ImageImageImage

MIA/VALLEY OF THE SUN!!! WE BYKE! MUSHU WAKE UP MORRIS!! 3/9, 7:TERTY

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: MIA/VALLEY OF THE SUN!!! WE BYKE! MUSHU WAKE UP MORRIS!! 3/9, 7:TERTY 

Post#581 » by IggieCC » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:18 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:The next GT is just there for the taking. So easy.

:x
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,616

Post#582 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:20 am

Shewasfly wrote:
balla345 wrote:And for anyone saying butler wouldn’t make a difference is lying. The way to suns play defense butler would be the only ones the refs would call anything for. The game would’ve slowed down and if he was on his game it would free up herro/Lowry/gabe a lot more. He’s also a great defender last time I check and still putting close to mvp numbers.

The suggestion doesn't even make sense. He's 22 points and great defense gone in all one fell swoop. He's basically all of our free throws and ability to score in the half court too.

Its not to say we wouldn't have still lost but to say he wouldn't make a difference is crazy.

Like Jimmy wouldn't have made a difference but Yogurt would have saved us? Huh??

How would him being there prevented the undersized players on switches? That was the problem all game. That problem was nonexistent the last time we played the suns because Ayton could not get positioning against Yurt. But in no way am I saying Yurt is more important or better than Jimmy or any of that mess. Hell we could have still lost with Yurt. But we didn't explore that option after it proved so fruitful last game bothers me.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#583 » by somerandomdude » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:21 am

balla345 wrote:And for anyone saying butler wouldn’t make a difference is lying. The way to suns play defense butler would be the only ones the refs would call anything for. The game would’ve slowed down and if he was on his game it would free up herro/Lowry/gabe a lot more. He’s also a great defender last time I check and still putting close to mvp numbers.

Theoretically, yes. But what happens if the refs don't make calls? We had plenty of drives tonight and made plenty of contact with only 13 FTAs to show for it. Suns only had 10 FTAs, as well, but they were getting them when they needed them.

So if refs aren't making calls, then Jimmy could turn into a liability if he's not hitting shots.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#584 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:23 am

MorbidHEAT wrote:As much as I love the Heat, I hate them sometimes. How are you going to get embarrassed on a national game?

Seems like after that first quarter there was almost no effort.

Today is one of the games that Yurt probably could have played seeing as we got absolutely torched on the glass.

I really need to see Dipo more aggressive. Its understandable that he is out of rhythm. However, as he gets more into rhythm, he needs to look at the basket more and not pass off a direct lane to the basket as he did several time this game.

I am also believing more and more that this team will not be a truly great team as long as Bam is our first or 2nd option offensively. It's just not who he is. He really has to be the third option getting his point off of hustle plays and rebounds. He doesn't have it in him to be super aggressive like he has been for that 3 or 4 game stretch after the all star break.

Dipo is really not in NBA shape. He's getting winded in these limited minutes and he doesn't have the strength in his legs to finish in the lane like he used to. If he doesn't have a clear launching pad, he won't force it. The flashes are there, but he needs a couple of weeks to get in that groove.
#HEATLifer

contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#585 » by contract » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:23 am

This team is just **** weird sometimes.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#586 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:25 am

contract wrote:This team is just **** weird sometimes.

That’s why legitimate banners are so far and few between.
OP for NBA FT record
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#587 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:25 am

somerandomdude wrote:

Theoretically, yes. But what happens if the refs don't make calls? We had plenty of drives tonight and made plenty of contact with only 13 FTAs to show for it. Suns only had 10 FTAs, as well, but they were getting them when they needed them.

So if refs aren't making calls, then Jimmy could turn into a liability if he's not hitting shots.

He absolutely would have drawn more contact and fouls. But he would be helpless against the bigs pounding the glass and scoring on him and other guards. Ayton was in practice tonight. Like he wasn't being defended.
#HEATLifer

somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#588 » by somerandomdude » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:25 am

Maybe. Since Bam came back, we've only played 7 quality opponents*. We're 3-4 against them, but I wouldn't count the Bucks game because we lost by 1pt and they shot more than 2x as many FTAs than us.

*8 or 9 if you include Hornets and a Kyrie-less Nets.

Edit: add another 3 games if you consider the Raps to be a quality opponent.
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#589 » by somerandomdude » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:28 am

KingDavid wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:

He absolutely would have drawn more contact and fouls. But he would be helpless against the bigs pounding the glass and scoring on him and other guards. Ayton was in practice tonight. Like he wasn't being defended.

But how do you know he would've gotten the calls? I don't think you (or anyone) does. This was a low FTA game for both teams. He didn't even get FTAs against the Bucks, who shot 27 FTAs to our 12.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#590 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:30 am

Shewasfly wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:What I find funny is that I don't think they even mentioned Jimmy's name once. Not saying this team deserves any excuses, but you'd think not having our best player wasn't worth mentioning while they mentioned Paul and even Cameron something that the Suns are missing.

True. But tbh, having Jimmy wouldn't have changed a damn thing. Them having cp3 would have been horrific. He would have been having a party feed those switches.

Sure it would have. You don't think someone who can actually put pressure on the inside wouldn't have made them change their defense and loosen things up for us a bit? Someone who the refs may actually call a foul for consistently?

I think he would have been tremendous, especially when we started struggling in the half court.

That was hyperbole, honestly.

Bit I don't think Jimmy can guard Ayton or McGee on a switch. He would have drawn fouls and got to the ft line and did his usual things, but there is no stopping a 7fter if you're under 6'10". Look at the rebounding differential. How on earth would Jimmy have prevented that?

But offensively, of course. Especially in the 3rd when we went stagnant. He would have helpful there. But he would have been scored on if he switched to those bigs too. It is what it is. Again, I am not saying anything about Jimmy in a negative way, he's our best player by far. But idk if what he brings would have made a dent on our biggest problems tonight.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#591 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:33 am

somerandomdude wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:Theoretically, yes. But what happens if the refs don't make calls? We had plenty of drives tonight and made plenty of contact with only 13 FTAs to show for it. Suns only had 10 FTAs, as well, but they were getting them when they needed them.

But how do you know he would've gotten the calls? I don't think you (or anyone) does. This was a low FTA game for both teams. He didn't even get FTAs against the Bucks, who shot 27 FTAs to our 12.

I see your point. I just based that assumption on his body of work overall instead of what happened against the bucks who he seems to have bad games against. He's great at drawing fouls, but that wasn't our problem tonight. We could not stop them when they switched. Jimmy isn't a big. He would have been scored on just the same. That's my stance about it.

We didn't get calls against the bucks and we lost by 1 in a goofy finish. We got blasted on the boards tonight and second chance points and we got blown out.
#HEATLifer

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#592 » by gom » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:33 am

Disappointing. Whatever. We did look tired though. I'm glad we're on a homestand.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#593 » by somerandomdude » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:34 am

Read on Twitter
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#594 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:35 am

somerandomdude wrote:
Read on Twitter

Knew it when I saw it. He's gonna be feeling that for a while.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#595 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:36 am

gom wrote:Disappointing. Whatever. We did look tired though. I'm glad we're on a homestand.

Suns were on a b2b. Why the hell are we tired?
#HEATLifer

harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#596 » by harlem_ball » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:43 am

DayofMourning wrote:Think Riley might have to come down to coach the team again. Would hate to waste this roster with a coach who refuses to adapt/gameplan against teams with bigs.

Time for Spo to take care of his family.

All the presidents men. Lol
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,462

Post#597 » by fishfuego. » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:43 am

somerandomdude wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
The final tally was 64-46.

I remember posting that, with Yurtz, we were the best rebounding team in the league by about 4rpg.

He's automatic on the boards. When someone says a rookie just set the record for consecutive double doubles over the past 40 years, you have to stop and pay attention. You're talking about a kid doing chit that legends couldn't duplicate. He's a board beast. He's getting you ten at least.

Amen, brother.

He's in a tough situation. If you're a traditional Center, Spo is the worst coach to play for. He wants a guy who can defend the perimeter, switch, and close out on 3pt shooters, and that definitely has its advantages, but he also can't (or refuses to) adjust to what he has and would throw away talent as a result. He's either going to win his way or not win at all.

Well the odds are against him, because in the playoffs easier/ higher percentage putbacks will only put the pressure on the opposite shooters who aren’t scoring inside vs taller players.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#598 » by IggieCC » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:48 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:

That’s why legitimate banners are so far and few between.

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#599 » by gom » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:49 am

KingDavid wrote:
gom wrote:Disappointing. Whatever. We did look tired though. I'm glad we're on a homestand.

Suns were on a b2b. Why the hell are we tired?

That's a good question. I don't know, but clearly we did not have the hustle, especially after the good start. Credit to the Suns, though. They were by far the better team tonight, and that's without Chris Paul. These guys will be tough. I hope the Warriors take them out for us.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#600 » by somerandomdude » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:56 am

fishfuego. wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:Amen, brother.

He's in a tough situation. If you're a traditional Center, Spo is the worst coach to play for. He wants a guy who can defend the perimeter, switch, and close out on 3pt shooters, and that definitely has its advantages, but he also can't (or refuses to) adjust to what he has and would throw away talent as a result. He's either going to win his way or not win at all.

We’ll the odds are against him, because in the playoffs easier higher percentage putbacks will only put the pressure on the opposite shooters who aren’t scoring inside vs taller players.

Yup, that's gonna be a big problem. I'm really thankful more teams don't take advantage of it as of late because it's how we were getting beat up earlier in the season.

Also, I think almost every contender that made a trade at the deadline got bigger. It's only us and the Warriors that are betting on small ball.

Like I've said before: if he can win a title his way (without LBJ+Wade+Bosh and awesome role players), that's all we want. No complaints here.

Return to Miami Heat