ImageImageImage

Here’s a Jimmy Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Here’s a Jimmy Thread 

Post#1 » by benhillboy » Tue Feb 8, 2022 3:05 pm

Saw no threads on first page about Jimmy, thought it a travesty.

Anyway, he was picked 30th, is 32 years old, and has a 127 to 106 rating, .268 win share per 48, a 5.9 O box and 2.4 D box. Only Jokic, CP3, and Giannis can approach his level of two way team conductor based on those silly metrics.

I believe he’s overtaken Steph as my fav all time (sorry Wardell love you to death bro). With the way he creates threes for others it really nullifies his sole weakness in that area (and guarding shots from wings with length if you wanna get nit picky). I’ve been saying for a helluva long time he has the most comprehensive game going, he’s only driving home that point seeing how CP is size challenged, Gianni’s can’t shoot, and Jokic is still learning high level defense.

I’m sure some here are familiar with the WOWY ratings. I haven’t looked into them in some time but I always thought when the latest metrics come out Jimmy would be near the top of floor raisers for his era and the one before it. The mixture of toughness and IQ is just unmatched man, such a perfect fit with PJ much like Giannis was. Fool hoop like he learned to play in a Soviet prison while reading old chemistry and geometry textbooks.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Re: Here’s a Jimmy Thread 

Post#2 » by JLop » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:28 pm

benhillboy wrote:Saw no threads on first page about Jimmy, thought it a travesty.

Anyway, he was picked 30th, is 32 years old, and has a 127 to 106 rating, .268 win share per 48, a 5.9 O box and 2.4 D box. Only Jokic, CP3, and Giannis can approach his level of two way team conductor based on those silly metrics.

I believe he’s overtaken Steph as my fav all time (sorry Wardell love you to death bro). With the way he creates threes for others it really nullifies his sole weakness in that area (and guarding shots from wings with length if you wanna get nit picky). I’ve been saying for a helluva long time he has the most comprehensive game going, he’s only driving home that point seeing how CP is size challenged, Gianni’s can’t shoot, and Jokic is still learning high level defense.

I’m sure some here are familiar with the WOWY ratings. I haven’t looked into them in some time but I always thought when the latest metrics come out Jimmy would be near the top of floor raisers for his era and the one before it. The mixture of toughness and IQ is just unmatched man, such a perfect fit with PJ much like Giannis was. Fool hoop like he learned to play in a Soviet prison while reading old chemistry and geometry textbooks.

Jimmy himself would like your analogy. :lol:

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#3 » by IggieCC » Tue Feb 8, 2022 9:30 pm

woy ratings?

is this a tally up of how many times Wilts said woy about players?
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#4 » by IggieCC » Tue Feb 8, 2022 9:32 pm

I'm not going to get into details and crazy advanced stats but I like Jimmy.

Stand up guy, a guy you'd want to go to war with. Because you know that he'll have your back no matter what.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,160

Post#5 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:34 pm

like Jimmy as well, co-led with Bam Bam to lead us to the finals
just hope he bounces back from last year playoffs
he was really bad
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,845

Post#6 » by Wiltside » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:52 pm

IggieCC wrote:woy ratings?

is this a tally up of how many times Wilts said woy about players?

Would be a high tally tbh
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat