ImageImageImage

and the offseason trades are ... guards!!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,755

and the offseason trades are ... guards!! 

Post#1 » by al bondiga » Tue Mar 8, 2022 3:21 am

My votes are for lowry , Vincent , struss
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Re: and the offseason trades are ... guards!! 

Post#2 » by puppa bear » Tue Mar 8, 2022 4:30 am

Let’s see how the season ends. Pat has a tendency to tinker when we’re close, but hold after a win.

I think Duncan is possibly the odd one out. Though I can see how Lowry’s contract makes him a target in a big trade
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#3 » by SA37 » Tue Mar 8, 2022 9:14 am

- I doubt Riley moves Lowry, especially because his value has to be at an all-time low given his contract, his age, and his inability to stay on the court. If we get a repeat performance next year, Lowry will have more value as an expiring than anything else. If Oladipo is able to make a full comeback and Miami has him at a bargain contract, it will make up for the massive Lowry overpay.

- If we play with the idea of combining Lowry, Robinson, and another young asset (Strus/Martin/Yurtseven) or pick, what would be a realistic return?

1. Al Horford and Marcus Smart?

2. Harrison Barnes and Richaun Holmes?

3. Myles Turner and Brogdon/Hield?

- It'll be interesting to see what happens with Oladipo and his contract. Maybe he'll get a 1+1?

- Caleb Martin is another guy who has made a case to stick around, but I don't know if that will work financially for Miami.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,526

Post#4 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Mar 8, 2022 3:55 pm

al bondiga wrote:My votes are for lowry , Vincent , struss

Lowry is going to retire here as long as Butler is here. Vincent and Strus are on minimum deals and most likely will be kept or extended on value deals. Duncan Robinson is 100% going to be the odd man out. The whole reasoning that we wanted to avoid the tax this year was to reset the clock knowing what to expect next year. We are also not letting Oladipo walk out that door.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,570

Post#5 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Mar 8, 2022 4:02 pm

Duncan needs to be traded. Frees money depending on the return and opens up a starting spot to either Herro or Dipo. Gabe and/or Strus then move up into a solidified spot in the 2nd unit.

This could change if we decide to trade for a star this summer but I’m thinking simple answer right now
#FreeBam
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#6 » by SA37 » Tue Mar 8, 2022 4:27 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
al bondiga wrote:My votes are for lowry , Vincent , struss

Lowry is going to retire here as long as Butler is here. Vincent and Strus are on minimum deals and most likely will be kept or extended on value deals. Duncan Robinson is 100% going to be the odd man out. The whole reasoning that we wanted to avoid the tax this year was to reset the clock knowing what to expect next year. We are also not letting Oladipo walk out that door.

The problem is that Robinson's value is going to be ultra low after this sub-par season. Who can Miami realistically get back that can be more productive than Robinson in a straight up swap?

RIchaun Holmes? Christian Wood?
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,904

Post#7 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Mar 8, 2022 11:51 pm

its too early to be having this conversation lock this thread till after the playoffs
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,308

Post#8 » by Beenie » Wed Mar 9, 2022 1:16 am

Might have to package a pick to get off of Duncan's contract.

Stinks that it may have to come to that.

And if Mia hopes to get an asset in return for him, multiple picks may have to be surrendered.

He's a streak shooter so it's entirely possibly he can get hot down the stretch and throughout the playoffs which would elevate his value, though I have no faith in that happening.

Return to Miami Heat