ImageImageImage

Game 58: Miami vs Dallas - 2/15 @ 7:30pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Re: Game 58: Miami vs Dallas - 2/15 @ 7:30pm EST 

Post#641 » by QUIZ » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:25 pm

KingDavid wrote:
QUIZ wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I was just typing out the same statement.

It’s so **** predictable. You knew we were gonna miss the action because of that dumbass replay

Over a deflection that didn't do **** but stop the clock.

This didn't used to happen with Fox Sports Sun. I feel like whoever is in charge of the control room over at Bally is some middle manager who doesn't know anything about basketball or doesn't like basketball. It's like they just formulaically decide to show a replay after a dead ball situation without any understanding of what matters to the viewer and what doesn't.

Just like you said, who the hell cares about a random deflection?
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,380

Post#642 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:21 pm

AirP. wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Check the aggressive Bam tracker thread, he’s averaging like 24 on really good efficiency over the last 7 and continues to trend upwards. Dominated the first half of this game and then we went away from him in the 2nd for some reason.

We need to wait and see if he can keep this up for a long period of time, i mean we are not winning anything without Adebayo being a consistent 25 PPG scorer.

Consistent 25 PPG? There are 11 players doing that this year, it's very difficult to do that on a nightly basis and a good number of those 25ppg guys are using 3s to get to that point total, in fact only DeRozan is the only one from that 11 who doesn't make at least 1 3 per game.

Bam's a unique defensive big who is a rim runner who can hit mid ranger jumpers, I wouldn't hold your breath on 25ppg from Bam.

Then we are not winning it all with the current team.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,858

Post#643 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:08 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
We need to wait and see if he can keep this up for a long period of time, i mean we are not winning anything without Adebayo being a consistent 25 PPG scorer.

Consistent 25 PPG? There are 11 players doing that this year, it's very difficult to do that on a nightly basis and a good number of those 25ppg guys are using 3s to get to that point total, in fact only DeRozan is the only one from that 11 who doesn't make at least 1 3 per game.

Bam's a unique defensive big who is a rim runner who can hit mid ranger jumpers, I wouldn't hold your breath on 25ppg from Bam.

Can't really say that, they made the finals and actually went to 6 games with their #2 and #3 players out/hurt.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#644 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:32 pm

AirP. wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Consistent 25 PPG? There are 11 players doing that this year, it's very difficult to do that on a nightly basis and a good number of those 25ppg guys are using 3s to get to that point total, in fact only DeRozan is the only one from that 11 who doesn't make at least 1 3 per game.

Can't really say that, they made the finals and actually went to 6 games with their #2 and #3 players out/hurt.

and then we got swept in an embarrassingly fashion the next year, cant go by previous accomplishments, no guarantee everything will align again and they will reach the finals.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#645 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:21 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

and then we got swept in an embarrassingly fashion the next year, cant go by previous accomplishments, no guarantee everything will align again and they will reach the finals.

Not a guarantee but it shows that it's possible which you said they can't. As long as you play defense you have a chance if you can find offense from your team which isn't consistent in Miami but could become much better as they get Oladipo back and start to move towards the playoff rotation. On the sweep last year, something physically or mentally was off with Butler, missing shots is one thing, missing easy put backs multiple times with no pressure is another.

Although Spoelstra wants to win games, I think he's prioritizing looking at what the fringe rotation players can do in game situations. For example look at Highsmith, he got more minutes then Yurtseven did last night.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,013

Post#646 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:36 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

Can’t go by previous embarrassments in that case either then. The team had 2 months off and had to jump right back in. Let’s see what happens. If we did Dipo and Dragic and they eat up Duncan Gabe and to a lesser extent Strus minutes that alone makes us a much improved team. The recent aggressive bam makes us better. We’re still growing, we’ve only had 20 games with the “big 3” I believe
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#647 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:17 pm

somerandomdude wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I understand Yurt also has some nice tools but I still don’t know if he’s ready. His defensive awareness is bad and burned is multiple times tonight in the 2nd half. He played soft too letting Brunson bully him.

Mind sharing highlights?

You can go to the NBA box score and click on FGAs/FGMs/etc for each individual player and pick out plays.

https://www.nba.com/game/dal-vs-mia-0022100868/box-score

Honestly, I just think it's a matter of believing that our Switching Defense philosophy is good, when there's ample evidence (especially tonight) that shows its shortcomings.

How many times do you have to see the Mavs "forcing" the switch to Duncan and have Luka isolate him then blowing past him, or Bam out on the perimeter contesting shots while our guys are giving up offensive rebounds, or just the general confusion of having to do so much rotating as the ball gets swung around.

It's also important to remember that Yurtz isn't out there with our best defenders.

Regardless, he's a rookie, so there will be growing pains, just don't expect players to learn from watching on the sidelines.

It was Brunsons 3 to start the 4th. Back turned to him not matched up just camping the paint hoping for a rebound a la Drummond or Whiteside. Late rotation 3 straight to the face. Right after Brunson just bullied him and snatched the ball out of his hands
#FreeBam
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#648 » by somerandomdude » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:04 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:1. It was Brunsons 3 to start the 4th. Back turned to him not matched up just camping the paint hoping for a rebound a la Drummond or Whiteside. Late rotation 3 straight to the face.

2. Right after Brunson just bullied him and snatched the ball out of his hands

Thanks.

1. Agreed that Yurtz deserves blame here. It was a bad sequence for the team, as well. And this isn't a defense of Yurtz but, just know that, even if he does stick to Brunson, it's a mismatch, so Brunson might just make a cut to the basket or, if Brunson gets the ball, he's gonna drive. But yeah, Yurtz lost track and shouldn't have drifted into the paint. I don't think this part happened, though, as explained in the video below (Yurtz got caught looking at the ball when Bertans got it from the cut).

Spoiler:

2. I don't think there was much tussle going on between them to justify a bully move. Brunson was able to get the ball through the gap created by the way Yurtz came down with the ball. It was a good move by Brunson to get in front of Yurtz with Yurtz' back turned and then going for the steal when Yurtz turned around.

Spoiler:
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#649 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:42 pm

somerandomdude wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:1. It was Brunsons 3 to start the 4th. Back turned to him not matched up just camping the paint hoping for a rebound a la Drummond or Whiteside. Late rotation 3 straight to the face.

2. Right after Brunson just bullied him and snatched the ball out of his hands

Thanks.

1. Agreed that Yurtz deserves blame here. It was a bad sequence for the team, as well. And this isn't a defense of Yurtz but, just know that, even if he does stick to Brunson, it's a mismatch, so Brunson might just make a cut to the basket or, if Brunson gets the ball, he's gonna drive. But yeah, Yurtz lost track and shouldn't have drifted into the paint. I don't think this part happened, though, as explained in the video below (Yurtz got caught looking at the ball when Bertans got it from the cut).

Spoiler:

2. I don't think there was much tussle going on between them to justify a bully move. Brunson was able to get the ball through the gap created by the way Yurtz came down with the ball. It was a good move by Brunson to get in front of Yurtz with Yurtz' back turned and then going for the steal when Yurtz turned around.

Spoiler:

Great videos, nice job explaining the sequence.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#650 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:44 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Can't really say that, they made the finals and actually went to 6 games with their #2 and #3 players out/hurt.

Can’t go by previous embarrassments in that case either then. The team had 2 months off and had to jump right back in. Let’s see what happens. If we did Dipo and Dragic and they eat up Duncan Gabe and to a lesser extent Strus minutes that alone makes us a much improved team. The recent aggressive bam makes us better. We’re still growing, we’ve only had 20 games with the “big 3” I believe

I mentioned the sweep just to prove my point to AirP. I like your enthusiasm and want the team to do good, but i just dont see them bringing the big trophy home, too much inconsistency due to a lot of factors.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#651 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:01 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

I mentioned the sweep just to prove my point to AirP. I like your enthusiasm and want the team to do good, but i just dont see them bringing the big trophy home, too much inconsistency due to a lot of factors.

And that’s fine, that’s your opinion. I think we’re trading for a star either way this summer using Duncan Herro picks etc
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#652 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:07 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

Prove you point? Miami let Crowder go and didn't really replace him last year and he was a huge piece in getting to the Finals, he's been replaced by Tucker, Miami upgraded in their minds from Dragic to Lowry and soon should be getting Oladipo back who we hope will be a big plus by playoff team. The current team "should" be a better team than the team that went to the finals... but next year it should be even better with a whole year of Oladipo and at least one sizable trade that I'm expecting to see this summer.

Currently I don't believe Miami is a strong contender although I do think they are a legit contender. It'll really get interesting when Spoelstra starts cutting down his rotation and locking players into their roles as we get closer to the playoffs.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#653 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:44 pm

I mean I don’t see anyone in a 7 game series and thing, “man there’s no way we beat them”. We’re not really outclassed by anyone
#FreeBam
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#654 » by MHeat0279 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:46 pm

AirP. wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Prove you point? Miami let Crowder go and didn't really replace him last year and he was a huge piece in getting to the Finals, he's been replaced by Tucker, Miami upgraded in their minds from Dragic to Lowry and soon should be getting Oladipo back who we hope will be a big plus by playoff team. The current team "should" be a better team than the team that went to the finals... but next year it should be even better with a whole year of Oladipo and at least one sizable trade that I'm expecting to see this summer.

Currently I don't believe Miami is a strong contender although I do think they are a legit contender. It'll really get interesting when Spoelstra starts cutting down his rotation and locking players into their roles as we get closer to the playoffs.

I will gladly eat crow if they bring it home this year. Just dont see it happening.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#655 » by AirP. » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:53 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

I will gladly eat crow if they bring it home this year. Just dont see it happening.

The point was that Miami HAS a chance of winning a championship, not they will because you said they didn't have a chance. Even Golden State didn't win the Championship every year even though they were much better then any other team out there. The Heatles didn't win every year they had a dominate team.

It's really hard to win a championship, good lord everyone expected the Nets to walk to multiple championships and now it's going to be tough for them to get 1.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#656 » by MHeat0279 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:11 pm

everybody has a chance to win a championship, some team's chances are very slim, the freaking Kings can win if all the planets and starts alingn. Now that doesnt mean you have a good chance to win it. We have way betters odds than the Kings to win it all :lol:
But i just dont see the overconfidence with all the glaring holes this team currently has.

Return to Miami Heat