ImageImageImage

The Turcules question - what do we do with Omer Yurtseven? *With Poll*

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

What should we do with Yurt now that Bam is back?

Do nothing. Let him ride the bench, he might get minutes as a backup next season or if there's an injury.
17%
Cut Bam's and/or Dedmon's minutes and give Yurt playing time now.
17%
Play him next to Bam or Dedmon, Spo needs to find a way to make the big-big pairing work.
50%
Trade him for a player Spo will play next to Bam. If we don't bench him for monthes, he might net a nice player in a trade. Maybe someone like a PJ Washington.
13%
Other - elaborate in comments
3%

Total votes: 30

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,406

The Turcules question - what do we do with Omer Yurtseven? *With Poll* 

Post#1 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:19 am

So Bam is back healthy, and Spo gives Omer 0 minutes.

What should we do with Yurtseven after we saw how good he can be?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Re: The Tercules question - what do we do with Omer Yurtseven? *With Poll* 

Post#2 » by somerandomdude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:23 am

Spo never played him when guys were healthy, it's no surprise he wasn't gonna play him when guys got back.

We'll probably package him in a trade with Duncan.

The tragic reality for a team that has adopted the losing philosophy of small ball.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#3 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:27 am

somerandomdude wrote:Spo never played him when guys were healthy, it's no surprise he wasn't gonna play him when guys got back.

The tragic reality for a team that has adopted the losing philosophy of small ball.

The thing is - He can shoot 3's. We've seen it outside the NBA.

Who do we get for a Duncan + Yurt package?
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#4 » by somerandomdude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:28 am

With that said, it's championship or bust.

Spoball has to start producing something other than first round exits and lottery seasons.
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#5 » by somerandomdude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:29 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:Spo never played him when guys were healthy, it's no surprise he wasn't gonna play him when guys got back.

I'm with you 1000%

There's highlights of him in the Summer League dropping 3 bombs.

But Spo is never going to play him.

Tax relief for Herro's contract. Yurtz is what would entice other teams to take on Duncan's albatross contract. I don't want to do it, but we're not going to play Yurtz (or any traditional Center) so long as Spo is coach, so I think he'll probably be used as bait.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#6 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:35 am

somerandomdude wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

I'm with you 1000%

Tax relief for Herro's contract

No way. If we use Big Yurt just to Dump Duncan's contract I'll seriously burn Spo's car.

Ok not seriously but 'ill be mad like a MF, you can't do that kind of a money saving move after what Yurt showed, I saw top 10 C potential, you can't teach that size + touch combo. You don't waste this kind of a player just to save money if you're serious about winning championships.
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#7 » by somerandomdude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:25 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Spoiler:
somerandomdude wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

I'm with you 1000%

Tax relief for Herro's contract

No way. If we use Big Yurt just to Dump Duncan's contract I'll seriously burn Spo's car.

Ok not seriously but 'ill be mad like a MF, you can't do that kind of a money saving move after what Yurt showed, I saw top 10 C potential, you can't teach that size + touch combo. You don't waste this kind of a player just to save money if you're serious about winning championships.

Yeah man, I feel the same way.

MWP first brought up the idea of including Yurtz in a trade (although he wants a good player out of it) and I hated the idea of trading Yurtz, but Spo isn't gonna play Yurtz and a trade is probably not far off from what's going to happen.

Sadly, the facts are:

* Herro's contract is coming up (article if anyone wants to learn more)
* Micky Arison is gonna take a major tax hit if nothing happens
* Micky Arison's business (Carnival) was hit hard in the Covid economy
* Duncan is our worst player while being among the top paid
* Unless Riley pulls a miracle, we're going to have to cough up something for another team to take on Robinson's contract
* Spo is never going to play Yurtz (or any traditional Center)

Put it all together and it's looking like a Duncan+Yurtz package.

With that said, if Yurtz doesn't get a bigger role or is traded, and this team doesn't win a championship this year, I'm staging a one-man mutiny against Spo.

We can't continue to let him drag us down with mediocrity and underachieve while supplying him with talent.

* He's got a strong core in Bam, Jimmy, Kyle, and Herro.
* He's got vet roleplayers in PJ, Dedmon, Dipo, and Morris (when they come back).
* He's got emerging roleplayers in Strus, Caleb, and Gabe Vincent (<- arguably the weakest, but still better than Duncan).

The excuses that Spo doesn't have talent is not gonna fly this year. We can't give him 2 All-Time Greats and a HoFer for the rest of his career just to get 2 rings in 4 years (assuming that HoFer grabs a clutch rebound and kicks it out to one of the greatest shooters of all time. If not, then 1 ring in 4 years).
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#8 » by puppa bear » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:48 am

There’s a lot of grasping at straws here. The FO has previously shown a lot of love to diamonds they’ve found. Nunn is probably one of the few in recent memories, but even then they let him go as he requested.

I think we’ll see some Bam-Yurt line-ups, and I’m hoping if any big is traded it’s Dedmon or Morris.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,130

Post#9 » by SA37 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:50 am

I think the decision to not give him minutes was purely because of the matchups given the opponent. I think Yurtseven is going to see spotty minutes going forward, though, kind of like what is happening to Robinson, but on a smaller scale.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,809

Post#10 » by Wiltside » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:10 am

First things first - surely it has to be Turkules.

I think Yurt’s PT is gonna be limited going forward. He’ll play if Bam or Dedmon are banged up, but I think he’s stuck as third string unfortunately.

However, I think he’ll get a strong opportunity next season to potentially start alongside Bam. It usually takes Spo a while to come to these conclusions, but I think next season we will bring PJ off the bench or he’ll be a nominal starter.

To do so, Yurt or Bam has to have a legit J though. They can’t both be rolling to the hoop and be a lob threat solely. Mind you, Cavs have had success with Allen/Mobley. It’s possible.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#11 » by Wiltside » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:11 am

SA37 wrote:I think the decision to not give him minutes was purely because of the matchups given the opponent. I think Yurtseven is going to see spotty minutes going forward, though, kind of like what is happening to Robinson, but on a smaller scale.

I think if that was the case, he’d have played infront of Dedmon. I think Spo just wanted to go with the vets, now that he has almost a full roster to pick from.
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst
And1: 4,031

Re: The Turcules question - what do we do with Omer Yurtseven? *With Poll* 

Post#12 » by Heat_Down_Under » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:20 am

Trade my boy and let him thrive somewhere else
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,130

Post#13 » by SA37 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:38 am

Wiltside wrote:
SA37 wrote:I think the decision to not give him minutes was purely because of the matchups given the opponent. I think Yurtseven is going to see spotty minutes going forward, though, kind of like what is happening to Robinson, but on a smaller scale.

I think if that was the case, he’d have played infront of Dedmon. I think Spo just wanted to go with the vets, now that he has almost a full roster to pick from.

Perhaps. I definitely think long-term that Spoelstra will lean on Dedmon before he leans on Yurtseven, and that is probably a wise choice. Still, I think Dedmon is much more nimble than Yurtseven, who tends to be clunky and slow.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#14 » by Wiltside » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:39 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:Trade my boy and let him thrive somewhere else

Nah, Yurt will be back. We got one here. He’ll get another opportunity, Spo just gotta figure out how he can play him and Bam together and which lineups he can thrive in.

Lowry
Herro
Strus
Bam
Yurt

Type lineups will work OK in my view.
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst
And1: 4,031

Post#15 » by Heat_Down_Under » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:53 am

Wiltside wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:Trade my boy and let him thrive somewhere else

Nah, Yurt will be back. We got one here. He’ll get another opportunity, Spo just gotta figure out how he can play him and Bam together and which lineups he can thrive in.

Lowry
Herro
Strus
Bam
Yurt

Type lineups will work OK in my view.

With spo won’t happen unfortunately
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,936

Post#16 » by dshearn » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:00 pm

somerandomdude wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

I'm with you 1000%

Tax relief for Herro's contract. Yurtz is what would entice other teams to take on Duncan's albatross contract. I don't want to do it, but we're not going to play Yurtz (or any traditional Center) so long as Spo is coach, so I think he'll probably be used as bait.

Yurt actually looks faster in the NBA, that 3 point shot is slowwwww.... Could be why we have not seen it with the Heat.

I think Spo will find a way to get him on the floor. I really think the only reason he was not used against the Raptors was lowery being out.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,134

Post#17 » by dolphinatik » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:07 pm

Not only did he not play Yurt but he also started Robinson. We always seem to play "Worse" when spo has his "best" lineups.

killed the kids momentum being in rare air with rookie rebound record streak to a DNP. How does that not affect the commitment w are going to expect on Yurts part. With that said if we either use him or trade him but DNP is not the answer.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,197

Post#18 » by rate_ » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:08 pm

I think if the Heat are going to squeeze Yurtseven out of the lineup they should explore trade possibilities for him. Let him play somewhere he can get consistent minutes
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,368

Post#19 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:37 pm

Big mistake not playing Yurt yesterday, players are human and even if you are a cool and relax dude, this kind of things will bother you, he was a hughe contributor in keeping us afloat while butterfingers was out, at least some minutes should have been giveng to Yurt after his very good performance in previous games, dont even get me started on playing Robinson as a starter.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#20 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:15 am

I understand that Spo wants to create some continuity, but with Omer being a rookie and Dedmon being a team-first mimumum-contract vet, I wonder if Spo would consider simply alternating the backup each game. Bam gets his constant 32 minutes and Omer and Dedmon get 16 minutes every other game.

Return to Miami Heat