortcomings ( for now) he has a higher ceiling than adebayo, his size is very important as you can see from all the games he has been playing, i am pretty sure he will get better on both the defensive and offensive side.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,884

Post#28 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:20 pm

Wiltside wrote:Yurt's last 10 games:

Huge numbers, especially the boards. If he maintained that over a season, he'd be in the top 3 rebounders in the league.

Funny thing is - he's still rusty af offensively. I think he can improve a hell of a lot on that end. Still feels like he's rushing his shots and sometimes taking bad hooks rather than being patient. We know he has range and can step outside for the J, but it's clear that for the most part, the coaching staff are asking him to roll and take up space down low rather than flare out (besides the dagger 3 he hit v Portland).

I like that he seems to be flashing something new each games though. The 8 assists were impressive v Phoenix, and they weren't all just screen/hand-offs. He had some nice finds on backdoor cuts and the like that were cool to see.

At 23 years old, there's a lot to work with here. Given Bam gets bullied by bigger players at times, it's nice to know we can put Yurt out there to dominate the boards and keep opposing bigs honest.

If he's to be a long-term answer at the 5 for us though, one of he or Bam are going to need a J. Bam has a middy, but Yurt does have a 3 ball in his arsenal. Spo may have to let him go the Meyers route at some point to see if he can translate it to the pro level.

It's an easy call for me to start Yurt and Bam together. Yurts rebounding prowess is winning basketball. End of discussion. Allowing that to complement Bam by allowing him to maneuver in the high post makes sense to me. Bam is routinely out bigged by true big men. I expect if he was on the floor and Yurt was riding pine, we would have lost a key edge in rebounding against PHX with Ayton making Bam look small. Take Bam to a hypnotist and have him reprogrammed to take shots and be aggressive. Wed bully teams with that combo.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,793

Post#29 » by Hallstar » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:38 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Yurt's last 10 games:

It's an easy call for me to start Yurt and Bam together. Yurts rebounding prowess is winning basketball. End of discussion. Allowing that to complement Bam by allowing him to maneuver in the high post makes sense to me. Bam is routinely out bigged by true big men. I expect if he was on the floor and Yurt was riding pine, we would have lost a key edge in rebounding against PHX with Ayton making Bam look small. Take Bam to a hypnotist and have him reprogrammed to take shots and be aggressive. Wed bully teams with that combo.

Yep, the game has slowed down for him. I believe it can work. Cavs out there with 3 7 footers and winning games. I even like that Yurt isn't at the 3 pt line in the pick and roll. His lack of mobility actually works out well for us in an unexpected way. Bam is excited to guard SGs on the perimeter when one good pass has one of our guards trying to control a 7 footer in the post. With Yurt it's shoot the midrange that most players don't want to or pass to your big that he has covered.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,884

Post#30 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:09 pm

Hallstar wrote:Yep, the game has slowed down for him. I believe it can work. Cavs out there with 3 7 footers and winning games. I even like that Yurt isn't at the 3 pt line in the pick and roll. His lack of mobility actually works out well for us in an unexpected way. Bam is excited to guard SGs on the perimeter when one good pass has one of our guards trying to control a 7 footer in the post. With Yurt it's shoot the midrange that most players don't want to or pass to your big that he has covered.

Agree with everything you're saying here. The last bit is the truth. Bam out there doing his thing on D and is rewarded by having a quick pass to the paint with our midget of choice guarding the low post. It's crazy. Now Yurt isn't an elite rim protector, but he is disruptive and he will likely get the board, which our midget of choice most definitely wouldn't.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#31 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:04 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:Yurt must be our starting center, even with his offensive shortcomings ( for now) he has a higher ceiling than adebayo, his size is very important as you can see from all the games he has been playing, i am pretty sure he will get better on both the defensive and offensive side.

I don’t think if he has a higher ceiling than Bam, but he definitely is a better fit at center. Bam wants to play a more power forward game like Kevin Garnett/Tim Duncan. Not the inside the paint, small ball game that Spo wants. Let’s see what he can do.
OP for NBA FT record
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#32 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:04 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:Yurt must be our starting center, even with his offensive shortcomings ( for now) he has a higher ceiling than adebayo, his size is very important as you can see from all the games he has been playing, i am pretty sure he will get better on both the defensive and offensive side.

Bro……Bam is literally a 24 year old all star who is arguably the best defender in the league and hasn’t even scratched the surface of how dominant he will be offensively in the near future. Yurts ceiling is much lower.

But I agree he could be a very good fit next to Bam for our future, both need to work on their 3 point shooting and become at least league average shooters. Both can do it
#FreeBam
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,758

Post#33 » by QUIZ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:17 am

Win again please
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,749

Post#34 » by Shewasfly » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:58 am

Bam doesn't have ass like that, but I'm excited for him to come back. And especially to see with Yogurt. I hope he has been a bit inspired by the "let it fly" offense we've had while watching on the bench. I don't even care if he's not super efficient, just get some shots up without hesitation and in the flow of the offense. We need that from him.
:tiredJB:
balla345
General Manager
And1: 12,870

Post#35 » by balla345 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:17 am

If Yurt starts with Bam what would the rotations be?
5) Yurt 4) Bam 3)Robinson 2)Butler 1)Lowry. Best for 3pt and space
5) Yurt 4) Bam 3)PJ 2) Butler 1)Lowry Best for defense
5)Yurt 4) Bam 3)Butler 2) Herro 1)lowry Best for scoring
5) Yurt 4) Bam 3)Butler 2)Dipo 1)Lowry Dipo could give the starting 5 a lot of upside especially if he comes back really good.
5)Yurt 4) Bam 3)Butler 2) Struss 1)Lowry Struss starting could give us Herro Robinson 1-2 combo off the bench.

Theres a lot of options but 3pt shooting lacks for sure. If we go with struss or Pj starting a bench of Dedmon, Morris, Herro, Robinson, Vincent and Dipo would be insane.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,749

Post#36 » by Shewasfly » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:36 am

balla345 wrote:If Yurt starts with Bam what would the rotations be?
5) Yurt 4) Bam 3)Robinson 2)Butler 1)Lowry. Best for 3pt and space
5) Yurt 4) Bam 3)PJ 2) Butler 1)Lowry Best for defense
5)Yurt 4) Bam 3)Butler 2) Herro 1)lowry Best for scoring
5) Yurt 4) Bam 3)Butler 2)Dipo 1)Lowry Dipo could give the starting 5 a lot of upside especially if he comes back really good.
5)Yurt 4) Bam 3)Butler 2) Struss 1)Lowry Struss starting could give us Herro Robinson 1-2 combo off the bench.

Theres a lot of options but 3pt shooting lacks for sure. If we go with struss or Pj starting a bench of Dedmon, Morris, Herro, Robinson, Vincent and Dipo would be insane.

It will be the first one as the starters, and then the 3rd one will close games.

I could also see Bam/PJ or Strus/Butler/Herro/Lowry close as well, if we need more offense & spacing.
:tiredJB:
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,374

Post#37 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:48 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Bro……Bam is literally a 24 year old all star who is arguably the best defender in the league and hasn’t even scratched the surface of how dominant he will be offensively in the near future. Yurts ceiling is much lower.

But I agree he could be a very good fit next to Bam for our future, both need to work on their 3 point shooting and become at least league average shooters. Both can do it

In my opinion Yurt has the tools to be the better player. Yurt as a rookie has already better footwork than Bam down in the post, and he will only get better.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#38 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:41 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

In my opinion Yurt has the tools to be the better player. Yurt as a rookie has already better footwork than Bam down in the post, and he will only get better.

Are you saying Yurt has the potential to be a better center than Bam? Ok I can see that. If you think he can be a better overall player tho, you gotta clarify your position. Bam is definitely a better fit at PF than Yurt for example, a point I don’t even think you would dispute. Nor do I think you can dispute Bam has more talent than Yurt as an overall player. If you disagree with what I’m saying tho, let’s hear it.
OP for NBA FT record
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#39 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:44 am

I love Yurt and very hyped about him playing above his head and better then should be expected for an undrafted rook BUT,

Some of yall need to calm down - now he's more talented then Bam? has a higher ceiling? :lol:

Bam is a legit Max player, a defensive player of the year candidate that also give you an efficient 20 PPG. Put down the pipe, Omer is never getting to that level. he's 23 YO and still has a lot of work to do to become an average C on both sides of the ball.

I do think he has a very nice skillset with a natural rebounding knack and a soft touch - but let's see him look competent on D and score at above 50%FG before we declare him Bam's replacement lol :crazy:
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#40 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:47 am

Also I hate to say it but if I had to bet on it - Spo is not playing Bam next to Omer this year.

He just won't. He's very big on spacing and maximizing driving lanes for Jimmy, he won't be playing Bam and Yurt together until one of them proves to be a legit confident shooter.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat