ImageImageImage

Mundai, 3/7 7- tertyPM, MIA/HOUIE, DIPPO BYKE!!! COMEINHEE!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,625

Re: Mundai, 3/7 7- tertyPM, MIA/HOUIE, DIPPO BYKE!!! COMEINHEE! 

Post#501 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 6:23 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
rate_ wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Spoiler:

It’s pretty easy to debunk lol. I’d love to see you put together a legitimate argument to back your stance. I’d love it. You won’t do it though, nothing you ever say is backed by anything of substance. Just a bunch of opinions thrown out everywhere.

I think the post February 2022 version of Herro is better than anything we've ever seen from Bam. But I will still give edge to Bam for now because I have to see Herro sustain those numbers, but:

27/5.5/4.5, +14.6 OnCourt (per 75 poss) on +8.6 rTS is really impressive and shows ability to carry an offense. Most of those buckets also are unassisted. Elite scoring volume, efficiency and impact prevails.

If Bam can develop a consistent jumper or a reliable go to move then that changes things.

Still giving the “edge” to bam who’s a “max player” and Herro is on a rookie contract…

3ammy3uck3ts>> Turkish Drummond was cute… yurt put up a string of games with stats that were only done since shaquille oneal since his rookie year (facts) what has bam done AKA poor man’s draymond green?

Herro is way better offensively at the moment than bam (fact)… here comes the Herro doesn’t have defense reply….Where’s bams offensive Max player talent? should be good all rounder. Not just on the defensive end. Don’t be mad a bench player on a rookie contract puts up better scoring numbers than bam does. Bam hasn’t gotten that much better since the bubble… show me stats that prove that he has improved way better than his bubble stats…

The funniest thing of all is worrying about Herro and yurt when they are on rookie contracts… should be worried about bam who right now isn’t living up to his contract….

Herro scores in a wider variety of ways, Bam scores more efficiently in less attempts. The offense runs through Bam quite a bit. His role is different than just “go score”. He has to score, playmake, set screens to get guys like your boy Herro open, etc. all while being arguably the best defender in the world. He puts up higher PPG sure, but the “scoring numbers” aren’t necessarily better but I know that’ll go over your head. As for Yurt, there’s a reason he’s glued to the bench and we saw it when he was getting bullied by the rockets 3rd stringer. He’s weak, he’s terrible defensively and slow on his feet. He’s Turkish Drummond right now. Lucky for him we have the best development team in the world.

Bam is 100% living up to his contract. He’s the clear cut 2nd best player on the team with the 1st seed in the East and 2/3 best record in the league. You’re just blinded by the hate. I’m impressed by Herros recent stretch because this is the play we’ll need from him when he’s maxed. Not the okay we were getting just prior to little recent 7 game stretch or whatever where he was inefficient as hell and the team was way better with him off the court.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#502 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 6:29 am

rate_ wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Spoiler:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:Herro>Bam change my mind….

It’s pretty easy to debunk lol. I’d love to see you put together a legitimate argument to back your stance. I’d love it. You won’t do it though, nothing you ever say is backed by anything of substance. Just a bunch of opinions thrown out everywhere.

I think the post February 2022 version of Herro is better than anything we've ever seen from Bam. But I will still give edge to Bam for now because I have to see Herro sustain those numbers, but:

27/5.5/4.5, +14.6 OnCourt (per 75 poss) on +8.6 rTS is really impressive and shows ability to carry an offense. Most of those buckets also are unassisted. Elite scoring volume, efficiency and impact prevails.

If Bam can develop a consistent jumper or a reliable go to move then that changes things.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

We literally just witnessed a better stretch with elite play on both sides of the ball and impact on the game.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#503 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 6:30 am

Beenie wrote:
gom wrote:
Beenie wrote:If Drummond, Yurts, or Bam is the best player on a team then that team is lottery bound.

Yeah, honestly, no. Meaning nobody knows what Bam is going to do. He is getting better and it's pretty scary.

Projecting and hoping are very different from the current reality.

In Bam’s present state, if he was the best player on a team then that team isn’t likely sniffing the playoffs this year or any year that he’s been in the league thus far.

We all hope that he’ll one day learn proper footwork, become a reliable mid range shooter, establish one or two efficient post moves, and tighten up his shaky ball handling, but that’s all projection and hope.

Damn he’s scoring 30+ multiple times without all this?!?! We’re in for a treat when he hits his prime then. Lmao!
#FreeBam
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,197

Post#504 » by rate_ » Wed Mar 9, 2022 6:44 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
rate_ wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

We literally just witnessed a better stretch with elite play on both sides of the ball and impact on the game.

I would argue Herro's production has shown more resiliency against elite opponents. Bam went through a stretch where his best stretch came disproportionally against poor interior defenses/competition. His lack of counter or go to move limits his ceiling as a player and makes him much easier for opposing defenses to contain/neutralize. His success in terms of production offensively is matchup dependent. His defense does provide value, but against legit size in the frontcourt he completely shrinks offensively. Herro has shown more consistency as of late despite change in opponent quality.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#505 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 6:58 am

rate_ wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
rate_ wrote:I think the post February 2022 version of Herro is better than anything we've ever seen from Bam. But I will still give edge to Bam for now because I have to see Herro sustain those numbers, but:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I would argue Herro's production has shown more resiliency against elite opponents. Bam went through a stretch where his best stretch came disproportionally against poor interior defenses/competition. His lack of counter or go to move limits his ceiling as a player and makes him much easier for opposing defenses to contain/neutralize. His success in terms of production offensively is matchup dependent. His defense does provide value, but against legit size in the frontcourt he completely shrinks offensively. Herro has shown more consistency as of late despite change in opponent quality.

Ehhhh that’s all just grasping for straws and doesn’t factor in Bams elite impact on the game and elite defense over the stretch to go with scoring over 30 multiple times. It was clearly better.

I love what Herro is doing right now though and hope he’s able to keep it up.
#FreeBam
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,312

Post#506 » by Beenie » Wed Mar 9, 2022 8:30 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
gom wrote:
Yeah, honestly, no. Meaning nobody knows what Bam is going to do. He is getting better and it's pretty scary.

In Bam’s present state, if he was the best player on a team then that team isn’t likely sniffing the playoffs this year or any year that he’s been in the league thus far.

We all hope that he’ll one day learn proper footwork, become a reliable mid range shooter, establish one or two efficient post moves, and tighten up his shaky ball handling, but that’s all projection and hope.

Damn he’s scoring 30+ multiple times without all this?!?! We’re in for a treat when he hits his prime then. Lmao!

Trash argument. There’s a long list of players who have scored 30 or more multiple times in a season who never became the best player on their respective teams.

Bam’s done it so far 4 times this year.

To give perspective, Whiteside scored 30 four times in the 16/17’ season with Mia. FYI, they missed the playoffs that year.

Furthermore, Bam’s scoring is heavily dependent on guards who set him up and put-backs/ broken plays.

He’s pretty inept as a scorer otherwise. Rare that inept iso/ post scorers become the best player on a playoff team.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#507 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Mar 9, 2022 11:07 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:
rate_ wrote:I think the post February 2022 version of Herro is better than anything we've ever seen from Bam. But I will still give edge to Bam for now because I have to see Herro sustain those numbers, but:

Still giving the “edge” to bam who’s a “max player” and Herro is on a rookie contract…

3ammy3uck3ts>> Turkish Drummond was cute… yurt put up a string of games with stats that were only done since shaquille oneal since his rookie year (facts) what has bam done AKA poor man’s draymond green?

Herro is way better offensively at the moment than bam (fact)… here comes the Herro doesn’t have defense reply….Where’s bams offensive Max player talent? should be good all rounder. Not just on the defensive end. Don’t be mad a bench player on a rookie contract puts up better scoring numbers than bam does. Bam hasn’t gotten that much better since the bubble… show me stats that prove that he has improved way better than his bubble stats…

The funniest thing of all is worrying about Herro and yurt when they are on rookie contracts… should be worried about bam who right now isn’t living up to his contract….

Herro scores in a wider variety of ways, Bam scores more efficiently in less attempts. The offense runs through Bam quite a bit. His role is different than just “go score”. He has to score, playmake, set screens to get guys like your boy Herro open, etc. all while being arguably the best defender in the world. He puts up higher PPG sure, but the “scoring numbers” aren’t necessarily better but I know that’ll go over your head. As for Yurt, there’s a reason he’s glued to the bench and we saw it when he was getting bullied by the rockets 3rd stringer. He’s weak, he’s terrible defensively and slow on his feet. He’s Turkish Drummond right now. Lucky for him we have the best development team in the world.

Bam is 100% living up to his contract. He’s the clear cut 2nd best player on the team with the 1st seed in the East and 2/3 best record in the league. You’re just blinded by the hate. I’m impressed by Herros recent stretch because this is the play we’ll need from him when he’s maxed. Not the okay we were getting just prior to little recent 7 game stretch or whatever where he was inefficient as hell and the team was way better with him off the court.

Herro is earning Bams contract better than Bam. Hell we were 17-8 in mid Jan w/out Bam

Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,021

Post#508 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Wed Mar 9, 2022 12:27 pm

Bam is absolutely NOT earning his current contract. Is he playing well? Yes. Is he a defensive beast? Yes. Is his production worth his current contract? Absolutely not!

Bam needs to improve offensively and show consistency doing so. More consistency in looking for his own, and not waiting for it to manifest. He also needs to show up offensively on a regular basis against good and bad opponents and bigs. Until then, he is not anything more than a really good 2 way player.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,620

Post#509 » by AirP. » Wed Mar 9, 2022 2:24 pm

gom wrote:
I also don't feel Robinson's salary is a problem. In fact, the numbers above prove we are already over the salary cap and headed over the tax anyhow. My only issue with Robinson is that I want him to hit 9 threes a game, and I'm pretty frustrated, as you can imagine.

Robinson's salary is only a problem with how much tax Miami will pay as the repeater tax while his minutes drop. If Oladipo is back long term and Herro is kept then Robinson's going to lose his minutes and continue to drop his value to the team and the value of his contract.

This year Miami is under the tax so Robinson's contract is not an issue, next year and beyond it's an issue for an owner who's main business was devastated for 2 years so far, maybe more. More then likely Miami isn't going to give up a 1st or what not to have someone like OKC absorb his salary, he has value so Miami's going to have to bring an asset or 2(draft pick or young player they like) or more then likely find a vet on their last year of their contract that is making less then Robinson.

The numbers I put up by year and who is a FA or who is on the court isn't the whole view, Oladipo and Herro's contracts aren't in there, Vincent, Strus and Yurtseven's next contracts aren't in there and all of them are not signed past next season, Oladipo isn't signed past this season. If Oladipo stays healthy, he's worth way more then Robinson, so offering him less should be a slap in the face with him being a previous all-star who has been forcing himself to Miami and made acquiring him pretty cheap.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#510 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 2:37 pm

3ballbomber wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:

Herro is earning Bams contract better than Bam. Hell we were 17-8 in mid Jan w/out Bam

He’s literally not though and it isn’t close :lol: holy **** brother literally take 2 minutes to do a little digging and you’ll see.

Great point on the record, trade Jimmy Bam and Lowry!!!

Here you go:

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#511 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 2:48 pm

Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Trash argument. There’s a long list of players who have scored 30 or more multiple times in a season who never became the best player on their respective teams.

To give perspective, Whiteside scored 30 four times in the 16/17’ season with Mia. FYI, they missed the playoffs that year.

Furthermore, Bam’s scoring is heavily dependent on guards who set him up and put-backs/ broken plays.

He’s pretty inept as a scorer otherwise. Rare that inept iso/ post scorers become the best player on a playoff team.

There was no argument in my post…….

Scoring in many different ways. He’s working on his game, sorry he’s not a finished product at 24. He’ll you better hope Herro isn’t a finished product because he’s a god awful defender. That’s part of growing older in the league and hitting your prime and stuff, you know, actually improving your game as you grow?

It’s ok to say Bam doesn’t have an elite scoring package yet but don’t sit here and act like he’s Clint Capela the way you are because it flat out isn’t true.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#512 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 2:51 pm

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:Bam is absolutely NOT earning his current contract. Is he playing well? Yes. Is he a defensive beast? Yes. Is his production worth his current contract? Absolutely not!

Bam needs to improve offensively and show consistency doing so. More consistency in looking for his own, and not waiting for it to manifest. He also needs to show up offensively on a regular basis against good and bad opponents and bigs. Until then, he is not anything more than a really good 2 way player.

19-10-4 while being arguably the best defender in the world isn’t earning your contract lol? Come on now.

Not Bams fault he’s relied on so heavily to get guys like Duncan involved. We want Bam to score 23+ or even more a night eliminate DHOs and tell Bam to be in attack mode at all time. We run majority of the offense through him at the top of the key with DHOs and screen setting. That’s our scheme as a team
#FreeBam
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,312

Post#513 » by Beenie » Wed Mar 9, 2022 4:13 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Scoring in many different ways. He’s working on his game, sorry he’s not a finished product at 24. He’ll you better hope Herro isn’t a finished product because he’s a god awful defender. That’s part of growing older in the league and hitting your prime and stuff, you know, actually improving your game as you grow?

It’s ok to say Bam doesn’t have an elite scoring package yet but don’t sit here and act like he’s Clint Capela the way you are because it flat out isn’t true.

It Yurts a finished product?

We are discussing this because you likened Yurts to Drummond and suggested that he could put up big numbers on a lottery team.

My cental point btw was that if this current Bam was the best player on a team then that team would be lottery bound, and the same is true about Yurts; just as it was true about prime Drummond. I not referring to the hypothentical future Bam who becomes unstoppable years in the future that you like to fantasize about.

Furthermore, all the things you say about Bam's work ethic and youth can be applied to Yurts too, no?

They obviously have differnt skillsets but that doesnt speak to their ability to grow their games.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#514 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 4:20 pm

Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:

We are discussing this because you likened Yurts to Drummond and suggested that he could put up big numbers on a lottery team.

My cental point btw was that if this current Bam was the best player on a team then that team would be lottery bound, and the same is true about Yurts; just as it was true about prime Drummond. I not referring to the hypothentical future Bam who becomes unstoppable years in the future that you like to fantasize about.

Furthermore, all the things you say about Bam's work ethic and youth can be applied to Yurts too, no?

They obviously have differnt skillsets but that doesnt speak to their ability to grow their games.

Did I say he was finished?

I’m not going to sit here and discuss a 3rd string center compared to an elite top 3-5 center in the league. I hope they both end up being great players, especially if Yurt stays with us.

As for your hypotheticals, we’ll, they’re exactly that. You don’t know what would happen. The facts as of right now Bam is the 2nd best and most/2nd most impactful player by a wide margin on the 1 seed in the eastern conference. Those are the facts, be happy he’s elite.
#FreeBam
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst
And1: 4,031

Post#515 » by Heat_Down_Under » Wed Mar 9, 2022 9:52 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

I’m not going to sit here and discuss a 3rd string center compared to an elite top 3-5 center in the league. I hope they both end up being great players, especially if Yurt stays with us.

As for your hypotheticals, we’ll, they’re exactly that. You don’t know what would happen. The facts as of right now Bam is the 2nd best and most/2nd most impactful player by a wide margin on the 1 seed in the eastern conference. Those are the facts, be happy he’s elite.

Glad to see ur humbling urself a little lol went from top 3 centre to top 3-5.. and bam is second best player on the team.. imagine that.. being the “best defender in the world” and the “3rd best centre in the league” but your the second best player on the team..

Let’s not forget bam was a rookie once and played behind guys like Leonard and whiteside. My arguement earlier was what did bam do in his rookie season that was special? He didn’t even get selected to team USA because plumlee was better lol… Your giving stats now of bam and downplaying rookies. Yurt put up number of games with stats only seen by Shaq in his rookie season..

The only thing good about bam is his defensive switch and guarding players 1-5 and on the perimeter.. if defending guys that are smaller than you, but getting bodied by players that are taller or 7 foot in the paint makes you the best defender in the world so be it. We all know bam as a centre in the 90s would be a nobody.

Stop talking him up as a once in a generation talent who’s ceiling is looking like a poor man’s Ben Wallace.. and that’s even an insult to Ben Wallace
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#516 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 11:04 pm

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Glad to see ur humbling urself a little lol went from top 3 centre to top 3-5.. and bam is second best player on the team.. imagine that.. being the “best defender in the world” and the “3rd best centre in the league” but your the second best player on the team..

Let’s not forget bam was a rookie once and played behind guys like Leonard and whiteside. My arguement earlier was what did bam do in his rookie season that was special? He didn’t even get selected to team USA because plumlee was better lol… Your giving stats now of bam and downplaying rookies. Yurt put up number of games with stats only seen by Shaq in his rookie season..

The only thing good about bam is his defensive switch and guarding players 1-5 and on the perimeter.. if defending guys that are smaller than you, but getting bodied by players that are taller or 7 foot in the paint makes you the best defender in the world so be it. We all know bam as a centre in the 90s would be a nobody.

Stop talking him up as a once in a generation talent who’s ceiling is looking like a poor man’s Ben Wallace.. and that’s even an insult to Ben Wallace

You do realize you can be top 3 at your position and the best defender in the world and not be the best player on your team right lol? Draymond did it for years, except bam is better offensively. Jimmys top 10 but I’m sure you all think Herro is better than Jimmy too lmao!

As for the rest of your post, that’s just ignorant as **** lol. Bam didn’t make team USA because he beat up Myles turner in practice. As for rookie stats, wtf did Jimmy Kawhi Pg etc do their rookie season? Look at them now. Just another horrible example from you.

You do realize Bam is less than a year older than yurt right? What was Bam doing at 23?

Man it is so easy to debunk all the ignorant **** you all say out of hate
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#517 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 9, 2022 11:05 pm

As for Bam being generational, your boy Herro said that, not me. Be mad at your god
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat