ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 3

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Heat_Down_Under
Analyst
And1: 4,031

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 3 

Post#1981 » by Heat_Down_Under » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:08 am

jele wrote:
oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:For everyone who wants to blow it up and build around Bam and Herro... where are you going to get that playoff superstar to carry your team? If you're saying Bam or Herro I'd say 1. You're wrong and 2. You already have them. Bam is in season 5 and his offensive game hasn't moved much other then being more consistent from the midrange which comes though normal practice of shooting and just wait to see how effective Herro is when he's the guy other teams are trying to shut down.

To get the superstar you need to help carry you to a finals you need to either get a top pick in the draft or get very lucky in the draft with a midrange 1st round pick, get a superstar to sign or force their way to Miami or.... TRADE FOR HIM. What do you trade... well if the formula for a title is 2-3 superstars then everything should be on the table. Remember when CP3 was available, should have traded for him, when Harden was available, EVERYTHING should have been available, need picks to trade, BROOKLYN TRADED J.ALLEN FOR A LATE 1ST ROUND PICK TO MAKE IT HAPPEN when they had nobody to replace him.

If Miami gets bounced without quality play EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ON THE TABLE to get a superstar. The FO has to have a list of players to throw everything at who they feel are superstars that can carry a team in the playoffs and do whatever it takes to get them. Butler is not a #1 that can carry a team to a title, he's probably an acceptable #2 if you have a scoring star as your #1 but his @$$ should be moved in a package to get a superstar(and I only came to this board because of Butler, nice board overall though).

So is it build a team or acquire stars and put role-players around them. Miami is pretty good about finding role-players.

If we fail Butler is the 1st to go not Herro or Bam. I'd move him for some movable contracts and a pick or two. And as you said if a superstar becomes available then anyone is on the block. In the meantime you continue to develop Herro and Bam.
But we can't look to build around Butler's timeline. He isn't good for the franchise to plan everything around him. And considering the amount of money he's owed you have to factor whether his contract will hinder flexibility going foward. If you look at his game and his age, that contract in a season or 2 could be untradeable

How long are we going to develop Bam? This is his 5th year! He is what he is period. At this point, we should regret so much that we traded Precious and not Bam because Precious looks like he has more talent than Bam.

Sad but true.. been following the raptors games.. he’s got a good 3 point shot going aswell..
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#1982 » by harlem_ball » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:10 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
jele wrote:
oreon wrote:
If we fail Butler is the 1st to go not Herro or Bam. I'd move him for some movable contracts and a pick or two. And as you said if a superstar becomes available then anyone is on the block. In the meantime you continue to develop Herro and Bam.
But we can't look to build around Butler's timeline. He isn't good for the franchise to plan everything around him. And considering the amount of money he's owed you have to factor whether his contract will hinder flexibility going foward. If you look at his game and his age, that contract in a season or 2 could be untradeable

How long are we going to develop Bam? This is his 5th year! He is what he is period. At this point, we should regret so much that we traded Precious and not Bam because Precious looks like he has more talent than Bam.

Sad but true.. been following the raptors games.. he’s got a good 3 point shot going aswell..

But would Precious have developed here? Doubt it. Lowry won games by himself with clutch play and we needed a floor general.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,667

Post#1983 » by Johnny Fontane » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:10 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
Pharenheit wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
Might have to bring in Westbrook for a year. Would AD come attached?

Westbrook can lord over the bench.

If it means avoiding being a below average team for the next several years, Westbrick might have to be an option

I said this as a joke in the game thread (because atleast he rebounds lol) got flamed… becareful guys lol

Never thought I would be in a position to justify a trade for him, but if it means getting tons of salary off the books for the year following next season, I’m all for it.

The Jimmy window has clearly came and went
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#1984 » by somerandomdude » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:13 am

I wrestled with whether to post this or not, but I'm just gonna leave it as a spoiler so I don't upset anyone.

Don't say you weren't warned and don't send any hate my way!

Spoiler:
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst

Post#1985 » by Heat_Down_Under » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:15 am

harlem_ball wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:
jele wrote:How long are we going to develop Bam? This is his 5th year! He is what he is period. At this point, we should regret so much that we traded Precious and not Bam because Precious looks like he has more talent than Bam.

But would Precious have developed here? Doubt it. Lowry won games by himself with clutch play and we needed a floor general.

Not under spo
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,623

Post#1986 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:37 am

oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:For everyone who wants to blow it up and build around Bam and Herro... where are you going to get that playoff superstar to carry your team? If you're saying Bam or Herro I'd say 1. You're wrong and 2. You already have them. Bam is in season 5 and his offensive game hasn't moved much other then being more consistent from the midrange which comes though normal practice of shooting and just wait to see how effective Herro is when he's the guy other teams are trying to shut down.

To get the superstar you need to help carry you to a finals you need to either get a top pick in the draft or get very lucky in the draft with a midrange 1st round pick, get a superstar to sign or force their way to Miami or.... TRADE FOR HIM. What do you trade... well if the formula for a title is 2-3 superstars then everything should be on the table. Remember when CP3 was available, should have traded for him, when Harden was available, EVERYTHING should have been available, need picks to trade, BROOKLYN TRADED J.ALLEN FOR A LATE 1ST ROUND PICK TO MAKE IT HAPPEN when they had nobody to replace him.

If Miami gets bounced without quality play EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ON THE TABLE to get a superstar. The FO has to have a list of players to throw everything at who they feel are superstars that can carry a team in the playoffs and do whatever it takes to get them. Butler is not a #1 that can carry a team to a title, he's probably an acceptable #2 if you have a scoring star as your #1 but his @$$ should be moved in a package to get a superstar(and I only came to this board because of Butler, nice board overall though).

So is it build a team or acquire stars and put role-players around them. Miami is pretty good about finding role-players.

The team isn't being built around Butler, if it had been Herro would have been gone already and Miami wouldn't have gone cheap at PF letting Crowder go(who challenged Butler) and adding a 7 million 36 year old PF with 2-way SG/SF being his backup for most of the season, seems quite the opposite of building around an older player.

This team isn't built around Butler or Bam offensively, it's actually built around the shooters, it's why Bam doesn't look at the basket
when he has the ball, it's why Butler passes out to the 3pt line instead of getting a layup and it may actually be part of the problem of Butler actually finishing easy baskets because he's now conditioned to looking for someone to pass to. Defensively the team is built around Bam and his ability to play center and switch onto 1-5.

Miami isn't going to get anything great for Butler, you might get an overpaid player like Wall, Westbrook, maybe NY will package Randall and other salary for Butler but it's not going to get Miami any closer to a title, Bam MAY bring something highly useful and honestly I'd consider it and go cheap at center with Yurtseven and another younger then Dedmon 7 footer who has solid skills for a backup.

I'm not sure what will be available out there this summer but if this team doesn't look good enough a big change is coming... and if Butler is moved and you don't get a star you might be looking at a long time of being mediocre with Riley highly likely calling it quits in the next few years (he's 77 now). I don't think the Miami fans appreciate how good they've had it under Riley and Spoelstra, Chicago moved Butler 6 years ago for a new direction and just now adding older vets have they finally made any noise during a season.

If Miami can find a real #1 option, they can be a threat with Butler as their #2 option and the chaos he can create on the defensive end playing passing lanes and surprise double teams. There's a reason he's by far the best ORTG-DRTG player on this roster, just get someone to take the ball out of his hands in the playoffs and no I don't think Herro is that player although he'll be a good scorer for his career.

It's not so easy to get a #1, Miami's been looking for a #1 for 6-7 years now and had to settle on Butler to try to get to where they wanted to go.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1987 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:42 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:

Not under spo

He was working on his 3 before the draft and while in Miami, the shot wasn't there yet. He's not becoming a good 3pt shooter because the coach is allowing him 3s in games, he's shooting 3s in the game because he's proving to the coach he's working on his 3pter and actually getting better with it. He'd be shooting 3s some in Miami had he stayed and he'd be as good as he is now because the PLAYER is doing the work on his shot outside of games.

Dedmon is shooting 3s for Miami... if you can shoot the 3 Spoelstra's going to let you shoot 3s in this current iteration of the team.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1988 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:49 am

somerandomdude wrote:I wrestled with whether to post this or not, but I'm just gonna leave it as a spoiler so I don't upset anyone.

Spoiler:

Well, Whiteside has played over 3600 minutes since leaving Miami and has attempted 8 3s. So everyone is against a big shooting 3s? Didn't he get trade to a team that had let Myers Leonard shoot 111 3s the previous year, hell, Nurkić put up 29 himself that year.

Maybe these guys don't shoot the 3s so well off their selected videos they put up? It's why I liked the Precious workouts from 3pt range before the draft, he was shooting lots of 3s continuously and looked like he could end up being a good 3pt shooter because of his form and how good his shot was going in.
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst

Post#1989 » by Heat_Down_Under » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:49 am

AirP. wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:

Not under spo

He was working on his 3 before the draft and while in Miami, the shot wasn't there yet. He's not becoming a good 3pt shooter because the coach is allowing him 3s in games, he's shooting 3s in the game because he's proving to the coach he's working on his 3pter and actually getting better with it. He'd be shooting 3s some in Miami had he stayed and he'd be as good as he is now because the PLAYER is doing the work on his shot outside of games.

Dedmon is shooting 3s for Miami... if you can shoot the 3 Spoelstra's going to let you shoot 3s in this current iteration of the team.

Not under spo as in no playing time (like yurt for example). Player can’t show what he can do if he doesn’t get to play.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1990 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:51 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:
Not under spo

Not under spo as in no playing time (like yurt for example). Player can’t show what he can do if he doesn’t get to play.

You'll be seeing a lot more Yurtseven starting next year, he wasn't part of the plans this year, to go from a good role-player like Demon to a more offensive looking center like Yurtseven changes a lot of things both offensively and defensively for everyone on the court.

If you really watched Yurtseven play, he screwed up a lot of plays off ball but since he put the ball in the hoop people seemed to forgive him for that... that and being an actual 7 footer who can rebound against other 7 footers.
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst

Post#1991 » by Heat_Down_Under » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:07 am

AirP. wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:
AirP. wrote:He was working on his 3 before the draft and while in Miami, the shot wasn't there yet. He's not becoming a good 3pt shooter because the coach is allowing him 3s in games, he's shooting 3s in the game because he's proving to the coach he's working on his 3pter and actually getting better with it. He'd be shooting 3s some in Miami had he stayed and he'd be as good as he is now because the PLAYER is doing the work on his shot outside of games.

You'll be seeing a lot more Yurtseven starting next year, he wasn't part of the plans this year, to go from a good role-player like Demon to a more offensive looking center like Yurtseven changes a lot of things both offensively and defensively for everyone on the court.

If you really watched Yurtseven play, he screwed up a lot of plays off ball but since he put the ball in the hoop people seemed to forgive him for that... that and being an actual 7 footer who can rebound against other 7 footers.

Well we would sure hope so. I can understand letting precious go as he wasn’t really playing well in his limited rookie mins. Yurt as a rookie starter carried us and as I keep saying stats only seen by rookie Shaq since 93 and he’s still glued to the bench. Maybe he should go and flourish somewhere else. Anyhow’s not turning this into a yurt convo. Just saying it’s on spo, as a player can only show what they are capable and develop with a coach that allows them to.

Let’s be honest for a second. Had whiteside continued to play the way he did before getting paid after getting paid, bam wasn’t going to get much playing time. Bam wouldn’t have become the player he is today. We let whiteside go coz once he got paid he became trash and not to mention other things in organisation etc.
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst

Post#1992 » by Heat_Down_Under » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:09 am

AirP. wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:I wrestled with whether to post this or not, but I'm just gonna leave it as a spoiler so I don't upset anyone.

Spoiler:

Well, Whiteside has played over 3600 minutes since leaving Miami and has attempted 8 3s. So everyone is against a big shooting 3s? Didn't he get trade to a team that had let Myers Leonard shoot 111 3s the previous year, hell, Nurkić put up 29 himself that year.

Maybe these guys don't shoot the 3s so well off their selected videos they put up? It's why I liked the Precious workouts from 3pt range before the draft, he was shooting lots of 3s continuously and looked like he could end up being a good 3pt shooter because of his form and how good his shot was going in.

I’m not against it.. the 2 best centres in the league shoot 3s not to mention a centre won the 3 point contest.. love me a centre that can shoot the 3
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1993 » by harlem_ball » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:20 am

AirP. wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:
AirP. wrote:He was working on his 3 before the draft and while in Miami, the shot wasn't there yet. He's not becoming a good 3pt shooter because the coach is allowing him 3s in games, he's shooting 3s in the game because he's proving to the coach he's working on his 3pter and actually getting better with it. He'd be shooting 3s some in Miami had he stayed and he'd be as good as he is now because the PLAYER is doing the work on his shot outside of games.

Whiteside and Precious are irrelevant.

This "Yurtseven wasn't perfect" stuff is pedantic. Spo should have made it work with the pieces he was given. These vets don't have the timetable to "win next year." Trade Spo.
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst

Post#1994 » by Heat_Down_Under » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:25 am

harlem_ball wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:

Whiteside and Precious are irrelevant.

This "Yurtseven wasn't perfect" stuff is pedantic. Spo should have made it work with the pieces he was given. These vets don't have the timetable to "win next year." Trade Spo.

Yep.. it became a complicated season. Should have been easy. We had a chance to win it all this season. Butler, Tucker, lowry are all going to be irrelevant next season… if they all still around..
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#1995 » by somerandomdude » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:35 am

Man, I look at this boxscore and think, if we can hold them to that (minus Seth Curry), we can beat em in a best of 7.

We really just shot ourselves in the foot with the turnovers (they had 40pts off of turnovers). They played good defense, but I think Spo can do things to get our guys easier baskets in a Bo7 series, or at least I hope.

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,005

Post#1996 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:35 am

For all the hate Stan gets, at least he had the common sense to change plans and make Wade our closer and our star player. If we had Spo back then, it would be its not Wade's turn, its not part of the plan this season etc. Just crazy when one thinks about it. This offseason will be fun.
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#1997 » by somerandomdude » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:00 am

Made a new thread since this one hit 100 pages

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2178918
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst

Post#1998 » by Heat_Down_Under » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:03 am

Flash4thewin wrote:For all the hate Stan gets, at least he had the common sense to change plans and make Wade our closer and our star player. If we had Spo back then, it would be its not Wade's turn, its not part of the plan this season etc. Just crazy when one thinks about it. This offseason will be fun.

100000%
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1999 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:07 am

EMC5466 wrote:You HAVE to dump Jimmy’s contract this summer. That’s priority number one. Riley will go after AD before Beal, imo.

Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#2000 » by harlem_ball » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:07 am

Flash4thewin wrote:For all the hate Stan gets, at least he had the common sense to change plans and make Wade our closer and our star player. If we had Spo back then, it would be its not Wade's turn, its not part of the plan this season etc. Just crazy when one thinks about it. This offseason will be fun.

Wow. Yeah that's a money take.

Return to Miami Heat